Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Very clean,comfortable,and really close to some sites and subway stations (max 10 min walk). I loved that there was a comic books room,and a free massage chair near the laundry.there were free slippers for use in the hostel, free body wash, shampoo, hair dryer, q-tips, hair bands in the bathrooms, and free coffee, tea, green tea in the very well equipped kitchen.the staff was knowledgeable,friendly and accommodating.there's a bar on the ground floor which was a great place to meet people.

it was a bit of a nightmare to find, the address given on the website took me to a cafe a few streets away from the hostel. but the hostel itself was very good, staff were so friendly and helpful, a good social area and the showers were amazing. It was all very clean- possibly one of the best hostels I've stayed in!

• 6th Dec 2014

The cleanest hostel that I have ever been in my life (and I`m very picky about it)! Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff, excellent facilities and perfect atmosphere. The only "bad" thing that I would say about it is that in the room the Wifi reception is not so good, but, this is only in the room! So, it is fine! ;)

I really like this hostel. Stayed there for just a few nights. I wish I could've stayed longer. They have a bar on the first floor where every Thursday they play jazz for two hours, really good. The staff is amazing, they always try to help and they all are nice and friendly. If I ever go back to Tokyo I'll certainly stay there again.

Great big kitchen with computers. Has a bar. Rooms did NOT look like in the pictures. Very small room with built in capsule type bunks but locker also available for each person. Staff not very enthusiastic or friendly but 24 hours (if you wake them up.) :/

The location of the hostel is quite far from the nearest Tokyo Metro and Toei. However the hostel itself exceeds my expectation. It is clean and the atmosphere was awesome. Staffs are friendly and approachable. The connection of WiFi on my Bunk Bed is quite slow. (Room 505, Bed 6 if I remember it right)

Super friendly staff with excellent amenities. The hostel, including the rooms and the bathrooms are very clean. The one tiny flaw is the location. If you are looking for a nice quiet area, then you have definitely nailed the location of Asakusa. Else, you might want to consider staying near Shinjuku or Roppongi.

I've stayed at Khaosan World in Tokyo and the Khaosan hostel in Kyoto. Both were amazing and I would highly recommend them to anyone. Thanks guys!

A nice place with very friendly staff, good internet and clean. Dorm rooms are much better than in other hostels I stayed at. Many lounge space to relax. Close to train stations and heaps of restaurants around.

Had everything I look for in a hostel: attentive staff, good wifi, full kitchen, abundant information, ensuite in the dorms, relaxed vibe, space to hangout. Would definitely stay there again.

The manga room is super cool! Toilets and showers all very clean. Staff very lovely and helpful.

Great hostel! Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are clean, secure and comfortable. Facilities are excellent, especially the bathrooms and the bar! Had a great time.

Nice staff , feel warmth

Bed is very small for2, with the private bathroom without any hanger!!!

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Thailand

it‘s near the Tawaramachi station~the facility and the staffs are quite good. there is a super market nearby and we buy some food to cook in the hostel. but there is no elevator in that Tawaramachi station~so it's quite inconvenient for you to take the large luggage. however if you are a backpacker or don't care about this, it 's a very good hotel to live. and it's near the senso temple~

one of the best hostels i've stayed in. clean, comfortable, accomodating, and with an awesome staff

The location is not covered by JR line. Lobby entrance was covered with smoke from the bar near the dinning room. Dinning room smells of food it's disgusting. Internet connection in our room sucks it kept coming on and off. They told us to go to the dining room instead for better connection. Room floor was dirty. The bunk bed made creeking noises when you move. The locker should have been made of other than steel because it produces lots of noises when taking out things, disturbing at night.

Thank you very much for your staying with us and give us great advice . Also,we are very sorry that you didn't feel comfortable to stay here. We will clean our room better separate our smoking area clearly for the next time . Our dining room is connected to kitchen since most of our guest prefer to cook their own food to save the budget . So we regret that we didn't show you other area where you can have a good Wi-Fi connection.Sorry again and we will keep up to make our hostel better .

Was great fun, clean, nice rooms, interesting mix of people old and young. They have a hot food vending machine, enough said.

• 16th Nov 2014

The facilities provided are great. Beds are a bit too rough for me. Very close to the Tsukuba Asakusa station, which is two stops away from Akihabara, very convenient

Legendary hostel with an awesome location, very friendly staff and overall great atmosphere. If you want to meet other travelers, this is the place - they have a cool bar.