Khaosan Tokyo Original Reviews

2-1-5 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, 111-0034, Tokyo, Japan

We had a small room, but with a wonderful view over the river and the skytree :) -- > In total a very cozy hostel in a nice neighbourhood !

The hostel is friendly and has use of a kitchen, free tea and coffee and lounge area. It is 'cosy' just to warn - quiet small but nice. The twin room is literally a bunk bed in a small box room (no room to move) but overall it's a good stay for money

Stayed here for 6 nights and Absolutely loved it here. The rooms are a nice size with plenty of space to put luggage etc. Showers are a bit small but overall the place is small so it doesnt matter. Very convenient location, only 1 minute walk from the Ginza, Toei lines. Asakusa is a good cultural place with plenty of restaurants and traditional shops, with the Skytree and Sumo stadium in walking distance. Beautiful views from the rooms and the roof section is great too.

• 6th Jan 2015

Jay was very friendly. Minnok helped me make a reservation for my friend. Thank you both.

*Very nice staff, cozy common area and very good location - 1 minute walk to the subway and 2 minutes to shops and restaurants, and still in a very quiet street *Showers are very small and with a lot of mold. Twin bedroom is really small. *Overall it is a good option, would recommend it for a short stay :)

Good riverside view from the hostel. Good staff.

qiute clean but small hostel

twin private room is too small, no space AT ALL to open luggages and we weren't the only ones who had to open our luggages in the corridor daily. small toilets and dirty shower rooms (2nd floor. 1st floor is OK). extremely cold tap water at washbasins with no central heating in corridors. four bed dorm was much larger and comfortable surprisingly.

Apart from the space which is much less, everything is almost good.

good location and easy to go anywhere.

Thanks for these nights.

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Shower room is very narrow and trouble.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Thailand

A little more space in the bedroom is recommended.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The hostel had great information for travelers which were very useful and appreciated. However I was told I would get a receipt and it was forgotten about before I left. On the first floor there wasn't much of a private bathroom (that included a sink with a working tap), so for anything other than brushing my teeth I had to hope the shower was free, which was a little awkward. All the beds in my room except for mine had a curtain or screen for privacy, which would have been appreciated

I just had one difficulties: finding the exact location lol because we dont have internet online at my phone during in japan. Ah! And we got the corner room so the wifi sometimes didnt reached our room. The rest are good!

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

Stay here for 10 nights and I'm in with love this plce. I've been visiting Tokyo many times but this is my first time staying here. It's near by metro station and many places for tourist in Asakusa that you can see everything by walk, cheep, clean, the staff are so friendly and thier English are great, comfy, and I love that I can dry my cloths on the roof (you can't do this at some hostel or you had to beg them). Definitely stay here again in my next trips. (^_^)

it is a good service and location. just a one thing, i hope that khaosan tokyo original have a auto dryer machine for the room guest. because sometime rain for few days, so that we cannot dry out our cloth easily. anyway i am happy during staying there.

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel management should have been more accuracy. I had already book female dorm for 2 nights with confirmation, but after I got the hostel I was informed that I could stay in female dorm only 1 night. They provided the bed of another night to another customer. Actually, this time my 2nd time of visiting. It was supposed to be more comfortable for me but.......

Nice place to stay. Only one thing that need improvement is the noice from people. Staff made noices in kitchen and other people made noices late at night (could not sleep). The rest was perfect.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Thailand

The view was awesome - Tokyo Sky Tree and the river. It takes less than a minute to reach the Asakusa subway station. Excellent location, very friendly staff, as cheap as it can possibly be in Tokyo. I would definitely stay there again.

• 20th Nov 2014