Khaosan Tokyo Ninja Reviews

2-5-1 Bakurocho Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Nice, tidy hostel in a easily accessible area of Tokyo, not next door to any major traffic hubs, which can be a good and bad thing, can take a while to get out to different areas, but you need to expect this as it is Tokyo, so don't be surprise if a trip takes you 20mins or more.

Very friendly staff. Everyone spoke English very well. The capsules get really warm though, could have used a fan.

Most staffs are really nice. But one staff told me in a mean way, "bike parking not alllowed in front of hostel. Those parking space ARE for staffs!" In addition, perfect downstair kitchen and salon, big and clean. Free drip cafe 24h!

An explanation of my "Poor" rating for the facilities: The beds are bunked, but then closed off with wooden sliding doors, like a capsule hotel. This would not be a problem were it not for the rather cheap construction of the "capsules," which are all made of wood, yet feature power outlets. In the event of a spark or shortage, I have little doubt that it could have started a fire. The bed was plenty comfortable, but the facilities overall felt a little unsafe.

really nice place to stay. staff were very accomodating too.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

the staff were lovely but the location wasnt amazing - also the lobby was kinda dirty and filled with everyones bags. plus, no lift was a hassle

Good location and easy to find. Quiet area at night. You can go to Haneda domestic connection airport and Narita international airport from the nearest subway station! Cost-performance is incredibly unbelievable, spending a night at Tokyo less than 30 dollars is almost a bargain price!

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Japan

It is quite small room, cause it is in tokyo!!

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Very nice hostel, friendly staff, room was a bit stuffy but mostly because of the rainy June weather making everything humid. Very nice facilities for the price, would certainly consider staying here again. Great location for us as well, since it's only 10-15 minutes away from Akihabara, which was a big plus for us.

• 11th Jun 2014

Only one disadvantage: a horribel smell downstairs at the reception because of al the shoes that had be taken off

Great location, great staff, pretty quiet in the big rooms!

Ninja is awesome, we stayed for a week and were sad to leave. The staff is nice and the deluxe beds were great, I didn't even bother to use my locker since I just left my stuff in the bed which had a door you could lock. The living room/lounge area is a wonderful place to meet people, we had many late night conversations with others there, it was awesome! Also, Akihabara is about 10-15min walk away from Ninja and as someone who likes that part of the city I found the location really good.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Only stayed one night but they let us check in pretty late and there's a large kitchen/hang out area. Overall, nice place and easy to find from the train station. A fairly quiet hostel

Location was good for us, it was easy to get from airport and it was easy to get everywhere from there. At night time it was bit loud and we could hear everything too clearly to our room. It was bit confusing what was the time for silence, as it was different in every note around the hostel. Staff was nice and helpful and spoke good English!

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Location is close to everything. Bathrooms are quite clean. The common room in the basement is spacious and attached to a big kitchen which is great for people wanting to meet others. Only issue is the bunks on the first floor are small and people have to be extra cautious not to wake others due to this. Wifi sometimes does not work as well. Although, would stay again in future.

Average good !

I had a wonderful stay, with friendly back packers and staff. The staff lets you know that they are there to help with anything you need.

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja is a good place to stay, especially if you're coming in from Narita. It's very conveniently located near the station and is a short train ride to Tokyo Station. It's also a good walking distance from Akihabara. It offers enough privacy, along with okay sized lockers for security. The lounge area in the basement is pretty neat, as well. The There is only one shower, that I know of, and two bathrooms. I didn't have any problems with it, while I was there.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff and cool ninja themed atmosphere. Enjoyed my experience staying in a 10 people dorm. It is located near many convenience stores but we had a hard time dragging our luggages up and down the stairs coming from the subway station to arrive at the hostel.

My stay at the khaosan tokyo ninja was really nice! The staff is friendly and very helpful! The sleeping rooms are clean and the bathrooms also! :-)