Khaosan Road Rainbow Hostel Reviews

43 Chakrapong Road, Banglumphu, Bangkok, Thailand

Fine for 3 nights. Sheets weren't clean. Helpful and friendly staff. Good location!

Disgusting place. There was a cockroach in my room and the bed was full of stains. There was mold on the ceiling and the bathroom stank. Tiny room with a door that looks like a gentle push against it will break the lock. The staff were friendly

This place was the dirtiest place i have ever stayed on my month of travels in thailand. There are 2 bathrooms for over 20 rooms, the walls are coated in dirt and the air con is only turned on for a few hours every day. The staff is rude. The hostel is above a indian food restaurant and everything smells like curry. Its only plus is the location... I would rather walk further...

This hostel seemed like really good value for its location but I was really let down by the atmosphere and facilities. I didn't feel safe here and was disappointed with the conditions on the showers. A few other girls mentioned they also didn't enjoy their stay for the same reasons

Good value for money, great location and helpful staff.

Beds are rock hard, no better than the floor, and the bathrooms are awful. But, we didn't mind as the price is great, staff are great and location is fantastic!!!!

Hostel is above an Indian restaurant, I have nothing against Indian food, it just has a strong odor. Room smelled like mildew, bed smelled like in indian food. Dat and small with no natural loght. Floors were dirty. Mold in the bathroom. The pros, cheap and around the corner from khoa san road

• 30th Dec 2014

its located at the end of khaosan which is a bit of a tourist trap.

Hard mattress & no window, but staff and location are excellent. Great value for money!!

Low-cost hostel next to khao san, friendly and helpful staff!. However, matresses are not the best and the sheets are not completely clean. Wifi is awful. They should improve these things. Also a room to meet people is missing, but you meet people in the dorms.

I booked a bed in the ac dorm but they over booked the dorm and gave me a single room with a fan and no window. Great you would think but very hard to sleep in the heat with a fan. Otherwise staff were nice. Good location

Awesome cheap place. Only problem is the rock hard mattresses on the beds, really hurts my hips and have to keep turning over all night. Staff are great, food is excellent. Cheap prices all round. I always stay here when I come to Bangkok. ;)

We had a private budget double, I suppose cheap for Bangkok and with AC. However, I can still smell the awful smell of mould and damp, the ceilings were black with mould and the beds were basically planks of wood. The bathroom was discusting and pretty much all the furniture and doors were broken. For the money paid I would only stay again if really had no money left as for a couple of quid more I think you would find something much better. Staff were nice and wifi was very quick, good location.

You get what you pay for. Great location so fine if you just need a bed and somewhere to dump your stuff. Staff weren't pleasant but weren't bad either. Suited us as we need everything cheap but probably could find cheaper if you searched. Restaurant downstairs had great food.

Very humid, smeling and dirty. But cheap at least

• 11th Oct 2014

It's very good hotel. Actually, I was on business trip to Thailand. Free Wi-Fi is helpful to connect to the internet-necessity on business scean. Also, affordability is very good. It is same function with other budget hotels but more affordable. Only thing that I missed and want to recommend rest of you is their curry cuisine. Anyway, I will come back to them.