Khaosan Road Rainbow Hostel Reviews

43 Chakrapong Road, Banglumphu, Bangkok, Thailand

Beds are really hard, fans are pointless as room is always so hot! I was sweating! No towels, soap or was stuff supplied unless you pay extra money..! Also no windows in the rooms. Food was good in the restaurant and staff seem nice.. But I probably wouldn't stay again..

• 9th Apr 2014

bed and other shower facilities are little bit old and poor.. but it's really cheap and all of the staff is really kind

Very dirty and noisy. Beds are so unconfortable and toilets were not working properly. The boys at the reception are quite rude and not friendly at all. the area is good of you want to party and be close to shops, street food and perfect for meeting other travellers.

We were expecting a lot better for what we paid. It was very dirty and the bathroom was mouldy. It was also extremely noisy right on a busy tourist street. There were no towels, no top sheets and just one small blanket to share between two. Wifi was also unsatisfactory. We could not even use google or search about our holiday plans. If you just want a place to crash after a party, go for it, but if you actually want to sleep or take a shower, better find something else.

• 27th Mar 2014

Nice place, great location right at the top of Khao San Rd. Great Indian food too. Would recommend.

• 19th Mar 2014

A little dirty and loud but pretty good for the price

worse place I stayed in during my 4 weeks in Thailand. Dirty, hard matraces, hot (air co in rooms is present but not working - just a fan that mixed hot air - it is a relieve when you leave the room, even to go to the full sun of hot Bangkok). No common area so your room is only place to meet people. If not great people I met there! I would hate this place.

Not all the lockers work. Location is perfect right by Khaosan road. Staff is nice but won't go out of their way to help you. The food downstairs is very good though, I recommend eating there at least once. A good option for those on a budget, but if you can afford to spend more I'd go somewhere else.

Good place to stay if you're looking to be near the action, great value as well. Dorms definitely aren't anything special but they get the job done.

We know we couldnt expect much for this price but not this. We had a 'deluxe' twinbed room but the sheets had stains on them, the floor was dirty, the bathroomdoor was not closing properly, there was fungus on the walls, there was a sewer smell everywhere, the shower was leaking constantly and very noisy. The location was good, only a 2 min walk from khao san road. The staff was ok. The smell however in this room was so bad. We were glad to leave after 1 night. Better go to Born free hostel!

Relativly clean, but hard beds and no windows in case of fire.

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Norway

This place was awesome! We stayed here almost for a week. Met Finish and French Canadian travelers who stayed in our dorm as well. Turned out to be our best mates that we ever met! A great location, just 2 minutes walk to Khao San Road. And the Indian food downstairs is magnificent. xx

the best place to stay considering location, staff and the possibilities to meet amazing people!

The rooms are very basic, rundown and look gross. There is MUCH better for the same price in Bangkok and still well located.

cheap, close to the action, dirty (but its a backpackers in thailand so its normal enough, nothing disgusting), only major issue is the beds are like wooden benches. I'm talking you may as well sleep on the floor they are that hard.

In a nice location, though a bit busy for my liking. Definitely for the social backpackers who are looking to party and meet people. We only stayed one night but had comfortable rooms for a good price. There is an Indian restaurant downstairs that we really liked, so that's a plus. It can get loud at night but it wasn't unbearable.

The hostel is conveniently located near Khaosan Road, so it' only about 1km from the Royal Palace and other tourist attractions. Pros: Location, friendly staff, food (didn't try but it looked yummy and people seemed to love it!) Cons: Very noisy at night (till 3am), worst bed ever slept on in my life (I think they have inserted foam into an old mattress, making its surface uneven, e.g. soft and stone-hard in some places), dusty room. Boiling hot room!!

Rooms were really hot (hotter then outside) the beds were uncomfortable and it was loud at night. Although you do pay what you get for and the location was really good for sight seeing. Butone of the only hostel that advertised hot showers and aactually provides them!! I don't feel clean unless I use hot water so that was good.

It such a great place tho. Near from khaosan rd, 24 hours we dont hae to worry bout being starvingm lol. Theres a sevel across the street. But unfortunately also a kind of bar? N the music kind of a disturbing, due to the halloween n saturday night maybe? N none cleane our rooms for days. I have never been to a hostel before. So maybe its common, not like a hotel which is everyday get roomservices to keep our rooms clean? But i like the staffs, very kind n helpfull.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Indonesia

They serve the best Indian food in Bangkok! The staff is really helpful. If you don't mind the minimalistic rooms, you'll have a good time.