Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel, but found that despite the signs noting quiet hours that even after talking to the noise makers in my dorm, it was still too loud to sleep

• 14th Dec 2014

Absolutely perfect... every single thing. Cozy beds, nice atmosphere...

i found the staff at reception to be exceptionally welcoming and friendly. slept comfortably over the 4 nights i was there. the 10 bed dorm was quite large for the number of people. it does help that the beds were very sturdy, each bed comes with personal sockets (3 in fact) and light... small lockers are also available to place your valuables... definitely wld stay here again when im back...

Nice and clean make me feel comfort

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

Incredibly helpful staff! The bartender, Hiro, plays jazz with his band in the lounge on Thursday nights. Definitely worth catching! Room (8 bed female) wasn't quite as pretty as the photos, but it's really hard to keep a solid white decor nice with so many people going in and out. If you're looking to stay 28 days, ask about joining help staff. A couple hours 5 days a week nets you a free stay your whole trip!

• 9th Dec 2014

Fantastic hostel, Ive been all around the world and this is one of my favorites. Comfy beds, large kitchen, lockers, bar, helpful staff, lots of bathrooms, super clean. Everything was perfect.

Very clean,comfortable,and really close to some sites and subway stations (max 10 min walk). I loved that there was a comic books room,and a free massage chair near the laundry.there were free slippers for use in the hostel, free body wash, shampoo, hair dryer, q-tips, hair bands in the bathrooms, and free coffee, tea, green tea in the very well equipped kitchen.the staff was knowledgeable,friendly and accommodating.there's a bar on the ground floor which was a great place to meet people.

it was a bit of a nightmare to find, the address given on the website took me to a cafe a few streets away from the hostel. but the hostel itself was very good, staff were so friendly and helpful, a good social area and the showers were amazing. It was all very clean- possibly one of the best hostels I've stayed in!

• 6th Dec 2014

The cleanest hostel that I have ever been in my life (and I`m very picky about it)! Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff, excellent facilities and perfect atmosphere. The only "bad" thing that I would say about it is that in the room the Wifi reception is not so good, but, this is only in the room! So, it is fine! ;)

I really like this hostel. Stayed there for just a few nights. I wish I could've stayed longer. They have a bar on the first floor where every Thursday they play jazz for two hours, really good. The staff is amazing, they always try to help and they all are nice and friendly. If I ever go back to Tokyo I'll certainly stay there again.

Great big kitchen with computers. Has a bar. Rooms did NOT look like in the pictures. Very small room with built in capsule type bunks but locker also available for each person. Staff not very enthusiastic or friendly but 24 hours (if you wake them up.) :/

The location of the hostel is quite far from the nearest Tokyo Metro and Toei. However the hostel itself exceeds my expectation. It is clean and the atmosphere was awesome. Staffs are friendly and approachable. The connection of WiFi on my Bunk Bed is quite slow. (Room 505, Bed 6 if I remember it right)

Super friendly staff with excellent amenities. The hostel, including the rooms and the bathrooms are very clean. The one tiny flaw is the location. If you are looking for a nice quiet area, then you have definitely nailed the location of Asakusa. Else, you might want to consider staying near Shinjuku or Roppongi.

I've stayed at Khaosan World in Tokyo and the Khaosan hostel in Kyoto. Both were amazing and I would highly recommend them to anyone. Thanks guys!

A nice place with very friendly staff, good internet and clean. Dorm rooms are much better than in other hostels I stayed at. Many lounge space to relax. Close to train stations and heaps of restaurants around.

Had everything I look for in a hostel: attentive staff, good wifi, full kitchen, abundant information, ensuite in the dorms, relaxed vibe, space to hangout. Would definitely stay there again.

The manga room is super cool! Toilets and showers all very clean. Staff very lovely and helpful.

Great hostel! Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are clean, secure and comfortable. Facilities are excellent, especially the bathrooms and the bar! Had a great time.

Nice staff , feel warmth

Bed is very small for2, with the private bathroom without any hanger!!!

• 21st Nov 2014