Kick Ass Hostels Reviews

2 West Port, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

Really a fantastic place to stay! Facilities are excellent all around. The staff are so helpful and funny. The bar/cafe upstairs has great, reasonably priced food. Wonderful vibe. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Very good atmosphere, friendly staff, very clean and good friday night! Near to the castle and city centre. breakfast: a little bite expensive, for these prices in some restaurant we have an english breakfast with cake toast hot drink etc

Amazing hostel with amazing location. The only problem is I'm very into hostels, and this hostel had a very hotel-like feel. But really not a big deal. You need a hostel in Edinburgh, this is the place, nothing else compares.

Kick Ass is AMAZING! Honestly, it's going to be hard to stay in other hostels after this place. The rooms all have lockers, lights, and outlets by the beds. The bar/restaurant has reasonably priced food and a great vibe. Bathrooms are unisex but each stall/ shower is private, so it doesn't matter. Very friendly and helpful staff. Wish I could stay there longer!

The staff were amazing and super helpful, we loved our stay here just wish there would have been mirrors in the rooms because the bathrooms get quite crowded but all around a great hostel!

You guys did an excellent job. The place is vibrant and always clean, your staff is personable and knowledgeable. The people that stayed in my room with me were awesome and were hands down the coolest people I met during my visit to the UK. Thanks again!!!

Out of all hostels I stayed in Scotland for a week, this was the one i liked the most! Nice facilities overall, regular and usb-outlet by the beds. Great stay!

Pretty nice and clean overall. Location was great for seeing most of the sites or just popping over to a nearby pub for a drink. Some of the staff could have been a bit less brash and the shower pressure constantly fluctuates when using it, which was pretty annoying.

Awesome place to stay. Excellent location, great price and professional staff. Facilities are very clean. Would stay there again on another trip without hesitation.

An incredible experience, fresh, modern and extremely clean facilities. Everything we could want was there and the atmosphere was great, it's full of friendly staff and guests! Highly reccommend staying here and definitely would again!

Lights in our bathroom didnt work for the 3 days we there... So showering n toileting in blackness was a challenge... We stayed on weekend so hard and expensive to get maintenance man on weekend .....but we paid extra for a private room and it would have been nice to be given a discount for the inconvenience or free meal or drinks but staff didnt seem to care :( Can't fault the cleanliness in all of the hostel and the great atmosphere in the upstairs bar!!!

• 12th Jul 2014

The name says it all! Literally one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at!

Love love love this place and would recommend this place over and over again. Definitely lived up to its name. I misunderstood and thought check out time was 11, but when they came knocking, they were really cool about it and understood. Love the free walking your and sad I missed the free pub crawl. Definitely stay here! Location is superb.

A very nice hostel in a great location in Old Town Edinburgh. The staff is very nice and there is a free pub crawl every weekday. They run two hostels just a few blocks from each other, but this is the newer one. There are plugs and usb outlets for each bed as well as a light and lockable locker. The larger bathrooms are clean while the privates leave something to be desired. (soap was out all weekend long). It has a bar upstairs as well as a cafe. The rooms are tight though.

• 10th Jul 2014

This could not have been a more positive first experience as a solo traveler! I had a little bit of trouble locating the hostel on the first night and eventually ended up at Budget Backpackers. One of the staff from Budget Backpackers walked me around the corner to Kick Ass and introduced me to the receptionist. The staff was approachable and friendly 24/7; the facilities were very clean. I made so many friends here and cannot speak highly enough of my experience at Kick Ass! :)

Reasonably priced food without having to leave the hostel.

I have to say this is a wonderful hostel, which I would definitely go to again if I go to Edinburgh. the service is good and the staff are lovely and friendly.

New and clean, helpful staff, good pub crawl. Nice bar upstairs, good walking tour. All good.

• 7th Jul 2014

Really liked Kick Ass Hotel! Spacious room (8female dorm), enough bathroom facilities, super friendly staff and a great location (which can be a bit noisy at night, but it wasnt too bad). Kitchen didn't have that mich equipment, but you could prepare simple stuft there and it was clean. Would stay there again

The 3 bedroom dorm is actually a 2 bedroom dorm with a extra bed. The shower is right above the toilet which makes everything wet. No space to store our bags in the bedroom. While one of us was having a shower, the other two had to go downstairs because no space to get changed inside the bathroom/toilet.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7