Khaosan World Asakusa RYOKAN Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Awesome place. Just a 15 minute walk from Sensoji temple and 45 minute walk from the SkyTree. RIght in the heart of Asakusa with great shops nearby. The hostel staff is great and have a decent command of English. Wonderful people and great beds.

The japanese staff was really friendly and helpful. I would gladly recommend to anyone who is on a vacation to Japan.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

It will be better to hv 1 more trash can or bigger one for the guests like us to stay at hostel for many days

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

Great hostel. Great rooms. Great facilities. Only negative i would say is outside guests aren't allowed to even use the bar on the first floor so it's hard to catch up with friends from other hostels unless you go out

Clean, Good location, Friendly staffs and Value for money

The hostel is ok. Some rooms are much nicer than others...I got one of the older rooms...I assume there must of been a price difference but I'm not sure. My biggest problem really was that there was another guest in my room who snored so loud that it was impossible to sleep..even with earphones in. Not really something the hostel can do too much about, but I would stay in a female only dorm next time.

Awesome hostel. The staff are very nice and approachetable.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

Great friendly staff, had a good time down at the hostel bar as well. Good vending machine prices too!

Super nice staff, cool looking rooms

• 26th Nov 2014

A wonderful experience! I've been traveling a long time and staying in crappy hostels so this was quite a treat. I stayed in an 8 person dorm and was pleasantly surprised that it was a gorgeous japanese style room with tatami mats, traditional beds that were super comfortable and big cuddly comforters. They had live jazz in the bar one night, super friendly staff, lots of common areas to socialize with other guests and super clean facilities. Couldn't have been more pleased with my stay.

The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was bigger than expected and everything was very clean. Loved it!

We are happy that the staff are friendly and we are grateful to have stay in this hostel.

Staff is wonderful, help you in any way.

This hostel is very good place. All staff very cute. If I go to japan again, I'll back to stay here.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Thailand

Very satisfied with the stay. Staff speak fluent English.

อยู่ไกลจากสถานี Asakusa หากกระเป๋าใหญ่จะขนลำบาก พนักงานพูดภาษาอังกฤษได้ดี มีความ Friendly

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Thailand

Need to upgrade the lounge, i think it's a bit dark.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Indonesia

I booked 2 nights at this hostel but i only can sleep 1 night because of the typhoon. thank god the staff didn't charge me because of my sudden cancellation. overall, this place was good. i sleep at the ryokan room. staff is friendly. and we can buy food in food box in the main area. i suggest the management add the curtain in every bunkbed ;)

Awesome stay at Khaosan, friendly staff, clean bathrooms, good kitchen facilities, plus all the guests seemed to be jet lagged so never had problems with noise. I stayed in a 6-bed dorm and had no problems keeping my stuff safe in the lockers, they are quite big. I was apprehensive about the lack of all female rooms but it was absolutely fine, I didn't feel unsafe at any point staying here.

• 14th Oct 2014

This is a great hostel. It is very clean, has a good dining room (with lounge area) as well as a separate lounge. Sociable and friendly, with vending machines dispensing cold beer and hot chips - what more can you want? It also has lots of washing machines and tumble driers and immacualtely clean rooms. Conveniently located for the Ginza Line (only two stops to Ueno) and the Tskuba Express line, this is a great place and I would definitely stay here again.