Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki Reviews

1-17-2 Asakusa Taitou-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The BEST hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff are super friendly and helpful and the place is just awesome! For sure, i will come back and stay in Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki!

Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Incredibly friendly and welcoming staff, great common area for meeting people and making friends, free wifi, good location. Definitely the kind of hostel for a lone traveller. Like all good hostels, this place hires volunteers to run the place in exchange for free accommodation, so there are always plenty of staff around to hang out with.

This is probably the best hostel i've stayed in the last months! Staff is really friendly!

I had a great time at this hostel! The staff were really lovely :) My dorm-room felt very secure with a lock on the door and lockers available. I stayed in a mixed-4 bed dorm and we had a bathroom and shower attached which was great.

This was the KINDEST hostel that I have ever stayed in! The staff was incredibly knowledgable and so nice! They answered any question I had from vegetarian friendly restaurants, subway questions, and finding an adapter for my cell phone charger. When it was raining so hard and I walked in dripping, the staff welcomed me with a towel to dry off and a hot cup of tea. The directions to the hostel location are SO easy to follow (and I have nooo~ sense of direction), and the location is the best!

• 8th Sep 2014

Had a GREAT stay! Perfect location by Asakusa, nice, friendly staff, and they gave us great maps and suggestions. So much fun! I'd highly recommend this hostel, and would stay there again if I end up in Tokyo!

• 7th Sep 2014

I had an excellent stay at Tokyo Khousan Kabuki. The location was lively, but not too busy or noisy. The staff was very friendly and provided good advice on how to experience Japan authentically. The facilities were clean, and I love the ensuite restroom in each room. Highly recommend staying here!

• 6th Sep 2014

Very easygoing and helpful staff. Would say there again if in Tokyo!

• 5th Sep 2014

This hostel is perfect. The staff are suoer friendly and welcoming, the atmosphere is great; not too quiet, not too crazy. The rooms are lovely and clean and the beds are really comfortable!

very nice staff, clean facilities, met some really cool people. the location is soo close to the sensoji temple and sky tree. I liked this area.

• 3rd Sep 2014

This hostel exceeded my expectations, it was great value for money and, for me, was better than staying in a hotel. The rooms were spacious, perfect for sharing and the common area was comfortable and full of appliances to use. The best bit about the hostel was the excellent staff who were so kind and helpful and always willing to help with any questions we had about touring Tokyo.

• 3rd Sep 2014

This hostel has a great communal environment for meeting people, staff are always at hand and in the communal area for any questions or a chat. Lovely place, super close to train stations and sites. I'd happily stay here again!

• 3rd Sep 2014

Great staff and atmosphere - very comfortable :)

• 3rd Sep 2014

I only stayed at Khaosan Kabuki for one night. Staff was incredibly helpful, kind, and speak good English. Rooms were clean with an ensuite bathroom. Common room is open 24 hours with a TV, kitchen, and computers with Internet. Walk to Ginza metro (to Shibuya) is only 5 minutes away. Train to/from Haneda and Narita is less than 10 minutes walking. As a solo female traveler, security/safety are important, and I felt safe here.Overall, for the price, this is a great hostel.

Great And very freindly stuff. The location is just perfect (few metres from asakusa temple)

Had a great time here! I was in Tokyo a few days on my own and I easily found some like minded travelers looking to hangout n explore the city. I haven't done the hosteling thing much but I was really happy the setting made it so easy to meet up with other travelers and meet some new friends. Location is a bit far after 12am due to train shutdown but comparable lodging in central Tokyo would have been way more expensive. Besides trains restart at 5am n what's the rush. : )

• 31st Aug 2014

Awesome staff - friendly and very helpful!

• 30th Aug 2014

Great Experience in the right location.

These guys are the best, that's why I am coming back. Helpful and friendly. Thank you so much

It was a very nice place to stay. After China, everything felt secure and clean. Also better than Sakura where I stayed later on. Compared to other hostels in Japan, quite little space certainly due to the real estate prices in Tokyo. But perfect for a good sleep all the more as airconditioning was working perfectly.