Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Great hostel! Only stayed for one night in a private room but it was very enjoyable. Average japan sized room and had all our own facilities. Great staff very helpful. Would love to stay longer next time!

Great place to stay! Lovely staff and great bar and common area. Close to the Asakusa market (4-5 min walk) and also close to the MRT. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Made a lot of great friends here and the area around has great food. The only negative thing was that our neighborhood, Asakusa, was pretty at least 30 min ride with the MRT away.

Slight walk needed to reach but totally worth it. Super clean, super nice staff and the best atmosphere. Would stay again 100%

i stayed in a 10 person dorm, so it did smell of dirty socks. no curtains so compared to other Japanese hostels a little less privacy and a little loud, but it was Tokyo. the bar was pretty nice, always gave out free drinks coupons and the kitchen was spacious.

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are happy to hear that you liked our Bar and Kitchen. But very sorry that we couldn't give you 100% comfortable stay. We promise you that will improve our facility for next time. Hope to see you again in another time.

We had a wonderful stay at this hostel. The staff were so welcoming and were extremely helpful during our stay. I would definitely stay here again!

• 26th Jan 2015

Pretty good experience here!Wonderful place to meet new friends~ Also Gooood location, cosy dorm & comfortable bed, nice staff who give me tons of help~ Thx a lot to Miss 大岛:-D (told me the cheapest way going to the big sight) & a young cool guy who also asked me for help( aswer a phone from China):P Will stay here again~

Great place, met many new friends. Bar was fun and staff were so kind!

• 20th Jan 2015

Good friendly staff with plenty of communal facilities including a bar, making it easy to meet new people.

• 20th Jan 2015

I really have enjoyed myself at the hostel. It was very warm during the cold season. Waking up was hard at times, since I was so comfortable.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Romania

Great Hostel, great staff. Very clean and cosy. Would definitely stay there again. on top you get a free Sake and they provide a lot of bathroom utilities (like Q-tips and dental floss) which are not necessary at all but let you feel like home.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Khaosan World Asakusa. Place was secure, clean and very friendly. Helpful staff too :)

Great hostel in the heart of Tokyo (one of the hearts...). I'm surprised with how good the quality was considering the price. Japanese hostels are getting cheaper, perhaps due to competition from airbnb. Fantastic news.

The bathrooms and shower facilities are awesomee. The kitchen and lounge area is pretty fantastic as well!

Chill atmosphere, aesthetically pleasing decor, and great amenities (24-hour hot food vending machine, free coffee & green tea, bidets in every restroom stall, computers, bar, strong wifi)! The beds were very comfortable (memory foam) and twin-sized, as opposed to the smaller beds at other hostels. It didn't feel cramped at all. :]

Great staff and perfect location if arriving from narita

Fantastic location, right near the action in Asakusa and walking distance to Ueno (it was about a 25 minute stroll to Ueno park). The staff were incredibly helpful and kind - they helped us with sumo tickets and led us to some pretty great (and cheap!) meals. The kitchen area was large, super clean, and well-equipped - looks like it would be easy to prepare your own meals here. Overall, a very efficient and well-run large hostel - highly recommended!

This was only my third hostel stay ever, but I really liked this one. It was conveniently located about 3-5 minutes from the nearest train station (Tsukuba Express line) by foot and about 12-17 minutes from Sensouji and Nakamise. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hostel itself had a cool setup with just about everything you'd need for your stay, plus some nice extras, such as each bed having its own light and outlets. They even had a bar on site. All this and it was really cheap!

I've had an extremely positive experience at this hostel. The staff are incredibly helpful and shower facilities excellent. I wish I had booked for longer!

Only addition to this great hostel would be a traditional onsen :)

• 6th Jan 2015

Directions to hostel were not as helpful as they could've been since train system is really confusing. Nice staff. Checked in and had free plum wine at bar with nice bartender. Went out exploring neighborhood for a few hours. Cool area near some temples and pagodas. Very safe feeling. Bed was comfortable enough (dorm room wasn't quite as "exciting" looking as depicted before I got there). Everything was generally fine. Got on wrong train to airport in AM, became a very expensive layover.