Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Very clean hostel yet I didn't make any friends there.

would highly recommend this hostel if you're on a budget but would like all of the luxuries of clean facilities and great welcoming feeling as well as a host of like minded visitors who are friendly too. the bar was great, don't forget your free sake. information leaflets helped us out too. would only improve location to be more central but maybe not the worse thing given that its Tokyo and maybe a smell plug for the 10 person room with a curtain around the beds, perfect other wise

The location is very convenient in terms of access to subway lines, restaurants and the Kappabashi area if you are interested in purchasing kitchen goods. The staff was helpful in booking a seat for me on a bus from the nearby hotel to Haneda airport. I stayed for almost a week and my hostel mates were friendly and considerate. I had encountered no issues during my stay and I would book this hostel again the next time I am in Tokyo!

This hostel is modern, clean, and has everything you'd expect and then some. If you want to stay in Asakusa this place would be a great choice, but if you stay in a 10-person dorm room be sure you know what you're getting yourself into and prepare accordingly.

Very nice staff. Clean room. Got confused abour train stations since there are two asakusa station using exactly the same name. One of them is 2 mins away, the other is 15 mins away. So make sure u get off the right one if u have luggages with u.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Thailand

Great location, great price, friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again.

The best hostel I stayed in Japan. They got it spot on in all areas. Staff amazing and helpful, making eye contact and saying hi to everyone. Great kitchen spacious and shower toilets are well laid out Located next to transport hub - airport train line nearby. No JR line but you can walk from Oeno in 20 mins for you JR pass holders. Great places to eat nearby

Very wonderful hostel!! Staffs are very nice and responsible! Though I love to live near the Ueno and Hibiya line more, the shops near the hostel are very convenient and cheap!

This hostel has absolutely everything you can expect from a good hostel. It was definitely one of the best hostels I've been to en my life!

Really fun hostel. Right on a metro line, though it's not the most central line out there... short walk to one tho! It was fully booked, even in winter, with a lot of travelers from all over, all of whom were a ton of fun. Beer in a vending machine in the main common area! Had zero issues with wifi.. We got in a little trouble for partying loudly until 4am and dancing on the tables but... that was kind of our fault! Really fun place, nice staff, and good connects to other cities' hostels.

I came back to this hostel for one day after spending several days in another hostel (wanted to stay here but no rooms were available so had to go to another hostel). In every aspect, this hostel is outstanding, and really worth staying with such a cheap rate (compare to other hostels around). Will definitely recommend to my friends!!

Great hostel, I will be staying here or in another Khaosan hostel next time I visit Tokyo. Helpful friendly staff, nice area of the city for daytime exploring and sightseeing. Not the best area if you want to go out all the time as it is a bit of a ride from Shinjuku or Shibuya BUT the hostel itself has a bar with free jazz night and good priced drinks.

Great hostel! Only stayed for one night in a private room but it was very enjoyable. Average japan sized room and had all our own facilities. Great staff very helpful. Would love to stay longer next time!

Great place to stay! Lovely staff and great bar and common area. Close to the Asakusa market (4-5 min walk) and also close to the MRT. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Made a lot of great friends here and the area around has great food. The only negative thing was that our neighborhood, Asakusa, was pretty at least 30 min ride with the MRT away.

Amazing Hostel, had everything you need from decent free wifi (in rooms as well) to clean rooms and shower and toilet facilities. Also had free tea, coffee, soy sauce, shampoo and liquid soap oh and free lockers. Was an amazing atmosphere where we got to meet lots of cool people. Would stay again and recommend to friends.

Slight walk needed to reach but totally worth it. Super clean, super nice staff and the best atmosphere. Would stay again 100%

i stayed in a 10 person dorm, so it did smell of dirty socks. no curtains so compared to other Japanese hostels a little less privacy and a little loud, but it was Tokyo. the bar was pretty nice, always gave out free drinks coupons and the kitchen was spacious.

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are happy to hear that you liked our Bar and Kitchen. But very sorry that we couldn't give you 100% comfortable stay. We promise you that will improve our facility for next time. Hope to see you again in another time.

We had a wonderful stay at this hostel. The staff were so welcoming and were extremely helpful during our stay. I would definitely stay here again!

• 26th Jan 2015

Pretty good experience here!Wonderful place to meet new friends~ Also Gooood location, cosy dorm & comfortable bed, nice staff who give me tons of help~ Thx a lot to Miss 大岛:-D (told me the cheapest way going to the big sight) & a young cool guy who also asked me for help( aswer a phone from China):P Will stay here again~

Great place, met many new friends. Bar was fun and staff were so kind!

• 20th Jan 2015