Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

so far from subway station

• 27th Oct 2015
  • Thailand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I had a great time at this hostel, it's very clean and taken care of. The staff is very nice and friendly. Totally recommend it, there is nothing i did not like about it.

Thanks for ur service and its feel comfortable and such a warm place.

• 25th Oct 2015
  • Hong Kong

it was good mostly but I was little embarrassed with that there's a man in the female bathroom on 5th floor. Of course he didn't give us any inconvenience directly but me and my friend felt annoyed. except that, it was satisfying.

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • South Korea

best place to stay when your in a budget. great place to meet different people and cultures.

• 20th Oct 2015
  • Philippines

I stayed for 5 nights in this hostel and in overall I'm satistifed with this hotel. Room is clean and quite spacious. You can also put your valuable things in the locker. Location is very near with tourist location (Asakusa) and station.

Great space and cleanliness. Staff was awesome and helpful.

Really enjoyed my stay. It was all very organised and professional. Staff were friendly and helpful. Facilities were clean an well kept. Showers were bigger and cleaner than I expected. Location was good to NE Tokyo and transport. All in all a very good experience.

Facilities are a bit old but they are well maintained. Value for money. Only two things to I disliked, one being that my bed is really dusty and the room has a certain odd smell.

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Malaysia

Very good service and good value for money

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Thailand
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Wifi cannot access inside guest room (the door is too thick and block the signal)

+ The location is great! there's 3 train stations within walking distance. + I also like that they have a Female bathroom on the 5th floor -- very convenient if you stay in a mixed dorm! - WiFi can't reach the rooms in the 5th floor! (but it can in the 4th floor) - request for a room on the lower floor

nice hostel and asakusa is great

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Sweden

I was particularly impressed with Hostel security. They have a 24/7 night guard on duty on top of the entrance that is protected by keypad after-hours. Staff is very friendly, fluent in Japanese/English and maybe more. Lots of residents willing to socialize and enjoy your time in Japan together. The hostel is extremely close to a subway station, so plus points there. Too bad it's not close to a JR train station (for all of us JR pass holders) but this is the next best thing! Will stay again!

Nice hostel, friendly staff, pretty close to transport links- JR, metro and other trains. The kitchen/dining room was pretty big, the bar is small but both good for socialising. I befriended a cat just outside the front door one morning, that was a nice touch.

Best hostel I've stayed in Japan, and one of the cheapest. Beware of the price changing around on hostel world, when I first looked it was £49 a night then when I checked again it was £15. Well worth it, it's clean, friendly and has comfy beds!! Not like other hostels. Very good atmosphere here and a large common area, bar and kitchen. Couldn't recommend this place more.

The hostel should try to organize trips that are available for the guest and different type of events. Just suggestion everything else waswas great.

• 6th Oct 2015

Our stay there was great! the staff really cool :), we had everything we needed. It's a really good & cheap place to stay, very clean and quiet during the night. Very good location!! thanks guys!

Excellent service provided by the staff. location near to the subway station. restaurants and bars near. room with private bathroom and shower is better for me, but you find shower and toilet in each floor if necessary. I suggest to change the stairs in the upper bed because it is quite dangerous after taking shower.

A modern hostel, big rooms (mixed dorm, 8 bed) with shower and toilet, not too far to one of the subway stops, but 5-10 minutes walk to the main Asakusa subway stop, 5 min walk to the big Sensō-Ji temple. Staff was helpful and kind.