Khaosan World Asakusa RYOKAN Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The hostel gave good directions, but it was still a little bit out of the way to get to and from.

Someone wrote the quarter is far from the interests of the city. Not true. A lot of to see in the neighborhood and the subway is at 5min walk. In 2 stations you are at Ueno and in 30 mins in Shibuya. The quarter is quiet but you have Don Quijote at 2 min walk and it saved my life when at 2 am I arrived and my bagage was lost by the air company. The staff were very helpful and help me to manage the problem calling the company and arranging the delivery at the hostel. Very clean! Go for it!!!

This is worth for backpacker and budget traveller to stay as the environment there is comfortable. It is recommended.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Hong Kong

Beautiful Japanese room. Great value.

Very clean, spacious room located 5 mins from the station.

It would be better if you would control the air conditioning every night, just turn it on and of at a certain time. Also breakfast would be nice and sometimes the English of the staff wasn't sufficient. The style was great and the chill out area too.

Location was great, rooms were amazing and staff were helpful. Wifi in rooms on 2F was kind of bad but good elsewhere.

Great place to stay. Great location and the staff was very helpful and friendly.

Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay in Tokyo! We are glad to hear that you like our staff ! We hope to see you again in the future. Arigatou!

huge place with good, big rooms. beds are also rather large. location is good, but the metro is about 5 minute walk away, the other one is only useful to get to akihabara (and tsukuba but i didn't go there) and even then it's quite deep underground. staff speaks really good english, some are really excellent.

The room was really nice and comfy (6 bed mixed) every room is different though. The neighborhood is great, convenient to transport. Most of the staff is great, though a few have less great English skills. I would stay there again.

Thank you so much for giving us your review! We are very sorry if had a difficult time to have conversation because of our English skill. We hope it wasn't a big problem. We are all looking forward to see you again here ! Arigatou!

The location is Superb, there are many eatery places, train stations just minutes away, shopping complex, ROX/Uniqlo and ROX3G/Sports street just opposite the road. Sensoji temple just around the corner and easily accessible to Tsujuki Fish Market, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ginza & etc. Water jet is good too...only drawback is no wifi in room, perhaps that's its strategy to make us mingle in the kitchen/dining area :)

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad to know that you visited many places in Tokyo and enjoyed the attractions in Tokyo. We are very sorry if you needed to use Wi-Fi in your room but thank you for your understanding and used it in our dining room. Arigatou!

Security was lacking as you could easily tailgate someone. The location is where many other hostels are, but still far away city center. Lockers come with weak locks and are extremely small. Shower was incredibly tiny. Bathroom is in room. The automatic lights are annoying as they turn off after 5 seconds and the relay. Bed is really firm, but I prefer that. The bed closest to door is the worst to be in so avoid it unless you like being woken up. No places to hang clothes to dry.

We are very sorry if our hostel wasn't your ideal place to stay.There are Pin code for night door and our guest who has key only know the Pin code and we have a strict rule for outsiders,also we have security cameras in all our common rooms . But if it's not enough as you write, we will think how we can improve it . We will re-organize our light in the room too. There are balcony for hanging clothes but it was our fault that we didn't give you enough information to you.We appreciate your advaise

The room booked wad not the room we got, instead the room advertised wad a room, one which we wouldbhave been happy to pay, and thought that we had. Pictures were misleading, but in general the stay was good and easy to get to places nearby and far off due to the close of the subway

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

A little loud and rowdy at the bar; good place for youngsters.

Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay in Tokyo. We are very sorry if the bar was too loud for you. We will try to keep it quieter . We appreciate your advice.

Was my first time in Japan and of course first time at the hostel they made my stay an amazing experience, the room was great, something in between a westerner hostel but with Japanese influence :) I loved it, everything nice and clean, the only one thing is that the wifi worked occasionally probably due to the people already connected at the same time but still my experience at the hostel was amazing, I might stay there again when I'll be back in Tokyo ;)

Thank you so much for staying with us! We are very happy to hear that you had a good time here!!! And we are sorry about Wi-Fi connection .We should have give you more information where you could connect better Wi-Fi. If you have chance to come back to Tokyo,please visit us again ! Arigatou!

This is my 2nd time stay there. The stuffs are very nice as always. They even offered me a free umbrella after I checked out in the raining day. Thanks to them and I will return the umbrella back next year (: Alone the same alley farther down, I found there are many small but cute restaurants...

The rooms are unique. The location is good for food, but is far(ish) from the city center. Close to the subway. I highly recommend.

Thank you for staying with us! Our guest house is renovated from a "Love Hotel" , so some of our rooms has unique decoration . We hope you liked it! Thank you again for your review :)

A great Tokyo hostel. A good bar and food facilities with super friendly staff

Thank you for staying with us! And also thank you for visiting our bar !! We are glad to hear that you liked our food vending machine. We will keep our service :) Thank you!

Fantastic hostel. Great staff and the atmosphere makes it very easy to meet people!

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you very much for giving us your review! We are very happy to hear that you like us. We really hope you enjoyed traveling in Japan. If you ever come back to Tokyo,please visit us again:) Arigato!

The wifi is very bad. Though it has a lot of Wi-Fi router, none of them able to connect.

We can't apologize enough to you about our Wi-Fi connection . We know that Wi-Fi is very important to people who is traveling. We got new system last week and it works now. We should have done earlier . Thank you so much for your advice.It won't happen again. We are very sorry again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3