Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Location, service, price, considering all those stuffs together, it was a very nice stay at this place!

I had a great stay at Khaosan World Asakusa and I would definitely stay there again! My only suggestion to the hostel is to install curtains on the beds in the 10 man dorm for the extra bit pf privacy. Cheers

I really liked this hostel. The beds were super comfortable in the 10 bed dorm- like memory foam! The showers were spacious and hot. There is free coffee all day. I returned to this hostel after missing my flight, and stayed in the 6 bed dorm. It was very nicely decorated. There are probably places you can stay that are closer to the main attractions of the city, but all things considered, I would stay here again if I returned to Tokyo (In fact, I did, after missing my flight ;) ).

Only stayed at Khaosan world for a couple of nights but really enjoyed it! The staff were very friendly, and the place was so clean! They have a small bar open in the evenings which was nice too, got to try Saki for the first time! Definitely recommend

Best hostel I've stayed in!

The best hostel I have ever stayed! Good location, friendly and helpful staff, clean room and rest room. Perfect! I will choose to stay there again for sure.

This is my second time at this hostel and is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Conveniently located in Asakusa. Hostel has a great bar that features Jazz night every Thursday. Staff are very friendly and always helpful. Facility is very spacious and clean. I would definitely stay here again.

All things are good already. And if the hostel can do as small partition wall for each bed dorm, it will be excellent. And the bed's frame is made from wood so when any guests are moving while sleeping it will have a lot of noises which it will make most of guests cannot sleep deeply or better sleep. I think nearly all beds have a noise while guests are moving.

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Thailand

Very clean hostel yet I didn't make any friends there.

would highly recommend this hostel if you're on a budget but would like all of the luxuries of clean facilities and great welcoming feeling as well as a host of like minded visitors who are friendly too. the bar was great, don't forget your free sake. information leaflets helped us out too. would only improve location to be more central but maybe not the worse thing given that its Tokyo and maybe a smell plug for the 10 person room with a curtain around the beds, perfect other wise

The location is very convenient in terms of access to subway lines, restaurants and the Kappabashi area if you are interested in purchasing kitchen goods. The staff was helpful in booking a seat for me on a bus from the nearby hotel to Haneda airport. I stayed for almost a week and my hostel mates were friendly and considerate. I had encountered no issues during my stay and I would book this hostel again the next time I am in Tokyo!

This hostel is modern, clean, and has everything you'd expect and then some. If you want to stay in Asakusa this place would be a great choice, but if you stay in a 10-person dorm room be sure you know what you're getting yourself into and prepare accordingly.

Very nice staff. Clean room. Got confused abour train stations since there are two asakusa station using exactly the same name. One of them is 2 mins away, the other is 15 mins away. So make sure u get off the right one if u have luggages with u.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Thailand

Great location, great price, friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again.

The best hostel I stayed in Japan. They got it spot on in all areas. Staff amazing and helpful, making eye contact and saying hi to everyone. Great kitchen spacious and shower toilets are well laid out Located next to transport hub - airport train line nearby. No JR line but you can walk from Oeno in 20 mins for you JR pass holders. Great places to eat nearby

Very wonderful hostel!! Staffs are very nice and responsible! Though I love to live near the Ueno and Hibiya line more, the shops near the hostel are very convenient and cheap!

This hostel has absolutely everything you can expect from a good hostel. It was definitely one of the best hostels I've been to en my life!

Really fun hostel. Right on a metro line, though it's not the most central line out there... short walk to one tho! It was fully booked, even in winter, with a lot of travelers from all over, all of whom were a ton of fun. Beer in a vending machine in the main common area! Had zero issues with wifi.. We got in a little trouble for partying loudly until 4am and dancing on the tables but... that was kind of our fault! Really fun place, nice staff, and good connects to other cities' hostels.

I came back to this hostel for one day after spending several days in another hostel (wanted to stay here but no rooms were available so had to go to another hostel). In every aspect, this hostel is outstanding, and really worth staying with such a cheap rate (compare to other hostels around). Will definitely recommend to my friends!!

Great hostel, I will be staying here or in another Khaosan hostel next time I visit Tokyo. Helpful friendly staff, nice area of the city for daytime exploring and sightseeing. Not the best area if you want to go out all the time as it is a bit of a ride from Shinjuku or Shibuya BUT the hostel itself has a bar with free jazz night and good priced drinks.