Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Enjoyed our stay in Asakusa hostel. The area itself is only a train to city center, but you still get an old world Tokyo feel. The hostel is located on a side street off a main road and was a bit hard to find. I would definitely suggest finding your way onto Tskuba Express Rail for the directions provided by the hostel to make sense. The hostel seems very modern and remodeled. Very clean and helpful staff. We always felt safe and really loved the hostel. Kanpai!

• 6th Jan 2016

thanks so much for a bootiful stay in a well run place! :)

Great hostel, all amenities were superb and also very sociable in the bar area, perfect place to make friends and stay for a few nights!

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Scotland

The staffs let me check-in and take a shower early in the morning even though the check-in starts in the afternoon. I felt secure storing my luggage here before I managed to get a room because the staff tagged a number on my luggage and gave me an exchange token with the same number on it. Nobody can simply get into luggage store room except staffs. There is wifi on every floor so the internet access is fast. The staffs smiled to the customers and I felt comfortable staying here.

Very clean rooms with ensuite toilet and shower. Big useable kitchen and nice bar space. Location is a bit out of the way, a very quiet area. When we asked for information at the information desk all she did was a Google search same as we could have done on our own, so we were mostly left to our own devices to figure out what to do in the city. Not bad but I'm sure there're better hostels in Tokyo!

value for money. good for short stay.

Room is not clean. Bedsheet is left over on the floor.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Thailand

staffs are very kind to us and easy to talk to.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Japan

i love this hostel. very clean and comfortable

GREAT experience. Everything went incredibly smoothly, was very easy to figure out, and everyone was so kind! Also, the water pressure/temperature for the showers is incredible.

Hotel far from tawaramachi station

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Thailand

This was my first hostel in Tokyo and i'm very happy that i chose Khaosan. Sure it was a little far off from the Station but ahhh what the heck. You got Don Quijote and Asakusa temple quite close to you and mostly you can get to main attractions on the line the hostel is at! + the showers, the beds were nice and the staff are great too!

The VERY helpful staff and friendly reception, immediately put you at ease, and make you feel that you have definitely made the right decision. I have already recommended Khaosan to my friends back home and in Japan. Thanks for providing me with a great stay! Paul S.

• 26th Dec 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever been to!

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Hong Kong

This hostel was a really great experience during my stay in Tokyo. It is in a cool location in Asakusa's historical district. All facilities are really good (huge kitchen, really good toilets & shower, confortable beds). On top of this, the atmosphere was tremendous as the hostel has a small Café/bar where all travelers can meet and discuss after their days walking around Tokyo. The only thing I regret is not sleeping in a capsule! Highly recommended, do not hesitate one second to go there!

Thank you for a wonderful stay. I really appreciated the friendly staff and the clean facilities. I was a little tall for the bed though, but again I am pretty tall person.

Good hostel, lots of facilities and everything you might expect in a backpacking hostel. Obviously still a hostel but a very good one.

I had a really great time at this hostel!! I came in for the trip alone and came out with some great new friends and stories! :) Looking forward to coming here again! Everyone was so friendly and helpful!

• 22nd Dec 2015

I was extremely surprised in a positive way of the effeciency of the place. Very friendly enviroment plus good service and comfortable installations. The place has succeed on top of what my expectations were. Keep doing like that.I will def recommend the place.

After two hours of arriving to this place. My shoes got stolen when I took them off to get in the share bathroom. I informed the staff and the manager response was simple "I do not care". Here is when all the experience the about the security, staff, atmosphere, facilities and value for money. After insisting to check the security cameras or explore the other rooms just in case if anyone took it by mistake. Surprisedly, they do not have any camera in share spaces. The place did not feel secure