Khoi Hostel Reviews

373/11 Pham Ngu Lao St, Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Ok hostel. The Air con in the 8 bed dorm wasn't enough to keep the room cool, and there just one bathroom per floor, which floor was always very wet. Free breakfast is a plus.

After coming from Cambodia walking into this place made me feel like I was living the life of luxury. Everything a backpacker could need they have thought of. Beds were comfy and the lockers by the head of bed with little bookshelves, reading light, and outlet were well thought out. Staff was lovely and the location was great. I would definitely stay here again.

Location is great. On arrival the lady at the reception gave good tips about places to go. Room was really spacious and the AC works well. They clean the room daily and give you a fresh towel. There's only one bathroom per floor, which alone is not a problem, but they have a glass door right in front of the stair that makes you feel weird while showering. Also not much of a common area to socialize, so if you're alone I'd recommend another place.

Great hostel. Clean. Helpful staff. Good beds. Quiet at night. Hot showers. Perfect.

Amazing location, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast included and they even did us a take away one as we had to leave before 7am. Very impressed. Thanks for a great stay.

Clean, fresh sheets and towel daily, very well located, friendly helpful staff. The atmosphere is pretty relaxed, if you are looking for a party hostel this is not the place but with the main strip a 2min walk away you can easily get out for a meal and beer. Would definitely stay again and happily recommend.

• 17th Oct 2015

We booked a private double room which didn't have any lockers or safe. This was because it was a private room so they didn't think we needed it. I'd have felt a lot better if we'd got one. Great location, close to bars and restaurants but down a quiet alley so you can get a decent nights sleep. Breakfast was poor. The first morning they only had bread and jam left, the second morning option of bread and jam or instant noodles. Staff were great.

It's just what we needed. A bed to stay. Would have been good if we had a safe for our valuables. Passports were left with staff which was ok.

• 2nd Oct 2015

I was placed in an 8-bed dorm instead of the booked 6-bed with in suite bathroom without explanation. When asked about it, I was given strange explanations and offered to move to a different building but with a chance that I'd have to move again the next day, so I accepted the situation. One shared shower for 2 dorm rooms. No soap/shampoo provided. On the plus side, beds were quite comfortable. The girl staff, although new, was always very helpful.

A little hidden, down an alleyway, but very central, we walked everywhere. Great beds, very clean, air conditioned, but not overly social.

Friendly staff and good atmosphere although not a lot of room to hang out. Dorms were cleaned everyday. Breakfast was a bit disappointing but nevertheless it's free so got over it. Very helpful with booking trips and the bus to Phnom Penh. Would recommend.

Khoi Hostel is at Pham Ngu Lao area near the bars. The place is very local just 200m from the wet market but if you desire for something fancy then you are in the wrong place. The dorm which I booked was very spacious and they changed towels everyday, and there's a lady coming everyday to clean our room. There's heaps of toothbrush and soap supply as well. They offer free breakfast too complete with a fruit and coffee. I met really nice people here and would definitely recommend.

Easily one of the best places we've stayed in the last 6months. They were incredibly helpful from the moment we arrived. Couldn't be cleaner, beds were comfy and the food was delicious.

This place was great. I originally booked a dorm, but ended up getting sick and asked for a single room. They accommodated me perfectly and I even got my own bathroom! Free breakfast was a plus and being able to book excursions through them was also a great convenience!

Nice big dorms with balcony and a/c . breakfast was smal baguette, jam, butter and a banana or pancakes/noodle soup etc. , staff was nice! Not a party hostel, a place to relax from the city hassle

We booked two beds in a dorm room for one night and we liked our stay very much. Our room was clean, with AC and a big locker were you can put even your backpack. Breakfast was tasty. We could chech in at 7am when we arrived from Dalat. We will spend one more night in this hostel before going back home.

Brilliant stay, staff were very helpful in all aspects. Very chilled out hostel yet still able to meet people in living area, and it couldn't be closer to backpacker street!

Only stayed at the Khoi hostel for one night but was the perfect stop over location. The staff were very helpful and look after us well. Would recommend this Hostel if you are looking for a cheap and short visit to Saigon.

The staff are so so nice and so helpful. Atmosphere wasn't great when we were there but we were hungover and pretty boring ourselves so can't really talk. Would definitely recommend for a decent nights sleep and for the staff alone - they'll sort you out with any problems you have and make sure you get the best out of the city

Good hostel. Stayed in their sister site down the alley. The location is very close in district one. Good all day aircon, towel and breakfast included. Beds a little creaky for those in the top bunk, but very comfortable. Shower could do with a little more water pressure. However, clean and respectable. Would recommend.