Khoi Hostel Reviews

373/11 Pham Ngu Lao St, Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I really liked Khoi! They had great breakfast, and I thought the beds were very comfortable. My highlight was the staff, they were very helpful and answered all of my questions, and helped me and my friend with everything! I didn't find it extremely easy meeting people there, but it was clean, there was tasty complimentary breakfast, and the staff was great!

I don't understand the previous reviews!? It's like we stayed in an other hostel... They have 2 Khoi Hostels, one must be the "good one" and the other one must be for second class people or something!Thank god we only stayed there for one night! I didn't feel safe, the location was terrible. You had to walk through a dark little side alley to get there. Worst thing was the rotten food in the fridge,so that we had to take the fridge out of the room for the night! Disgusting!!

This is a great hostel. Rooms are clean and spacious, the staff are helpful and friendly, wifi works well in the rooms, there is a good atmosphere and the place strikes a balance between being sociable without being a full-out party hostel, In addition it was the little details that made this hostel - the welcome drinks, the breakfast, the free bars of soap. I had a great overall experience staying here.

Warm welcome among entering the hostel. I was immediately greeted with tea and a banana. The receptionist gave me a map of the city. She showed me the recommended restaurants, massage places, and gave us pick-pocketing guidance. I have never received this kind of attention and information at a hostel. I had a private room and it was bigger than my previous hotel. Provided towels, clean sheets daily, and complimentary breakfast (basic) but good. Helped with tours and airport transfers.

Recommended by a friend and did not disappoint! Very clean, safe, relaxing and super friendly staff. I have stayed in five different hostels in HCMC and this is definately the best one. Very central just off the main backpacker street. I have stayed in Khoi for a long period and have met many great people here who have all enjoyed their stay.

• 14th Aug 2014

good hostel: nice and friendly staff and very clean!

We had a nice stay in the 6 bed dorm ink lauding breakfast. It was clean, decant and just a good value for the prize. The woman behind reception gavr us some helpful information about the city and free ice tea to welcome us ( which was great after a long walk in the heat.) There's nothing to mock about the toilet facilities and the rooms, spacious enough, proper working a/c and everyone got an own locker, just the wifi could be better ( like almost everywhere). Would recommend it!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! Staff very friendly and helpful, very big and clean rooms and great breakfast. You can choose between two and the change every day.

Staff were excellent and i enjoyed my stay there in HCMC:)

Nice place! Good and big dorms, clean, staff nice. Small common area but cosy enough to meet other travellers. The cu chi tunnels half day tour was good and booked through the hostel.

Rather bad water pressure in the showers, the private room me and my girlfriend lived in was without windows, which was more annoying than you'd think. Location is ok, in the far end of the backpacker area. Nothing really Wrong with the place, but at best quite average.

Dear mr. Fredrik, first we want to say thank you for your choosing our hostel, we are very sorry for your dissatisfaction when you are here. You had reservation here with a double room no window, pls check your reservation, we sent you a correct room with your reservation. We have 2 kinds of double room: no window and window, we show it very clearly in hostelworld.com, maybe you miss to check it.

Lovely clean hostel. My friend and I stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was immaculate. Clean bathrooms, fresh towels/sheets each day and the staff are so friendly and helpful. Defiantly would recommend it if you want a nice chilled place to stay in the back packers area.

• 20th Jul 2014

Good breakfast which changes everyday. The staff were super friendly and helpful. Only negative, I would not book the mekong tour with them, the agency they used were just awful

Super clean, helpful staff, great if you're traveling alone and want to meet people. Excellent value for money, would def recommend it!

Had a great stay, Staff are very friendly and helpful. Dorms are comfortable and I found this place to be very clean. The hostel itself wasn't so socialable for me, but within my dorm room we were, so that was great. It's down an alleyway and can be a little bit difficult to find at first as its not one of the hostels written on the sign above to alleyway entrance. Had a great stay.

Staff were lovely

Staff go out of their way to help you

Khoi hostel is the cleanest and friendliest hostel in HCMC. Their breakfast is wonderful too!

• 25th May 2014

It was your average hostel in the city. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bathrooms were pretty dirty though, should be cleaned more often. One bathroom and shower per floor. Also had dirty roommates in the 8 person dorm. Close to everything in the city, beds were comfy and lockers for everyone. Not a party hostel.

The hostel is in a great location, is clean and the rooms and bathrooms are nice. There is no real common area to speak of and the wifi is terrible, if you care about that sort of thing. The free breakfast was really good.

• 18th May 2014