Kick Ass Hostels Reviews

2 West Port, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

Not a bad hostel, facilities are nice, atmosphere isn't the best. They also charge for a lot of extras like luggage storage when you check out and you can't hire a padlock only buy them etc.

maybe because just been from spain to here but didn't enjoy the night one bit

If there were computers to use that'd be a lot more helpful in planning for getting around the city.

• 29th Aug 2015

Mint hostel, smart, tidy, totally had their sh*t together 👌🏼

• 29th Aug 2015
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Great location, safe and secure. Only thing I didn't like was the push button showers

Great location, very clean, good atmosphere. Would love to come back!

verrrrrrry kind workers. And clean and second nearest hostel to the castle.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

Very clean hostel with a great upstairs bar and good vibes for solo travellers wanting to meet people. Very friendly and helpful staff. Books out fast though (I went in the fringe festival time) so book cause this place has everything you need. Including well priced meals and drinks!

Nice location, nice staff, but there were no kitchen you have to go to the café and buy your breakfast. it's a shame for an hostel. it was very noisy (avoid room 106 next to the smocking area or you won't sleep unless you have earplugs) in the morning the showers and toilets were really dirty!

I had a great time in this hostel appart from being filmed while I was taking a shower. This is totally indecent, I almost prosecuted the hostel. I hope you are going to do something so it will never happen again.

• 25th Aug 2015

Hi Thank you for the positive comments and we are pleased you had a great time at the hostel . With regard to the awful behaviour of one of the hostel guests trying to film the shower areas. We immediately checked our security cameras to identify the guest who we think was responsible for this appalling act and he has checked out of our hostel but we have since reported this person to the police. All we can do is apologies for the terrible behaviour of this guest KA Manager

Overall a great place to stay in edinburgh, my go to next time around!

• 21st Aug 2015

Great place to stay and a great location for accessing Fringe venues close by! Will definitely come back

Clean, great food and seriously friendly reception. Best location too!

Nice hostel in a great location. My suitcase doesn't fit in the storage locker though, and they don't even work properly, which was a bother. Decorations on walls are fab, and the bar is good. Hostel felt a bit like a maze though with the way the rooms and corridors are laid out.

Simply one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, and I've been all over. Clean and well appointed, staff were very helpful and welcoming, the facilities were great and a lot if thought, effort and investment has clearly gone into providing things travellers want and need. With the building being so tall, the WiFi was a bit patchy in the bedroom, but that is the smallest of small issues. A steal at £16 a night, and as a frequent visitor to Edinburgh, I think I just found my new home from home.

• 20th Aug 2015

What a great review. Thanks for that . We all really try our best to make sure our guests get the best possible experience and we really appreciate you taking the time to write us such a great review...Thanks again KA Crew :) :)

windows could not be opened sufficiently wide to allow ventilation. as result room became vet hot and smelly.

• 19th Aug 2015

Everything is perfect. Good location, Friendly staff, clean the room and toilet everyday~

• 19th Aug 2015
  • China

I have stayed one week in this hostel, and it was a good experience : the rooms are modern and clean, the hostel is central (near to the castle, supermarkets, pubs and old town), there is a big bar inside (the Foster's costs 2 pounds, but in general, the music is too loud). This is one of the best hostel in Edinburgh.

Beautifull hostel in a great location! Facilities were great, nice bar upstairs. Would go back when i go to Edinburgh again!

It was an okay place. It was clean and had a good location, a little loud but any place would be. The bar is okay but you can't bring in outside food or drinks and that is kinda the common room so thats not the best. If you are looking for a party this place isn't for you. And the free walking tour they don't offer in August and the staff didn't let us know about that till we were ready to go.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7