Khaosan Tokyo Ninja Reviews

2-5-1 Bakurocho Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Purely amazing and oh so friendly

• 11th Jul 2015

Great hostel in Asakusa area. We spent just one night (our first time in Japan), but enough to appreciate how good are them.

Room can be rather claustrophobic and not conducive for travellers with huge bags.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Great hostel. The Ninja theme was fun and well done. The staff, top notch. Beer vending machine in the basement was a nice touch and not over priced. I missed my check in by a number of hours, they were nice enough to leave a key out for me. Outstanding.

Such great service and a good experience of Japanese hospitality - the staff are very friendly and generous people!

• 8th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Private rooms are absolutely tiny. The smallest private room I've ever had at any hostel.

The twin room we has was rather small. I couldn't open my suitcase unless put over the bed. The walls are rather thin so I suggest you to bring your earplugs. Other than that, everything was quite okay.

• 5th Jul 2015

Enjoyed my stay there, staff super friendly and love the basement area!

Clean place with very helpful staff at a good location.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Good price for such a great location! However, the baggage storage isn't very secure since all the luggage is just sitting out in the open for anyone to grab.

The Khaosan brand means you're guaranteed to get a decent stay. The common area is fully equipped with plenty of room, a good kitchen and even a huge TV. Staff is also very friendly and the location is pretty close to Asakusa-bashi station (a couple of stops from Asakusa and Akihabara). Has the atmosphere of a European hostel, but here it's clean ;-) Downsides: no storage room (suitcases in common area), loud aircon, not enough bathrooms. Come if Khaosaon World or Space Hostel Tokyo are full.

Perfect clean and compact hostel for very reasonable rate, ideally located for JR pass users, would recommend.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great location if you need to catch an early flight to Narita airport as it's closest station allows for a direct route to Narita airport. The location is great and is closesly situated near two seperate stations for travel. The place was very clean and overall of a freindly athmosphere. The staff was extremely helpful and patient when I needed to print some documents for travel. Would definitly recommend!

The feet-like smell in the common areas was a bit of a downer. Still, cheap and well located. Nice staff.

Really nice hostel, the location is good but if you look for some party you better get another one, the location is outside from the busy area and its dead during the night, considering how the train system works in japan you should avoid this hostel if u are in a party mood. The atmosphere in the hostel is awkard, everybody is just quiet without a reason, its not the hostel fault thou, but its a lil bit hard if u r traveling solo.

It was nice, had friendly staff. Easy access from the airport

Awesome place, well equipped, convenientolocation an price. The staff is friendly and helpful. I have no complains excep maybe for the need to go up 4-5 floors using the stairs after spending a day walking in Tokyo, it can be tiring, but it is definitely an "inconvenient" that does not affect my opinion about the awesomeness of this hostel.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel is funny, staff is just perfect and lovely, we had some problems with our flight company and they tried to help us as better they could. The kitchen and living room are fine too. The only thing I didn't like is the space in the roomroom! Double room was maybe 5sq metres and I had som problems with the luggage, we cannot openopen it, not enough space! Don't go there if you suffer of claustrophobiaclaustrophobia!

My second time staying here. Of all the hostels I´ve stayed in at Tokyo (I think now a total of 7) this is definitely the best one.

นอนสบาย ที่นั่งเล่นด้านล่างสะดวกดีครับ ผมนอน mix dome แต่ก็หลับสบายไม่มีการรบกวนจากเพื่อนร่วมชั้น ห้องน้ำสะอาด staff ก็อธิบายละเอียดดี มีแผนที่คราวๆเวลาเราจะเดินทางจากที่พัก เน็ตก็ใช้ได้แรงดีครับ ผมฝากกระเป๋าไว้แต่เช้ามืดกลับมาเอาตอนหกโมงเย็นก็ไม่มีปัญหา ถือว่าถ้ามาคนเดียวแบบรีบๆที่เหมาะครับ มีโอกาศคงกลับไปพักอีกครับ

• 27th Jun 2015