Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Great hostel w/ great facilities..specially the comic room n massage chair

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

This Hostel topped off my month in Japan. Great location, both staff & travellers were so friendly. I stayed in three different dorms all which were cool, some had ensuites but no lockers. Loved sitting in the massage chair whilst waiting for my washing! Staff were great with maps, sightseeing & places to eat. Would definitely stay with them again.

BEWARE! The pictures that this hostel show on their hostel world page of nice new rooms, represent about 10% of the rooms! Some pictures also show rooms where they have used coloured lights to hide how old and dated the place actually is, don't fall for it. Yes the place was clean, but the rooms are dated and very ugly. Also, the hostel is at the other side of the city from where the majority of the places that you will want to visit are and where all the good bars and restaurants are.

The staff very nice.

Very helpful friendly staff. I stayed in many hostels in Asakusa and this was definitely the most modern. Good clean beds and an ensuite in the dorm. I would stay here again.

• 20th Apr 2014

khaosan world is a VERY GOOD hostel, super big kitchen and clean shower room, stuffs are very friendly. I think will go back again!

It is rather a big hostel with good facilities. I stay there two nights, and it is a good place to stay if you want to be in Asakusa area.

Really good facilities.

we'll be back!!!!!

The photos in hostelworld look good, however, unless you pay top price, you don't even get to see these rooms and the rest of the hostel is just normal. So even if it was a nice enough hostel, the pictures were a bit misleading.

เดินไกลจากสถานีรถไฟใต้ดิน เตียงไม่มีม่านกั้น ถ้าจะฝากกระเป๋าก่อน08.00น.ฝากไม่ได้นะคะ เขาต้องมีสตาฟมารอรับกระเป๋า staff พูดภาษาอังกฤษเก่ง น่ารัก และแข็งแรงมาก

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

The best hostel I've ever seen. Great location, helpful staff and extremely clean. If you want to enjoy your staying in japan without spending a fortune this is the place.

A really solid hostel. Well located close to Asakusa metro, and with huge dorms, this comfortable hostel also has a small bar. Yet with the large size, it does not have the intimate feel of other hostels.

A lot of restroom: showering and toilet.

The hostel bar had a very lively and fun atmosphere.

The hostel is so friendly and make us feels like home, we can cook and mingle around with our friends in the pantry. Eventhough u hv to wash and clean ur dishware after using it, everything worthed. Surely be back staying there if im going to tokyo again.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

Liked that the hostel had a lift and I did not have to lug my luggage up any stairs at the hostel. I stayed in an 8-bed female dormitory, and there was sufficient space, and even a toilet and bathroom in each room! There are also lounges on almost every level; even massage chairs for travelers to relax on in the lounges. The dining room was large and could accommodate quite a number of people. Wifi in the rooms was not strong, and I always had to go to the common areas to use the wifi.

Really good HOSTEL. Clean, great location, really close to main subway lines and really friendly staff. :)

I enjoyed my stay at Khaosan World. The staff was very friendly and my room and bed were very clean.

• 7th Apr 2014

Too boring and not backpacer at all, full of entire families and older people or children. Good facilities, but for Japan they are just good. Except the italian guy and this other japanese dude, at reception they were not very helpfull and they should improve their english. The location is too far away from the nightlife (and tokyo doesnt have night public transport).