Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

We stayed here for three nights at the end of our trip. The staff were welcoming and helpful. The kitchen and lounge were inviting and a good opportunity to meet fellow travellers. Only minor drawback was the quality of the wifi coverage, but not too much of an inconvenience.

Very good place to stay. Not so far from the train. The best thing is the staff. They are all friendly and very helpful.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

I went to Tokyo alone and I'm from Thailand. The guy (staff) has done very good job in welcoming me. And it was so nice of him to tell me that he is somewhat interested in Thai food.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Thailand

respect other by not sleep late in night

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

lovely place and great staff.

The location of this hostel is very convenient, able to reach within 3 minutes from the exit of the subway. They have tons of facilities like the lounge, kitchen etc. and I'm very satisfied with the cleanliness of the place too. First time experiencing sleeping in a mixed dorm, I managed to know a few other travellers from different countries, it was a really unique and nice experience! Definitely will visit again!

The staff are really nice as well as the facilities. But it's a pity that we could not access wifi in the dorm room on 6th floor.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

nice clean wide bed no dust good survice from staff but quite far from train station ginza line asakusa line

I wish I had been able to stay longer here! The room themes are very cool, and they even have a manga reading room! Kitchen/common room area was well-kept, everything was clean. Reasonably close to subway/metro stops and shopping. Staff was very helpful!

Very friendly staff. Very clean bathrooms and comfy beds. Would definitely book again for my next time in Tokyo.

Very helpful and friendly staff. The neighborhood is more laid back than other districts which is a good thing, for me at least. The hostel is maybe too big, this is surely why the atmosphere is not that incredible. But I will definitely recommend that place.

Location is a bit far from subway station but pretty close to Tsukuba Express. Nearby has almost everything like 24 hr Donki and 24 hr supermarket, convenient store, matsuya, yoshinoya. Also a lot of famous restaurant nearby, pretty famous unagi shop is right next to the hostel.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

Great location, better staff, exceptional value. My home away from home can't wait to go back.

If only the upper bunk won't make the rustle and noisy sound when I toss and turn, everything would be great there. I love the complimentary of little cute hairband and tissue on the wash basin.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Thailand

The motion sensor lights in the room were not good. We actually had to remove some of the lightbulbs to sleep. The location is great, the price is great, and the rooms are a good size. The Internet also worked very well.

Was a bit hot in the kitchen (also a bit small for the number of guests) and there was a small problem with the WiFi during my stay, but rooms, facilities and staff were great! :)

Perfect hostel. Super friendly staff who will try all the efforts to help u. The atmosphere is also great. I will definitely come again.

Great Hostel situated in a strategic place to explore Asakusa and at a really reasonable, affordable price. Loved the beds and look of the dorm in general and the cleanliness of the place as well.

great hostel, great location, great facilities, really excellent kitchen and kind helpful staff. the pillows were kind of uncomfortable? but everything was wonderful

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The place was clean and the second floor was spacious, can't say much about the 4th floor, but it's fine. The Staff were very friendly and informative! We kept on bumping into Naho everywhere, haha. The Hostel is located in a very nice area, nearby the Tsukuba Asakusa Station and the Asakusa View Hotel. So getting an Airport Limousine and to certain places are easier. The 711, Lawson and Family Mart shops are also closeby along with a Bento stall too XD

• 26th Jun 2014