Khaosan Tokyo Original Reviews

2-1-5 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, 111-0034, Tokyo, Japan

The view was awesome - Tokyo Sky Tree and the river. It takes less than a minute to reach the Asakusa subway station. Excellent location, very friendly staff, as cheap as it can possibly be in Tokyo. I would definitely stay there again.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Bulgaria

Stayed in the 4 bed mixed dorm, comfy beds, lockers available, right next to a train station. Staff are very helpful and go out of their way to meet your needs. I will be back again!

• 18th Nov 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here, it was 1 minute walk from main station. The staf really friendly and helpful. It' feel like a home. Perfect hostel for backpakers

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

I relaxed bvery much. Thank you.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Japan

I always look for hostels with a TV and nice, friendly staff and Khaosan was really one of the better choices. I would definitely recommend it to any one who would like to chat with other stayers over a cuppa while watching variety shows!

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

service , Location , Staff Excellent Value For Money very Excellent i will back soon

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Thailand

Location is good,staff is very nice and for one night it can be convenient but compare to what you can find for the same price, i wouldn't recommand this hotel. The building need renovation. The showers are cleaned but not very clean, the room door's have large aeration holes that make the whole place really noisy , and with the lights it feels like you're sleeping (or trying) in the corridor.

The nearest hostel from station i ever known and the most understanding direction because it contain the picture. So we're not going in a wrong way

Location is quite good, really close to the Toei/Metro/Tobu Asakusa station. But the hostel has not enough shower and the common room is too small compared to other Khaosan hostels.

Toilet and shower rooms are not enough. Kitchen and living room is too small. The house is not so clean.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Things I like: 1. Great location: just a minute from the nearest subway station 2. Great staffs: willing for help 3. Cheap Things I don't like: 1. The shower rooms have strange smell and black mold around the corner. 2. The 3rd floor near the male toilet and the washing machine really have foul smell. Even the staff used the spray, it still had foul smell.

the was very well located, the views from the windows are amazing!! but... it is about time to close or renovate the place. it has seen it's days and considering they have 5 new hostels in the area.. let it go!!

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Israel

Good location. Great staffs. Need renovation or bog cleaning of the shower room and toilet. Small room with acceptable price.

There have good staffs. They can speak good English. And have good view of river.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

I like the location the most and it provided bike rental information which is also near the hostel. Tiny toilet. I like to mingle among other backpackers during trip but unfortunately noone mingle around during my stay. Staff often stay at the office and nott approachable. Overall great stay.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

Overall stay was pleasant.. We have very helpful receptionist, Allen, who carried the big luggages for me and my friend, all the way up to our 3rd floor room.. Rooms and toilets are clean.. Plus point, it's very strategic location, just facing sumida river and minutes walk away from train stations. Only minus point, the twin rooms are way smaller than that at Samurai (which we stayed years back), caused us a little discomfort.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Singapore

Shower facilities are limited, stairs will be a little steep for the older folks. The facilities are what I would describe as 'constricting'. However, staff were friendly and helpful. Nice view of the Sumida River.

The hostel was well situated for some of the sights of Tokyo. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We knew when we booked that it was a hostel and that the private room had bunk beds with shared bathroom facilities - this didn't bother us as we have used hostels before. The bedsheets were clean and freshly laundered BUT the shower rooms we tried to used were very dirty with broken fittings. So dirty that we washed with wet wipes. The kitchen was messy as other guests had not tidied up.

Very good location for travel in Tokyo area, Staff very nice can support all.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

Every things is OK but I just hate a toilet smell in a shower room on 2nd floor >

• 17th Oct 2014