Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki Reviews

1-17-2 Asakusa Taitou-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Very friendly staff with helpful advice, comfortable rooms, clean, cheap, short walk to Asakusa subway station. Highly Recommended.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Staff were really lovely and showed us around. Upgraded us to a private room as there was one available even though paid for a shared dorm

Very nice place, I was in a few hostels around Tokyo and Osaka, and this was my best experience. Everything was clean, with no bad smells and a heater that worked well. Only 4 people to a room made it more comfortable, and having a shower for the room was great. The free tea/coffee was nice too. The location was surprisingly good for me. Asakusa is a very interesting place, and the sky tree is not too far away. I plan to return here next time i visit Tokyo.

• 29th Dec 2014

Great location. The staff helps you with everything good advice. Very nice kitchen and common areas. All clear.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

Thanks so much for all the tips and making everything easy. I'll be back.

Incredible nice staff, good location, great common area to meet other travellers, great dorms.

Great hostel!

We had a great staying there, the location is great, Asakusa is a living place, full of great things to see (and eat ^^), very near to the metro station. The hostel is very easy to find (thanks to the help of the staff). The staff is very kind, friendly and helpful, they gave us a map with great restaurants, they informed you well about difference events… We love our room, the atmosphere feels very japanese, you have to take off your shoes, we even learn some words,… feels like home.

• 26th Dec 2014

Very cozy place and with a really nice staff. You can relax and get a free coffee or tea in the livingroom, where they have good information about the city, a TV, a foodtable and its just a very nice atmosphere over all. The staff is really nice and the rooms aswell. First time we got our own shower, in the room, with just 4 ppl!

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at in over a dozen different countries! The staff is extremely helpful, the location is perfect and its spotless clean! They have free WiFi, and more importantly free Coffee ;) I would definitely stay here again!

A nice hostel and great location! Better than all the other hostels in the Asakusa area. Hostel staff seemed a little awkward, but in a nice way. It did get cold in my room and the heater just didn't seem to be working as well as it should have been. But, I would definitely stay again for the super convenient location.

I stayed at three different hostels during the course of my stay in Tokyo, and I found Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki to be my favorite. I cannot rate the staff highly enough, everyone was genuinely friendly and welcoming. No issues nor complaints of any kind.

• 23rd Dec 2014

perfect location, staff is super nice, clean like in every places in Japan!

• 21st Dec 2014

Hostel located in a great area! You have temples, the sky tree and the subway at hand! Besides, you have a common area in which you can watch TV, cook, have your meals and read the different books and leaflets about Japan. On the other hand, the Japanese staff is super friendly and they are willing to help you out whenever you need to. The only thing I didn't really like was that my room on the 3 floor was kind of confined and on top of that the bathroom and shower were inside.

The staff are really helpful. Locationwise it could be better, but in Tokyo there are plenty of subway and train lines, so everything is well connected. I'd definately recommend this guest house. It is safe, clean and it has good facilities.

It was nice that a Takoyaki party was held when I was there! (with beer for everyone!) The staff were very friendly and approachable, always eager to help. The common room was well furnished and very comfortable. The toilet facilities in the room were excellent and the beds comfortable. Will definitely recommend this place to others.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Great friendly English speaking staff, great atmosphere to meet people in the common room, steps away from asakusa station and senso-ji with many local familiar and ethnic food options. Would stay again!

• 14th Dec 2014

The staff was friendly, fun and always took the time to answer any questions. They would look up information and then write it in Japanese so that others could help you along the way. The location is perfect. It is in an interesting historic area with very easy access for Haneda and Narita airports. After 6 wks in SE Asia as an older solo female traveler, Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki was a warm welcoming haven. Many thanks to both the staff and other travelers who made this a wonderful experience.

Nice to live there :)

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Amazing staff and atmosphere. Great hostel, will definitely stay there again.

• 10th Dec 2014