Khaosan World Asakusa RYOKAN Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

This is a great hostel. It is very clean, has a good dining room (with lounge area) as well as a separate lounge. Sociable and friendly, with vending machines dispensing cold beer and hot chips - what more can you want? It also has lots of washing machines and tumble driers and immacualtely clean rooms. Conveniently located for the Ginza Line (only two stops to Ueno) and the Tskuba Express line, this is a great place and I would definitely stay here again.

I spent two nights at one of the 6-bed dorms because I could not book any dorm-bed for Khaosan World Hostel: both the ryokan and the hostel are in the same building. Overall, it was a good stay at this Ryokan-style accommodation. More details were posted at TripAdvisor.

Awesome, friendly and clean hostel!

great place, facilities, neighborhood and staff, I'd definitely recommend it.

great hostel, and staff , loved the room, the only bad thing was the tatami did smell a bit strong. but i would happily come back

I was very satisfied with the service!

Very very clean and good location in Tokyo. I enjoyed the decor, gave the hostel a neat vibe. Wonderful clean bathroom facilities, super comfy beds, and a cute kitchen area. Since my friend and I spent most of our time exploring we didn't get a chance to get involved in any hostel activities so not sure what they are like but many were advertised. A bit pricey but it's normal for Tokyo and you get what you pay for!

Unfortunately I can't review, I never stayed. We cancelled our stay, 2 days prior by calling the hostel and emailing, as the rules stated, then I still was charged for the full 2 nights, plus the no show fee. We stayed at another khaosan hostel down the street. I'm very dissapointed in this level of customer service, and have emailed a request to have a review of the matter, with no response. Big dissappointment. :( it's a shame that a computer actually runs the hostel, and not a human.

• 6th Sep 2014

Big ex-love hotel in the middle of Asakusa. Beds in the rooms are big and comfortable and the kitchen is pretty big too by Japanese standards.

maybe you can simplify the directions...they were a bit confusing when we were trying to follow them (even if they looked simple when we read them) that's the only remark we would make. Everything else was very good :-) Thank you for everything!

Perfect base for visiting Tokyo, I came with my kids 10 and 16 , and stayed in a ryokan style room. A really positive expérience. :) English speaking staff and and great facilities available for everyone. I'd go back. There is no comparing as far as prices go!!!

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

I really enjoyed Khaosan world's service and facilities. In short, two points that you may want to know: 1. It takes about 10 minutes to walk from the ryokan to sensoji , 12 mins toei asakusa line, and about 7 min to ginza line station. 2.If you're planing on staying in a private room, you'll want to think about the rate. It's low, just not as low as others. I personally enjoyed my stay at khaosan world very much. So if these 2 things are fine to you, Khaosanworld is an awesome place.

• 17th Aug 2014

Very spacious room for 4person. But I wish there is clothes deodorizing spray provided.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Way too many people. Not the most suited place for a shy person to be around.

My whole family stayed for 2 nights. We enjoyed the excellent location and great value for money. We wish we could stay and enjoy Tokyo longer.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Japan
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This hostel is by far one of the best ones we stayed at in Japan. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and we loved our room. As well as the communal showers we also had one to our room which was an added bonus. Great location for getting around Tokyo. I would highly recommend this hostel!

• 3rd Aug 2014

I stayed with my family for 2 days in Khaosan World Ryokan in a private room for 6. The room was totally worth the price! it was super clean, and super convenient. Staffs were awesome! they gave us such a pleasant time during our stay. Their english were excellent! (you will find it very helpful, esp for tourist who cannot speak japanese at all). What we love the most was the map around the hostel and Asakusa. I used the map everywhere :) so all in all, I really recommend this hostel for sure!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

Really nice and clean hostel, with a lot of common activities.

Excellent facilities. They have a bar, kitchen, vending machines that also cook your food for you, 2 receptions, a comic book room with a massage chair, and laundry rooms. Very easy to meet other travelers. Super nice staff. I was put in a traditional japanese room which was awesome. Very very clean. This may be the best hostel i have ever stayed in.

i love the staff, they are very nice and fluent in english ! helps a lot.

Thank you very much for your staying! We will try to keep improving our hostel !!

« first « Prev 1 2 3