Kick Ass Hostels Reviews

2 West Port, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

Possibly one of the best hostels I've stayed at! Great location, facilities and people! Don't look anywhere else!

The hostel was amazing, nothing to complain. Excelent service. We could even see the Edinburgh Castle from our bedroom. It has a nice pub too with beer with a very good price.

Fantastic location, great facility's would definitely stay again!

• 13th Apr 2015

Great location and facilities. Nice rooms. The only problem was that we somehow couldn't turn off the heating, so we had to sleep with the windows open, which was a bit noisy since our window was out towards the street.

• 12th Apr 2015

Great location, awesome building and rooms. Super clean and safe (free lockers in room). The bar is pretty sweet as well. Really enjoyed my stay here!

• 11th Apr 2015

Great location in the grass market. The facilties were well thought out - cafe and bar and luggage room had lockers which made us feel much better about leaving our stuff there all day. The one thing that could have been improved is that there are only two bathroom stalls per floor and one of them was getting fixed

I've stayed in three hostels in this city so far, and this was by far the best. For the absent-minded (like me) who might forget a UK adapter, they have usb plugs by every bed. The view is spectacular. The location is next to one of the nicest stretches of pub, and just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the royal mile. The one criticism I have is that while they do have lockers in the room, you have to bring your own lock-- which I just wish they'd written beforehand. Still, loved it.

Nice Hostel, nice room and good location. No further remarks.

Great location, a really lively hostel! There are sufficient showers and toilets for us too, so we didn't have to wait to bathe and such. Toilets are brightly coloured too - Pretty and cheerful. The only bad experience I had was being stuck in the shower for quite a while as there was no water suddenly.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Great service and assistance. Lower your cafe prices though. seriously...

great view on the castle :)

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It was really stylish, in a great location and had superb facilities. I would stay here again in a heart beat. I can't believe how cheap it was!

Thanks for the awesome review. It has brought a smile to our faces. Thanks again :) KA Crew

Great hostel. Very clean, each bed had it's own plug outlet and shelf. Bar area had a good vibe and it is only a 5min walk from the Royal Mile. Overall really great stay! Def recommend this one.

Thanks Jay KA Crew :)

Top notch Hostel. Location is excellent, although a bit touristy in the surrounding area. Staff were friendly and helpful. All prices are reasonable. Beautiful building with a nice bar on the top floor. Would highly recommend to travellers.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Good to hear our staff where friendly and helpful and you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for recommending us. KA Crew :)

Good for the price. Unfortunately, no breakfast included.

Hi Thanks for your review and the positive comments regarding our price. Sorry we do not include breakfast in the price you pay. We try to keep our bed prices as low as possible and so customers then have a choice to have breakfast in our cafe from extensive breakfast menu from as little as £1.95. Hopefully you where not to inconvenienced and we do hope you will come back soon. KA Crew :)

Was such a great environment! Very sociable which as a solo traveller truly made the trip! Always some kind of activity at night and cheap drinks and food available at the bar! Had a great stay wish it could have been longer!

Good to hear you had a great time while staying with us. Good reviews are always so very much appreciated...Thanks a million KA Crew

I really liked how well set up the rooms were. They were big and each bed had it's own charger. Since it's a central location it was really loud at night- and I was there on a Monday-Tuesday. My room had 3 long stay patrons who were kinda messy, rude and had taken pillows off the unused beds. I think it would be worth keeping long stay in a separate area. Not the Staffs fault though! Overall great place!

I loved the cafe downstairs! This hostel is big but not a party hostel yet a great place to meet people. You could sometimes hear people partying outside the window in the Square during the night. It has a great view of the castle and is within walking distance of most of the sights. If you find the right staff person you're able to get really good advice. Wifi worked well and the rooms and bathrooms were clean. The kitchen isn't the best for cooking a meal, but good enough to get the job done.

Was a great time! The toilets and showers were always clean. Staff at reception and the bar were top notch. Played beer games at the bar they provided free pitchers for the games. Bar food was great for both dinner and breakfast. Would recommend it to anyone ever staying in Glasgow.

All things were perfect except i have to buy padlocks(even it was 4P)! Somebody wants to stay in here, keep your padlock for using cabinet!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7