Khaosan Tokyo Original Reviews

2-1-5 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, 111-0034, Tokyo, Japan

The hostel is really narrow especially the room. And the doors are too low and bathrooms don't have enough space. Aircon smells bad.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Japan

Very friendly staff, good location near tokyo metro,

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Thailand

The staff was really nice and helpful.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

The staff were extremely friendly and even put on a free traditional japanese dinner with sake. The only problems were tha the private rooms were very small, and the pillows were absolutely solid. I would recommend this as a relatively cheap place to stay in a very fun area of Tokyo!

• 5th Jul 2015

Loved the staff, all were extremely friendly and helpfull. Toilets and bathrooms were really small and common is not big enough to relax. There was a lot of people so the upstairs sink and shower were always full of hair.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Slovenia

Fantastic hostel. Very freindly, with a charming atmosphere. The staff was very helpful and gave their time and energy to help direct me to some of the best dinning experiences I've had while abroad. The washrooms are a bit small but this is only a minor complaint. Otherwise, everything was extremely clean and well taken care of. The location is fantastic and allows for a direct route to Hanada airport! For the cost, the quality was extremely high. Would recommend!

The staff and location were lovely, however it was rather cramped.

The staff was extreamely friendly. Thanks to Chieko, Hiroko, and Shimo, I had such a good time there. It would be better if the Hostel can add a rule that after 11 or 12 am, people living in the dorm room need to turn off the light in the room, or make the curtain more light-proof. Also make it more clear that people shouldn't be packing until 2~3am.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

Damn good

Best staff, best location.

It is a little bit narrow comapring with my country:) especially the toilte and bathroom Sometimes, I cannot let the water come out from the toilet but do not know how to correct it. The toilet is interesting with Japanese style

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Vietnam

I must re-stay in Khaosan Tokoyo Original !!! The staff is very helpful, they all so nice. So good to met you there, thx again!!!

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

Loved everything. The atmosphere was exactly what I want out of a hostel and the location is unbeatable. Friendly and incredibly helpful staff. I cannot wait to come backback; I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Tokyo.

• 21st Jun 2015

I stayed in this hostel for four nights and truly enjoyed my time. The staff is really friendly and and helpful and speak good English. The location is great, it's really close to the subway stations but still on a quiet street. I stayed in a female dorm and the dormitory beds have curtains around them as well so you will get a bit of privacy too and there's also enough sockets near each bed to charge your phone etc. This hostel was an amazing find and I will definitely recommend it.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Finland

The staff were very good, and helped me out when I needed to stay an extra nite, at a cost that was fair to me. It's a good location for Tokyo.

A very affordable space, with a great location. The bathrooms were a bit small and run down, but served their purpose. The fact that sinks were located on different floors from the washrooms was a minor annoyance, not terrible. Worked fine for the one night I needed. I was in the all female bunk but was the only one who didn't have any kind of privacy curtain. That isn't a huge issue necessarily, but it would have been nice since my neighbor was up very early and was packing directly next to me.

• 20th Jun 2015

I think someone needs to change the beds. I am not a tall girl (5'1) but I cannot even sit straightly in the bed. It is annoyed as the bathroom and washroom are shared with the whole building and it is hard for me to get changed in my bed.

Very helpful staff, giving info about metros and how to get to the airport. Helped out carrying my bag up the stairs, which was unnecessary, but greatly appreciated. My room had a deck with great view of the river, at night it was even more impressive. The location is really near to metro stations, one that very conveniently takes you the Haneda Airport. If you have a chance to choose an airport in Tokyo, i would recommend Haneda over Narita. Cheaper and closer to Tokyo Station.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Costa Rica

Good Location, Good OWNER

• 17th Jun 2015
  • South Korea
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff is very nice The guess are friendly

• 16th Jun 2015