Khaosan World Asakusa RYOKAN Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Staff is wonderful, help you in any way.

Very satisfied with the stay. Staff speak fluent English.

อยู่ไกลจากสถานี Asakusa หากกระเป๋าใหญ่จะขนลำบาก พนักงานพูดภาษาอังกฤษได้ดี มีความ Friendly

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Thailand

Need to upgrade the lounge, i think it's a bit dark.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Indonesia

I booked 2 nights at this hostel but i only can sleep 1 night because of the typhoon. thank god the staff didn't charge me because of my sudden cancellation. overall, this place was good. i sleep at the ryokan room. staff is friendly. and we can buy food in food box in the main area. i suggest the management add the curtain in every bunkbed ;)

Awesome stay at Khaosan, friendly staff, clean bathrooms, good kitchen facilities, plus all the guests seemed to be jet lagged so never had problems with noise. I stayed in a 6-bed dorm and had no problems keeping my stuff safe in the lockers, they are quite big. I was apprehensive about the lack of all female rooms but it was absolutely fine, I didn't feel unsafe at any point staying here.

• 14th Oct 2014

This is a great hostel. It is very clean, has a good dining room (with lounge area) as well as a separate lounge. Sociable and friendly, with vending machines dispensing cold beer and hot chips - what more can you want? It also has lots of washing machines and tumble driers and immacualtely clean rooms. Conveniently located for the Ginza Line (only two stops to Ueno) and the Tskuba Express line, this is a great place and I would definitely stay here again.

I spent two nights at one of the 6-bed dorms because I could not book any dorm-bed for Khaosan World Hostel: both the ryokan and the hostel are in the same building. Overall, it was a good stay at this Ryokan-style accommodation. More details were posted at TripAdvisor.

Awesome, friendly and clean hostel!

great place, facilities, neighborhood and staff, I'd definitely recommend it.

great hostel, and staff , loved the room, the only bad thing was the tatami did smell a bit strong. but i would happily come back

I was very satisfied with the service!

very good place that i can find in Tokyo Japan and the staff very nice^^ hope to come back again

Very very clean and good location in Tokyo. I enjoyed the decor, gave the hostel a neat vibe. Wonderful clean bathroom facilities, super comfy beds, and a cute kitchen area. Since my friend and I spent most of our time exploring we didn't get a chance to get involved in any hostel activities so not sure what they are like but many were advertised. A bit pricey but it's normal for Tokyo and you get what you pay for!

Unfortunately I can't review, I never stayed. We cancelled our stay, 2 days prior by calling the hostel and emailing, as the rules stated, then I still was charged for the full 2 nights, plus the no show fee. We stayed at another khaosan hostel down the street. I'm very dissapointed in this level of customer service, and have emailed a request to have a review of the matter, with no response. Big dissappointment. :( it's a shame that a computer actually runs the hostel, and not a human.

• 6th Sep 2014

Big ex-love hotel in the middle of Asakusa. Beds in the rooms are big and comfortable and the kitchen is pretty big too by Japanese standards.

maybe you can simplify the directions...they were a bit confusing when we were trying to follow them (even if they looked simple when we read them) that's the only remark we would make. Everything else was very good :-) Thank you for everything!

Perfect base for visiting Tokyo, I came with my kids 10 and 16 , and stayed in a ryokan style room. A really positive expérience. :) English speaking staff and and great facilities available for everyone. I'd go back. There is no comparing as far as prices go!!!

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

I really enjoyed Khaosan world's service and facilities. In short, two points that you may want to know: 1. It takes about 10 minutes to walk from the ryokan to sensoji , 12 mins toei asakusa line, and about 7 min to ginza line station. 2.If you're planing on staying in a private room, you'll want to think about the rate. It's low, just not as low as others. I personally enjoyed my stay at khaosan world very much. So if these 2 things are fine to you, Khaosanworld is an awesome place.

• 17th Aug 2014

Very spacious room for 4person. But I wish there is clothes deodorizing spray provided.

• 15th Aug 2014