Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

In Japan it is very important to be close to a JR Train Station. This hostel is more than 20 minutes walk of nearest one (there is a closer station, but it is not covered by the JR pass). Everything else is awesome. The staff is very nice, friendly, helpful. Funny, even. I liked. They have a nice pub, where the guests can have one free sake every night. It creates a good atmosphere. I felt at ease there. Good bedrooms and a very good galley. I totally recommend it.

It is well connected with a few train lines and is very accessible.

Really awesome hostel. More like a hotel with some dorm rooms really. Very clean at all times and very comfortable and warm. Nice common area and large kitchen and plenty of toilets/bathrooms for all the guests. The bar was chill but fun and a good area to make friends. The staff are very friendly and more than happy to help with whatever you need. Asakusa is a great place to start if its your first time in Tokyo, as its a lot more relaxed and a nice retreat from the busier areas.

This was my first time staying in hostel. And I didn't expect stayed in hostel as comfortable as I stayed in Khaosan World. Clean, helpful, facilities exactly what we need

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Indonesia

very friendly stuff

great hostel and staff

Everything about the hostel is great! Ansowme staff, common room, everything.

Second time staying at this Hostel. It was a very good time.

The position of GE hostel is vero cool, in 2 mins by feet you will be in The middle of Asakusa and to The subway to move everywhere. I've stayed in The hostel five days and i can say it is clean, The personnel is very Kindly and always help. Thanks!

• 28th Feb 2015

Great location, great value for money and super clean.

Fantastic stay, staff were so friendly and welcoming! Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in too. Kitchen is really well equipped, bathrooms were very very nice, and the bunkroom I stayed in was in mint condition!

• 25th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Common room is very noisy due to some always-running ventilators. Our room was very damp / moist and smelled like an old bathroom which isn't properly ventilated. We expected more, the pictures on the site are somewhat misleading. We had the green-coloured private room.

Everything about this Hostel was perfect, EXCEPT for the bunks not having curtains(every other hostel i have stayed at in Japan has had this feature) which meant a fair bit of interrupted sleep. Apart from that the Hostel is perfect, very big, and very clean, has its own bar which is great. The location isn't too bad, with the Tsukuba express a few hundred metres away(takes you to akihabara, which you can then get the loop too). A private room would make it a 10/10.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Location, service, price, considering all those stuffs together, it was a very nice stay at this place!

I had a great stay at Khaosan World Asakusa and I would definitely stay there again! My only suggestion to the hostel is to install curtains on the beds in the 10 man dorm for the extra bit pf privacy. Cheers

I really liked this hostel. The beds were super comfortable in the 10 bed dorm- like memory foam! The showers were spacious and hot. There is free coffee all day. I returned to this hostel after missing my flight, and stayed in the 6 bed dorm. It was very nicely decorated. There are probably places you can stay that are closer to the main attractions of the city, but all things considered, I would stay here again if I returned to Tokyo (In fact, I did, after missing my flight ;) ).

Only stayed at Khaosan world for a couple of nights but really enjoyed it! The staff were very friendly, and the place was so clean! They have a small bar open in the evenings which was nice too, got to try Saki for the first time! Definitely recommend

Best hostel I've stayed in!

The best hostel I have ever stayed! Good location, friendly and helpful staff, clean room and rest room. Perfect! I will choose to stay there again for sure.

This is my second time at this hostel and is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Conveniently located in Asakusa. Hostel has a great bar that features Jazz night every Thursday. Staff are very friendly and always helpful. Facility is very spacious and clean. I would definitely stay here again.