Khaosan Tokyo Original

Fabulous 2326 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2326 Total Reviews

• Thailand, Male, 31-40
16th May 2017

My second time staying here. This is my favourite compact and cozy guesthouse in Asakusa. Feeling like live at home and having some nice conversations with some staff and other fellow travelers. The wonderful base for me to go to Akihabara or Ueno park, just 3 stations away, and somewhere else. Definitely return to this little riverside hostel again.

Thank you for staying with us! We hope you come back again soon! See you !-Yuka

28th Apr 2017
7.1

Hard to get into hostel but easy to get into rooms. Flimsy lockers. LIttle common space - 9 sq meters (100 sa ft) of . Only 4 people could eat at once but there was no breakfast. If I were an architect or a building inspector I would have condemned the place. Very close to subway and food & convenience stores. Staff were great. Lots of nice people there when I stayed. As clean as you can get an old, dumpy building. I'd stay there again if nothing better was available.

• yoyobsb
  • Thailand, Male, 31-40
9th Apr 2017
6.6

Room for 2 persons is too small We cant even manage to open the luggage on floor!

Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope to see you again in Tokyo!

8th Apr 2017

The service was wonderful.They helped me with my bag and got me another night at a time the town was booked up.There is no elevator only steep stairs which can't be helped with the architecture.The toilet,sink,shower are separate and no door.I wish it had a door and was together.

Thank you for your rating and feedback! It really helps us find ways to improve our guests' experience ^^ We hope to see you again in our guesthouse!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
7th Apr 2017

It's a smaller place, but everything that is provided is great. Would stay there again.

Thank you so much!! We're glad you enjoyed our guesthouse, and we hope to see you again sometime soon! ^^

• England, Female, 31-40
27th Mar 2017

The staff were friendly and helpful (and helped me deal with the airline who lost my luggage!). The building and rooms etc are pretty basic but there are all the facilities you could need and the location is great (and a good view too!). I stayed in the 4 bed mixed dorm. It smelled like feet, but I blame the people I was sharing with rather than the hostel. It was a little noisy but ok. The cafe/bar next door is quite nice too.

Thank you for your stay and this review! We are sorry about your lost luggage but we all were so glad it's returned to you safe and okay! Please come stay with us again if you have a chance to visit Asakusa again at some point! Hope you enjoyed Japan trip! See you next time!!

26th Mar 2017
8.0

Location was great but room very small.wood bed always have noise when you move your body.

26th Mar 2017

Great location with a great view on the roof top. The place was clean and the staff were really kind and helpful.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
19th Mar 2017

Not much atmosphere but perfect for sleeping and using wifi. Staff are friendly and helpful. Great location to metro and market area! Facilities are basic but clean. Beds are comfortable.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
18th Mar 2017

This place feels like a house converted into a hostel. There's therefore a homey feel that reminded me of staying with family in Mexico, minus the iron bars etc. That means there is a little "clumsiness" in the execution of some things, such as the dorms are packed into a room with a low ceiling, and not each bed has power outlets or a light. But the beds are warm and clean. The tatami room is cozy and has an electric carpet, which is great on tired feet. The staff is kind--made us rice balls.

Thank you for your stay and this review. We are very sorry about the rooms but we are glad that you had a good time with us. Hope to see you again! Arigato!