Khaosan Tokyo Original Reviews

2-1-5 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, 111-0034, Tokyo, Japan

Tiny hostel with the reception room right next to the dorm room. Only one shower and had to go downstairs. Did not feel it was very clean there.

Property is clean, location is ok - close to Asakusa station- and staff was friendly and helpful. But the property is badly run down and the twin room we shared was ridiculously tiny: once our bags were inside we could barely walk in or out of the room. Anyone taller than 1.75m should also take precsutions as the doorframes are dangerously low.

I stay 2 night here and I find staffs are very nice and helpful. My flight is in midnight from Haneda Airport to Malaysia and the staffs allow me to let the stuffs in the luggage storage room and let me have rest before I head to the airport since is still too early to go. Thank you so much. Besides there is a check out free gift for those who stay in this hostel, it's very nice although is just a candy. Arigato

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

It will be great if you have more shower/bathrooms. A number was limited, and it'll be better if showers are cleaner. Other than that, the bedroom was clean and staffs are friendly. The location was great, and I really enjoy staying in Khaosan hostels. Thanks!

We only stayed here for one night but the staff were really nice and polite and helpful. The room was a private 2 bed room and it was teeny tiny. We couldn't ooen our suitcases in the room unless it was on the bottom bunk and it was so cold overnight we had to have the ac on all night just to stay midly warm. But the bed was comfy and big and we were only there to sleep, not socialise so it served its purpose.

Everything is nice

Although it is a bit crammed, I really enjoyed my stay. Maybe because it is small, the atmosphere is cosy and home-like and the staff are super friendly. I felt much more comfortable than in another bigger, newer, more stylish hostel in Asakusa that I stayed at. If I come back to Tokyo I'll definitely stay at Khaosan Original again.

I will recommand this hostel for traveling people to Japan Asakusa.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Very near to subway and sensoji temple. Convenient and value for money. Highly recommended. Regards, Wei

This hostel is good value for money. I stayed in the female dorm for one night. The staff was really friendly. You can cook your own stuff in the kitchen. Minor point are the shower rooms. I used one upstairs and it was kind of scary. Small and dark and kind of improvised.

Wonderful friendly staff, had a nice river view from our room, which was a little on the tiny side but of course to be expected in Tokyo! Very close to ginza and asakusa line stations and super easy to get to and fro. Loved it!

• 20th Jan 2015

Thank you so much for your that long stay at Original. We hope you enjoyed your Tokyo days a lot. Looking forward to seeing you here gain. Matane!!!

A nice, cosy hotel with a helpful, friendly staff.

We had a small room, but with a wonderful view over the river and the skytree :) -- > In total a very cozy hostel in a nice neighbourhood !

The hostel is friendly and has use of a kitchen, free tea and coffee and lounge area. It is 'cosy' just to warn - quiet small but nice. The twin room is literally a bunk bed in a small box room (no room to move) but overall it's a good stay for money

Stayed here for 6 nights and Absolutely loved it here. The rooms are a nice size with plenty of space to put luggage etc. Showers are a bit small but overall the place is small so it doesnt matter. Very convenient location, only 1 minute walk from the Ginza, Toei lines. Asakusa is a good cultural place with plenty of restaurants and traditional shops, with the Skytree and Sumo stadium in walking distance. Beautiful views from the rooms and the roof section is great too.

Jay was very friendly. Minnok helped me make a reservation for my friend. Thank you both.

*Very nice staff, cozy common area and very good location - 1 minute walk to the subway and 2 minutes to shops and restaurants, and still in a very quiet street *Showers are very small and with a lot of mold. Twin bedroom is really small. *Overall it is a good option, would recommend it for a short stay :)

Good riverside view from the hostel. Good staff.

qiute clean but small hostel

twin private room is too small, no space AT ALL to open luggages and we weren't the only ones who had to open our luggages in the corridor daily. small toilets and dirty shower rooms (2nd floor. 1st floor is OK). extremely cold tap water at washbasins with no central heating in corridors. four bed dorm was much larger and comfortable surprisingly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5