Khaosan Tokyo Ninja Reviews

2-5-1 Bakurocho Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The wooden capsule bed is nice to sleep, but the annoying sound when moving around on bed may disturb others.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

The bed is so old , lot of dust and not comfortable. The toilet and shower room are little dirty.

Loved the staff, very helpful.

• 16th Mar 2014

Fairly easy to access, close to the city centre (and Akihabara) and easy connection to Narita Airport. The facilities and staff are excellent as well. I stayed in a deluxe cabin bed, which despite technically being a dormitory provided maximum privacy whilst not feeling cramped (though the claustrophobic may prefer a normal dormitory bed). Though I'm not a massive fan of hostels, I would gladly stay at this one again if I were to return to Tokyo - comes highly recommended.

Fantastic place for anyone, honestly. I would have to recommend the Ninja for every type of traveller. I met so many people from many different countries. We all spoke many different languages but were all able to connect! This was the first time I had ever experienced anything like this. I made new friends, and valuable new contacts as well. The reception and cleaning staff were all so kind, young and professional. Easy to converse with in Japanese or English. Best hotel I have ever been to.

• 11th Mar 2014

Amazing hostel. Will stay again!

• 6th Mar 2014

The mattresses are a bit thin but, for what you're paying, this is to be expected. Everything else about this place was great, especially the staff and location.

My main issue with this hostel was the cleanliness. It really wasn't clean enough, and was pretty smelly. When I first arrived and made my bed, my mattress was covered in hairs, used plasters etc... The staff are really friendly and helpful though! I just think that the hostel really needs to improve on keeping clean, as competing places in the area are offering more.

Great location, very friendly staff and relatively cheap. Definitely worth a stay!

• 22nd Feb 2014

Really good hostel to stay in. Really near JR and Metro Stations, so it is very easy to get around. Definetly reccomend for a first time in Tokyo. Staff was also super helpful with everything and really cool as well! The kitchen was also really good. I wish they´d include breakfast though...

Erina is smiley double + champion lovely stole my chest beater. Mina is awesome like fresh coffee beans super time. Hostel is sweetness time awesomeness crack. -Bakka gaijin , canada/lithuania sending pink hearts of love candy time with arrow through head nandayooo

Friendly staff, pretty good location close to the Subway and JR... big city hostel though.. a bit smelly and the bathroom was moldy... but its not a bad choice just could be better...

Excellent staff, very friendly and willing to help in anything always with a smile. Clean rooms and nice atmosphere, definitely a place to consider when traveling to Japan, real close to Bakuro-cho station and easy to find. Highly recommended.

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

This hostel is OK, it wasn't like a bad choice, but the problem is that it is part of "khaosan" hostels, so it is unavoidable to compare if you know the others. So it would be unfair to give a high rating to this one, is not as the same quality, not the same facilities, but not a cheaper price. It must be cheaper than other Khaosan hostels. I hated the no elevator situation and having my bed on 5th floor and my lovker on 4th. For the rest, is ok, but just that, ok.

Facilities are good but unfortunately no lift for a five storey building. Imagine dragging your luggage up five levels.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Singapore

location is very close to JR station. direction given was good, very easy to find this hostel. staff was good but they should learn more from Khaosan Kyoto Theater.

Tokyo Ninja never disappoints. Good atmosphere, fun staff and good lodging. All the best, Pan-chan :D.

This place is the best place to stay in Tokyo. I own an award winning hostel myself so I should know - Everything is clean and tidy and well laid out, safe and so on, but for me the most important aspect is always the staff. In this case I have to say that Mina is very professional and has that magic japanese way about her, and Irena, her smile is the reason the sun rises in the East - no doubt about it! - best regards to all the other staff as well - book here now.

The staff was nice, but the beds were horribly uncomfortable (foam-type "mattress"). My room didn't even get warm on the bottom bunk area. Luckily, I had paid for a private room and could move to the top bunk. The computers are in the reception area, with no privacy. Only a few metro stops away is a sister hostel - Khaosan Kabuki. This one is GREAT! Do yourself a favor and stay at the other one. The ONLY super great thing about this was it was right beside the metro that took me to the airport.

Had an excellent stay here! It's so close to the subway, in a lovely quiet area, with easy access to restaurants and convenience stores. The bunk style where your own little space is lockable felt very safe and secure. This staff are very helpful and friendly. Definitely staying again next time I'm in Tokyo! Thank you very much!