Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

This was only my third hostel stay ever, but I really liked this one. It was conveniently located about 3-5 minutes from the nearest train station (Tsukuba Express line) by foot and about 12-17 minutes from Sensouji and Nakamise. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hostel itself had a cool setup with just about everything you'd need for your stay, plus some nice extras, such as each bed having its own light and outlets. They even had a bar on site. All this and it was really cheap!

I've had an extremely positive experience at this hostel. The staff are incredibly helpful and shower facilities excellent. I wish I had booked for longer!

Only addition to this great hostel would be a traditional onsen :)

• 6th Jan 2015

Directions to hostel were not as helpful as they could've been since train system is really confusing. Nice staff. Checked in and had free plum wine at bar with nice bartender. Went out exploring neighborhood for a few hours. Cool area near some temples and pagodas. Very safe feeling. Bed was comfortable enough (dorm room wasn't quite as "exciting" looking as depicted before I got there). Everything was generally fine. Got on wrong train to airport in AM, became a very expensive layover.

Staff was the highest point in my stay. They were polite and ready to help when needed. The room was clean and people followed the rules with no problem, wich made our stay more confortable. The wifi is good quality high speed, and works in every floor and in common areas, such as the cafeteria and the laundry room (there's even a massage chair there!). I was very satisfied with Khaosan World!

Stayed in a double room with ensuite. Good facilities. It's pretty rare to find a double room in a hostel, so this was great. Nice to have our own space after staying other places around Eastern Japan with a lot of shared facilities and shared spaces.

The hostel is well-located (ten minutes walk from the metro station and very close to Asakusa temple). The staff is very friendly and there is a bar and a kitchen in the first floor. I really enjoyed my stay there. However, the Wi-Fi is quite unstable and I had difficulties logging on the Internet at times but this was a small issue overall.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Great atmosphere - for families or backpackers. A little on the pricey side for a hostel, but for a private room in central Tokyo, not too bad. Staff were friendly, room was large, space to relax and a good kitchen area for making simple food. Would definitely stay again!

It's close Tsubaki express station. Hostel is convinient to walk for shopping and restaurant area. Staffs have a great service mind to help me for guide and keep my luggage. I booked mix dorm room if i back lately or hard to sleep you should be book private room cus i ll disturb the other. Overall i love this hostel i ll be back again if i have chance.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

The dorm rooms are spacious and the staff are nice. I just happened to have some inconsiderate roommates who woke up at 7am and made loud noises packing up and waking other people. Also we placed the shoes inside the room by the door instead of outside, my bed was close to the door so i can smell the odor. But otherwise I had a pleasant stay here.

Great hostel - fab location, clean and comfortable rooms/facilities and the staff were brilliant. Lots of thought had gone into every detail of your stay and it really showed. Thoroughly recommended!

Great place to stay. Good area

Enjoyed my time at this hostel. It's location was the only downfall, however it's a minor one at that since the public transportation is really good.

nice place but far from subway station

quite good

We had a wonderful 3 day stay at Khaosan Asakusa! On the first day, they had a Christmas party in the bar and I felt very at home with the hospitality of the staff. Will definitely use this hostel again in the future!

No additional comments would be given because this hostel is close to perfect.

The rooms were not as cool and pristine as the pictures show. Staff was helpful and beds were fine. The hostel was still a perfectly adequate hostel. Unfortunately, they split our group up into separate rooms, sad. And you definitely can still feel the remnants of seedy love hotel, though they did an admirable job of converting it to a normal hostel. And it is a little bit further (10-12 minute walk) from the more convenient subway stations of Asakusa.

The hostel was great, staff were really friendly and helpful and the location is great for tourists to explore by foot and is close to the train stations. Only negative aspect was the room sometimes was stuffy but other than that it was a great stay!

Staff speaks very english very good,very convenience close to grocery store and 1 min away walking to Tsukuba express train station.The hostel is super clean and bed is the biggest cozy than I have ever stayed in hostel before.Nothing to say more than Perfect!! Would love to go back and here would be my first choice.