Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the travelers are friendly I guess! The lounge area doesn't really have a nice vibe though, the smoking area in the terrace was better. Facilities are well maintained and clean, beds are comfortable. The wifi connection on the 5th or 6th floor (i forgot) in the 10 bed mixed dorm was really bad though... Location wise, it was good! Really near the station :D

It was so obvious that the hostel building was an old motel formerly(I even saw old sign of motel on the building). It had weird smell all around the elevator and the room. Also cleanliness of kitchen was so poor.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • South Korea

This is my first time to stay in hostel in Tokyo, and Khaosan world asakusa is a really fantastic place for travellers. All the facilities are well equipped, and I love the large common room that can meet everyone from everywhere

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

I stayed at Khaosan World Asakusa for two nights -- I was struck by how large the hostel was and all of the facilities available. The kitchen and bathrooms in particular were very nice. The kitchen was large, clean, and had a lot of room for cooking, and the bathrooms were very private (they were in the hallway, but had numerous toilets and showers each in their own private but spacious stall. The only downside is that the walk to the stations can be a pain, but the area around it is great!

We stayed in Tokyo for one week in this hostel, it was o.k. When you consider the location and the rates, it was a very good choice.

One of the best hostels in the Asakusa area.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

It's not a hostel, it's a hotel with a vampire-like feel converted into a hostel (and good price too :)

Great stay, great staff, great facilities!

very accommodating. if you have anything to complain about, then you are probably high maintenance or you need to spend more money for a hotel.

• 16th Aug 2014

It was a great location, though the nightlife is a bit dull. Overall though, it was a wonderful place, plenty to do, and everyone was kind and caring. I couldn't ask for a better place to stay on my first time in Tokyo.

• 15th Aug 2014

Absolutely awesome hostel in all aspects. Will definitely stay here again!

The common room on each floor and the bar are a bit small

The staff is pretty great and the hostel is very near to the train station. Having a unisex shared bathroom was kind of weird at first sight, but it wasn't as awkward as I thought it'd be. The only downside to this hostel was some rude guests from Germany, but I'd recommend this hostel to anyone! There's a great don quijote nearby, it's probably one of my favourite things from Japan haha

Me and a friend stayed 2 nights at Khaosan World Hostel and it was by far one of the best hostel i ever stayed in. We were in a deluxe dorm and the beds were comfy, the room clean and the facilities second to none. Huge kitchen and dining room with free tea and coffee, quaint little bar, laundry room, manga room and the staff are really nice and helpful. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Fantastic hostel. The facilities were amazing - there's even a free massage chair and manga library! Lots of spaces to socialise and a big kitchen and dining room so the atmosphere is good. Most importantly though, the rooms were clean and comfortable. This was by far the best place we stayed in Tokyo.

This hostel was awesome. The staff was very good and always helpfull. It is near (not very near) to Asakusa temple. The kitchen is huge and very clean. The PC's are very fast. All in this hostel was very good.

The location was fantastic. Right around the corner from a great Chinese food restaurant, across the street from a 24 hour grocery store, and easy walking distance from Sensoji. The staff was very friendly and helpful and all the common areas were clean and comfortable. My only complaint is that the elevators are a little old and can close pretty abruptly without much to stop them.

Staff were lovely and welcoming. Always willing to help. Decent stay. Good location.

I planned my trip last minute during peak season so I had to stay at a different place each of my seven days in Japan and I can say without a doubt that this is the one hostel I wish I would have had an extended stay at. The place is amazing. Everything from the location to the staff (I think they're ALL part-time models haha) to the facilities. I mean come on.. They have a BAR! Whenever I get a chance to return to Tokyo again I will definitely make sure I have this on my list of places to stay!

They literally have thought of everything! Soaps, shampoos, washing up liquid and toilet roll always fully stocked (which often doesn't happen in hostels). They even have additional hand sanitiser stations on top of the soap etc. Great staff! A truly impressive hostel!