Kick Ass Hostels Reviews

2 West Port, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

The staff were really friendly and helpful. The facility was kept up really well.

• 17th Oct 2014

awesome, perfect, loved it!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

I enjoyed my stay. The dorm rooms were well equipped with comfy beds and bedding. The walking tour was an added bonus. All the staff were friendly and helpful.

• 13th Oct 2014

Clean rooms, great location but the staff wasn't really welcoming.

The kitchen was really badly labelled. There are signs once you get through towards the bedrooms on the second floor but I had to ask staff what floor it was on in the first place. It was a pretty decent hostel though.

great hostel, prefer this to their other hostel up the road, Budget. staff are friendly and helpful, always something to do. beds comfy, showers mostly clean. bit annoying that you cant bring your own food up to the bar/chill out area, but otherwise this hostel is good.

The best hostel I've stayed in. Great area! Rooms were nicely set up. Staff was very friendly.

• 7th Oct 2014

This was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Great location, fantastic and funny staff, and great facilities. Definitely worth the money.

Kick Ass hostel was really great. Within viewing distance (though down the hill) from the Castle but in the great area of Green market. Near enough to the Royal Mile (though once again, up a hill), to a whole lot of very historical pubs and close enough to supermarket. The bar is super cool, internet was good. Staff were cool. Admittedly my second choice, but really great.

I greatly enjoyed my stay, there was no shortage of activities for me to do and the atmosphere was perfect for meeting new people. A+, would book again.

• 1st Oct 2014

Good atmosphere- met some really great people here. Lots of opportunities to meet others as there are walking tours and activities at night. Pub crawl however was terrible- went to one Aussie pub and then the leader left without a goodbye and no advice on where to go next. Great location and comfortable beds. Good kitchen but a bit cramped for that many people. Restaurant/bar upstairs. Would recommend without hesitation.

Best hostel I stayed in Europe. The only one complain is that the wi-fi didn't worked well in my room (first floor).

Everything it's ok !!!! But you should have a kitchen and Microwave service for customer.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Thailand

Hi Yuttapoom Thanks for the good review . regarding our customer kitchen . We DO have a customer kitchen and two microwaves. The customer kitchen is located in the back section of the building (sometimes difficult to find) so perhaps you did not manage to find it. We have checked all our directional signage and it is good. We hope to see you back soon KAH Crew :)

One of the best places I've ever stayed in: very spacious, clean and with good kitchen facilities; friendly and helpful staff (Aaron, thanks for North Berwick reccommendation as well as free tour in Edinburgh ;)

The staff are very nice people, and hostel is perfect located

Good enjoy it

• 25th Sep 2014

This hostel is GREAT!!! Location is the best!! Stuff is very helpful. Big and clean rooms.

Thanks Elena fro the awesome review . KAH Crew :)

Great hostel! clean, plenty of showers and a great bar area :)

The hostel was great really new and clean. The bar does a nice breakfast too!

Loved the hostel! Ended up getting a nasty spider bite one of the nights in my bunk, but I don't think there's much the staff could've done to prevent that since it was pretty clean. No free breakfast but cheap food and bar.

• 19th Sep 2014