Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Excellent hostel in Asakusa

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Philippines

The hostel has good facilities and looks new. However, the 8 persons room was very messy, I guess because of the persons there, but this shouldn't be allowed. I've never been to such an untidy room in Japan. There were no curtains for the beds. And then, the hostel is next to the Tsukuba Express station, but quite far from the Asakusa Metro Station. Maybe this is a party hostel and the fault was mine. Anyway, the staff members were really friendly, and the dinning/living room great too.

In my bad wi fi connection (room 601, bed in right corner near window)

• 20th Aug 2015

The staff was very helpful with all my questions and speak good english. there is a small bar downstairs that you can possibly meet other travellers. the showers are great. only minor minus is the location but there is metrolines fairly near by.

Very good hostel, lockers too small for luggage... Very efficient and nice staff, I really appreciated my stay and strongly recommend it. Asakusa district is very awesome and accessible from/to airport (Narita & Haneda)!

The hostel is located near senso-ji temple and other sights in Asakusa. The train for the airport is 20/30 minute walk and the Ginza line to Shibuya is less than that. The female dorm is large although the lights near the door and bathroom work via a sensor so if someone comes in late it will turn on. The air conditioning was not good and I was on the top bunk next to it! The room was clean as were other areas and the communal kitchen is large. Only down side is the atmosphere.

Nice hostel! Thank you:)

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

Staff was incredible. Went above and beyond expectations to help out us foreigners!

Did not enjoy staying in the Western rooms compared to the Japanese rooms. Both were vile, musty smelling and inappropriately furnished. It was like staying in an old, dirty love hotel AC not working. Staff member wouldn't come to look at. Asked if we could downgrade into the dorms which were empty but she said we'd have to pay full price again to do this. Stay in Japanese rooms instead.

Great hostel in the Asakusa area with a cool vibe, which is well located near the subway and lots of places to eat. The reception staff were lovely, and happy to help with planning day trips or anything at all! I stayed in a mixed dorm and found the room and bathroom were clean and comfortable, and everyone was respectful of others sleeping. It was mainly travellers in their 20s staying in the hostel, but I also saw a family with older children. I would definitely stay here again!

My stay at the Khaosan was great! Staff very friendly and give great advice on how to get to places. Brings in a great crowd of travelers as well!

• 9th Aug 2015

I like thursday have music concert, can listen nice music and enjoy days with different country travellers. Their room clean and nice.

the hostel was nice. I got the upper bed in mix dorm and my bed was so noisy every time I moved. The thing i dont like is, I feel there's lots of dust on the floor. Others were fine.

We loved this hostel! It was in a great location and after a couple of days we could negotiate the subway- v. near the Asakusa line. The staff were very friendly and helpful and multi talented. The first night we spent listening to a live jazz band in the bar that provided excellent whisky and beer. The dining area was brilliant also, very clean, providing tea and coffe- a fridge to keep your own food and stoves and micro waves. It also had a vending machine for hot food.

Thank you very much for staying with us! And also, thank you for visiting our bar and Jazz live show. We are happy to hear that you liked us! Hope to see you again! Arigatou!

The hostel was very clean and the staff was very helpful. The hostel was a big large & the standards dorms are a big overcrowded. 10 people in a room and no space for luggage- everything ended up in the middle of the room. However, the place was super clean and the floors were spotless. Overall, enjoyed the stay.

Enjoyed the hostel experience, was clean, tidy and the staff were present and helpful. Met many good people there, so it attracted the right crowd too.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I've stayed here a couple of times now and I highly recommend it. The staff are friendly, accommodation is clean and tidy with a nice atmosphere. Asakusa is also a good area for sightseeing, dining and shopping.

Thank you for choosing us for your stay many times! We were very happy to see you every time you come back to check in. We hope to see you again in Tokyo! Arigatou!

Nice place and good value for money but the automatic light in the room was quite annoying as every time anyone got out of bed it turned on and was very bright. The individual lights above each bunk were also very bright and we shared our room with 2 girls who slept with their lights on. Other than that the staff were very friendly and helpful, the bar was a good way to meet other travellers and the big kitchen had everything we needed - even free tea and coffee.

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are very sorry about our automatic light . We well consider to change something with it. Thank you for giving us your advice. Arigatou!

Good location, comfortable common rooms, good services, friendly staff

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Spain

It was a great hostel.

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Tokyo. We are happy to hear review. Please visit us again if you come back to Tokyo! Arigatou! See you again !!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7