Khaosan Road Rainbow Hostel Reviews

43 Chakrapong Road, Banglumphu, Bangkok, Thailand

Great location just 20 meters from khaosan Road. The hostel is located on top of an indian restaurant so there is no common area. The beds were quite hard. But over all good and you get what you pay for.

This place was SO HOT. They had AC in every room but no one could turn it on. (I assume to save money). There was Wifi on every floor but no one could use it (I assume again it was shut off or something) The toilets were SO SO gross... and no toilet paper unless you walk to the front desk and hassle them for it. The shower was literally over top of the toilet in a small closet type of stench box without a fan. It was literally so gross we paid for our 2 nights and left immediately.

• 8th Nov 2015

Close to train station

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Turkey

The staff are helpful and honest, two things that hard to come by on Khao San Road. I keep coming back here because I know I can trust the staff, the location is great and the Indian food downstairs is wonderful. The beds are a bit hard and there is some mould, but it's a good value for what you're paying.

Okay, get what you pay for, fan in room never worked, was dreading going back to the hostel every night cause the room was like a sauna.

The hostel is right by Koh San road so great to get buses etc and enjoy the nightlife on Koh San road. But the actual rooms and bathrooms etc are pretty horrible. I'd been travelling for a day and badly needed a shower but was nearly afraid to use them here. They were disgusting. The wifi was also really poor. The staff however were pretty helpful and sorted our shuttle to the airport for the next morning. I'm just lucky I was there for a few hours to sleep before my flight. Won't be returning.

Really dirty, windowless smelly room covered in mould. Apart from that its a perfect location and the staff are really helpful. If you're just in Bangkok to hit up Khao San Road then it does the job, particularly as its so cheap.

staff was the nicest people ever. my room was VERY MOLDY and i had trouble breathing. food was good!

Horrible place!!! Dirtyyy!!! Disgusting!!!

not a nice experience!! staff rude and hostel feels very dirty.

You get what you pay for!

We loved this place, best vegetarian Indian food ever. It's the only place we ate in bkk. The staff are all awesome and overly helpful, the beds are big and comfy and the hostel has everything you need. It's in a good location because it's right off khaosan road, not to close but not too far.

The location of this hostel is ideal as you're a stone throw from Khao San Rd. Although the rooms and toilets aren't clear nor well maintained, you get what you pay for so you can't expect much else. Very friendly staff and a great help in booking airport transport. If you're on a budget and slumming it for a few nights, then I would recommend Rainbow, however only for a maximum of 3 nights or so.

You get what you pay for. Location is good. Staff rubbish. Room very basic. If you don't mind where you sleep. Stay here.

This is an awesome hostel if your not expecting the Ritz, it's right on the end of Khaosan Road and a 10 minute walk from the grand palace! Don't get conned by the tuk tuk drivers, we got around all of Bangkok for 20baht! Ask watch out for the ping pong shows 🙈 the staff are awesome and the curry is one of the best I've had all over the world! I have booked again for the end of my trip before I fly home!! This is a cheap must stay!! :)

• 19th Jul 2015

Unhelpful staff. Very smelly rooms. Below standard.

Noisy fan Dirty pillow Holes in mattress which has no topper or cover Holes in the walls Mouldy bathroom with dirty ceiling which had broken tiles and more holes Door handle to bathroom was broken and the door didn't fully close.

• 17th Jul 2015

When we tried to check in the guy told us it was full and that we might try it later. Bit strange....

The location is perfect and really close to Khao San Road. the staffs are alright and will help u in case u need them. However the bed are like hard rocks hahaha pretty hard to sleep very well. also a negative point is the internet that doesn't work in the rooms. Finally is a good place if u are looking for a cheap and well located place.

Very helpful staff. Nice food. Lovely and clean