Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Great location, great value for money and super clean.

Fantastic stay, staff were so friendly and welcoming! Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in too. Kitchen is really well equipped, bathrooms were very very nice, and the bunkroom I stayed in was in mint condition!

• 25th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Common room is very noisy due to some always-running ventilators. Our room was very damp / moist and smelled like an old bathroom which isn't properly ventilated. We expected more, the pictures on the site are somewhat misleading. We had the green-coloured private room.

Everything about this Hostel was perfect, EXCEPT for the bunks not having curtains(every other hostel i have stayed at in Japan has had this feature) which meant a fair bit of interrupted sleep. Apart from that the Hostel is perfect, very big, and very clean, has its own bar which is great. The location isn't too bad, with the Tsukuba express a few hundred metres away(takes you to akihabara, which you can then get the loop too). A private room would make it a 10/10.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Location, service, price, considering all those stuffs together, it was a very nice stay at this place!

I had a great stay at Khaosan World Asakusa and I would definitely stay there again! My only suggestion to the hostel is to install curtains on the beds in the 10 man dorm for the extra bit pf privacy. Cheers

I really liked this hostel. The beds were super comfortable in the 10 bed dorm- like memory foam! The showers were spacious and hot. There is free coffee all day. I returned to this hostel after missing my flight, and stayed in the 6 bed dorm. It was very nicely decorated. There are probably places you can stay that are closer to the main attractions of the city, but all things considered, I would stay here again if I returned to Tokyo (In fact, I did, after missing my flight ;) ).

Only stayed at Khaosan world for a couple of nights but really enjoyed it! The staff were very friendly, and the place was so clean! They have a small bar open in the evenings which was nice too, got to try Saki for the first time! Definitely recommend

• 18th Feb 2015

Best hostel I've stayed in!

The best hostel I have ever stayed! Good location, friendly and helpful staff, clean room and rest room. Perfect! I will choose to stay there again for sure.

This is my second time at this hostel and is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Conveniently located in Asakusa. Hostel has a great bar that features Jazz night every Thursday. Staff are very friendly and always helpful. Facility is very spacious and clean. I would definitely stay here again.

All things are good already. And if the hostel can do as small partition wall for each bed dorm, it will be excellent. And the bed's frame is made from wood so when any guests are moving while sleeping it will have a lot of noises which it will make most of guests cannot sleep deeply or better sleep. I think nearly all beds have a noise while guests are moving.

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Thailand

Very clean hostel yet I didn't make any friends there.

would highly recommend this hostel if you're on a budget but would like all of the luxuries of clean facilities and great welcoming feeling as well as a host of like minded visitors who are friendly too. the bar was great, don't forget your free sake. information leaflets helped us out too. would only improve location to be more central but maybe not the worse thing given that its Tokyo and maybe a smell plug for the 10 person room with a curtain around the beds, perfect other wise

The location is very convenient in terms of access to subway lines, restaurants and the Kappabashi area if you are interested in purchasing kitchen goods. The staff was helpful in booking a seat for me on a bus from the nearby hotel to Haneda airport. I stayed for almost a week and my hostel mates were friendly and considerate. I had encountered no issues during my stay and I would book this hostel again the next time I am in Tokyo!

This hostel is modern, clean, and has everything you'd expect and then some. If you want to stay in Asakusa this place would be a great choice, but if you stay in a 10-person dorm room be sure you know what you're getting yourself into and prepare accordingly.

Very nice staff. Clean room. Got confused abour train stations since there are two asakusa station using exactly the same name. One of them is 2 mins away, the other is 15 mins away. So make sure u get off the right one if u have luggages with u.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Thailand

Great location, great price, friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again.

The best hostel I stayed in Japan. They got it spot on in all areas. Staff amazing and helpful, making eye contact and saying hi to everyone. Great kitchen spacious and shower toilets are well laid out Located next to transport hub - airport train line nearby. No JR line but you can walk from Oeno in 20 mins for you JR pass holders. Great places to eat nearby

Very wonderful hostel!! Staffs are very nice and responsible! Though I love to live near the Ueno and Hibiya line more, the shops near the hostel are very convenient and cheap!