Kick Ass Hostels Reviews

2 West Port, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

A really great and friendly Hostel that is uniquely clean, cheap and at a great location. Well worth the price.

• 17th Dec 2014

Hostel was really cool! A great place to travel alone, the food and drinks are good and not terribly expensive! Stay here!

• 16th Dec 2014

THE NOISIEST HOSTEL EVER! My room was located in the second of two floors. The third is a disco. You can hear everything, even whole conversations o footsteps. Well they do a party per day, until, at least 1:30 or 2 am, and they still have to clean and move all the chairs and tables afterwards. The first night I stayed in, a MONDAY, there was Wii dancing, with the music sounding full power until 1:30, and the second, a TUESDAY, one of the employees played the piano (very badly btw), until 2am.

Great hostel! Clean, great staff and super location.

• 15th Dec 2014

We had four great days in Edinburgh and we were really satisfied with this hostel. Only two points are to critizice: 1. breakfast is not included and if you want to buy something there, it's not really cheap. 2. there are no Plug-Sockets in the bathrooms and no mirrors in the bedrooms. Thats a Problem for Girls!

• 11th Dec 2014

Really nice hostel, perfect location. Only thing was that the bar, cafe and bathrooms were really cold. Beside that everything was really good.

It really was a very nice hostel for a very good price, but during the night it was very noisy out in the hallways, but other than that, it was a great stay and I would book it again :)

It's the best hostel i've ever stayed! Very clean and comfortable. The room had a lot of space and the great location made it very easy to get to know Edinburgh.

Such an awesome vibe!

• 9th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Has a top floor bar with a great atmosphere. Great location near bars and as you walk out the front door you are in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle. Staff all around made my experience very memorable. Wish I could have stayed a few more days

Hi Max. Good to hear you had such a good time while staying with us. It makes all the difference to us when we get such good customer feedback. Thanks again and We hope you will return to Edinburgh soon and stay with us. KAH Crew :)

Love it! Awesome Location, beautiful spot, awesome staff! They aren't lying when they call it "kick ass hostel"!

• 8th Dec 2014

This is a great hostel, and so cheap too. Staff were friendly and helpful, and the hostel provided everything I needed. The room was comfortable and spacious, loved the little side tables for the beds, each with a lamp and a PowerPoint. Had dinner at the bar, very cheap and yummy too. Central location, so close to edinburgh castle, plus I had a lovely view out the window of the little grassmarket village.

Hey Frida Thanks for the great review. We are really pleased you enjoyed yourself. Hope to see you back soon KAH Crew

The location is perfect. The rooms and bathrooms are really nice (there's hairdryers!). But some of the staff seemed a little impatient. Unfortunately, there's no breakfast included.

I really enjoyed my stay here. Such a nice hostel and the staff were great. It was in the perfect location looking directly out to Edinburgh castle and an easy enough walk to anywhere that you want to go. I would definitely choose to stay here if I came back to Edinburgh.

Hi Anya Thanks a million for your great review. We are so pleased you had a great time while staying with us and hopefully we will see you back in the not too distant future. KAH Crew

Excellent hostel. One of the best in the UK, great activities, fun staff, and exceptional rooms for the low price. Reading lamp, lockers, and solid bunk beds that don't squeak.

Wish i had stayed longer!!

I had a great stay! I loved that each bed had an outlet, a light, and a locker. The room itself was big, which was nice. My only complaint was that I didn't love the unisex bathroom, but it wasn't that bad because the showers are each separate and I liked that the showers had a lot of hooks to hang my stuff. Also, one night 3 out of the 4 toilets in the bathroom on my floor were clogged so that was kind of gross, but I would definitely still stay here again and recommend it!!

• 30th Nov 2014

A great modern hostel, with everything that you need.

• 30th Nov 2014

Best hostel I've ever been in Edinburgh

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Spain

I had read very good reviews about this hostel and I was pleased to find out that they were absolutely true. Excellent location ovelooking Grassmarket, the rooms, showers and toilets were very clean, the staff was very friendly, the cafe on the ground floor was very nice. Very good value for money. I will certainly recommend it to anyone who may ask me!

• 27th Nov 2014