Khaosan World Asakusa HOSTEL Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Good friendly staff with plenty of communal facilities including a bar, making it easy to meet new people.

• 20th Jan 2015

I really have enjoyed myself at the hostel. It was very warm during the cold season. Waking up was hard at times, since I was so comfortable.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Romania

Great Hostel, great staff. Very clean and cosy. Would definitely stay there again. on top you get a free Sake and they provide a lot of bathroom utilities (like Q-tips and dental floss) which are not necessary at all but let you feel like home.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Khaosan World Asakusa. Place was secure, clean and very friendly. Helpful staff too :)

Great hostel in the heart of Tokyo (one of the hearts...). I'm surprised with how good the quality was considering the price. Japanese hostels are getting cheaper, perhaps due to competition from airbnb. Fantastic news.

The bathrooms and shower facilities are awesomee. The kitchen and lounge area is pretty fantastic as well!

Chill atmosphere, aesthetically pleasing decor, and great amenities (24-hour hot food vending machine, free coffee & green tea, bidets in every restroom stall, computers, bar, strong wifi)! The beds were very comfortable (memory foam) and twin-sized, as opposed to the smaller beds at other hostels. It didn't feel cramped at all. :]

Great staff and perfect location if arriving from narita

Fantastic location, right near the action in Asakusa and walking distance to Ueno (it was about a 25 minute stroll to Ueno park). The staff were incredibly helpful and kind - they helped us with sumo tickets and led us to some pretty great (and cheap!) meals. The kitchen area was large, super clean, and well-equipped - looks like it would be easy to prepare your own meals here. Overall, a very efficient and well-run large hostel - highly recommended!

This was only my third hostel stay ever, but I really liked this one. It was conveniently located about 3-5 minutes from the nearest train station (Tsukuba Express line) by foot and about 12-17 minutes from Sensouji and Nakamise. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hostel itself had a cool setup with just about everything you'd need for your stay, plus some nice extras, such as each bed having its own light and outlets. They even had a bar on site. All this and it was really cheap!

I've had an extremely positive experience at this hostel. The staff are incredibly helpful and shower facilities excellent. I wish I had booked for longer!

Only addition to this great hostel would be a traditional onsen :)

• 6th Jan 2015

Directions to hostel were not as helpful as they could've been since train system is really confusing. Nice staff. Checked in and had free plum wine at bar with nice bartender. Went out exploring neighborhood for a few hours. Cool area near some temples and pagodas. Very safe feeling. Bed was comfortable enough (dorm room wasn't quite as "exciting" looking as depicted before I got there). Everything was generally fine. Got on wrong train to airport in AM, became a very expensive layover.

Staff was the highest point in my stay. They were polite and ready to help when needed. The room was clean and people followed the rules with no problem, wich made our stay more confortable. The wifi is good quality high speed, and works in every floor and in common areas, such as the cafeteria and the laundry room (there's even a massage chair there!). I was very satisfied with Khaosan World!

Stayed in a double room with ensuite. Good facilities. It's pretty rare to find a double room in a hostel, so this was great. Nice to have our own space after staying other places around Eastern Japan with a lot of shared facilities and shared spaces.

The hostel is well-located (ten minutes walk from the metro station and very close to Asakusa temple). The staff is very friendly and there is a bar and a kitchen in the first floor. I really enjoyed my stay there. However, the Wi-Fi is quite unstable and I had difficulties logging on the Internet at times but this was a small issue overall.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Great atmosphere - for families or backpackers. A little on the pricey side for a hostel, but for a private room in central Tokyo, not too bad. Staff were friendly, room was large, space to relax and a good kitchen area for making simple food. Would definitely stay again!

It's close Tsubaki express station. Hostel is convinient to walk for shopping and restaurant area. Staffs have a great service mind to help me for guide and keep my luggage. I booked mix dorm room if i back lately or hard to sleep you should be book private room cus i ll disturb the other. Overall i love this hostel i ll be back again if i have chance.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

The dorm rooms are spacious and the staff are nice. I just happened to have some inconsiderate roommates who woke up at 7am and made loud noises packing up and waking other people. Also we placed the shoes inside the room by the door instead of outside, my bed was close to the door so i can smell the odor. But otherwise I had a pleasant stay here.

Great hostel - fab location, clean and comfortable rooms/facilities and the staff were brilliant. Lots of thought had gone into every detail of your stay and it really showed. Thoroughly recommended!