Khaosan World Asakusa RYOKAN Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I loved this place. Been to a few hostels in Asakusa and this is my favorite so far. The staff was amazing aswell :)

Would be add the towel in room. No need to change everyday because people travel to japan get only 20kg for laggage. Help them to save some space for shopping. ❤️❤️❤️

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

Rooms with ensuite toilet should also have heated toilet seat. There should also be hook on the toilet and bathroom door to hang our stuff.

The staff was fantastic especially Keina, Daichan. Yoshi few of the names I remember. Keina was so good when I lost two of my kids at temple they found Hostel and just arrived. My kids did not have money but remembered my phone number and Keina was volunteer to pay 500 Yen to purchase a phone card and tried to call me. they all were very good and we had a chance to share Soochi with each other on one day at Hostel functions. Kitchen items were very good and very neat. we enjoyed.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Sri Lanka
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We were assigned a room on the 3rd level. When the lift door opened, there was an unpleasant stench! The decoration and color of the corridor area projects a sleazy atmosphere which puts me off immediately. We had a Japanese-style room. The room is understandably bare with mirror on the ceiling, another sleazy character, out of place for a family. I will not stay in this hostel again nor recommend.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Singapore

my booking was intended for a rrom with beds, we got futons instead. the booking page should be clearer about this. it worked out in the end, but not all of us managed to sleep well. after the fukoshima incedent guests should be made aware to use bottled water to brush your teeth and make tea. cant recommend the food vending machine. i tryed 3 meals, felt sick after each of them.

• 20th Mar 2014

Staffs are very nice, excellent room. Hostel is a little bit far from subway station for people who have a lot of belongings.

Really love u... will stay again absolutely

Nice, worth for money~ they should call this hotel instead of hostel~~~~

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Excellent hostel for the traditional feel. Friendly staff and atmosphere. I wish I had stayed there for longer!

It was totally goood! Thx for everything.

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • South Korea

I had a great time staying in Khaosan! They have such a cheerful, friendly and helpful staffs with fluent English that amazes me. The room were very clean and neat (I love that I had the chance to stay in the Tatami style room), the location is great, and most importantly they made us feel very welcome and happy. Super recommended!

very helpful front desk staff, in locating nearby restaurant, providing train information and always smiling.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Malaysia

Very helpful and informative staff.

• 1st Feb 2014

Thank you so much for your nice comment! We are look forward to seeing you.

Fantastic place and the common lounge room and kitchen is a fantastic place to meet people and join their adventures:)

I wish there were some larger lockers that we can store our luggage in. The tiny little boxes (accessible via key) we got are only useful for money, watches, etc. I would have preferred more space to store my souvenirs and other purchases I had made.

• 25th Jan 2014

All is fine

Great hostel will definitely stay again. Great facilities and location.

Asakusa is rich with history, so this is an great place to stay. Near several local stations and there are plenty of food options nearby. Stayed in a 6 bedroom dorm that was very clean, had a private toilet/shower, and in-room lockers to store personals. Staff was very friendly and the common room is huge. Bunk beds had outlets next to your head, which is always a plus.

Staff were really friendly, good location and a decent price! Room was cool, Japanese style. Was in a good location near stations, pretty easy to get around Tokyo. I'd stay there again!