Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Nothing wrong with the hostel but it felt more like a hotel. Groups and families typically stay here so it's a little different from other hostels I've been to which were more popular with solo travelers.

• 15th May 2014

Nice details on every floor that are worth checking out like a manga room anf massage chair.

Great place to stay at on a budget, there is an elevator, a big common area/kitchen, and the rooms are beautiful.

• 13th May 2014

Loved the hostel! Will bring more students from the USA next yar!

Very convenient location to major tourist destination, however the nearest JR line station is located somewhat far (Ueno Station). Hostel is clean. Lockers are provided with keys, so you don't have to bring your own locker. Kitchen/social area is huge, very well equipped. I can easily recommend it.

As I find the rail lines easier to get around by, this particular location costs a little bit more to get to as the closest line is an express line. This chain appears to have various other locations in Tokyo, so if the service is similar, I may consider staying at a location more suited to my travel style.

It took me forever to get there... It's not easy to find. The beds are really comfy, but I didn't sleep that well because there's an automatic light in the dorm. So everytime someone gets up / comes back late, the lights turn on...

Very very nice Hostel. Diffrent types of rooms. Some are very stylish and in japanese style. Free Q-Tips, hairbands, washing powder and a hairdryer in all common bathrooms. The hostel is very clean and the stuff is very friendly and helpful. Had a great stay :)

A really good place to stay in Tokyo. Near to the temples and touristic places in asakusa. Very easy to get there. The staff is very kind and polite.

• 7th May 2014
  • Mexico

I am from Hong Kong and traveled to Tokyo along. The hostel isn't too close to the railway station, but still in an acceptable distance. Excellent cleanliness. I stayed at mixed 10-bed dormitory room before I moved to 8-bed female room and I think the former is comfortable than 8-bed room, although the female room has its own bathroom inside the room, it is much more convenient.

• 6th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very Clean Hostel, Loved the jazz night, and drinking in the common area. Could use a tv in there to watch random japanese things

A pretty awesome hotel, kinda feel like you are staying at a hotel more than a hostel. Really wish i could have spent more than one night there just because of the great enviroment it provided. Highly recommend the place. Staff was also very welcoming a friendly.

I've reviewed many hostels; this hostel deserves a 100% rating, excellent everything!

The staff at Khaosan World Asakusa Hostel were very nice. We were running a little late for our dinner reservation when we checked in and they were really understanding about our time restraints. It's a bit of a walk to the nearest stations, but I recommend staying here.

• 5th May 2014

Great location, short walking distance to metro station and Sensoji temple. Very beautiful room, with personal light and socket on each bed! The bathroom is also super clean and comfortable. No reason to not to stay here!!!

Great staff, good atmosphere. Location is cool but a little far from the center of the city. But still fun.

• 4th May 2014

Awesome place. Staff is nice an speak English! Rooms are very clean and nice. Same with bathrooms and showers. Atmosphere is a little lacking, with alotbof families with kids staying there. Nice kitchen facility and lounge area. Wish it came with a free breakfast like most hostels, considering what you are paying. Good prices though considering it's in Japan. Right by 2 main streets, and lots of little side places to get almost anything from food to clothes. Markets near by so you can buy food.

Khaosan World Asakusa was a nice hostel with a cool atmosphere. The facilities were perfectly clean, and the kitchen area is awesome. Unfortunately some of the staff didn't seem to have a clue what was going on. They took forever to check us in, and then later took forever to give us our keys. Also, the WiFi is spotty in the rooms which was a big let down. Still a good experience, however.

• 1st May 2014

Check out the location on google maps before you catch the train, be aware that there are several train stations called "asakusa" but they serve different train lines and some are far away from each other. The closest one is asakusa Tsukuba.

The room I had was awesome. I stayed in the [Standard 4 Bed Mixed Dorm Ensuite]