Kick Ass Hostels Reviews

2 West Port, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

Awesome hostel. You can see Edinburghs famous castle from the cafe of the hostel. Very clean! Bathrooms are cleaned three times a day. Friendly staff with good advices where to go/what to see.

I enjoyed my stay here: everything is recent and clean, powerful hot showers, comfortable matress. I met some really nice people here. The bar at the top of the building is a nice place to hang out. Downsides: no breakfast included, check-out is pretty early, the room was very loud (no double-glazed window, located on 1st floor in front of a pub and red light).

Loved this hostel! My friends and I were disappointed we were only staying the one night. It was our favourite hostel in our whole month of travelling. Good room and great drink/food deals! I was so impressed.

Pub upstairs was very cheap for a meal. Noise from pub is very loud (if you are on the second floor) with people walking around and dragging furniture. Bathroom was clean and eco friendly, however very short of timer on shower means you are actually are in there longer than you would normally be. Each bed had a power point and reading light which is great. Kitchen looked good. Beds were comfortable. Overall would probably stay here again.

Loved how modern the hostel was. The communal area upstairs was so funky!

hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at. ever.

Amazing location - in centre of old town, close to castle as well as good pubs and bars. The hostel bar had good priced food and drinks and a great atmosphere.

• 21st Mar 2015

My experience in the kick ass hostel couldn't be better! The rooms was nice, bathroom was clean, water was hot, internet was fast and the staff were always friendly and helpful. The bar upstairs is really cool and there are a lot of options to drink and eat without spending much money. I'd definitely stay again.

Its very clean and very nice place to live.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • India

Hostel with a very nice atmosphere, it has an awesome bar, with a pool table, cheap beer and a piano. The staff was also very nice, and I felt really good in my time spent there.

It was a wonderful experience ! The Kick ass hostel is excellent and we had a great time there!

The Security was good. It was a System with a key card and each person had a locker which he/she was able to lock with an own padlocker. THe hostel is located in bar quarter, which is good for guys who want to make party. On the other hands it's quite noisy outside and on the floors, especially on the weekends or on events. The rooms where cleaned everyday but especially the kitchen was dirty in the evenings. Sometimes there was no water for a few seconds in the shower or on the tap.

Thanks for your Review. Yes our location is very central so good for exploring the city. Our Kitchens are checked every hour in the evening but thanks for letting us know there may be an issue in the evening and we are now on the case to ensure optimal cleanliness is maintained. We hope you had a safe onward journey and hope to see you back again soon. KAH Crew :)

Super cool modern hostel. Awesome hangout lounge/bar with cheap beer. Great location. Electrical outlets in actual functional places to bunk beds. Overall a super good place to stay for the price

The hostel was great, a little tricky getting to without knowing the area but we soon found faster and easier ways to get to the hostel but its not a way I would recommend them to send travelers who have never been there before. I love all that the Hostel had to offer, from the cafe to the bar. I liked the fact that they offered deals for their guests on food and had something planned every night.

Definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed. The atmosphere of the place is amazing, and the decoration as well! Oh, can't forget: the bar will make you think twice before going out at night. Lots of activities, nice people and cheap beer.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Staff were super friendly and helpful. The kitchen and facilities were great and very clean. The bar area and activities at night were an excellent way to meet people! Hostel is in a quieter area which is nice but still right next to the castle and very close to the royal mile! Great hostel, would definitely recommend to others :)

This hostel is amazing!! Everything was always clean, the staff is super nice and they play very cool music. Also the location is perfect.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

I really liked Kick Ass Hostel! I was only there a short stay, but the location was great.

Clean, well planed and good location. One of the best hostels I've been so far.

There were 2 Spanish girls living in the room the entire time which was extremely annoying as they wouldn't ever open the blinds and had their personal belongings everywhere like they owned the place.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your Review . We have now implemented a policy where all blinds are opened by 11.00am . Please accept our apologies for the 2 girls that where where a bit inconsiderate with all their belongings everywhere. Thanks you for your Positive rating regarding our Security Location Cleanliness and Facilities. KA Manager :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7