Khaosan Tokyo Original Reviews

2-1-5 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, 111-0034, Tokyo, Japan

2095 Total Reviews

Chill hostel and helpful staff. Very close to Ginza line which gets you almost everywhere!

• 12th Oct 2015

Place was small (no surprise in Tokyo) however very clean and staff was sound !

Staff very nice. But if hostel clean more than at this time it's very good. Location is quiet and good view.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Thailand

I'm not quite sure about my booked on Tokyo Original Hostel. The reviews doesn't that good so I put my expectation low. What I see is what I get: small living room, a little bit smelly bathroom, and perfect location for its near location with Asakusa Station. Ah, and lovely view to Tokyo Sky Tree from your window view. What I love from this hostel is the warm and homey feeling. Meet and talk a lot of new person on that small living room. And Chieko San gave me Tottoto origami when I check out.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

can't believe that I can see the river and sky tree when I get on my bed. staff is really helpful and friendly. definitely worth it. will stay the second time!!

I really like the location, but during my stay the bidet in second floor was broke, bathroom not so clean and washing machine was broke

Private room was small.

great location and wonderful view .but the washing room shower room and The roonm is not good enough .

The staff is really helpfull and friendly. Room is very small, but it's still okay.

The showers were not clean and every time someone wanted to come into the hostel, the bell was so loud. The Khaosan world was much better than the Khaosan original. The "wa-shitsu" before the luggage room is also very uncomfortable. Next time I will book the Khaosan world again.

• 30th Sep 2015

Everything is good but they should have an elevator for some bid luggage.

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Thailand

The kitchen is small but yet very well equipped. There is a comfortable and warm living room that looks like a typical traditional student dormitory living room. The beds are soft and comfortable and there is a place to hang your laundry on the top floor. Also the price is cheap and the staffs are friendly.

The staff was really good, they made us feel at home. They taught us how to use the rice-cooker, gave us good advice, and even organized a "let's make udon noodles" workshop, which was great. Thank you Kahosan Original :)

Great value for money and a minute away from the subway and main Asakusa street. Perfect if you just want a nice and cheap place to stay with good access to the rest of Tokyo. Had some issues with hot water in the showers, but nothing serious.

Room is clean. But overall hostel is a bit too small, please enhance the cleanliness of kitchen.

• 17th Sep 2015
  • Malaysia

I dunno what caused my legs to be itchy on my first night. I dunno if there were some insects on the duvet or what they spray on it, which I saw on my 2nd day when some lady was cleaning.

The person (when we checked in was very helpful) even though we arrived early. We had booked a whole room (4 people) for the three of us, When we could check in, the room was aired out and cool (much appreciated), and we really liked the river view we had off the balcony! :) Also, we appreciated all the helpful things at the hostel (sheets with common phrases, bus schedules, maps, etc.). I wished we had time to stay there longer! :)

wonderfull !!! staff is very kind and friendly, great location and they take care guest about trvel and give us a map and advice about guest's trip

• 14th Sep 2015
  • Thailand

It's extremely small, smaller than other hostels we have stayed in. In general it's fine, they provide drinks (tea/coffee), there is a small common room with internet, Internet in rooms works.

Amazing people working in a very nice hostel. I had lot of fun staying in Khaosan. I have stayed there 3 times and felt like at home. Location is brilliant, very easy to find as well. I met a lot of cool people while I stayed in Khaosan. Also staff gives leaving gifts what I think is a very nice touch to a whole guest experience at this hostel. The staff is very helpful and will give all the information you need. I already miss this hostel.