Kia Ora Budgetstay Reviews

5-4-15 Katakasu, Hakata-kku, Fukuoka, Japan, Fukuoka City, Japan

The staff were so kind to let me store my luggage long before check in time, and even let me eat the free breakfast provided while I was waiting. They also let me store my bags long after check out, and were generally very kind and accommodating. The hostel is well looked after and very clean. The location is also great, being just under 10 minute walk to Hakata station (easy access to everywhere). Thank you to all the staff at Kia Ora :)

• 5th Jan 2016

Awesome staff, neatly kept room and great location! It was also very quiet! Perfect! Would definitely come again! It was a bit pricey though. But overall wonderful!

• 3rd Jan 2016

the bunk beds has decent headroom so don't feel caustrophobic with the curtains drawn. Love that the dorm have en suite showers and toilets too.

Have never stayed in a Hostel before, but could not get a Reasonably priced small hotel, so tried Kia-Ora as they had twin rooms with facilities. Was very impressed. Room was, as expected, tiny, but worked quite well and the cleanliness and staff were first rate. A few more hooks and hangers would have been good, but overall a very pleasant stay and excellent value for not much money. Bob & Libby from Adelaide

I really enjoyed my night stay and I will definitely visit again.

• 30th Nov 2015

it's very nice and the staff was very kind. and also, it takes maybe 15 minutes from HAKATA station to the gust house.

• 15th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

the staff were wicked reallly friendly, talkative, always able to give good advice. the room was good, had loads of space, place to put valuables. Really close to hakata station which had subway and bus routes everywhere. I had two problems 1. Thought it was pretty dead and didn't really meet anyone (although a lot of japanese people seemed to be having fun so maybe i'm wrong). 2. Motion sensor lights everytime someone gets up all the lights turn on. however, still recommend

Good location, friendly staff, clean and tidy atmosphere!

The hostel is very new and nice, the prettiest I've been in Japan. Staff was very kind and helpful. The atmosphere is nice, breakfast good and they also sell alcohol. I had a really nice staying there =)

Nice hostel all round. Unfortunately I didn't get to mix with many fellow guests of an evening during my stay, however I enjoyed the free breakfast and had a nice time.

clean & good staff

The staff was somewhat cold and the linens seemed not to be clean. Overall it's a place to crash if you need one

An excellent hostel with wonderful English-speaking staff and a great atmosphere. En-suite toilets in the girls' dormitories were a very welcome addition.

View all Fukuoka City Hostels