Kick Ass Hostels Reviews

2 West Port, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

Bar staff gives zero shits about you..go away is there attitude!

The heater did't work... after some discussion we were allowed to change the room. But the window did not close properly and it was kinda loud at night. Bathroom could be cleaner. Value for money not granted. Location was good.

• 5th Feb 2016

My stay was excellent. The only comment I have is about the options at the cafe. I am a vegan and the staff member didn't know if the sandwich I asked about was suitable for vegans or not. Therefore I didn't have an option at the cafe and it was an inconvenience.

• 1st Feb 2016
  • Lithuania

I really liked this hostel, one of the best I've stayed in for sure!! The rooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were clean. I also loved the individual power and usb points and the lockers. Staff was so friendly and helpful too and the bar area and cafe were lovely. Only suggestion at all would be maybe a mirror in the room? Overall was so happy with my stay!

We are 2 friends who stayed at KICK ASS Hostel for 4 nights in Feb 2016, in a 6bed dorm on the 3rd floor. This hostels got everything you need during your visit to the city: Just at Grassmarket, close to everything in Edinburgh. Price per night amazingly good and clean&safe&comfortable accomodation. Showers were just great, however it is absolutely freezing in the toilets area! The café and bar are awesome, good prices and many options including veggie stuff. Staff always friendly and helpful.

• 31st Jan 2016
  • Spain

GREAT hostel!! Highly recommend!! The location could not be better- view of the castle, right near all the pubs, walking distance to all tourist spots. Staff were incredibly friendly. I loved the downstairs cafe for breakfast and afternoon tea, and the bar upstairs for cheap beers before dinner! Bar was fun and great atmosphere. Room was very clean, spacious, safe, with great plug and light access. Bathrooms cleaned regularly. Hostel decorated nicely. Very good experience here!!

Mention in advance that the lockers in the room require a padlock which is not provided for free. It is a bit annoying to have to buy an expensive one at the reception in the evening.

• 29th Jan 2016

There were a group of drunk guys who were screaming, fighting and generally making a lot of noise near our dorms in the early hours of the morning. It would have been greatly appreciated if the staff had stopped the drunkards from assessing the dorm space when they returned from their pub crawl. Another way would perhaps have been to give us a phone number to contact reception so staff could disperse the undesirable situation.

• 28th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

Great hostel in a perfect location! I wouldn't consider any other hostel in Edinburgh!

• 28th Jan 2016

I think it is fair to say that Kick Ass is the Five-Star of hostels, while still being one of the cheapest in Edinburgh! I will undoubtedly go back, and I already know where I'll be staying.

Spent around 9 days here, great location, great bar upstairs with friendly staff there (for the most part), reasonably priced. Kitchen was small and dusty but got the job done, delightful cafe downstairs. Would stay again. Laundry facilities weren't much, and it was frustrating that the kitchen closed at 10PM. Comfortable beds

There was a lot of noise every single night from people partying or talking in the hostel. Moreover, the kitchen closes from 10pm to 6am which was quite inconvenient when you wanted to prepare anything before going to sleep.

I stayed in mixed 6 bed dorm. All the beds were taken and it was so crowded, I could barely move around. It felt like the room wasn't very suited for 3 bunks, or at least the arrangement wasn't very good. Other than that, everything was great!

We had a great stay at the hostel! The price and location are amazing, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and we were able to get beds without pre-booking last minute!

• 25th Jan 2016

Great hostel

My friends and I had a great time in Edinburgh!

The bar is very loud and guests who visit the bar are loud and don't pay any mind to those sleeping on the third floor. Several times each night our door would be pounded on or someone would drunkenly fall into it. It was very disruptful and made it hard to get a good nights sleep.

• 20th Jan 2016

Was a really good stay, great location, shame breakfast isn't serviced at this hostel as you have to walk down to the other hostel down the road, extremely clean checked regularly

Great Hostel, first time for me staying in a hostel, the atmosphere was great, al lot of nice people, I really liked the bar and the showers!

• 18th Jan 2016

Loved this place, great view of the castle, the bar upstairs wasn't busy and served nice food at a good price! Definitely hit up the Irish bar on Victoria street!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7