Khoi Hostel Reviews

373/11 Pham Ngu Lao St, Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Excellent rooms, friendly helpful staff

• 9th Jan 2015

The doors should lock when you close them so you don't have to depend on other people staying in your room to lock the door when they leave. If the door to the room isn't locked, quite honestly anyone from the street could walk into the building and into your room if staff did not stop them. The locker was good though, but my backpack is small- most people could not fit everything in the locker. Breakfast was quite nice; coffee + a baguette with jam, butter and a banana. Staff were very nice.

I had a nice stay, nice people in and around the hostel.

The dorm had lots of space and was very clean, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The bathroom was a little gross, but nothing a pair of flip flops couldn't handle

Stayed in an 8 bed dorm. Room was cleaned daily. Showers were acceptable. Staff were very friendly and helpful with helping us organise getting around, and general information about the city, staying safe, and how to survive. Would definitely stay again

After canceling after one night at Hideout Hostel, this place was a nice escape. For $10 a night, we had a private room and bathroom. Facilities and rooms are basic, but well-maintained and cleanly. Staff is very attentive and always available for help. Booking tours took no time at all, and there was very little pressure to book them. Like the hostel, the other people staying there had a relaxed, happy vibe about them. Not a party hostel by any means, but perfect if you enjoy sleeping at night.

Good location. Very calm. The breakfast is pretty nice.

Lovely clean hostel with big dorm rooms and beds. Big lockers too. Staff are great and although there are 2 small hang out areas I met quite a few nice people. Great location for airport bus (15 min walk) and close to (but far enough away from) the chaos of party streets. Will stay here again if back in Saigon

One of the cleanest hostels we have stayed in since starting our travels 2 months ago, the people are so friendly and attentive when you arrive giving free fruit and drinks. The bathroom was cleaned regularly and the beds were super comfy and felt larger than normal, Internet worked fine and there are computers to use also although the keys are rubbed bare so you have to know your keyboard! Nice social/ dining area, communal breakfasts made it really social, would definitely stay here again.

Very friendly staff, decent breakfast and good location.

NICE, CLEAN VERY LARGE DORMS ROOM, HELPFUL STAFF GOOD BREAKFAST :)

Great Hostel, really helpful staff and lots of great advice :) Thanks

Excellent hostel! I had a lovely stay at this hostel, staff is excellent, nice and gentle. Rooms have AC, good beds and are very comfortable, the provide towels and even room service + toilleteries was included. Moreover breakfast is in, you'll always have the choice between 2 breakfasts, during my stay I enjoyed pancakes, omelette and bun&jam. (Only, they don't have an elevator, so depending on your room you'll have to get in the3rd on your own.. but we are young backpackers right!? *smile)

Very good hostel overall. Nice big beds with fresh linen and towels everyday. Very good breakfast that varies daily. It's down an alley about 2 minute walk from the backpacker area which has lots of bars and food. The alley has lots of other hostels so there's always lots of travellers about. The showers aren't great but aren't terrible. No ventilation in the shower room so it gets very hot in there. I was having cold showers so that I wasn't sweating as I left. It's quite easy to meet people

Great place! Nice big room with big lockers, staff were very helpful and could not have been more welcoming or friendly

We arrived in the middle of the night and they were still very friendly. They helped us book the bus to cambodia and it all went well!

It's in a good location in the backpacker district. Everything was nice and clean and the stafff were excellent, they are all friendly and very helpful; they answered all my many many questions and will even give you an introduction on how to avoid Saigon's many many many scammers, pickpockets and robbers.

Despite being down a shady looking alley. this is a really nice hostel. Close to cheap food and drinks/nightlife, and tour operators/bus drop off Friendly and helpful staff who helped with booking day trips/transport Well equipped and clean twin room with ensuite Small communal area and slow computer

I really liked Khoi! They had great breakfast, and I thought the beds were very comfortable. My highlight was the staff, they were very helpful and answered all of my questions, and helped me and my friend with everything! I didn't find it extremely easy meeting people there, but it was clean, there was tasty complimentary breakfast, and the staff was great!

I don't understand the previous reviews!? It's like we stayed in an other hostel... They have 2 Khoi Hostels, one must be the "good one" and the other one must be for second class people or something!Thank god we only stayed there for one night! I didn't feel safe, the location was terrible. You had to walk through a dark little side alley to get there. Worst thing was the rotten food in the fridge,so that we had to take the fridge out of the room for the night! Disgusting!!