Khweza Bed & Breakfast Reviews

PO Box 56480-00200, Nairobi, Kenya

Easy walk to Nairobi city, after sunset it makes sense to be not alone in the streets, but never had any troubles. Nice breakfast and rooms are clean. Wifi in the room and on terrace. very friendly personal stuff.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Austria

We loved the breakfast in bed and the roof top restaurant! Only negative thing is that the wifi was not working on the roof top. Otherwise, only good memories! The staff were super friendly!

This place is lovely, a short walk (not advised in the dark but it is Nairobi and thats good advice anywhere) from the centre of the city. The staff are very very kind and friendly, the place is clean and excellent value. I would recommend the Khweza B&B anytime and will definitely visit again next time I am in Nairobi. The roof top cafe is relaxing and has a great city view. Excellent place.

It was a mistake to book with property. At the time of pick up from Airport I was informed by hotel that all their rooms are occupied and I have check with some other property. If you really want to save your trip then pls pls pls pls do not go with this property.

• 22nd Sep 2013
  • India

I am really surprised to read this review, because we waited for you to show up at the hotel, but you were a no-show. I do not know which taxi picked you up and where you were taken, but we had a number of available rooms that day. I am sorry for your experience and want to assure you that in the rare event that we have an overbooking, our guests are taken to a similar or even higher classified hotel room. I highly suspect your taxi driver deceived you and took you to another hotel.

It's a very nice place with an excellent rooftop terrace. They had a driver who was able to shuttle me to the next place for 500 KSH. Staff were friendly and helpful and the dinner was great. The Wifi is tough to get on the roof or in (my) room -- it was more in the common area where there is not a ton of seating or areas to work.

Very friendly and helpful staff, went out of their way to make us feel welcome and extremely comfortable. Was much appreciated by my wife and I. We had a decent sized room, which was kept very clean. Excellent home-cooked food from the restaurant, and a cheap bar. All in all, tremendous value and will definitely recommend it to anyone requiring 1st class service, but on a tight budget. Scott and Lucy

• 28th Mar 2013

It is a bit far from the city. Its walkable, but be careful at night. The rooftop restaurant/patio has a great view of the city. I only stayed one short night, so I don't have the best idea of the place. They had a driver at airport waiting for me and check in was smooth.

Me and my gf stayed two nights at this hostel, and we liked it very much. The staff was very friendly and helpsome, and they were very proffesional. We were very satisfied with the room, and the bathroom was nice and clean. The water was cold however, but I guess it was because we didn't wait long enough. The location is safe and good and its not too far from the city centre, people are friendly and everyone speaks english. However walking at night is not reccomended as it may not be safe

• 9th Jan 2013
  • Norway

Really lovely staff and nice, clean rooms.

Wonderful roof top bar/restaurant! And best value for the money in Nairobi - I've lived in this city and I know what a hassle the local hotel market is... I can only most warmly recommend Khweza B&B.

WiFi only worked from lobby.

Khweza is a great place to stay, its great value for money and the staff are really friendly and very helpful. There is a great rooftop bar and restaurant, food isn't the best but they do the simple things very well. Breakfast is included. They offer a number of trips of which I did a few; really worth it. The driver was a little unreliable (he got drunk/ran out of petrol, stuck at petrol station for 45 mins etc) but that aside I highly recommend staying here. But check your bill at the end!

the price is double, but the service is not. including breakfast should not cost double room fare.

I found the people working there to be very pleasant. You can have breakfast up on the rooftop (or brought to your room). The rooftop area is very, very nice and has a great view of the city. I had a standard room, which was small, but quite clean and comfortable. I would stay here again.

Lovely rooftop terrace and very nice food. Efficient airport pickup

The staff at the hotel were very helpful. The hotel driver Fred took us out for the day to show us the sights of Nairobi and was an excellent guide. I will recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Nairobi.

Well located B & B about 15 mins walk or short taxi ride from Nairobi CBD. Staff really helpful and friendly. Am going back there next week and would use it again for accommodation when in Nairobi.

I stayed 2 days in 2nd week of March 2012 and 2 days in last week. It is in a sketchy area, but if I need to go outside for a short distance (day or night), to the bank, or to the pub, or waiting for the cab outside, the staffs were happy to escort me. The drivers were good, but they can be 30min late. I had 1 amazing driver (Fred) and 1 just want my money .There are staffs cleaning the floor almost every hour. Towels were not very clean, breakfast was great in Kenya standard.

Very hospital. They kept the restaurant open for us which we appreciated. The hotel drivers are fantastic.

I thought the hostel was quite good value for money and have excellent staff working there! The breakfast was a real feast and has quite a nice sociable roof top bar area. The only negative thing I would day about the place is that it can be a bit noisy as it has a central atrium, so everything can be heard from all rooms.

View all Nairobi Bed and Breakfasts