Khaosan World Asakusa RYOKAN Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

maybe you can simplify the directions...they were a bit confusing when we were trying to follow them (even if they looked simple when we read them) that's the only remark we would make. Everything else was very good :-) Thank you for everything!

Perfect base for visiting Tokyo, I came with my kids 10 and 16 , and stayed in a ryokan style room. A really positive expérience. :) English speaking staff and and great facilities available for everyone. I'd go back. There is no comparing as far as prices go!!!

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Very spacious room for 4person. But I wish there is clothes deodorizing spray provided.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Way too many people. Not the most suited place for a shy person to be around.

My whole family stayed for 2 nights. We enjoyed the excellent location and great value for money. We wish we could stay and enjoy Tokyo longer.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Japan
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This hostel is by far one of the best ones we stayed at in Japan. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and we loved our room. As well as the communal showers we also had one to our room which was an added bonus. Great location for getting around Tokyo. I would highly recommend this hostel!

• 3rd Aug 2014

I stayed with my family for 2 days in Khaosan World Ryokan in a private room for 6. The room was totally worth the price! it was super clean, and super convenient. Staffs were awesome! they gave us such a pleasant time during our stay. Their english were excellent! (you will find it very helpful, esp for tourist who cannot speak japanese at all). What we love the most was the map around the hostel and Asakusa. I used the map everywhere :) so all in all, I really recommend this hostel for sure!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

Really nice and clean hostel, with a lot of common activities.

Excellent facilities. They have a bar, kitchen, vending machines that also cook your food for you, 2 receptions, a comic book room with a massage chair, and laundry rooms. Very easy to meet other travelers. Super nice staff. I was put in a traditional japanese room which was awesome. Very very clean. This may be the best hostel i have ever stayed in.

i love the staff, they are very nice and fluent in english ! helps a lot.

Thank you very much for your staying! We will try to keep improving our hostel !!

Great people. The rooms are really nice, clean and have AC (thank baby jesus, it gets SO hot in japan). The staff is very kind, fun, and forgiving. I've seen plenty examples of this during my stay. The kitchen and bar areas are great places to meet other travelers. All in all it's a great place to stay and I look forward to staying their again next year.

• 1st Jul 2014

Thank you so much for choosing us! We are happy to hear that you had a great time here ! We are looking forward to see you again ;)

Located about 10 minutes from the Ginza Line walking and very close to Kaminarimon. There are elevators which are convenient if you have a lot of luggage. The tatami room and futon was very comfortable and the shower/toilet was inside the dorm room with shampoo/soap provided. Definitely would stay here again!

Great stay for the price!

• 28th Jun 2014

Not having stayed in a hostel for many years, I wasn't sure what to expect. However, I would say that this place is better than many hotels I've stayed in. Staff were really friendly and helpful, room was really clean and the kitchen was an added bonus.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Friendly staff, the room is clean n spacious and also have common shower room 24 hours that is free to use, overall we really exciting to stay here also our kids really enjoy there (especially with the vending machine)

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Seems like once upon a time it was a grand old hotel, now a very cool hostel. Wide variety of rooms (typical hostel rooms through to ryokan style) and great facilities. Well located with lots of good restaurants/bars/karaoke nearby.

The staffs were very warm, friendly and helpful. I would love to stay at Khaosan World again in the future and I shall recommend this hostel to my family and friends, thanks Khaosan world!! XD

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Brunei

Really good location, walking distance to temple. Excellent maps of local area and food places recommended. Nice little bar at this hostel and large kitchen. Free tea and coffee = big bonus!

This place is great!!! There is not one thing I would change about the facility, staff, or location. They have fun music nights in the lounge, the kitchen is excellent, they had computers set up for guest use, two laundry rooms, very clean private room and bathroom. It was all good!

• 20th Jun 2014

The place is great! The staff is friendly and able to speak English, so it is really convenient for people who speaks limited Japanese. Place is very clean and facilities are comprehensive. The standard private room is designed to be traditional, with a very old 'kyoto-like' feeling to the entire room. A very different form of experience as compared to living in the rest of the hostels in modern tokyo. Overall a good experience and value for money.

• 20th Jun 2014