Khaosan World Asakusa RYOKAN Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Probably the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed. Nice and helpful staff. Very good facilities, large common area, lounge with television for World Cup 2014 Live! =] Many activities for visitors, regret that I have no chances to join. Will stay here again if I am going to Tokyo!

Good location, clean, service minded staffs... Excellent

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

Overall, everything was pretty average. The high point was the group activities (such as dumpling night)- great opportunity to meet other travellers. The place had too much of a "party" vibe for me- with drunk travellers and staff stumbling in at all hours of the night. Unfortunately, the bedroom (6 bed) smelled strongly like a pet shop (courtesy of ? tatami mats - I never had this issue elsewhere) and I had to clean all my clothes to get rid of the stench. Wifi didn't work in room.

My favourite hostel in Tokyo. Great vibe around the place, bar is open on the ground floor two nights a week. Was lucky to be on one of the first bike tours they did which was fun. Heaps of common space and the room was very spacious. Book early as like all hostels around Tokyo it seems to fill up quickly.

I'm happy to staying here :-)

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

that's a wonderful my holiday, thx u for everything.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

3 bus lines passing late is just great. Laundry excellent. one of the best HI I have been in

Had an excellent stay at this hostel over a 10 day trip to Tokyo! The rooms were great for the price range, and were kept clean on a daily basis by the cleaning staff. The other facilities (kitchen, lounge, bar) were also nice and served as great places to meet other travelers. The highlight of this hostel however was definitely the staff. Everyone I had the pleasure of speaking to not only spoke excellent English, but were also helpful in giving advice for daily outings. Highly recommended!

• 2nd Jun 2014

Thank you so much for your staying! We are so happy to hear how you like our hostel! We will try our best all the time.

The only thing lacking is a Japanese restaurant to make it completely excellent!

• 29th May 2014
  • Philippines

Nicest hostel I've ever been to. Very clean, it looks more like a hotel!! I saw many families with kids there, so might not be the best place if you're looking for ppl to travel with. But overall, a fantastic place.

That was great experience staying at this hostel, the stuffs are very cool (especially the guy showed me around ) and speak good English. I slept in Japanese bed and felt very comfortable. It's a little hard to find the building as there's no English on small street sign.

• 29th May 2014

This hostel is amazing, very very nice.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Mexico

Great hostel, very good location and friendly staff! Would definitely stay here again.

We are very welcomed and the staff were very helpful. The atmosphere was nice, and the facility is excellent. We were enjoying our stay and hopefully we can visit and stay again at Khaosan World Asakusa Hostel :-)

• 17th May 2014
  • Indonesia

Very good hostel, good location, staff always willing to help, definitely would stay again

Staff may highlight to guest upon check-in to exercise consideration when using the pantry during peak hours especially dinner time. Do not loiter & occupy seats after eating. Thank you.

• 15th May 2014
  • Singapore
  • All Female Group, 41+

I must to say thank you, i feel comfortable there, they receive with a smile, and the facilities were good

• 11th May 2014
  • Mexico

The staffs are nice, but the location of the hostel is not so good. it's only next to one station of one private transport company. as you may know, in Tokyo, the metro is managed by different companies. one day pass may not cover all the subway lines. it will be more convenient for the travellers if the hostel is near to multiple stations.

Fantastic hostel stay - brilliant location in the centre of Tokyo / Asakusa, and the room was lovely. Really friendly, excellent staff who went out of their way to explain all the facilities both in and around the hostel to us when we arrived. Would definitely stay again!

• 1st May 2014

Loved the futon-like beds in dorms. Unfortunatelly, I only spend one night there and left very early in the morning towards Nikko.