Khaosan World Asakusa RYOKAN Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

great hostel, and staff , loved the room, the only bad thing was the tatami did smell a bit strong. but i would happily come back

Unfortunately I can't review, I never stayed. We cancelled our stay, 2 days prior by calling the hostel and emailing, as the rules stated, then I still was charged for the full 2 nights, plus the no show fee. We stayed at another khaosan hostel down the street. I'm very dissapointed in this level of customer service, and have emailed a request to have a review of the matter, with no response. Big dissappointment. :( it's a shame that a computer actually runs the hostel, and not a human.

• 6th Sep 2014

The hostel was absolutely disgusting. There were bed bugs in the beds. It stank a wretched smell that could not be removed via odor breezes. The ground was sticky, the slippers were old and felt like one could get athlete's feet in them, the wifi did NOT work in the rooms but literally just up to the door. The air in the rooms and entire hostel was musty, dusty, and not sanitary. Please clean the bedding, not just giving new linen because the bed bugs will go through them.

Big ex-love hotel in the middle of Asakusa. Beds in the rooms are big and comfortable and the kitchen is pretty big too by Japanese standards.

maybe you can simplify the directions...they were a bit confusing when we were trying to follow them (even if they looked simple when we read them) that's the only remark we would make. Everything else was very good :-) Thank you for everything!

Perfect base for visiting Tokyo, I came with my kids 10 and 16 , and stayed in a ryokan style room. A really positive expérience. :) English speaking staff and and great facilities available for everyone. I'd go back. There is no comparing as far as prices go!!!

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

I really enjoyed Khaosan world's service and facilities. In short, two points that you may want to know: 1. It takes about 10 minutes to walk from the ryokan to sensoji , 12 mins toei asakusa line, and about 7 min to ginza line station. 2.If you're planing on staying in a private room, you'll want to think about the rate. It's low, just not as low as others. I personally enjoyed my stay at khaosan world very much. So if these 2 things are fine to you, Khaosanworld is an awesome place.

• 17th Aug 2014

Very spacious room for 4person. But I wish there is clothes deodorizing spray provided.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Way too many people. Not the most suited place for a shy person to be around.

My whole family stayed for 2 nights. We enjoyed the excellent location and great value for money. We wish we could stay and enjoy Tokyo longer.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Japan
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This hostel is by far one of the best ones we stayed at in Japan. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and we loved our room. As well as the communal showers we also had one to our room which was an added bonus. Great location for getting around Tokyo. I would highly recommend this hostel!

• 3rd Aug 2014

I stayed with my family for 2 days in Khaosan World Ryokan in a private room for 6. The room was totally worth the price! it was super clean, and super convenient. Staffs were awesome! they gave us such a pleasant time during our stay. Their english were excellent! (you will find it very helpful, esp for tourist who cannot speak japanese at all). What we love the most was the map around the hostel and Asakusa. I used the map everywhere :) so all in all, I really recommend this hostel for sure!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

Really nice and clean hostel, with a lot of common activities.

Excellent facilities. They have a bar, kitchen, vending machines that also cook your food for you, 2 receptions, a comic book room with a massage chair, and laundry rooms. Very easy to meet other travelers. Super nice staff. I was put in a traditional japanese room which was awesome. Very very clean. This may be the best hostel i have ever stayed in.

i love the staff, they are very nice and fluent in english ! helps a lot.

Thank you very much for your staying! We will try to keep improving our hostel !!

Great people. The rooms are really nice, clean and have AC (thank baby jesus, it gets SO hot in japan). The staff is very kind, fun, and forgiving. I've seen plenty examples of this during my stay. The kitchen and bar areas are great places to meet other travelers. All in all it's a great place to stay and I look forward to staying their again next year.

• 1st Jul 2014

Thank you so much for choosing us! We are happy to hear that you had a great time here ! We are looking forward to see you again ;)

Located about 10 minutes from the Ginza Line walking and very close to Kaminarimon. There are elevators which are convenient if you have a lot of luggage. The tatami room and futon was very comfortable and the shower/toilet was inside the dorm room with shampoo/soap provided. Definitely would stay here again!

Great stay for the price!

• 28th Jun 2014

Not having stayed in a hostel for many years, I wasn't sure what to expect. However, I would say that this place is better than many hotels I've stayed in. Staff were really friendly and helpful, room was really clean and the kitchen was an added bonus.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Friendly staff, the room is clean n spacious and also have common shower room 24 hours that is free to use, overall we really exciting to stay here also our kids really enjoy there (especially with the vending machine)

• 26th Jun 2014