Khaosan Tokyo Original Reviews

2-1-5 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, 111-0034, Tokyo, Japan

Near the tourist attraction.

• 22nd May 2014
  • Thailand

Rooms were small and cramped but the staff were friendly, the location is very close to the airport and nearby Metro and Subway and the price was cheap.

Staff were very welcoming, helpful and patient. Thanks for the complimentary beers to celebrate the festival during our stay.

• 18th May 2014

Khaosan Tokyo Original was the cheapest place we stayed during our 3 weeks in Japan. That said, it was justified. The rooms were TINY, and we were right across the hall from the toilets, so it stank 24/7. The whole place is a bit old. The staff were great though, and went out of their way to help you. Bottom line, 2 nights was enough, you get what you pay for.

• 16th May 2014

THE BEST GUESTHOUSE IN TOKYO.

• 16th May 2014
  • Malaysia

It was a good hostel, but there were other khaosans that were bigger. Everyone there was really friendly and willing to have fun with you if you have time! mom and I were so busy with getting the most out of our rail passes before they expired that we never got to. everything was pretty clean, the roof space had a really good veiw and during the sanja matsuri the floats went right down our street so we got great pictures and it was really nice to wake up to the sounds of taiko and the flute. ;)

• 11th May 2014

The staff were lovely and so helpful. Nothing was a bother to them and they went out of their way to help as much as they could. Amazing place and I would recommend to anyone!!

• 10th May 2014
  • Wales

Great hostel in a great location. We stayed in the four person room on the second floor and had a balcony view of the river! Kind of small room but definitely manageable. Would stay here again.

I loved staying at Khaosan. We had a room with an excellent view over the river an at the Tokyo Skytree. The staff were very warm and friendly. It felt a bit like home.

will definitely come back again once i am in Tokyo

• 3rd May 2014
  • Malaysia

Staff so helpful, clean and strategic location.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Indonesia

The staff are so lovely and helpful! Even when our our hostel had kicked us out with no where to go they let us sort out selves out there and use their wifi! Such lovely people and it's great value for money! Good location, as you are in a central area but in a side street away from the crowds. STAY HERE

• 2nd May 2014

The staff very friendly and they really help me to walk around tokyo. ^^ I enjoy to stay on there.

• 1st May 2014
  • Indonesia

Nice staff I very enjoy for staying this hostel

all r good, but noisy

I like staffs. They are very nice and very friendly! They gave me a japanese souvenir that is very cute!

Fairly cramped and small cos it's the original which is alright but I'm talk and hit my head a bunch. Also a bit small bathroom and not many for the number of rooms hence why the cleanliness of bathroom is bit average. Lots of use of them. Good location though there isn't much going on in the area.

Super small. I'm tall 6 foot and couldn't really fit in the bathroom room. Hit my head about a million times. Beds etc comfortable and lounge is nice. Kitchen cramped not really suitable for cooking. Hard to keep clean cos of room to bathroom ratio. Nice enough but not as good as the other khaosan branches we stayed at.

The best thing of this hostel is that the staff are very lovely, helpful and informative!!! My friend and i spent 2 nights over there in a 4-mixed bedroom. The view from the room balcony is splendid!! One thing, there is no elevator!! Overall, this hostel is worth for money..

The staff are really nice, but I feel bad because only one person works at a time, so the poor woman who worked when I checked in seemed SO frazzled because so many people were trying to check in/talk to her at the same time. Otherwise the place is nothing special, it has everything you need even if it is on the small size, but it's pretty normal for Japan. Good location too, right by everything Asakusa.