Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki Reviews

1-17-2 Asakusa Taitou-ku, Tokyo, Japan

1977 Total Reviews

Probably the friendliest, most genuinely caring and helpful staff I've ever experienced. I was given many maps in varying detail on Tokyo, Akihabara and other areas I wanted to visit. Staff know the area extremely well and were highlighting transportation routes on maps for me. The rooms are very clean and all have private showers and bathrooms which is fantastic. Staff took the effort to know me personally and post-visit were still inquiring about my experiences in Japan. Brilliant atmosphere!

This is the 2nd time (or 4th if you count multiple stays during the same trip ;p) I'm staying at Kabuki and I'm already trying to book a stay for my next trip. This should say enough! This is my favorite hostel, in my favorite part of Tokyo. Everything is stellar from Accessibility to Zen atmosphere ;p Can't recommend this place enough. Be sure to book on time!

It was my fist visit to Japan and my first night of my holiday. The staff helped me to feel relaxed and comfortable - no question a problem. They were also appreciative, paitent and encouraging when i tried to speak my limited Japanese.

• 28th Jul 2015

Excellent hostel. Located in a fantastic area which the staff are more than happy to tell you about.

• 26th Jul 2015

Without a doubt the best hostel I stayed at throughout my entire time in Japan. The staff are super friendly and helpful, and as soon as you walk in the door they'll make you feel like family. This place was great to meet new people, since it's fairly small and you often see the same people during your stay. The rooms are nice and clean, and the common room is great with free tea/coffee and a Super Nintendo. I'll definitely be staying here next time I'm in Tokyo!

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Wales

Thank you for all the helpful advice from the staff. The staff showed us the best place for the Saminda river fireworks festival and really grateful for the service. Met lots of really cool people at the hostel and made Tokyo that much better. Thank you!

So good!!! The staff are the greatest ever, so helpful and just a little bit crazy.....

• 23rd Jul 2015

Awesome hostel. Pretty well located.

The best hostel, great atmosphere, amazing staff. Overall I had a great stay. I would recommend it to anyone!

• 22nd Jul 2015

The staffs are great. Theya are so careful to tourists and considerate enough to give much information you need.

Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Went out of their way to create conversation and give directions/advice on any questions that we had. Could not have asked for a better experience.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great place: close to the asakusa subway, the senso-ji shrine. It has everything you would need: great staff, laundry, small kitchen, computers, books and guides,... I defintely recommend this hostel and will be back :)

Great hostel, friendly staff, great atmosphere.

• 18th Jul 2015

I stayed at Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki with two friends and we were all blown away by this hostel. It is truly the hostel stayers dream. The staff were very friendly (one in particular was awesome) the location was better than I could have imagined, and it was very clean and cozy. It was quiet, and had an interesting common room that I was unfortunately too busy to use. The one caveat is that we stayed in a private room, and not the dorm rooms.I will definitely recommend and return to this hostel!

• 18th Jul 2015

Very great location close to lots of restaurants and attractions in Asakusa. Staff was very friendly and helpful on where to go in the area

• 17th Jul 2015

Lovely hostel. Good atmosphere smd social side so great for solo travellers and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly! Highly recommended.

Fantastic staff and facilities, stayed in the tatami rooms and they had a nice homely feel. Only critisim is the communal area lacked natural light which made it feel a little gloomy when it was raining. The reception staff were so helpful, they had information on everything and often helped is out. Asakusa is quite far from things like Shibuya or shinjuku but the metro is really close and there are lots of isakaya and a jazz bar in asakusa!

Amazing hostel. The staff is nice and they always try to help you. Also, there's almost always people down in the living room that you can chat or maybe go for a game of Street Fighter 2 with.

Super, super nice staff! They really helped us out by giving good recommendations!

Very friendly staff and great for the price offered. It was perfectly located next to asaka which made going to the stations very convenient.

• 12th Jul 2015