Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The location is not covered by JR line. Lobby entrance was covered with smoke from the bar near the dinning room. Dinning room smells of food it's disgusting. Internet connection in our room sucks it kept coming on and off. They told us to go to the dining room instead for better connection. Room floor was dirty. The bunk bed made creeking noises when you move. The locker should have been made of other than steel because it produces lots of noises when taking out things, disturbing at night.

Thank you very much for your staying with us and give us great advice . Also,we are very sorry that you didn't feel comfortable to stay here. We will clean our room better separate our smoking area clearly for the next time . Our dining room is connected to kitchen since most of our guest prefer to cook their own food to save the budget . So we regret that we didn't show you other area where you can have a good Wi-Fi connection.Sorry again and we will keep up to make our hostel better .

Was great fun, clean, nice rooms, interesting mix of people old and young. They have a hot food vending machine, enough said.

• 16th Nov 2014

The facilities provided are great. Beds are a bit too rough for me. Very close to the Tsukuba Asakusa station, which is two stops away from Akihabara, very convenient

Legendary hostel with an awesome location, very friendly staff and overall great atmosphere. If you want to meet other travelers, this is the place - they have a cool bar.

Thank you very much for being so kind and helpful during my stay! I'll definitely come again next time I'm in Tokyo!!

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Serbia

Really nice place! I love it!

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Great stay at the hostel. Nice staff, good location. Really love this hostel. Recommended for single traveller.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

You can meet people or stay alone. It is clean and enables you to see Tokyo for cheap, cook in, drink at their bar, have a great hot shower or just jump into the bunk. No curtains, no one seems to care.

Seems like they turned this place from a hotel into a hostel and the whole building was great. One thing that really struck me was how helpful the staff was in suggesting good places to eat, where to connect for buses and trains, plus the fact that they organized group activities every couple nights for travelers. Wouldn't mind staying here again if I got the chance, nice place to spend a couple of nights or more!

Best hostel I have ever been to!. Comfortable and clean!

• 5th Nov 2014

Really helpful and friendly staff, would definitely return

One of the best hostel. The only thing that I didn't was the WC and shower in the room wich is really annoying when people come home 2 am or check out 4 am. Stayed for 2 nights in a dorm and couldn't get any sleep one of the nights.

Very clean toilets and very neat layout of bunk beds. Made my stay there quite pleasant 😍

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Singapore

Amazing staff. Cleanest hostel around.

staffs are nice, friendly. bed was confortable , and shower room was very good and clean lounge also great cause there is massage chair ( i used that everyday~) one thing i want to say , as you know, is curtain for each bed would be nice and really need~ i did not sleep well at night i really enjoy your hostel thank you

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • South Korea

We would love to stay here again. Our host- Ami-San was very friendly and helpful with everything! The hostel located nearby JR Line station and the great Senso-Ji temple (plus Asakusa area). The hostel also near several convenience store and Denny's restaurant with good quality of food. Pleasant stay!

I stayed at the 8-bed female dorm. It would be better if there were curtains to avoid waking others whenever we turn on the lights.

Staff helpful in findings things to do in Tokyo. A little out of the way from the main attractions I found but close to the subway. The cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in and facilities were brilliant. Would stay here again if I was visiting Tokyo. Suitable for family to solo travellers.

Great atmosphere and the staff was so friendly, would definitely visit again!

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Finland

The location is quite convenient gto travel around Tokyo.

• 30th Oct 2014