Kia Ora Budgetstay Reviews

5-4-15 Katakasu, Hakata-kku, Fukuoka, Japan, Fukuoka City, Japan

it's very nice and the staff was very kind. and also, it takes maybe 15 minutes from HAKATA station to the gust house.

• 15th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

the staff were wicked reallly friendly, talkative, always able to give good advice. the room was good, had loads of space, place to put valuables. Really close to hakata station which had subway and bus routes everywhere. I had two problems 1. Thought it was pretty dead and didn't really meet anyone (although a lot of japanese people seemed to be having fun so maybe i'm wrong). 2. Motion sensor lights everytime someone gets up all the lights turn on. however, still recommend

The hostel is very new and nice, the prettiest I've been in Japan. Staff was very kind and helpful. The atmosphere is nice, breakfast good and they also sell alcohol. I had a really nice staying there =)

Nice hostel all round. Unfortunately I didn't get to mix with many fellow guests of an evening during my stay, however I enjoyed the free breakfast and had a nice time.

clean & good staff

The staff was somewhat cold and the linens seemed not to be clean. Overall it's a place to crash if you need one

An excellent hostel with wonderful English-speaking staff and a great atmosphere. En-suite toilets in the girls' dormitories were a very welcome addition.

The directions to the hostel was very clear and getting there wasn't a problem. The location is very convenient being 10 walk from the station and 7 min from 7 eleven. Checking in was very ordinary, except the staff just hands you the key and basically had me find the room myself. No room guidance; nothing. The room is very clean and decent quality with the air conditioner working properly. The toilet seat I had was broken (kept sliding around). Overall, average experience and very pricey.

great place, one of the nicest hostels I've been in. a bit farther away from the nightlife, either come home early or stay out till first train.

Good location for train links from Hakata station. It's a quiet location so if you're looking for nightlife check out a different location unless you'll pay for taxis/last or first train home. Beds have charger ports and a small locker for valuables. Free breakfast was a plus! The dormitory was clean and spacious. A washing machine and dryer for a small price. The staff were all really friendly and helpful.

Staff was polite and helpful, rooms were quite spacious, location was good--near Hakata station, a bus stop, and a convenience store--though not necessarily within walking distance of many restaurants outside Hakata station or attractions. Overall a very comfortable stay.

I really enjoyed staying here and discovering Fukuoka. It seems they have everything in place in the common room for an exciting hostel party vibe, but I think I missed out that weekend. Still a very well organised hostel in such a lovely city!

I stayed in a Khaosan hostel in Tokyo and was really impressed, so I hoped this one would be as good when we booked it.It didn't disappoint! Chosen Fukuoka was ideal for what we needed it for - a short, peaceful stay at the port before leaving for Korea. Clean, spacious and quiet twin room, lovely kitchen and communal area. Nice self service breakfast, free tea and coffee, origami activities and post card making! VERY handy for the station, eateries and buses to ferry port. Thank you!

View all Fukuoka City Hostels