Khaosan Tokyo Original Reviews

2-1-5 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, 111-0034, Tokyo, Japan

The hostel is really easy to find- thanks for the location plan. The infrastructure is great, because the Ginza and Asakusa Line are really close. So even the room is small it is is price worth. The only thing which could be modernized are the showers, please do that and then is Khaosan Original the best place to stay. The Staff is very welcoming, they help were they can - I can say just positive things about them. Go on like that. 皆さんは本当に優しい、ありがとうございます。

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Austria

Thank you so much for your stay here. We are planning to renovate some places of our facility. We will make efforts for your better next trip. looking forward to seeing you again in Asakusa. 本当にありがとうございます。 また来てくださいね。

Place is very basic. Clean and quite. Great location as it's only a walk away from the Asakusa metro station, the Senso-ji, and the stop for the river cruise. Space is small though and everyone is given the pass code for the door so security might be questionable - not a big thing though. Also, there's not a lot of "hostel feel," very quite and perfect place to just sleep in after a long day of walking around Tokyo.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

very nice place, this is my second time stay here~

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

This is my 2nd stay at the Khaosan Original. You can get the million dollar view of the Sumida for a fraction of the price that a full service hotel would charge. The staff at this place are wonderful. I will continue to return here for life!

Everything is good as per described, wifi signal can be improved as no signal in the room ( 3rd floor)

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Pretty beautiful location, but the street isn't that great. The inside of the hostel could be renewed for the price being paid.

Good location and friendly staff. Unfortunately, the hostel was very cramped and in dire need of renovation. Not to mention the air conditioning, which didn't work well in our room. Overall, our stay was bearable for one night, but would not recommend staying there for a longer period of time, especially not in summer.

I loved this place. I had a private double room with my sister which was extreme small. Other than that it was wonderful. The atmosphere in the living room was amazing and the staff was very friendly.

The only thing I found disappointing was the curfew to go on the roof. The view up there is beautiful and I wanted to stay longer. Other than that, everything else is amazing. I love the fact that the place is small so people get to interact more with each other in the dining room.

Great hostel.. overall good vibe.. staff was very helpful & it was easy to find after a long day of traveling. 5 minute walk from Senso-ji temple, and a 3 minute walk from the Metro. Was only bummed I couldn't stay more than one night.

old small shower room and hall way have some smell from toilet.

Overall it was a nice stay, staff very helpful and very close to the subway station.

Thank you for your kindness.

Not my favorite of the Khaosan hostels. The location is nice, so close to Asakusa station and the Ginza/Asakusa Lines, but still quite far out if you are spending a lot of time around Shibuya/Shinjuku. The hostel itself is quite small - the beds were comfortable but a bit old and creaky. Lockers in the room are big and incredibly convenient, and staff is brat. BUT the showers are old, small and always kind of moldy. If you can deal with the showers then its still a good place to stay!

The staffs are very friendly and speak excellent English. The facilities are clean, with a fair room rate. I really enjoyed the stay there, and would recommend anyone who wants to find affordable accommodations in Tokyo!

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

There was one day a little boy (about 7 to 8 years old) and his mother stayed in the female dorm (8 beds), which was not very pleasant as I supposed female dorms ought to take no males (at least no more than 3 to 4 years old). Except for that, all were great with Khaosan Tokyo Original. Great location and friendly staff. This was my first stay in a hostel, and I would recommend it to everyone.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

I went to Tokyo with a music artist called kevn to watch his live concert tour, and we stayed in Khaosan Tokyo Original. At first we thought the rooms were a bit small, but you actually use such a place just to sleep after being around the city for hours, so it was okay. Everything was super clean, the staff were really nice and talked to us in a really friendly way, they'd even buy gifts everyday for the guests such as cookies or sweets. The location is great too and I'd totally go again! ♫

The staff is all nice, especially Hayato.

not bad not good. location is good, rooms are suck.

All was very good. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The only one bad, were the shower room is very small.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5