6.3
Good 646 Total Reviews
6.3
Good 646 Total Reviews
Khaosan Road Rainbow Hostel Located at 43 Chakrapong Road, Banglumphu, Bangkok.
Thailand
Bangkok Bangkok 10200 43 Chakrapong Road, Banglumphu
63% 646
13.7596130 100.4953336
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 25-30
7th Jan 2017
2.6

First thing I saw was a rat run across the restaurant floor. No wifi in the rooms, they know this but are reluctant to admit it saying there must be a problem but 'always good wifi in the restaurant'. I was scheduled to stay 3 night and checked straight out and they refused to refund me the first night. I found an excellent hostel just down the road offering so much more for less. Do not stay here.

6th Jan 2017
4.9

Don't do it unless you must. If location, right across the street from the madness, and price are all that matter to you, fine. Otherwise, steer clear Seriously, CLEAN THE PLACE.

• England, Female, 18-24
20th Dec 2016
8.0

Only stayed for one night but was really good value and exactly what we needed!

• England, Male, 18-24
19th Dec 2016

Perfectly located about 20 metres from Khaosan Road so you don't get kept up from the music (if you go to sleep before it finishes) the staff are brilliant and so friendly. On the day I checked out I was very ill and they let me use a spare room until I got picked up by my transfer to sleep. They didn't need to do this or help out but they seemed genuinely concerned about me. Would definitely recommend.

17th Dec 2016
6.0

This is where you would be a hooker to murder. But it's cheap

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
15th Dec 2016
6.6

Cheap hostel in a great location. Don't expect too much from the rooms, but it's a place to sleep after you're done partying on Khao San Road ;)

• England, All Male Group, 25-30
14th Dec 2016
4.0

The bed is so hard there's basically no mattes at all. Anyone with a sensitive back do not stay here. It was like sleeping on a wooden floor. The rooms are tin and the bathroom is disgusting. No lid to the toilet. There's also a rank sewage smell throughout the whole building. No communal area it was nothing I expected from a hostel. Very hard to meet people. Only stay here as a last resort or you're on a tight budget and can't afford much else.

10th Dec 2016

I stayed here only one night (I don't like cities, so I got out of Bangkok fast), but it was exactly what I needed it to be: cheap and convenient. It's near a bunch of good street food, ATMs abound, and their food (Indian) is fantastic. Don't expect much in terms of facilities - it's very basic. But I was not bothered by its simplicity or ricketiness. I found the staff helpful (they booked a bus to Chiang Mai for me, several days in advance, which is not common). It was great!

• France, Female, 25-30
30th Nov 2016
4.3

The whole building is stinking, the room is very dirty, We could hear the night club opposite the room All night long

• England, Male, 18-24
18th Nov 2016
6.0

A good location, cheap room. That's all it will ever be...