Kick Ass Hostels Reviews

2 West Port, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

Very friendly ,professional staff to a level you would normally find in high class hotels. Rooms and facilities are generous and very clean. I never had to cue for anything .

Just stayed there for two nights, but was excellent. The room isn't small and the location is great, near Edinburgh castle and is located in the central area. hair dryer inside the public bathroom and the public bathroom really clean!!! Overall highly recommended this hostel, don't miss it out if you are going to Edinburgh!!!

The hostel was great! Great location, very clean, very nice people!

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Bulgaria

Hostel is really good! Everything was perfect apart of the atmosphere. It was good either but you didn't met to many people very easily! But the facilities and bathrooms are clean and good! Enjoyed my stay!

Amazing hostel! Kind staff, convenient location and extremely clean facilities (By the way, it has 2 bars, huge kitchen and laundry room). Very safe as well, as you need your card to gain access to the different areas and there are several cameras. The only negative aspects I found is that the luggage room is payed after check-out, in the showers you have to be constantly pressing a button to keep water running and the kitchen closes too early. But apart from that, it's great!

Wish I had more time to stay here!

Great Hostel, one of the bests that I have been, clean, funny, good staff, great location, good bar on the top. 100% recomended, the only bad point is that when you check out, you have to pay to leave you backpack, even if you where in the hostel and I dont think thats fare if you have to leave later, they should have at least the day that you check out for free but well, its very nice anyways.

The hostel itself is lovely, modern looking and fun, close to everything, spacious. However reception was basically useless- didn't want to look up information for guests, didn't help, and were told " we were self- entitled", since we could google things on our phones. " besides useless front desk (all other staff are super friendly ) really great hostel, bar and food were great.

Thanks for you positive feedback . We are sorry our reception staff let the team down and this will certainly be addressed. They are normally very helpful but rest assured your comments will be investigated by our customer service department to ensure the service given to our customers is always the best possible. All feedback is very much appreciated. We hope you otherwise enjoyed your stay with us KA Crew :)

Awesome hostel, but not a great 'community' feeling here. Adding more community tables would further bring travelers together I think... swapping current cafe/bar area for big long community tables would make a big difference.

kick ass hostel was kick ass! the hostel is quite modern and my dorm was a good size. each bed has own locker, light, power point. there is a bar on the top floor which makes it easy to meet other travellers. would definitely recommend

Enjoyed our stay, very helpful staff.

• 11th Jul 2015

I really enjoyed my stay, the whole experience at the hostel was amazing

• 10th Jul 2015

Had a great vibe, a beautiful room. Pretty awesome and kick ass I'd say.

Staff was pretty nice, although I didn't interact with them too much. Rooms were fine and beds pretty comfortable. Showers were not great - the entire floor's water pressure completely stopped working midway through my first, and sputtered to a little more than a dribble toward the end of my second. Disappointing, just glad I had rinsed in time for each.

Thanks for your positive comments regarding our staff . We did had a problem with water pressure between 08.30am and 09.30am last weekend (peak demand period) All other times are ok but we have fully investigated the issue and have managed to find out what is causing this problem which will be fixed this week. We hope you where not too inconvenienced and hope to see you back again soon KA Crew :)

Best Hostel I've stayed at yet. Very clean, fab location, great portion sizes for your money, and friendly staff. They were having some troubles with the water pressure one of the days so they showers stopped working but they got it cleared up before that evening. Would stay again, would recommend.

• 8th Jul 2015

really a great hostel with cafe and a bar! it has a fun atmosphere and is perfect to meet people and go out. also you cant beat that location. right in old town and close to some great pubs and clubs. we had a perfect stay in edinburgh and kick ass hostel.

The second night I stayed there were people yelling outside our door for a good hour before they left. Also the bathrooms weren't regularly maintained. Toilet paper ran out, and a couple of sinks were clogged.

Great design! Loved the individual lockers, as well as the personal light and plugs by the bed!

We always appreciate customers letting us know they enjoyed their stay at our hostel . Thank you a million for the great review KA Crew

The staff was friendly, but it feels like they are just there for the job. No showing interest in us as guests.

Thanks for your review. Our staff are normally very friendly. Our hostel is getting very busy at the moment and perhaps this is effecting customer service. This should not be the case but thanks for letting us know and we will certainly make our customer service team aware of your comments to ensure the best possible customer service is provided for all our guests. We hope you had an enjoyable stay , enjoyed your visit to Edinburgh and had a safe onward journey KA Crew

New hostel, good installations, excellent location. Definitely recommend. The bar should keep open longer in the night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7