Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki Reviews

1-17-2 Asakusa Taitou-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Excellent, clean hostel. Location is a little far from the buzzing areas of Tokyo (Shibuya, Shinjuku, etc.) but there is easy access via the metro. Staff were great, rooms were great and the common room is ideal for solo travellers.

Lovely friendly staff and decent sized clean room in convenient location

• 6th Jan 2016

Really helpful staff. Very comfortable and clean. Absolutely excellent

• 5th Jan 2016

Hostel is in excellent location and has a nice social lounge on ground floor. Staff are happy to answer any questions. Room and toilet is very clean. Unfortunately, the mattress I slept on was sinking in the middle, most likely due to old age. This made it a bit difficult to fall asleep at night - though I was only there for one night. The washing function of the toilet also wasn't working properly (Room 2D).

This hostel is simply AMAZING! From the moment you arrive the super friendly staff can not do enough to help you! From making you feel right at home to being a valued customer and giving advice and recommendations for your stay in Tokyo. Beds were really comfy compared to other hostels in Japan and the common area has a cosy atmosphere which makes it easy to socialise with other travellers. I cannot fault this hostel one bit! It is outstanding! Thank you so much for a great stay!

Enjoyed 4 nights here and was very impressed by the location, atmosphere and the staff going above and beyond. I would recommend this hostel to anybody.

An excellent hostel. Well positioned to get around Tokyo and to Narita airport. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Clean with excellent facilities. Would recommend to anyone staying in Tokyo.

• 1st Jan 2016

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay at this Hostel. The facilities were very nice but what really made the trip was the helpfullness and friendliness of the staff. Only complaint, if at all, was that there were several flies in our room. Not really a problem but just figured I would mention it.

• 30th Dec 2015

The hostel is a 5 minute walk to the Ginza and Asakusa train lines, which made trips to Shibuya easy and getting in from Narita airport. The place is very very very clean and the staff was wonderful and nice. I asked Ami, who is wonderful : D about live house venues and she was kind enough to email me a few places. : ) Bring earplugs if you are sensitive to noise as it tends to echo, but this is fairly common in hostels / places in Japan and not unique to this hostel.

No complaints at all! Loved everything!!! I always felt safe and welcome.

LOVED this place! Awesome staff and facilities!

Came into Tokyo around 10:30 PM and didn't make it to the hostel until past 1:00 AM. The staff had told us to e-mail for any arrangements passed 1:00 AM, but my reading comprehension had failed me and I missed the part where they mentioned to e-mail them if I thought I was going to arrive later. After finally arriving at 1:30 AM, I powered on my pocket WiFi and found they had e-mailed me a passcode. Saved! Got my keys and a free upgrade (how nice!!).

Wonderful hostel and staff. Easy to meet people. Good atmosphere. Convenient location.

Thanks for making me feel genuinely welcome in Japan.It has to be one of the best guesthouses I have been to in Asia!! Many Thanks

Loved this hostel! Hayato & Ami are great people and very helpful :) Everyone is very welcoming and I made many new friends (travelling solo). The rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms are always shiny clean. There is strong wifi, a kitchen and an area to socialise and meet other travellers. They arrange meetups with the other Tokyo hostels and there were awesome parties, free sake and food. If you stay here you will leave with a smile! :) Arigato!

I loved staying at Kabuki! The staff were all so lovely, the rooms were cosy and comfortable and the location and atmosphere are great. I will absolutely stay there again!!!!

Your staff are brilliant - I felt better looked after here than at most hotels I have ever stayed at

Best hostel in Japan! Ultra friendly staff and a perfect common room! Will definitely stay here next time in in Tokyo!

Super hostel. The girls in the reception is super friendly and always happy. Great location. Rooms are Nice and tidy. No squeaky beds! Will stay there again next time i am in Tokyo, no doubt.

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Norway

One of the best hostels I`ve been to. The staff I met were so friendly and helpful. 5*

• 5th Dec 2015