Khaosan World Asakusa RYOKAN Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Great place to stay. Great location and the staff was very helpful and friendly.

The room was really nice and comfy (6 bed mixed) every room is different though. The neighborhood is great, convenient to transport. Most of the staff is great, though a few have less great English skills. I would stay there again.

The location is Superb, there are many eatery places, train stations just minutes away, shopping complex, ROX/Uniqlo and ROX3G/Sports street just opposite the road. Sensoji temple just around the corner and easily accessible to Tsujuki Fish Market, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ginza & etc. Water jet is good too...only drawback is no wifi in room, perhaps that's its strategy to make us mingle in the kitchen/dining area :)

Security was lacking as you could easily tailgate someone. The location is where many other hostels are, but still far away city center. Lockers come with weak locks and are extremely small. Shower was incredibly tiny. Bathroom is in room. The automatic lights are annoying as they turn off after 5 seconds and the relay. Bed is really firm, but I prefer that. The bed closest to door is the worst to be in so avoid it unless you like being woken up. No places to hang clothes to dry.

A little loud and rowdy at the bar; good place for youngsters.

Was my first time in Japan and of course first time at the hostel they made my stay an amazing experience, the room was great, something in between a westerner hostel but with Japanese influence :) I loved it, everything nice and clean, the only one thing is that the wifi worked occasionally probably due to the people already connected at the same time but still my experience at the hostel was amazing, I might stay there again when I'll be back in Tokyo ;)

This is my 2nd time stay there. The stuffs are very nice as always. They even offered me a free umbrella after I checked out in the raining day. Thanks to them and I will return the umbrella back next year (: Alone the same alley farther down, I found there are many small but cute restaurants...

The rooms are unique. The location is good for food, but is far(ish) from the city center. Close to the subway. I highly recommend.

Thank you for staying with us! Our guest house is renovated from a "Love Hotel" , so some of our rooms has unique decoration . We hope you liked it! Thank you again for your review :)

A great Tokyo hostel. A good bar and food facilities with super friendly staff

Thank you for staying with us! And also thank you for visiting our bar !! We are glad to hear that you liked our food vending machine. We will keep our service :) Thank you!

Fantastic hostel. Great staff and the atmosphere makes it very easy to meet people!

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you very much for giving us your review! We are very happy to hear that you like us. We really hope you enjoyed traveling in Japan. If you ever come back to Tokyo,please visit us again:) Arigato!

The wifi is very bad. Though it has a lot of Wi-Fi router, none of them able to connect.

We can't apologize enough to you about our Wi-Fi connection . We know that Wi-Fi is very important to people who is traveling. We got new system last week and it works now. We should have done earlier . Thank you so much for your advice.It won't happen again. We are very sorry again.

Pretty easy to get to about 30 minutes from Shinjuku station, was very clean, and was perfect for travelling on a budget, would stay again.

Thank you so much for your stay! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here:) We are looking forward to see you again in then future !!! Arigato!

This was a great place to stay (excellent location and staff), but I stayed in both a hostel-style room and a ryokan-style room while I was here and did not find the ryokan room to be worth the extra money.

Decent hostel. Not terribly priced, but I hear you can stay at Internet Cafes for cheaper. Very clean, good facilities. Staff was fine. Good location. Would stay again, but no loyalty here.

Im so. happy to stay here. Super clean and tidy place that you can find in Asakusa area. And staffs are also super friendly. We will comeback to stay here for sure.

Thank you so much for choosing us for your staying in Tokyo! We hope to see you again in the future ! We will keep up our service until then:) Arigatou!

Adorable place... staff were very friendly and helpful. I really liked the traditional feel of the room as well, tatami and all! Will definitely come back when I'm next in Tokyo as the area was lovely too!

• 19th May 2015

Thank you so much for your staying !! We are very happy to hear that you liked our Japanese style room:) We are all waiting you to come back in Tokyo! See you soon!

The staff are great very friendly and helpful

• 15th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are so happy that you like us. We will keep up our service and try to get better and better! We all hope to see you again someday!

The staff are friendly and amazing

The staff was great. They always greeted us with a smile and willing to help out in any way they could. Keep up the good work.

• 12th May 2015
  • Malaysia

Big, bustling hostel really close to all the main attractions in Asakusa. Great staff, free lockers in your rooms, cool decor nice and clean, big kitchen; has everything you need really. They also have their own bar where it's easy to meet other travellers so it's really good if you're on your own. Highly recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3