Khaosan World Asakusa RYOKAN Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The staff are friendly and amazing

The staff was great. They always greeted us with a smile and willing to help out in any way they could. Keep up the good work.

• 12th May 2015
  • Malaysia

Big, bustling hostel really close to all the main attractions in Asakusa. Great staff, free lockers in your rooms, cool decor nice and clean, big kitchen; has everything you need really. They also have their own bar where it's easy to meet other travellers so it's really good if you're on your own. Highly recommend.

Great hostel. Not the cheapest ever but then Japan is not the cheapest ever. My one gripe is the terrible wifi in the rooms, which the staff seemed to think was acceptable because 'lots of people are logging on right now'. Arghhhh! How come airports manage to have good wifi then?! You need a better server or something! I hated using the wifi in the otherwise lovely communal area because it was so loud. When I was there there was a group of about twenty Argentinian travellers and I got a headache

Really loved staying at this place. Hope one day I can stay here again

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

This is the best backpacker in Tokyo, the location is just perfect. Very close of subway station (Asakusa), the Senso-ji temple, shops, tourist information... I recommend this backpacker for everybody!

• 18th Apr 2015

Superb staff and great service! Location is also ideal for travelers as its very near Tokyo's largest temple and various restaurants and shops. It made our stay in Japan even better :)

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Philippines

It's an awesome hostel, with an amazing location, great atmosphere, clean. Also, best staff ever. But maybe the bathrooms and the dryers could be renovated.

Very nice and clean hostel with friendly staff. I stayed in one of the ryokan-style rooms, which was quite spacey and nicely designed (though the beds were one the thin side, though this might be part of the authentic ryokan experience). The location is great for exploring Asakusa and close to several train stations. The hostel also has a cool little bar, which is a nice place for meeting fellow travelers. Be sure to visit Jazz night if you're there on a Thursday!

Ryokan type is very nice room.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Very Helpful, super comfortable- we were travelling as a family with two small kids- and felt safe and welcome in a great part of tokyo

• 7th Apr 2015

I stayed here on my last night in Tokyo. I took advantage of the laundry machines (thank you for supplying detergent) and the manga library (Death Note!) as well as the free drink coupon at the hostel bar. The bartender and I bonded over music and I chatted with some friendly travelers before turning in. The bed was very comfortable and I loved that there was a shower/toilet in the dorm room, but also a shared bathroom down the hall. Over all, this hostel exceeded my expectations!

You should cleaning the room everyday. We stay for 5 days but the room doesn't cleaning.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Nice lodge for backpackers..!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

Well this hostel building lil bit old and dark inside but they had very huge and comfort dinning room and kitchen plus extra toilet

Good hotel staff. Location

Our stay was superb! The staff were really kind and helpful. And they all speak in english ( which is sooo convenient, there is no language barrier whenever we want to ask for directions or recommended places) :) Our room also nice and clean. And it is close to the subway station. It is perfect! And we will definitely going back again someday :):):)

I loved the place, easy to find, near Sensoji and super nice staff!!!

Very nice place, staff and confortable