Khaosan Tokyo Original Reviews

2-1-5 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, 111-0034, Tokyo, Japan

Super helpful staff. Twin room was tiny but we had a really nice stay here. Would come back next time!

near to subway, easy to access,friendly staffs

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Excellent location with an unobstructed view of Sumida Gawa. I love this hostel. I stay at hostels not because I have to, but because I want to. I will definately return here again. Domo arigato gozaimasu Tsubasa san!

We spent 3 nights in Khaosan guesthouse.It was cheery blossom period and the only guesthouse we found.It's very small and our room was microscopic.Only one bed and 50cm to move on one side.The staff was really nice.The location is great.The peice is ok.The rooftop terras is cool.

Good experience here; the staff was really sweet! It's a pretty small place, but it's not a bad place to stay if there aren't too many in your group or if you're traveling alone. Fairly easy to get to; make sure you get off at the right Asakusa station. It's really in between the exits for the Asakusa line and the Ginza line.

Great place to stay. Very close to subway station. A little bit far from JR station, but I don't really mind since I don't use JR Pass and JR lines are slightly more expensive ;) Room is clean enough, a little small, but still okay since it is cheap. On my first day there, I probably got bitten by a bed bug (?), but I hit it while asleep and never find any since then. Shared facilities like microwave, refrigerator, and tv are pretty good. Staffs are really friendly. Will stay there again!

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

Very small hostel and the bathrooms weren't very nice. Was a bit disappointed but the staff made up for it, they were great!!!

Very clean hotel, excellent location and staff. The weakest bit of the hostel is that everything is so small. At 180 cm body length, I occasionally risked banging my head against something. The toilet also kind of lacked space. Lastly, the shower was somewhat lacking, as it had no good place to put clothes/change and the door could not be locked - though there was a shower curtain. That all said, at the current price, the dormitory is good value for your money.

Staff very friendly for visitor.

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Thailand

I enjoyed so much! Thank you!!

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Japan

Ah, I loved my stay here so much! Everyone was really friendly, it was conveniently placed for amenities and wasn't overly big. It's the best of the Khaosan Hostels that I've stayed in and I'll definitely be back!

The place was ok, good staff and good atmosphere and very clean. But the room was a bit small and the mattres was really too thin, we had to put two on the same bed and sleep together. Also we could barely access to internet in the room and there was no hook to hang the towel in one of the shower. Well, it's still good overall but this would be better with these little details fixed.

staff were nice, only 2 showers, rooms very small, but slept well regardless

• 19th Feb 2014

The bathroom at the second level could have been better as it was rather small.

• 17th Feb 2014
  • Singapore

The hostel was nice but the kitchen was very small with only 1 hotplate. And the bed mattresses were incredibly thin and uncomfortable (I did not sleep well at all!)

very nice staff and excellent location.

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Thailand

I loved staying there, but if you are very picky about a certain amount of cleanliness, you make not like this area. Personally, I would go again for another visit. The people were amazing and they had everything I needed. There was also an area for late night sleepers to hang out which was great.

Awesome place!!!!!!

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Taiwan

There is a convenient place in Asakusa who near the skytree and metro. And they have nice staff and guest I never forget this . See ya Tokyo ^_^

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Taiwan

the private room is sooooooo small I pay more but I had less space(personal space) than dorm room?!?!

• 9th Feb 2014