Khaosan Tokyo Original Reviews

2-1-5 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, 111-0034, Tokyo, Japan

2095 Total Reviews

They have a nice cozy dining area and living room to hang out. Quite a nice place as the dormitory and my bed faces the river. The sleeping area was pretty spacious albeit a little dusty.

The hotel is in a good location, with good view and low price. Just the lock chest is a little small, but I still deeply love this hotel!

• 11th Nov 2015
  • Taiwan

Recommended, very near to Asakusa Station. View from our room is fantastic, facing Sumida River and Tokyo Skytree. One downside is the kitchen too small and can be crampy sometimes. Toilet can be a traffic sometimes. Other than that, it's awesome

Not the newest hostel, but the staff is exceedingly friendly, even by Japanese standards. Nice views of the river from the dorm rooms and rooftop terrace. Great!

We loved our stay. The location was excellent and the staff were lovely. I would come back and stay here again.

• 5th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Nice place with very friendly staff people and very good located, 2 mins from the subway, bus and train station, asakusa is a very nice area for everything!

• 3rd Nov 2015
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It's very great and nice location .it's nearby rail and alot of food shop within 1minute .

• 1st Nov 2015
  • Malaysia

For the money it was a great stay - the people, the location, ... And the staff was really understanding and helpful with our luggage.

As others have mentioned it's a small hostel but it is Tokyo so expecting Western sized hostels is a tad stupid. Other than that everything is great. Great location near the train station. Helpful friendly staff. Curtain on the bed which I found a nice touch (hope it catches on with all hostels!) . Good size lockers. Oh and the toilet was brilliant. Heated seats, spraying thing which, against my reservations, really works! Would stay again.

The stairs to the roof are a literal deathtrap, but the breathtaking view is worth the risk. The location on the river, near the Station is AMAZING. The showers are terrible, but if you aren't used to 5 star accommodations they aren't that bad. The staff was friendly and they seemed to all love their jobs and went above and beyond to help me when I came down with a cold. I am so glad I booked here for my first trip to Tokyo, I met so many people and had so much fun! I would stay here again!

It's in a fantastic location, well connected with public transport. The staff are also very nice and helpful. During my stay there was a guy in my dorm who had a very smelly bagpack (and very smelly shoes!). After the first night he stayed in the dorm I was in, the staff kindly came to offer me a bed in a different dorm due to the smell. I really appreciate the effort they put into making their guests feel comfortable!

The staffs and the location are awesome. I'll come back here to stay again.

Kaosan Tokyo Original is a very good place to stay in Tokyo. It's near the subway, and minutes away by walking to find food. The location is perfect. But maybe during my stay it's a little bit crowded, so the place (bedroom and kitchen) is a little bit messy. Bathroom is clean. Neighborhood is great.

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

this is my 3rd time stayed at this hostel when go for Tokyo. though the room so narrow, other things was okay. staff are helpful and still smiling though sometimes we, the guest, made them confused.

• 20th Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

The staff was really helpful, friendly and informative. They able to speak fluent English.The location is just perfect. Full kitchen. The living room was comfortable and warm. The view from our room was the best. Although the private room was quite small but it still the best value for money. Definitely will recommend others.

• 20th Oct 2015
  • Malaysia

Staff are awesome. Very friendly and helpful. Location is perfect! Hostel itself...run down. Very smelly. Beds are ok. As much as I love the staff at Khaosan hostels, I wouldnt stay at Khaosan Original again.

The place is very nice and close to the Asakusa station and the "no curfew" policy is great. Free tea and coffee is nice and the place is well equipped with maps and other tourist information. The rooms are quite small but that's probably the case everywhere (anyway worth for the money).

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Slovenia

Keep it up!

i just stayed in this guesthouse for one night but I liked it since it is very near to Asakusa area and the public transport (metro & toei) is very near. One thing that i didn't like it much is the space. I found it's a bit small but I can handle it. Overall is good

Chill hostel and helpful staff. Very close to Ginza line which gets you almost everywhere!

• 12th Oct 2015