Khaosan Tokyo Original Reviews

2-1-5 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, 111-0034, Tokyo, Japan

wifi connection there sucks. iPhone 6 works, but non for laptop. really annoyed.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Japan

Thank you for everything. Me and my wife like your place. We hope to stay with you again.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

This place was like a home away from home!! Of course this is a hostel so set expectations accordingly, but with that in mind this place is incredible. The staff speak excellent English and are very courteous, helpful -- and after hours are fun to party with. There is WiFi and even a roofdeck! The location is great for both Senso-ji and Sky tree, and a day trip to Ueno. Good food abounds. Would stay here again without hesitation.

• 9th Apr 2015

Awesome hostel in such a great location!! Atmosphere wasn't great but I was only there for a few nights anyway. Rooms were clean and a little locker for your valuables was really good!!! Would definitely stay again!

• 6th Apr 2015

The hostel location is great but the facilities are old and not clean. It's not a comfortable place to stay. Someone recommended me this brand of hostels (I think they have 7 in Tokyo), but I think this is not the good one. I can't speak for the others.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Spain

I was amazed by their concept. It is one of a kind. Their staff very helpful. Good for value and good location. 1 direct train to Shibuya, and just 10 minutes or something to another interesting places... Good Guest house!

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

Good: close to toei line station, good security, strong wifi, staff very nice and accommodating Bad: desperately needs a facelift. Showers on the first floor are awful, just a bag hanging up to keep clothes dry. If you have to venture downstairs since your floor's toilet/shower is occupied be prepared to be stared at by everyone in the kitchen like cows in a field. The sink is in the corridor, lots of people blowdry their hair at early hours in the morning which goes right through the doors

Enjoyed our stay there...not much hassles and everything was good.

Number of toilets and showers are not enough. And it is very small area for a group but the location is great , close to Toei and Tobu subway.

Other than the super tiny bathroom (knees to the wall while sitting down) [although the heated-seat and bidet make up for that] it had great facilities. And super close to the subway exit/entrance.

Overall, the location is convenient, home-feel, and the staff are friendly. Just the facilities are basic, and the toilet a bit small. Some facilities like missing light bulb in the sink on 2/F should be quickly replaced, while the boiled water must be ready on G/F for coffee/drink.

I stayed here for 3 nights in march 2015. The room is a quite small but it's ok for us cause anyway we went out the whole day and just came back to sleep. I love the view from the rooftop. It's so nice. The location is convenient, near subway station, near Asakusa temple, a lot of good restaurants nearby, staff can speak english very well. This is a good budget hotel.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Vietnam

Khaosan Tokyo Original is very close to the Sensō-ji, just 3 minutes by walking. And there are many restaurants nearby. I think the location of the hostel is very good. The rooms in Khaosan Tokyo Original are really small, it is hard for me to put two luggage inside the room, when I need to open my suitcase, i have to occupy the corridor. In sum, I recommend to stay in Khaosan Tokyo Original giving the reasonable price and excellent location.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • China

good location, 3 min walk from Asakusa station friendly staff, clean room with affordable price

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Thailand

Tiny hostel with the reception room right next to the dorm room. Only one shower and had to go downstairs. Did not feel it was very clean there.

Property is clean, location is ok - close to Asakusa station- and staff was friendly and helpful. But the property is badly run down and the twin room we shared was ridiculously tiny: once our bags were inside we could barely walk in or out of the room. Anyone taller than 1.75m should also take precsutions as the doorframes are dangerously low.

I stay 2 night here and I find staffs are very nice and helpful. My flight is in midnight from Haneda Airport to Malaysia and the staffs allow me to let the stuffs in the luggage storage room and let me have rest before I head to the airport since is still too early to go. Thank you so much. Besides there is a check out free gift for those who stay in this hostel, it's very nice although is just a candy. Arigato

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

It will be great if you have more shower/bathrooms. A number was limited, and it'll be better if showers are cleaner. Other than that, the bedroom was clean and staffs are friendly. The location was great, and I really enjoy staying in Khaosan hostels. Thanks!

We only stayed here for one night but the staff were really nice and polite and helpful. The room was a private 2 bed room and it was teeny tiny. We couldn't ooen our suitcases in the room unless it was on the bottom bunk and it was so cold overnight we had to have the ac on all night just to stay midly warm. But the bed was comfy and big and we were only there to sleep, not socialise so it served its purpose.

Everything is nice