Khaosan Road Rainbow Hostel Reviews

43 Chakrapong Road, Banglumphu, Bangkok, Thailand

This is the worst hostel I've stayed in so far. Although I've been traveling the world since 5 years. I stayed in a room without air con. I had one fan for 6 people which is not okay. I did not sleep for a whole night because of the heat. Since there's no window in the room and no chance to let in some fresh air it absolutely smells out there. Make sure you have at least 3 fans for each room without air con. It's unbareable. Also, 4th floor? With heavy packpacks? Write it in the details on web.

Hostel has a great location and value for money. More effort could be put into giving the rooms any warmth ie: repairing holes in the wall, a mirror above a sink, a bathroom door knob that is not falling off. A nicety would be a power point beside the bed. Not deal breakers but items that would be appreciated. The AC was amazing. Kudos. All in all, a recommended hostel, a little extra touch ups and the value would be even greater.

Very bad. Everything was so dirty . The worst hostel at our trip so we decided to not sleep there.

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

This place is a dump. We paid 500 baht for a double bed private room. I've paid considerably less than that for a place that is way nicer. didn't shower because I felt so grossed out, the bed was hard and made of plastic, walls were filthy, smelled like cigarettes. Places get away with being so gross and expensive if they're close to Khao San road. Nice to crash though

Room was clean but looked worn down. Paint peeling from the walls etc

• 7th Jan 2016

Friendly stuff and delicious Indian food! The bathroom and our room were dirty and small but OK for the cheap price. Next to Khaosanroad! Would come back.

• 30th Dec 2015

very dirty, not a nice place at all

• 28th Dec 2015

What a bad room, smelled like a river of sewage was running just beside our room. All the walls and ceilings were blackened by mold. Would it be so hard to spend an extra hour to wash the walls once a year? And to top it off, you get an extra large towel as a blanket!

We stayed in a room without a Window it was so smelly that we couldn't sleep cause of the smell. The room was full of mildew.

• 8th Dec 2015

Great location just 20 meters from khaosan Road. The hostel is located on top of an indian restaurant so there is no common area. The beds were quite hard. But over all good and you get what you pay for.

This place was SO HOT. They had AC in every room but no one could turn it on. (I assume to save money). There was Wifi on every floor but no one could use it (I assume again it was shut off or something) The toilets were SO SO gross... and no toilet paper unless you walk to the front desk and hassle them for it. The shower was literally over top of the toilet in a small closet type of stench box without a fan. It was literally so gross we paid for our 2 nights and left immediately.

• 8th Nov 2015

Close to train station

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Turkey

The staff are helpful and honest, two things that hard to come by on Khao San Road. I keep coming back here because I know I can trust the staff, the location is great and the Indian food downstairs is wonderful. The beds are a bit hard and there is some mould, but it's a good value for what you're paying.

Okay, get what you pay for, fan in room never worked, was dreading going back to the hostel every night cause the room was like a sauna.

The hostel is right by Koh San road so great to get buses etc and enjoy the nightlife on Koh San road. But the actual rooms and bathrooms etc are pretty horrible. I'd been travelling for a day and badly needed a shower but was nearly afraid to use them here. They were disgusting. The wifi was also really poor. The staff however were pretty helpful and sorted our shuttle to the airport for the next morning. I'm just lucky I was there for a few hours to sleep before my flight. Won't be returning.

Really dirty, windowless smelly room covered in mould. Apart from that its a perfect location and the staff are really helpful. If you're just in Bangkok to hit up Khao San Road then it does the job, particularly as its so cheap.

staff was the nicest people ever. my room was VERY MOLDY and i had trouble breathing. food was good!

Horrible place!!! Dirtyyy!!! Disgusting!!!

not a nice experience!! staff rude and hostel feels very dirty.

You get what you pay for!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7