Khaosan Tokyo Original Reviews

2-1-5 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, 111-0034, Tokyo, Japan

The bedroom is dusty, every morning when we wake up and open the window, we can see the dust flying everywhere. The toilets are always smelly, the shower is so ghetto and the shower curtain is damped.

Great hostel and location, could be considered small but keep in mind it is Tokyo so small is average. Lots to walk to around the area with food and shopping close by. I was gonna stay here again during my trip to Japan but they were full up already.

awful.... dirty..... smelly.... I think the staff needs to tidy up. . .

• 26th Jan 2016
  • South Korea

Staffs were very friendly and helpful.

• 11th Jan 2016
  • Japan

Everything was good especially its location, however it was really small and cramped. The living area, bathrooms and showers were all pretty tight. Usually I am a big Khaosan fan, but this was just too small for me. If you are shorter than 5 ft 8 inches it will probably be fine. If taller than avoid this one and go to a different Khaosan in Tokyo if you can.

Very helpful people. There to make it a pleasant stay

The staff were great, the location was ideal and the view from the roof was amazing. I had a great stay at the Original Khaosan in Tokyo. The space was a little cramped but this is Tokyo we are talking about. I would absolutely recommend this to any traveler looking for a cheaper place to stay in the city!

staff so friendly although the room very small but you can see good view from this hostel.

The staff was nice and helpful but the place was very small. The layout made it very difficult to do things comfortably - such as the shower rooms opening directly from public areas and not having a changing room inside and the bathroom sinks also being in open public areas, also not all sinks had hot water. The security was so-so, the outside door was locked but the dorm room door, though it had a very basic lock, was rarely locked as it should have been.

• 29th Dec 2015

I booked this hostel for one night as the other Kahosan I was staying in during my trip to Tokyo didn't have room for said night. I arrived late @ night and left early in the morning. It is a nice and cosy hostel, and I'm sure you can spend a good time there. It is quite small so should allow good communication between travelers. However, the building is starting to get a bit old and this affects somehow the facilities even if the best care is given by the staff to the hostel.

I really liked Khaosan Original! Nice atmosphere and you are likely to meet a lot of people in the chill living room and kitchen. Would definitely go there again! It is close to asakusa station from where you can go everywhere in Tokyo and also walking distance from sensoji temple, ueno Park and yanaka area

Very small with tight spaces especially the shower, no real room to change bar standing in the shower .

As goog as my first visit at this guesthouse except for the noise. Our neighbor was using the hair dryer at 1 am.

It was a lovely stay, thank you for your kindness. The blanket was sooo comfy

awesome stay, awesome staff

Excellent place for a quick stop over! Flying in that day and cruising in a day or two? Then this is the place to stay!

• 23rd Dec 2015

Easy to find

This hostel is the oldest of all the Khaosan Tokyo hostels (I think), so it is very cheap, but you get what you paid for, meaning the facilities were just acceptable to me (very small restroom on the 2nd floor, showers were just alright). If you want a cheap, acceptable place to stay, stay here. Facilities aside, the STAFF IS WONDERFUL. I love them.

I like the little origami given during the check out.

The staff was really friendly and helpful, and I liked that they had coffee and tea available for you to make yourself whenever you wanted it. There is a TV room to mingle, a wall with travel information, and a bag room if you need to leave your suitcase for some time before or after you check out. I live in Tokyo but stayed here to show a friend around, and depending on what you want to do Asakusa may not be the ideal location. It's close to some great things but far from others.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5