Khaosan Road Rainbow Hostel Reviews

43 Chakrapong Road, Banglumphu, Bangkok, Thailand

Good value for money, great location and helpful staff.

Beds are rock hard, no better than the floor, and the bathrooms are awful. But, we didn't mind as the price is great, staff are great and location is fantastic!!!!

Hostel is above an Indian restaurant, I have nothing against Indian food, it just has a strong odor. Room smelled like mildew, bed smelled like in indian food. Dat and small with no natural loght. Floors were dirty. Mold in the bathroom. The pros, cheap and around the corner from khoa san road

• 30th Dec 2014

its located at the end of khaosan which is a bit of a tourist trap.

Hard mattress & no window, but staff and location are excellent. Great value for money!!

Low-cost hostel next to khao san, friendly and helpful staff!. However, matresses are not the best and the sheets are not completely clean. Wifi is awful. They should improve these things. Also a room to meet people is missing, but you meet people in the dorms.

I booked a bed in the ac dorm but they over booked the dorm and gave me a single room with a fan and no window. Great you would think but very hard to sleep in the heat with a fan. Otherwise staff were nice. Good location

Awesome cheap place. Only problem is the rock hard mattresses on the beds, really hurts my hips and have to keep turning over all night. Staff are great, food is excellent. Cheap prices all round. I always stay here when I come to Bangkok. ;)

We had a private budget double, I suppose cheap for Bangkok and with AC. However, I can still smell the awful smell of mould and damp, the ceilings were black with mould and the beds were basically planks of wood. The bathroom was discusting and pretty much all the furniture and doors were broken. For the money paid I would only stay again if really had no money left as for a couple of quid more I think you would find something much better. Staff were nice and wifi was very quick, good location.

You get what you pay for. Great location so fine if you just need a bed and somewhere to dump your stuff. Staff weren't pleasant but weren't bad either. Suited us as we need everything cheap but probably could find cheaper if you searched. Restaurant downstairs had great food.

Very humid, smeling and dirty. But cheap at least

• 11th Oct 2014

It's very good hotel. Actually, I was on business trip to Thailand. Free Wi-Fi is helpful to connect to the internet-necessity on business scean. Also, affordability is very good. It is same function with other budget hotels but more affordable. Only thing that I missed and want to recommend rest of you is their curry cuisine. Anyway, I will come back to them.

Quite dirty. The bed was like sleeping on a rock. But it is right next to Koh San road