Khaosan World Asakusa RYOKAN Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Nicest hostel I've ever been to. Very clean, it looks more like a hotel!! I saw many families with kids there, so might not be the best place if you're looking for ppl to travel with. But overall, a fantastic place.

That was great experience staying at this hostel, the stuffs are very cool (especially the guy showed me around ) and speak good English. I slept in Japanese bed and felt very comfortable. It's a little hard to find the building as there's no English on small street sign.

• 29th May 2014

This hostel is amazing, very very nice.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Mexico

Great hostel, very good location and friendly staff! Would definitely stay here again.

We are very welcomed and the staff were very helpful. The atmosphere was nice, and the facility is excellent. We were enjoying our stay and hopefully we can visit and stay again at Khaosan World Asakusa Hostel :-)

• 17th May 2014
  • Indonesia

Very good hostel, good location, staff always willing to help, definitely would stay again

Staff may highlight to guest upon check-in to exercise consideration when using the pantry during peak hours especially dinner time. Do not loiter & occupy seats after eating. Thank you.

• 15th May 2014
  • Singapore
  • All Female Group, 41+

I must to say thank you, i feel comfortable there, they receive with a smile, and the facilities were good

• 11th May 2014
  • Mexico

The staffs are nice, but the location of the hostel is not so good. it's only next to one station of one private transport company. as you may know, in Tokyo, the metro is managed by different companies. one day pass may not cover all the subway lines. it will be more convenient for the travellers if the hostel is near to multiple stations.

Fantastic hostel stay - brilliant location in the centre of Tokyo / Asakusa, and the room was lovely. Really friendly, excellent staff who went out of their way to explain all the facilities both in and around the hostel to us when we arrived. Would definitely stay again!

• 1st May 2014

Loved the futon-like beds in dorms. Unfortunatelly, I only spend one night there and left very early in the morning towards Nikko.

I spent 3 night in this very nice and clean hostel with very good atmosphere. Morever there is a Jazz party every Thursday with very professional mucisians, it was great, I join them and we played Blues together wioth my Armonica. This place is my best hostel in Tokyo.

Really nice place to stay. Rooms are clean and the staff is super friendly.

We stayed in one of their traditional rooms with mats. It was just lovely. The location was great and the staff very helpful and welcoming,

We expected that there would be an individual shower room as we encountered problem to take a shower since our customs that we never take shower together in naked. Some women felt embarrassed having the shower along with their friends. We ended up feeling awkward and inconvenient. But anyway, we like their traditional Japanese rooms.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

I loved this place. Been to a few hostels in Asakusa and this is my favorite so far. The staff was amazing aswell :)

Would be add the towel in room. No need to change everyday because people travel to japan get only 20kg for laggage. Help them to save some space for shopping. ❤️❤️❤️

The kitchen is amazing. Though, we think there would be a great use of a "free" shelf in the pantry for guests that are leaving but had some left-over items for consumption.

• 9th Apr 2014

Great hostel and facilities, friendly staff. A nice hostel to meet people (they have their own little bar) but as well to travel to with bigger groups. It is a huge complex, but it is quite nice because the dorms are relatively big. Especially for tokyo.

Rooms with ensuite toilet should also have heated toilet seat. There should also be hook on the toilet and bathroom door to hang our stuff.