Khaosan Road Rainbow Hostel Reviews

43 Chakrapong Road, Banglumphu, Bangkok, Thailand

Worst hostel I've ever been. It's dirty, rooms have no windows it's on a noisy road and there is abig karaoke bar opposite to it, that blasts super loud music till very late. Super hot and the air conditioned is not working very well. I managed to sleep 2 hours per night and I hated it. I've to say that they cook good food and they are friendly to be fair.

Super atmosphere and very nice people. I will come back next time.

Okay place to stay near khao San road. WiFi and aircon worked fine

the staff in this hostel is very nice and help us. The room is not nice. Poor and small. Lo mejor de este hostel es el personal, la habitación en cambio es un poco tosca y pequeña.

Dirty place.!! Old beds and bedbugs

A little bit dirty and noisy place.

The staff was extremely polite and helpful , but on the other hand the room I was staying in had no windows and was a bit smelly / mouldy due to the old aircondition unit , I could only last a day in it . I'm sure they had better rooms , but they were not available at the time . The next day I found much better room for half the price . regards

Decent place, friendly staff, good Indian food and a great location

Beds are really hard, fans are pointless as room is always so hot! I was sweating! No towels, soap or was stuff supplied unless you pay extra money..! Also no windows in the rooms. Food was good in the restaurant and staff seem nice.. But I probably wouldn't stay again..

• 9th Apr 2014

bed and other shower facilities are little bit old and poor.. but it's really cheap and all of the staff is really kind

Very dirty and noisy. Beds are so unconfortable and toilets were not working properly. The boys at the reception are quite rude and not friendly at all. the area is good of you want to party and be close to shops, street food and perfect for meeting other travellers.

We were expecting a lot better for what we paid. It was very dirty and the bathroom was mouldy. It was also extremely noisy right on a busy tourist street. There were no towels, no top sheets and just one small blanket to share between two. Wifi was also unsatisfactory. We could not even use google or search about our holiday plans. If you just want a place to crash after a party, go for it, but if you actually want to sleep or take a shower, better find something else.

• 27th Mar 2014

Nice place, great location right at the top of Khao San Rd. Great Indian food too. Would recommend.

• 19th Mar 2014

A little dirty and loud but pretty good for the price

worse place I stayed in during my 4 weeks in Thailand. Dirty, hard matraces, hot (air co in rooms is present but not working - just a fan that mixed hot air - it is a relieve when you leave the room, even to go to the full sun of hot Bangkok). No common area so your room is only place to meet people. If not great people I met there! I would hate this place.

Not all the lockers work. Location is perfect right by Khaosan road. Staff is nice but won't go out of their way to help you. The food downstairs is very good though, I recommend eating there at least once. A good option for those on a budget, but if you can afford to spend more I'd go somewhere else.

Good place to stay if you're looking to be near the action, great value as well. Dorms definitely aren't anything special but they get the job done.

← Back to search results