Khaosan Tokyo Original Reviews

2-1-5 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, 111-0034, Tokyo, Japan

perfect location,very cheap.the bathrooms, toilets and living room are a bit small but still good enough. i can recommend it mostly because of the perfect location

It was a very welcoming staying here. We met other travelers and a very comfortable stay.

• 24th May 2015
  • Singapore

The room is really good,but room's bed has a little bit musty smell…besides that everything is good! And i will still choosing khaosan next time!

• 23rd May 2015
  • Taiwan

Near station, nice staff, clean room

We loved khaosan road. Although it seemed a little run down and had a few mysterious smells.

Good location but cleanliness was a bit of an issue by Japanese standards and compared to other Khaosan hostels. This was probably just due to it being a very old building.

Great! Their staff is very nice and helpful...location also near to the station and easy to find.

• 14th May 2015
  • Malaysia

The water heater sometimes very hot and sometimes very cold. Staff are very helpful and give me information how to go Disneyland and airport. They allowed us to deposit the luaggage till 2 .30pm as our flight will be at 6.10pm.

• 14th May 2015
  • Singapore

Awesome staff, comfortable arrangements, absolutely loved staying here even though it was just a for a night. Loved that they allowed me to keep my luggage there while I toured Asakusa the next day before leaving the next evening. So helpful!

Feel like home! Thank you for your hospitality. I will be back one day!

• 8th May 2015

Great location and friendly staff!

Good hostel, close to direct lines from either airport. Friendly helpful staff. Pretty cramped but so is everywhere in Japan. Lots to do close by and easy access to the awesome train network. We stayed there one night at first but then when we came back to Tokyo we decided it was good enough to stay there again.

• 6th May 2015
  • New Zealand

The location was great being so close to many different subway lines and even being able to walk to the Skytree. The room I stayed in either smelled because of one of the other bunkmates or because someone prior to our arrival had left it smelly so maybe installing some febreeze would be nice. Other than the odor, I enjoyed the staying at the hostel. The staff was very helpful and informative during my stay there.

• 1st May 2015

I found the staff are helpful. They will try their best to provide any helps in whatever ways possible. Some are really awesome and great like Toshi and Moe. Overall they are kind and friendly too. The twin private room is a bit small. At times they are some guests made some noise which i can still compromise. No issue at all.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Very small rooms and common area. Always crowded.

nice place , with a nice teamgood place in tokyo

• 26th Apr 2015

Excellent location near the metro, with several traditional sights and restaurants all around. Maps available downstairs. Free luggage storage room. Dorms are really nice with a privacy curtain (x2), and mine even had a balcony. Would recommend.

advantages: 1 min to train station, good location. disadvantages: 10 years old hostel, so smaller room, smaller common area, smaller toilet, shower room. If you don't mind to walk 20 mins, suggest same group Khaosan world hostel, have more rooms, more space, a huge common room, a bar

Excellent area of Tokyo, calm, traditional, yet easy access to trains, bars, and restaurants. Bedrooms are comfortable. Staff was very helpful. No complaints at all. I lived in Japan for several years, and always staff in Asakusa when visiting Tokyo. From now on, I will be staying here when I come back.

the only thing that could be bettered i think is that the showers were a bit unpractical. maybe just add like a small spot to put a toiletry case and such.

• 20th Apr 2015