Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

if i'll go back to tokyo, 100%i'll stay there

This is a great hostel! Staff is very friendly and very helpful! This hostel offers everything you would need.

One of the best experiences in hostels I've ever had. Love the amenities and bunkers are like small rooms.

Khaosan World Asakusa is one of the best hostels I have stayed at: great facilities, good location, easily accessible and amazingly friendly staff. Good value for money as well.

• 30th Aug 2014

No it's not as pretty as on the pictures, but after I went to another hostel in Tokyo, I thought this one was awesome. The rooms are actually big and the kitchen is very nice. All the common areas (lounge, kitchen, comic room, etc) are wonderful. Chose this hostel, remember the rooms are not as cool as what they look on the pics and you'll have a wonderful time!

I strongly recommend this place. Very friendly staff and convinient location.

The hostel is nice and clean. Staff is friendly but I was disappointed with customer service. My friend accidentally forgot to pack her Nintendo DS when we left for the airport. She e-mailed asking them if they could send it to her by mail, explaining that she would pay for any expenses they had to make in the process. However, they refuse to send anything outside Japan, even though a post office is around the corner and we would cover all costs. This is very weird to me.

Internet is unstable at times. Wi-Fi routers probably all use the same channel.

Really big hostel. But still lots of space for guests. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Easy to get to from the airport.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the travelers are friendly I guess! The lounge area doesn't really have a nice vibe though, the smoking area in the terrace was better. Facilities are well maintained and clean, beds are comfortable. The wifi connection on the 5th or 6th floor (i forgot) in the 10 bed mixed dorm was really bad though... Location wise, it was good! Really near the station :D

It was so obvious that the hostel building was an old motel formerly(I even saw old sign of motel on the building). It had weird smell all around the elevator and the room. Also cleanliness of kitchen was so poor.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • South Korea

This is my first time to stay in hostel in Tokyo, and Khaosan world asakusa is a really fantastic place for travellers. All the facilities are well equipped, and I love the large common room that can meet everyone from everywhere

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

I stayed at Khaosan World Asakusa for two nights -- I was struck by how large the hostel was and all of the facilities available. The kitchen and bathrooms in particular were very nice. The kitchen was large, clean, and had a lot of room for cooking, and the bathrooms were very private (they were in the hallway, but had numerous toilets and showers each in their own private but spacious stall. The only downside is that the walk to the stations can be a pain, but the area around it is great!

We stayed in Tokyo for one week in this hostel, it was o.k. When you consider the location and the rates, it was a very good choice.

One of the best hostels in the Asakusa area.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

It's not a hostel, it's a hotel with a vampire-like feel converted into a hostel (and good price too :)

Great stay, great staff, great facilities!

very accommodating. if you have anything to complain about, then you are probably high maintenance or you need to spend more money for a hotel.

• 16th Aug 2014

It was a great location, though the nightlife is a bit dull. Overall though, it was a wonderful place, plenty to do, and everyone was kind and caring. I couldn't ask for a better place to stay on my first time in Tokyo.

• 15th Aug 2014

Absolutely awesome hostel in all aspects. Will definitely stay here again!