Khaosan Tokyo Ninja Reviews

2-5-1 Bakurocho Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan

very friendly and helpful staff

This was my first time staying at a hostel in general, so I was worried before I arrived, especially since I was staying at the mixed dorm (women and men). However, upon arriving, the receptionists were so welcoming, and I felt very safe in the hostel. The location is also SO convenient. It's close to everywhere I wanted to visit. I will definitely come back here in my next trip to Tokyo! Thank you!!

• 2nd Aug 2015

the walls sounded like they were made of paper, I had a single room but I could hear EVERYTHING my neighbors did, every cough and laugh (and they were not being very loud). Only recommend if you are a VERY heavy sleeper.

• 1st Aug 2015

Very good hostel. My favourite was the capsule bed on the 10 bed mix dorms and the kitchen is amazing!

very nice place, comfortable and friendly

• 29th Jul 2015

You know the weird kids from high school, they stay here because they like ninjas! Some people are really loud and kind of weird. They are the most important people in he km because they teach English. I feel sorry for Japan sometimes, they get weird tourists. I think it's because people think it's all anime and electronics, but it's not. That's why it's usually foreigners wearing shirts with nice girls on them. Welcome to Khaosan Tokyo Ninja!

We had a great stay at Khaosan Ninja (minus a few chatty people during quiet hours)- the basement lounge is great, the cabin dorms were kind of like wooden capsules (so that was a unique experience), the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the location was very convenient as there is a subway and JR stop right around the corner.

very helpful and friendly staff

Only stayed one night but it was good value and had a really good atmosphere. Sleeping facilities were basic enough but to be expected for the price. I'd definitely recommend it

The hostel is very good and comfortable. The staff are very friendly too.

Great location within walking distance of Akihabara, if you're into nerdy Otaku stuff (Hi, me). Friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms and facilities.

• 24th Jul 2015

This was a great hostel with friendly and helpful staff. The only downside was walking 5 flights of stairs after climbing Fuji :) But even that was okay because the room had good A/C and friendly people! I would definitely recommend this hostel to other people!

• 22nd Jul 2015

I chose to stay at the Ninja since it was a 2 minute walk to JR line. I stayed in the 20 person, cubicle dorm room. While the Ninja is not the newest or faciest place to stay, I really liked it. The bathrooms and showers were always clean, the dormroom was quiet and clean, and the air-conditioning worked. The hostel front door and doors on each floor were locked each night so you never felt unsafe. Everyone was really friendly and when you were ready for bed, you could close your cubicle door

The staff are supernice and welcoming! They made me feel at home on my first night in Japan :) The location is reasonably good. About 25-30 mins away from the city centre but everything is easily accessible from nearby metro stations. With a JR pass you're perfectly connected to everywhere else.

Really good place and excellent staff (I stayed in four person dormitory)

• 20th Jul 2015

Had a great stay. The staff was super friendly and helpful. They helped carry my massive suitcases up and down the stairs. They also gave maps of the area as well as giving directions to the airport. The hostel is a great location, with direct trains to both Narita and Haneda airport, super convenient not to have to change trains with suitcases. Its also walkable to Akihabara which was great for entertainment. Beds close for privacy and lock for securely leaving luggage in them when you go out.

• 17th Jul 2015

The room we stayed in looked old and unfinished, paint/wall paper was coming of, holes in wall. The hall and room smelled pretty badly because of the air conditioner. The staff helped us very well with finding restaurants.

NICE young people running the hostel ,good facilities and convenient location,thanks for service

While I liked the people and the setting (in the middle of Asakusabashi), I was unprepared for the climb up four steep flights of stairs to get to my room. This wasn't a deal-breaker, but was cumbersome because I would get worn out traveling during they day. Those who stay here are also advised to try the katsu place just across from the train station north of the hostel. Cheap and great food.

• 15th Jul 2015