Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Great atmosphere - for families or backpackers. A little on the pricey side for a hostel, but for a private room in central Tokyo, not too bad. Staff were friendly, room was large, space to relax and a good kitchen area for making simple food. Would definitely stay again!

It's close Tsubaki express station. Hostel is convinient to walk for shopping and restaurant area. Staffs have a great service mind to help me for guide and keep my luggage. I booked mix dorm room if i back lately or hard to sleep you should be book private room cus i ll disturb the other. Overall i love this hostel i ll be back again if i have chance.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

The dorm rooms are spacious and the staff are nice. I just happened to have some inconsiderate roommates who woke up at 7am and made loud noises packing up and waking other people. Also we placed the shoes inside the room by the door instead of outside, my bed was close to the door so i can smell the odor. But otherwise I had a pleasant stay here.

Great place to stay. Good area

Enjoyed my time at this hostel. It's location was the only downfall, however it's a minor one at that since the public transportation is really good.

nice place but far from subway station

quite good

We had a wonderful 3 day stay at Khaosan Asakusa! On the first day, they had a Christmas party in the bar and I felt very at home with the hospitality of the staff. Will definitely use this hostel again in the future!

No additional comments would be given because this hostel is close to perfect.

The rooms were not as cool and pristine as the pictures show. Staff was helpful and beds were fine. The hostel was still a perfectly adequate hostel. Unfortunately, they split our group up into separate rooms, sad. And you definitely can still feel the remnants of seedy love hotel, though they did an admirable job of converting it to a normal hostel. And it is a little bit further (10-12 minute walk) from the more convenient subway stations of Asakusa.

The hostel was great, staff were really friendly and helpful and the location is great for tourists to explore by foot and is close to the train stations. Only negative aspect was the room sometimes was stuffy but other than that it was a great stay!

Staff speaks very english very good,very convenience close to grocery store and 1 min away walking to Tsukuba express train station.The hostel is super clean and bed is the biggest cozy than I have ever stayed in hostel before.Nothing to say more than Perfect!! Would love to go back and here would be my first choice.

The hostel is good. Everything is as shown. Is your roommates that's gonna make a difference in your stay. I had a roommate coming back very late at night around 2am. Made a lots of noises. On top of that there was a guy who snores very loudly continuously. I wasn't able to sleep well the whole night.

There are some indelicate people here that can wake you 5 times in the middle of the night without any care and that drink beers in the room in the middle of the night too. Room are not always keys closed by people leaving rooms that is causing a major security problem Some of my stuff that i have left in my room before changing room have been rubbered in my former room Atmosphere is poor as compared to other places i have been before in the surrounding. Facilities are good and staff is OK.

Everything was great here! The staff was really friendly. The room itself had individual lockers where you can store your belongings. The toilets, showers, and rooms were very clean and the subway station is about a 5-10 minute walk from the hostel. There are a lot of yummy restaurants nearby. I would highly recommend staying here!

It was much closer to Tawaramachi station (exit 3, in case you're wondering!) than it was to any of the Asakusa ones. We had a hard time finding it at first, but it turned out to be an excellent hostel! (Our dorm room smelled really bad of feet though, but of course we can't really blame anyone for that... maybe putting some air fresheners in the shoe rack could help with that. XD)

• 16th Dec 2014
  • claraptj

This place is clean. The staffs are nice and helpful. It is a 6 stories hostel that hosts backpackers, couples, families and groups. It has a kitchen, a dinning area and even a bar on the 1st floor. The place is nice, however, it is lacking a "backpacker" atmosphere. P.S. If you are planning to use the Tokyo Subway Pass (1~3 Days), the nearest station would be the Asakusa Metro and Asakusa Toei Station, both of which are about 15 minutes walk away from the hostel.

Stayed there for 3 days, the building look old from outside, but inside very nice.. facilities 4* Eventhough the location a bit far from MRT station, but we happy there, their staff great, very helpful and always great us with smile and happy face..

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel, but found that despite the signs noting quiet hours that even after talking to the noise makers in my dorm, it was still too loud to sleep

• 14th Dec 2014

Absolutely perfect... every single thing. Cozy beds, nice atmosphere...