Kick Ass Hostels Reviews

2 West Port, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

The light, we asked twice to fix it. But none came until we check-out. Overall, staffs were friendly and helpful.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • China

Hi Han. Please accept our apologies for the problem with one of the lights in the room. We believe our reception staff tried to fix the problem when it was brought to their attention but they did not achieve a fix and the problem was passed over to our maintenance team. You should have immediately been offered another room, please again, accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced and we do hope you will come back soon. KAH Crew

Was so cool experience in this hostel , totally clean and with good staff , thanks for all.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Spain

This place is amazing for the view of Edinburgh castle and easy access to everywhere you would want to go. It is a bit away from the metro/tram, but worth it. I really did not feel unsafe there, but I will say the security to get into the hostel was pretty lax. You are supposed to show a paper for entry, but it was never checked. Other than that I had amazing time there (minus the bathrooms needing a little more cleaning) and Edinburgh is my favorite city so far!!!

The hostel was okay for an asian girl in generally. but might not be safe if its too late.

Hi . Thank you for your review. We have excellent security for the safety of our guests . All our rooms have state of the art electronic security locks to ensure customers safety and security . We also issue a security pass to every guest that must be shown to our staff on entry . Our reception is manned 24/7 and our internal hostel security door is permanently locked and can only be unlocked with guests electronic key. We hope this puts your mind at ease and hope you will return soon KAH Crew

I had a wonderful stay!

Thanks Tyler . It is really appreciated you have taken the time to give us a review and such a positive one at that. Hopefully we will see you back soon KickAss Hostel Crew

Great hostel! Amazing location, fantastic facilities!!!!!! We didn't stay out late so there was a lot of noise that bothered us from the rowdy pub next door. Also got woken up by a random piano player in the early hours! We saw the funny side but obviously this is a party hostel so dont expect anything less!!! Also we were on a roadtrip and there was no where to park apart from on the street which was expensive. Overall loved our stay in Edinburgh, would definitely reccommend!!!!!

• 20th Feb 2015

Great hostel - I would definitely recommend it! Facilities are great and even though you share baths with many other people it is cleand at least daily - I guess more than one time a day, cause it was really nice. We felt really comfortable there and Staff, Atmosphere, Location and Facilites made our stay at KickAss hostel really pleasant! Great hostel - thumb up!

Yo.. another great review. Thank you so much. It makes our job worthwhile when we get such great feedback. Thanks again KickAss Hostel Crew

I had the best time here at kickass. Everything was perfect during my stay that I even booked an extra few days just to stay here because the staff, food, facilities, beds, and location were just so awesome I didn't want to leave! I'm really going to miss this place but I know I'll be back one day because of this hostel.

Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed at...Always saw someone cleaning. If you are looking for a quiet place to stay, this isn't it, but that's what hostels are for!

• 19th Feb 2015

Thanks for the great review . Good to hear our cleaners are doing a good job. We hope to see you back soon KickAss Hostel Crew

I was on a long Backpacking trip and this Hostel was by far the absolutely best! The times of the Diner were very convenient, the drinks were cheap, the games were fun, the laundry, showers, toilets, etc. were great! I loved it!

• 19th Feb 2015

LOVE this hostel. It was fun, clean, and well priced. I will stay here every time I'm in Edinburgh from now on!

• 18th Feb 2015

Thanks Brittany . Good to hear we did our job and made your stay memorable. Hopefully we will see you back again soon. KickAss Hostel Crew

It was a really good experience for me as it was my first time travelling as a backpacker, the hostel was an excellent place where I spent a night!! It's well located just in front of the Edinburgh castle!

The location is awesome. The hostel is very clean and the wifi signal is good.

Fantastic for value for money! Great atmosphere and facilities, everything was spotlessly clean! Would definitely stay again, and highly recommend

I really like the Kick Ass Hostel and I am looking forward to go back there again!

• 17th Feb 2015

Best hostel I stayed at during my 3 week trip in february.

Thank you so much for the cool review, it is so good to get such positive feedback . We really try our best and it really lifts our spirits when we get a great review. Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon KickAss Hostel Crew

Great hostel with all the amenities! Best hostel I have stayed in so far, and I would recommend it to anyone! I plan on going back...

• 10th Feb 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Kick Ass Hostel, in the beautiful area of Grass market, very convenient whatever you might wish to do and see in Edinburgh. The 24-hour reception is a priceless gift that the staff, always nice and available, gives us. I will definitely recommend this hostel !!!

• 6th Feb 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at KickAss Hostel in Edinburgh. The staff was excellent and the rooms were great. I would highly recommend it.

• 6th Feb 2015

Great hostel in a great location in Edinburgh. right in the heart of old town, very close to the castle and nightlife district. The hostel was clean. good common area with a bar and restaurant and the staff were friendly. we stayed on the first floor in a room that looked onto the street which we found noisy at times due to traffic etc. But other than that i would recommend it. Also, do the walking tour, its like walking through a harry potter movie.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7