Khaosan Tokyo Laboratory Reviews

2-1-4 Nishi-Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

It was a very nice hostel with a great staff but the WiFi in our rooms was bad and kept disconnecting because there wasn't WiFi on every floor which was a bit annoying.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Very clean, friendly staff that speaks good english, very well decorated... My favorite stay in Tokyo. There was a bathroom with the dorm, which is always nice. The common areas are a great place to meet people and chill. I would recommend it.

staff is very kind and facilities also good and clean !

• 30th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Lovely staff, really nice rooms, and nice area! I will definitely come back to Khaosan :)

Cool staff. A really good option to have fun in Tokyo!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Very nice place, really enjoy using the kitchen. Let me feel like stay at home . Thanks so much ~ !

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Just wondering how come foursome room is smaller than threesome...doh.except this all is awaesome:)

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

When staying at Khaosan Tokyo Laboratory, we were relaxed and felt free because of the friendly staff as well as other guests. I especially enjoyed the kitchen time, breakfast and snacks. We had the family trip in Tokyo for 9 days.Itis a pity that we couldn't stay there for all the 8 nights. Next time, we are sure to stay at Khaosan.

• 2nd Jul 2014

I love JP , love Khaosan hostel

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

This Khaosan is more a place for small groups travelling to Tokyo e.g. families that benefit from the low prices for a 4 bunk bed room. Indeed it has good facilities, the location is PERFECT and everything is clean and modern. BUT: don't expect any traveller and backpacker atmosphere. It's more like one of those big hostels you probably know from European capitals like wombats just a bit smaller. If you're looking for a comfy place to sleep in a touristic area, then you'll enjoy the Laboratory!

A great location, one of the better hostels for access to the subway. Facilities are nice, if a little bit random (costumes in the lobby were funny). Was fairly quiet when I stayed there so there wasn't much of an atmosphere, but that may have been just because there was not many people around. Khaosan World Asakusa is a better option as a hostel to meet people, but Laboratory is still very nice.

Good hostel. Pretty quiet and not very sociable. Overall average experience. Nothing spectacular, but nothing bad. Just kinda bland.

I stayed in the private room. The room was apparently an ex love hotel room. The bathroom was rather not well maintained and it was leaky. On the other hand the shared bathroom was clean and nice to use. The staff were friendly and helpful. Location wise, I would give it 6/10. There are few shops around, but not that much. Yet it is quite centrally located in Tokyo which is a good thing.

The place is very clean. The bathroom, although small, actually has a separate bathtub and shower which is nice. The bunkbeds were big, and some had curtains which was nice. But not all did. Unfortunately the lockers are in the lobby. So if you want to get one you have to leave your stuff downstairs.

Small friendly hostel in good location. Walking distance to the temple. Staff provide maps and excellent recommendations of local sights and places to get food. Starbucks and 24 hour supermarket nearby.

I could stay so comfortable and especially staff are very kind!

Staff was very pleasant and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

Booked this place last minute and I'm glad I did! The staff was very helpful, and the place is well located. Rooms could be a bit nicer, but it was definitely good enough!

• 4th Jun 2014
  • India

There were many restaurants and shops close by and a huge famous temple to go and see. We could see the Tokyo Sky tree across the river at night when we walked a long the main road. The hostel was a little outside the city which we preferred with good WiFi and clean rooms. The room was big enough for the three of us and we opted to have our own bathroom. Staff were kind and polite and my brother decided to stay there another night alter on his trip.

The best hostel I stayed at. The staff is always nice and ready to help you with anything. The kitchen is a great place to meet people and make friends. The metro station is close so you can easily go to every part of the city. Near the hostel there is a grocery store, post office and cheap restaurants. You can visit some attractions by foot (Ueno Zoo, SkyTree, Asakusa temple). My stay was really pleasant and I left the hostel with great memories and a bunch of new friends. Thanks Khaosan Tokyo!

« first « Prev 1 2 3