Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki Reviews

1-17-2 Asakusa Taitou-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Only stayed here for one night but we had an excellent stay. The staff were unbelievably friendly and helpful. Clean and friendly vibe with plenty of information available on Tokyo and its surrounds.

The location of the hostel was superb. Staffs were helpful. Kitchen were with all cooking amenities. I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend to friends. If I happen to go again to Tokyo, I shall stay here again.

It's very hard to fault this hostel...love it a lot! Location, staff, all the way to the tiny details in the pamphlet given upon check in, as to where to eat and what's around the area...it's brilliant. Will definitely stay here again the next time and try their other branches as well!

Highly highly recommend this hostel. It's a small hostel which makes it easy to meet people with a decent sized common room and well equipped kitchen. Staff are truly incredible and very helpful. Good location, but not on JR line. Rooms are clean, beds are super comfortable. The only downsides are things that seem to be universal to many Japanese hostels: you rely on your roommates to lock the door (no automatic lock) and there are many more old people around (seems to be no age limit).

The staffs make this place rock! They are by far the kindest and most welcoming staff I ve ever seen. My snacks left in the room were somehow missing and I thought maybe the cleaner had taken it to the front desk. So I asked if they had received anything. They didn't but the next day to my great surprise, the manager left some snacks in my bed for me. They apologized again and again! That was way beyond my expetactation. I can really tell that the people there really try to make a difference

Good hostel, extremely close to Senso-ji and Asakusa stations. Very helpful staff and lots of local activities organised by the hostel, as well as movie nights, etc. Good sized rooms, with en suite bathrooms, which makes quite a nice change. I have generally preferred dorm rooms with curtains round the beds, for privacy and so lights going on and off isn't such a big deal. This doesn't seem to be common in Tokyo though, and this hostel seemed better than others for considerate room mates!

Staff was friendly, happy to help, and stay was great! Definitely will recommend to friends.

• 10th Apr 2015

A great location and easy to find. The staff were always extremely helpful and fun. Nice living room and hang out area. However, the atmosphere when I went was extremely quiet and people kept to themselves most of the time. But the rooms and facilities are good.

Extremely friendly and cheerful staff who made my stay an amazing one! Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay in Tokyo. Beds were also clean, warm and comfortable. Short walk from Asakusa station.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

This hostel is amazing! Very well located (less than 5 min walking to the metro station, lots of restaurants and convenience shops around, the temple, Don Quijote, etc... there's always something going on in Asakusa), quiet and super clean. Their staff is the best, they're all very friendly and will always go out of their way to give you directions and suggestions depending on what you want to do/see, I can't praise them enough, my time in Tokyo was happier thanks to them!!! :)

Excellent venue. Great location, and the staff are the loveliest people. A wealth of knowledge, and always going above and beyond to help out. Am definitely going to return here

• 7th Apr 2015

Only one word to describe, PERFECT! staff are so nice and helpful. Location is unbeatable if you wanna experience hostel I recommend khaosan brand. If i come back to Japan I'll stay with them for sure.

Very good position with excellent service and nice staff. The hostel is well equipped and easily make you feel like home. Definitely will come again.

my first 100%, this hostel meets 100% needs of the backpacker. Pleasure to stay!

Located at historic Asakusa, one has an easy access to Sensoji temple and Nakamise-dori, perfect for souvenir shopping. Ueno is a 30-minute walk (or a very short train ride) away, an excellent spot for strolling around Ueno Park and shopping at Ameyayokocho. The staff are accommodating and reply an energetic "okaeri!" every time you say "tadaima!" making you feel like an actual Japanese as you get home. :)

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Philippines

I had a great time staying at this hostel. The staff, Eri and Naoto were really friendly and gave me recommendation on sakura seeing spots. The room was clean and with shower and toilet in every room. It's nice because you don't have to share it with lots of people, less waiting time. The location is very close to sensoji and subway station, quite practical to go to lots of places around tokyo. Overall it was a nice experience.

Some of the best staff i've met, they are very nice and helpful. The Place was clean and the space enough, unfortunately (as usual in hostels) some other guests were not respectful or well-mannered (like the pair of chinese dudes we shared room with). Hostel is near important Subway stations and Place is accessible. I had the feeling that sometimes warm water was not available at the shower, I think it's a little detail with the faucet. Wifi was down sometimes too.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Mexico

As usual, Khaosan offers clean and simple facilities, but this time way bigger than the Original or Annex where I've been before. Enough place to move around without bumping into anyone, an elevator!, reasonably comfortable bed (for Japan), I can't think of anything more to ask for.

definitely one of the best hostels i've stayed in. staff's very helpful and went out of their way to help travelers asking tons of questions! :)

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Philippines

It was a really Nice hostel. The People who worked there were so sweet and helpful. So clean. Very Close to Subway station and many Nice restaurants and shops in the area. Could have been a little bit cheaper, but not really expensive.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7