Khaosan Road Rainbow Hostel Reviews

43 Chakrapong Road, Banglumphu, Bangkok, Thailand

its located at the end of khaosan which is a bit of a tourist trap.

Hard mattress & no window, but staff and location are excellent. Great value for money!!

I booked a bed in the ac dorm but they over booked the dorm and gave me a single room with a fan and no window. Great you would think but very hard to sleep in the heat with a fan. Otherwise staff were nice. Good location

Awesome cheap place. Only problem is the rock hard mattresses on the beds, really hurts my hips and have to keep turning over all night. Staff are great, food is excellent. Cheap prices all round. I always stay here when I come to Bangkok. ;)

We had a private budget double, I suppose cheap for Bangkok and with AC. However, I can still smell the awful smell of mould and damp, the ceilings were black with mould and the beds were basically planks of wood. The bathroom was discusting and pretty much all the furniture and doors were broken. For the money paid I would only stay again if really had no money left as for a couple of quid more I think you would find something much better. Staff were nice and wifi was very quick, good location.

You get what you pay for. Great location so fine if you just need a bed and somewhere to dump your stuff. Staff weren't pleasant but weren't bad either. Suited us as we need everything cheap but probably could find cheaper if you searched. Restaurant downstairs had great food.

Very humid, smeling and dirty. But cheap at least

• 11th Oct 2014

It's very good hotel. Actually, I was on business trip to Thailand. Free Wi-Fi is helpful to connect to the internet-necessity on business scean. Also, affordability is very good. It is same function with other budget hotels but more affordable. Only thing that I missed and want to recommend rest of you is their curry cuisine. Anyway, I will come back to them.

Quite dirty. The bed was like sleeping on a rock. But it is right next to Koh San road

First, I should say I've chosen this hostel since it has the best price in Bangkok with private bathroom &Air condition. So you wouldn't expect much. The location is very good, and the staff are very good. But the beds has very hard mattress. and the cleanliness is poor. I've seen much better hostels with the same value or even less, But in Bangkok,it still the best for its price. I'll stay again in it. So, if u have low budget and you need air condition, private room &good location, go for it

Worst hostel I've ever been. It's dirty, rooms have no windows it's on a noisy road and there is abig karaoke bar opposite to it, that blasts super loud music till very late. Super hot and the air conditioned is not working very well. I managed to sleep 2 hours per night and I hated it. I've to say that they cook good food and they are friendly to be fair.

Super atmosphere and very nice people. I will come back next time.

Okay place to stay near khao San road. WiFi and aircon worked fine

the staff in this hostel is very nice and help us. The room is not nice. Poor and small. Lo mejor de este hostel es el personal, la habitación en cambio es un poco tosca y pequeña.

Dirty place.!! Old beds and bedbugs