Khaosan World Asakusa RYOKAN Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Friendly staff, the room is clean n spacious and also have common shower room 24 hours that is free to use, overall we really exciting to stay here also our kids really enjoy there (especially with the vending machine)

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Seems like once upon a time it was a grand old hotel, now a very cool hostel. Wide variety of rooms (typical hostel rooms through to ryokan style) and great facilities. Well located with lots of good restaurants/bars/karaoke nearby.

The staffs were very warm, friendly and helpful. I would love to stay at Khaosan World again in the future and I shall recommend this hostel to my family and friends, thanks Khaosan world!! XD

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Brunei

Really good location, walking distance to temple. Excellent maps of local area and food places recommended. Nice little bar at this hostel and large kitchen. Free tea and coffee = big bonus!

This place is great!!! There is not one thing I would change about the facility, staff, or location. They have fun music nights in the lounge, the kitchen is excellent, they had computers set up for guest use, two laundry rooms, very clean private room and bathroom. It was all good!

• 20th Jun 2014

The place is great! The staff is friendly and able to speak English, so it is really convenient for people who speaks limited Japanese. Place is very clean and facilities are comprehensive. The standard private room is designed to be traditional, with a very old 'kyoto-like' feeling to the entire room. A very different form of experience as compared to living in the rest of the hostels in modern tokyo. Overall a good experience and value for money.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Great place, everything you need, lovely staff

Great hospitality and helpful staff

Probably the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed. Nice and helpful staff. Very good facilities, large common area, lounge with television for World Cup 2014 Live! =] Many activities for visitors, regret that I have no chances to join. Will stay here again if I am going to Tokyo!

Good location, clean, service minded staffs... Excellent

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

Overall, everything was pretty average. The high point was the group activities (such as dumpling night)- great opportunity to meet other travellers. The place had too much of a "party" vibe for me- with drunk travellers and staff stumbling in at all hours of the night. Unfortunately, the bedroom (6 bed) smelled strongly like a pet shop (courtesy of ? tatami mats - I never had this issue elsewhere) and I had to clean all my clothes to get rid of the stench. Wifi didn't work in room.

My favourite hostel in Tokyo. Great vibe around the place, bar is open on the ground floor two nights a week. Was lucky to be on one of the first bike tours they did which was fun. Heaps of common space and the room was very spacious. Book early as like all hostels around Tokyo it seems to fill up quickly.

I'm happy to staying here :-)

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

that's a wonderful my holiday, thx u for everything.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

3 bus lines passing late is just great. Laundry excellent. one of the best HI I have been in

Had an excellent stay at this hostel over a 10 day trip to Tokyo! The rooms were great for the price range, and were kept clean on a daily basis by the cleaning staff. The other facilities (kitchen, lounge, bar) were also nice and served as great places to meet other travelers. The highlight of this hostel however was definitely the staff. Everyone I had the pleasure of speaking to not only spoke excellent English, but were also helpful in giving advice for daily outings. Highly recommended!

• 2nd Jun 2014

Thank you so much for your staying! We are so happy to hear how you like our hostel! We will try our best all the time.

The only thing lacking is a Japanese restaurant to make it completely excellent!

• 29th May 2014
  • Philippines

Nicest hostel I've ever been to. Very clean, it looks more like a hotel!! I saw many families with kids there, so might not be the best place if you're looking for ppl to travel with. But overall, a fantastic place.

That was great experience staying at this hostel, the stuffs are very cool (especially the guy showed me around ) and speak good English. I slept in Japanese bed and felt very comfortable. It's a little hard to find the building as there's no English on small street sign.

• 29th May 2014

This hostel is amazing, very very nice.

• 23rd May 2014