Khaosan Tokyo Original Reviews

2-1-5 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, 111-0034, Tokyo, Japan

Nice staff I very enjoy for staying this hostel

all r good, but noisy

I like staffs. They are very nice and very friendly! They gave me a japanese souvenir that is very cute!

Fairly cramped and small cos it's the original which is alright but I'm talk and hit my head a bunch. Also a bit small bathroom and not many for the number of rooms hence why the cleanliness of bathroom is bit average. Lots of use of them. Good location though there isn't much going on in the area.

Super small. I'm tall 6 foot and couldn't really fit in the bathroom room. Hit my head about a million times. Beds etc comfortable and lounge is nice. Kitchen cramped not really suitable for cooking. Hard to keep clean cos of room to bathroom ratio. Nice enough but not as good as the other khaosan branches we stayed at.

The best thing of this hostel is that the staff are very lovely, helpful and informative!!! My friend and i spent 2 nights over there in a 4-mixed bedroom. The view from the room balcony is splendid!! One thing, there is no elevator!! Overall, this hostel is worth for money..

The staff are really nice, but I feel bad because only one person works at a time, so the poor woman who worked when I checked in seemed SO frazzled because so many people were trying to check in/talk to her at the same time. Otherwise the place is nothing special, it has everything you need even if it is on the small size, but it's pretty normal for Japan. Good location too, right by everything Asakusa.

um...there isn't no washstand in shower room, that was a little uncomportable thing.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • South Korea

good ! but noisy

The staffs are very nice. The location is within asakusa so I can walk around to kaminarimon and shopping street. The room is very small. I can hear people talking or sounds of doors open/close. But no problem. I still could sleep comfortably.

I felt comfortable just like at home. :)

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

The staff were really friendly. Nice to have free tea/coffee. Great location. Instructions on your website of how to find your location is great. The only downside that the room was small but you expect that in Tokyo and it was budget price so I think thats understandable.

Very convenient location , super close to the metro station and something cheap for eating. Partime young staff during my stay were very kind. The hostel was pretty small but hey you won't find a very cheap hostel else in central location like this in Tokyo.

Nice location with a rooftop view of the Sumida river, very close to the subway station and some Asakusa sights. The staff was really great. The layout including the bathroom locations is a little odd, but overall this is a nice place to stay.

Super helpful staff. Twin room was tiny but we had a really nice stay here. Would come back next time!

I was in the room near the office and the lobby area and even though there was a curfew for loud noises that never happened so it was a bit loud at points. It was a bit weird to go out into the lobby to wash up especially when there were people in the kitchen, but the lobby/ kitchen area was very welcoming. Also loved the shower.

Compared to the other khaosan hostel, this one was really dirty (mold and a lot of hairs in the showers) also when I was staying there, the only other ones in the hostel seemed non English speaking men of 50+ for a solo traveller this did not really make a good atmosphere. However I can imagine it might be a good hostel as it is at a convenient location

near to subway, easy to access,friendly staffs

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Excellent location with an unobstructed view of Sumida Gawa. I love this hostel. I stay at hostels not because I have to, but because I want to. I will definately return here again. Domo arigato gozaimasu Tsubasa san!

We spent 3 nights in Khaosan guesthouse.It was cheery blossom period and the only guesthouse we found.It's very small and our room was microscopic.Only one bed and 50cm to move on one side.The staff was really nice.The location is great.The peice is ok.The rooftop terras is cool.