Khaosan World Asakusa RYOKAN Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Fantastic hostel. Great staff and the atmosphere makes it very easy to meet people!

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you very much for giving us your review! We are very happy to hear that you like us. We really hope you enjoyed traveling in Japan. If you ever come back to Tokyo,please visit us again:) Arigato!

The wifi is very bad. Though it has a lot of Wi-Fi router, none of them able to connect.

We can't apologize enough to you about our Wi-Fi connection . We know that Wi-Fi is very important to people who is traveling. We got new system last week and it works now. We should have done earlier . Thank you so much for your advice.It won't happen again. We are very sorry again.

Pretty easy to get to about 30 minutes from Shinjuku station, was very clean, and was perfect for travelling on a budget, would stay again.

Thank you so much for your stay! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here:) We are looking forward to see you again in then future !!! Arigato!

This was a great place to stay (excellent location and staff), but I stayed in both a hostel-style room and a ryokan-style room while I was here and did not find the ryokan room to be worth the extra money.

Decent hostel. Not terribly priced, but I hear you can stay at Internet Cafes for cheaper. Very clean, good facilities. Staff was fine. Good location. Would stay again, but no loyalty here.

Im so. happy to stay here. Super clean and tidy place that you can find in Asakusa area. And staffs are also super friendly. We will comeback to stay here for sure.

Thank you so much for choosing us for your staying in Tokyo! We hope to see you again in the future ! We will keep up our service until then:) Arigatou!

Adorable place... staff were very friendly and helpful. I really liked the traditional feel of the room as well, tatami and all! Will definitely come back when I'm next in Tokyo as the area was lovely too!

• 19th May 2015

Thank you so much for your staying !! We are very happy to hear that you liked our Japanese style room:) We are all waiting you to come back in Tokyo! See you soon!

The staff are great very friendly and helpful

• 15th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are so happy that you like us. We will keep up our service and try to get better and better! We all hope to see you again someday!

The staff are friendly and amazing

The staff was great. They always greeted us with a smile and willing to help out in any way they could. Keep up the good work.

• 12th May 2015
  • Malaysia

Big, bustling hostel really close to all the main attractions in Asakusa. Great staff, free lockers in your rooms, cool decor nice and clean, big kitchen; has everything you need really. They also have their own bar where it's easy to meet other travellers so it's really good if you're on your own. Highly recommend.

Great hostel. Not the cheapest ever but then Japan is not the cheapest ever. My one gripe is the terrible wifi in the rooms, which the staff seemed to think was acceptable because 'lots of people are logging on right now'. Arghhhh! How come airports manage to have good wifi then?! You need a better server or something! I hated using the wifi in the otherwise lovely communal area because it was so loud. When I was there there was a group of about twenty Argentinian travellers and I got a headache

Really loved staying at this place. Hope one day I can stay here again

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

This is the best backpacker in Tokyo, the location is just perfect. Very close of subway station (Asakusa), the Senso-ji temple, shops, tourist information... I recommend this backpacker for everybody!

• 18th Apr 2015

Superb staff and great service! Location is also ideal for travelers as its very near Tokyo's largest temple and various restaurants and shops. It made our stay in Japan even better :)

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Philippines

It's an awesome hostel, with an amazing location, great atmosphere, clean. Also, best staff ever. But maybe the bathrooms and the dryers could be renovated.

Very nice and clean hostel with friendly staff. I stayed in one of the ryokan-style rooms, which was quite spacey and nicely designed (though the beds were one the thin side, though this might be part of the authentic ryokan experience). The location is great for exploring Asakusa and close to several train stations. The hostel also has a cool little bar, which is a nice place for meeting fellow travelers. Be sure to visit Jazz night if you're there on a Thursday!

Ryokan type is very nice room.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Very Helpful, super comfortable- we were travelling as a family with two small kids- and felt safe and welcome in a great part of tokyo

• 7th Apr 2015

I stayed here on my last night in Tokyo. I took advantage of the laundry machines (thank you for supplying detergent) and the manga library (Death Note!) as well as the free drink coupon at the hostel bar. The bartender and I bonded over music and I chatted with some friendly travelers before turning in. The bed was very comfortable and I loved that there was a shower/toilet in the dorm room, but also a shared bathroom down the hall. Over all, this hostel exceeded my expectations!