Khaosan World Asakusa RYOKAN Reviews

3-15-1, Nishi Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Very good hostel, good location, staff always willing to help, definitely would stay again

Staff may highlight to guest upon check-in to exercise consideration when using the pantry during peak hours especially dinner time. Do not loiter & occupy seats after eating. Thank you.

• 15th May 2014
  • Singapore
  • All Female Group, 41+

I must to say thank you, i feel comfortable there, they receive with a smile, and the facilities were good

• 11th May 2014
  • Mexico

The staffs are nice, but the location of the hostel is not so good. it's only next to one station of one private transport company. as you may know, in Tokyo, the metro is managed by different companies. one day pass may not cover all the subway lines. it will be more convenient for the travellers if the hostel is near to multiple stations.

Fantastic hostel stay - brilliant location in the centre of Tokyo / Asakusa, and the room was lovely. Really friendly, excellent staff who went out of their way to explain all the facilities both in and around the hostel to us when we arrived. Would definitely stay again!

• 1st May 2014

Loved the futon-like beds in dorms. Unfortunatelly, I only spend one night there and left very early in the morning towards Nikko.

I spent 3 night in this very nice and clean hostel with very good atmosphere. Morever there is a Jazz party every Thursday with very professional mucisians, it was great, I join them and we played Blues together wioth my Armonica. This place is my best hostel in Tokyo.

Really nice place to stay. Rooms are clean and the staff is super friendly.

We stayed in one of their traditional rooms with mats. It was just lovely. The location was great and the staff very helpful and welcoming,

We expected that there would be an individual shower room as we encountered problem to take a shower since our customs that we never take shower together in naked. Some women felt embarrassed having the shower along with their friends. We ended up feeling awkward and inconvenient. But anyway, we like their traditional Japanese rooms.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

I loved this place. Been to a few hostels in Asakusa and this is my favorite so far. The staff was amazing aswell :)

Would be add the towel in room. No need to change everyday because people travel to japan get only 20kg for laggage. Help them to save some space for shopping. ❤️❤️❤️

The kitchen is amazing. Though, we think there would be a great use of a "free" shelf in the pantry for guests that are leaving but had some left-over items for consumption.

• 9th Apr 2014

Great hostel and facilities, friendly staff. A nice hostel to meet people (they have their own little bar) but as well to travel to with bigger groups. It is a huge complex, but it is quite nice because the dorms are relatively big. Especially for tokyo.

Rooms with ensuite toilet should also have heated toilet seat. There should also be hook on the toilet and bathroom door to hang our stuff.

The staff was fantastic especially Keina, Daichan. Yoshi few of the names I remember. Keina was so good when I lost two of my kids at temple they found Hostel and just arrived. My kids did not have money but remembered my phone number and Keina was volunteer to pay 500 Yen to purchase a phone card and tried to call me. they all were very good and we had a chance to share Soochi with each other on one day at Hostel functions. Kitchen items were very good and very neat. we enjoyed.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Sri Lanka
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We were assigned a room on the 3rd level. When the lift door opened, there was an unpleasant stench! The decoration and color of the corridor area projects a sleazy atmosphere which puts me off immediately. We had a Japanese-style room. The room is understandably bare with mirror on the ceiling, another sleazy character, out of place for a family. I will not stay in this hostel again nor recommend.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Singapore

Absolutely loved it, staff were amazing, as where the rooms, kitchen, etc, etc. Excellent location as well.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

my booking was intended for a rrom with beds, we got futons instead. the booking page should be clearer about this. it worked out in the end, but not all of us managed to sleep well. after the fukoshima incedent guests should be made aware to use bottled water to brush your teeth and make tea. cant recommend the food vending machine. i tryed 3 meals, felt sick after each of them.

• 20th Mar 2014

Staffs are very nice, excellent room. Hostel is a little bit far from subway station for people who have a lot of belongings.