Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I dislike being confronted with you're rules when I check in. If you've had issues in the past its too bad, its just part of operating a hotel/hostel. Check in took too long 30 minutes is excessive. You can accept credit card's so why the insistence on cash? I did like the location, the staff were friendly and the laundry facilities are good.

The staffs are helpful and friendly. Location is quite good, only a few minutes of walking to sensoji temple.

The staff was great and the atmosphere was wonderful! My only concern is that one of the rooms we stayed in had a particularly bad smell. like cat pee really. Other than that, I have no complaints. The other room we stayed in was clean and didn't smell. We were close to the train and the subway which made getting around very convenient.

• 26th Jul 2014

We stayed here for three nights at the end of our trip. The staff were welcoming and helpful. The kitchen and lounge were inviting and a good opportunity to meet fellow travellers. Only minor drawback was the quality of the wifi coverage, but not too much of an inconvenience.

This was one of the nicer hostels I stayed at during my trip. Most of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I visited during a crazy heat wave and I read that 5 people died and hundreds of others were hospitalized throughout the country. Needless to say it was a hotter than average week, and while the rooms had AC, they took a while to catch up and get ahead of the outside temps, especially since they are shut off during the day when no one is there.

Nice place with good kitchen and shared bathroom facilitis. Helpful staff that speaks english. The location is not in the best part of the city so we ended up using the subway alot, but it has a nice temple area and lot of good restaurants. We stayed in a 8-doorm for females. The bunkerbeds were comfy, but the nightlamps are quite bright and lit up the whole room so bring a sleeping mask. The aircondition wasn't too efficiant so the nights were sweatty warm.

Very good place to stay. Not so far from the train. The best thing is the staff. They are all friendly and very helpful.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

I went to Tokyo alone and I'm from Thailand. The guy (staff) has done very good job in welcoming me. And it was so nice of him to tell me that he is somewhat interested in Thai food.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Thailand

respect other by not sleep late in night

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

Not bad, not fantastic. but OK. The wifi connection was excellent.

lovely place and great staff.

The location of this hostel is very convenient, able to reach within 3 minutes from the exit of the subway. They have tons of facilities like the lounge, kitchen etc. and I'm very satisfied with the cleanliness of the place too. First time experiencing sleeping in a mixed dorm, I managed to know a few other travellers from different countries, it was a really unique and nice experience! Definitely will visit again!

The staff are really nice as well as the facilities. But it's a pity that we could not access wifi in the dorm room on 6th floor.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

nice clean wide bed no dust good survice from staff but quite far from train station ginza line asakusa line

I wish I had been able to stay longer here! The room themes are very cool, and they even have a manga reading room! Kitchen/common room area was well-kept, everything was clean. Reasonably close to subway/metro stops and shopping. Staff was very helpful!

Very friendly staff. Very clean bathrooms and comfy beds. Would definitely book again for my next time in Tokyo.

Very helpful and friendly staff. The neighborhood is more laid back than other districts which is a good thing, for me at least. The hostel is maybe too big, this is surely why the atmosphere is not that incredible. But I will definitely recommend that place.

Location is a bit far from subway station but pretty close to Tsukuba Express. Nearby has almost everything like 24 hr Donki and 24 hr supermarket, convenient store, matsuya, yoshinoya. Also a lot of famous restaurant nearby, pretty famous unagi shop is right next to the hostel.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

Great location, better staff, exceptional value. My home away from home can't wait to go back.

If only the upper bunk won't make the rustle and noisy sound when I toss and turn, everything would be great there. I love the complimentary of little cute hairband and tissue on the wash basin.

• 3rd Jul 2014