Khaosan Tokyo Original Reviews

2-1-5 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, 111-0034, Tokyo, Japan

2094 Total Reviews

Its been my best stay in Tokyo where I can meet a lot of people from other country which also staying together. I booking for a 4 bed mixed dorm where mostly also coming alone for solo trip. Although the place is kinda small, but everything is excellent with good facility, kitchen equipment and etcs. Well, budget stay after all where most traveler who staying for holiday used the hotel or hostel for bath, sleep and putting their luggage. There is a big locker for each people. Excellent!!!!!

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

A very basic hostel. A little old and run down. But it's clean,secure with hot showers. For the price you pay, you can't complain! Great location too!

Nice staff (let me borrow their tourist guide for a day) and gave me tipps where to go. Dorm is pretty small, but good value for price. Would definitely recommend this place.

• 15th Dec 2015
  • Switzerland

Thank you for stay in khaosan original with us!! We hope we could meet you again!! We are looking forward to seeing you!!

I was staying here for 5night staff there super nice very convenience near by the temple n everything is cool. Using not more then 5 mins walk to the 居酒屋area overnight shopping mall 10mins. I will consider to come back again. Really good one.

Great location coz 1 minute walk from station. 3 minutes to Sensoji temple!

The staff were so knowledge and welcoming making the hostel experience great. Having stayed in the Kyoto branch of hostel I felt this one was slightly less clean and small but still a good experience and base to explore Tokyo.

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

Everythings is alright, just a room a little bit small.

We had a really nice time at the hostel. The hostel has a cozy living room, offers free coffee and tea, and has comfortable beds. The hostel is in easy access to the Tokyo subway and metro, and also has nice places to walk around nearby. Only downside is a shared shower, but it was not a big problem.

• 10th Dec 2015

The staff is so great! I will definitely stay here again.

good location not far from metro

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Thailand

insufficient toilets/ shower. 2 shower for the whole building?! smelly. but cheap and great location. bed is clean.

One of the best khaosan in Tokyo. I was not looking for a good hostel but i amazed by this hostel's atmosphere. Chieki-san is always amazing and kind!

This was my second time visiting, and it was as great a stay as the first visit. The hostel is small but clean and the staff are super helpful with great english. The location is perfect, main reason for coming back. You're a minute from Asakusa station and the Ginza line.

Great stay! Will definitely stay there again.

Arigatou!! Mata ai masyou!!

We expected the place to be much cleaner, as I have been to several khaosan branches which were great. However the showers had a slight sewerage smell that made showering quite uncomfortable. The space was definitely too small for anyone tall or large. The whole area was quite small. However staff and location were great. I guess you win some you lose some! However, it was definitely value for money though. Very cheap, great service, great location. But don't expect any more

Friendly atmosphere and staffs. Highly recommended. just 1minute from Asakusa station. View is also great.

The toilet especially on the second floor was so tiny, i couldn't even pull down my underwear to just tinkle hahaha

The private-couple rooms are very significantly exceptionally terribly small. If you had number of tours carrying two baggage of average, once you keep them in the room you will find enough space even to walk or change dress. The common room is sometimes crowded, not comfortable if you want privacy. The staffs are great and helpful, very friendly, that's what makes the difference from the above problems mentioned. In overall I will rate it 8/10, due to its great location as it is near Station.

Location Good, Best Value for Money

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Thailand

I had a good stay at the hostel and it is great especially in terms of the location. Close to both Toei and Tokyo Metro Subway Asakusa station, it only takes me about 2 minutes to walk to either of them. Rooms and bathrooms are pretty small but clean and well-facilitated. Overall it is a very good value for money and I would consider staying here if I ever visit Tokyo again!

• 12th Nov 2015