Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I love the accommodation. Very nice and convenient. Would love to stay here again if I come to Tokyo.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

In general it was a good stay and good Price. It was nice that people could buy drinks and coffee in the machines. The staff was very helpful. However, there are several things to improve. The room doors should be locked with cards and not keys, because people are tending to forget to Lock the doors always, even at night, which results in low security. The beds should have curtains, because people do not respect others and keep the lights on until late hours, up to 1 am.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Lithuania

Very good, I recommend! I literally fell in love with the staff, so helpful! The only thing is the AC set to 17°C but you can change that.

• 24th Jun 2014

It's a hotel, not hostel atmosphere. Really huge with 6~7floors in elevator. Jitchen is always full of kids, papas, mamas....

Great hostel, great staff very friendly and value for money!!!

Everything was good. Price, facilities, wi-fi, toilet clealiness and service. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and well maintained. Average for location not because it was very far from the metro or subway lines. In fact, its just 3 mins walk from the Tsukuba Express. However, Asakusa in general can be quite inconvenient since you have to get to shinjuku first most of the time. HOWEVER, if you're on a tight budget, i highly recommend this place. you won't regret it

good location and very nice staff!! the best hostel in Tokyo!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

The place was very nice and the service also.

The hostel staff is friendly but keeps it's distance. But the location, facilities and cleanliness is very good. The tempel is just 5 minutes away, the bus to the skytree is just around the corner and you will also find a lot of shops just around the corner as well (Don Coquote, 7 eleven, Daiso). Only negative aspect if you are a JR Pass holder: The area of Asukasa is outside of the JR area so you have to pay for the train every time. Only the Tokio JR loop line is useable with your pass.

Couldn't have been happier with my stay. Friendly staff, great facilities which were always spotless clean. Highly recommended to anyone wanting a safe, friendly and comfortable hostel. Also stayed in Khaosan Kyoto which was similarly excellent

Biggest hostel ever been. Good price. Very clean and safe but far from metro station (close to Tsukuba express line but quite useless). Staffs are helpful but I don't find them so friendly. They are main reception staffs and that's it! This hostel felt more like hotel as its size. I like that they have massage chairs. If u are looking for socialize place, here's may not be the place. Most of guests are Asian from China, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Korea. Should provide social activity for guests.

Great hostel with awesome activity program (all you can eat dumpling making and free cycle tour), handy location to train stations, down quiet back street with easy access to main street :) Thanks guys, will be back!

• 16th Jun 2014

excellent, staff are very helpful and nice..you can find everything required by a backpacker, I.e. cleanliness, strategic location, helpful staff, room is nice and clean.

Great staff, wonderful experience.

• 12th Jun 2014

Amazing people in an amazing hostel! Everyone should experience it. A bit pricier than I was originally looking for but worth every penny!

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Dominican Republic

I had a very bad experience with the night staff on how she handling late night guests. My suggestions: 1) Train the night staff to handle late night check-in guests in a more polite, comforting and professional way. 2) Get a TV in the living room (with sports channels). 3) Put up some curtains/sliding windows around the beds (just like those in Khaosan Kyoto Guest House) to enhance security and privacy. 4) Maybe some water dispenser/cooler in the check-in area and kitchen will come in handy.

Thank you for giving us your comment. We actually have a big TV at lounge room now!Thank you for your suggesting! And we are having curtains as well. And we are very sorry again about our night reception We all know that you needed to stay here one day advance but it was 12 midnight and we were completely booked on that night,so finding other place to stay and taking you to there was what only we could do. Please kindly understand our situation. Thank you again.

* very clean * very friendly staff * very good location

Every member of the staff that we encountered were wonderful! All were extremely helpful, incredibly polite, always cheerful and so friendly. They helped make this a really great experience for me and my family! Thank you to everyone and I hope someday I get a chance to come back. Best Regards Craig So

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Hi , I was stay 6/4~6/6. My name is SEO HYUN JOO, Korean, Female, my phone number is (82) 10-4100-8954. Actually, i met a new friend when i stay at khaosan world asakusa. I dont know her name, phone number, we arrived Korea together, but we are lost each other. Because we were promise meet exit but my last bus was leave soon. So I couldnt met her.. I want to know her number. If u cant give me her number, Could u please give her my number.. She is Korean, she s

• 4th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

This place was simply amazing friendly staff and people I would defs recommend this to my family and friends and would defs stay here next time I'm back in japan ☺️

• 2nd Jun 2014