Kiev Central Station Reviews

Hoholivs'ka, 25 - apt. 11, Kiev, Ukraine

I had a great time. The staff is superb and the people who stay there really cool. Kiev is a lot of fun in the summer. Recommended for travelers - not tourists :) take care guys, it was a pleasure!

Amazing hostel and excellent location, the staff is so friendly and try to help you all time. One of the best hostels that I ever have been.

Great place!!! Cool staff, clean, safe and one the most important thing, listen to the owner, he knows the town and the country, he can help you better than you imagine. He can read people quite good, so he will tell you ncie places to go. Another great thing about the hostel, they do know how to choose the people that stay there, you will not meet assholes, or sextourists there. I will be back.

I think a hostel is only as good as the staff that works there, and Kiev central station has some great people working there. The staff are incredibly knowledgeable about the city, and Ukraine in general, and really eager to tell you about everything. It really helped me get a lot more out of my trip.

• 9th Jul 2015

Loved Kiev Central Station hostel. The staff are mega cool, 'city smart,' helpful and go the extra mile to make you feel at ease and get oriented in Kiev. Pizza night rocked! They also recommended good pubs, places to eat and even show you around. The place was comfortable, tidy, the sleeping quarters in good condition, the WIFI excellent, the kitchen in good shape and the wash rooms both clean and without bad odors. The price rocks for the value you get. I look forward to my next visit.

• 9th Jul 2015

I found hostels around Eastern Europe quite specific, but this one is definitely my favorite one. Super relaxed atmosphere, very friendly staff, easy to meet other travelers and hang out together. It was sad to leave, hope to be back again! Thanks Yaroslava for great tips :)

Staff speak English, are very friendly and very knowledgeable about Kiev. They provide maps with interesting things pointed out and explained. There is a communal fridge/freeze where you can store food and a kitchen you can use. They also have a fridge stocked with water, pepsi and beer in the common area to save a trip to the shop. They will also wash clothes for a small fee. The owners will invite you out - we were invited but had to fly later. Excellent atmosphere. Well worth it!

Great hostel

Had a lovely time at the hostel but I wish it was closer to the center and to the metro. Kyiv is a very big city and it takes quite a long time to get anywhere but with that the walk was lovely and there are plenty of necessities close by. I had a few good nights of sleep.

It`s a small hostel a bit far from the main areas. The staff was nice but there weren`t many other people around when I stayed there (maybe this is because kiev isn`t a very touristy city)..

Great hostel. With nice people (both the staff and other guests).

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Wonderful hostel!! Made my stay in Kyiv even better: really lovely atmosphere and the staffe were really helpful! Would definitely recommend and come back!

• 21st May 2015

This hostel was okay, my stay there was perfectly fine. It's about a 25 minute walk to the center of Kiev, but it is even closer to a lot of other attractions and places. The hostel is extremely hard to find as there are no signs or anything outside of the building, but once you find it you're okay. The beds and all of the facilities are clean, but it would be nice if the beds had rails on them to prevent things from falling off. The room I stayed in was very hot but nothing abnormal for Europe.

Fantastic hostel! It is a good as the ratings are suggesting!

Excellent hostel.very friendly staff who always asking you what your plan is, giving recommendations of all that Kiev has to offer and also connecting people with similar plans to each other.This is something i only experienced few times in the many hostels i stayed but makes such a big difference to the feeling of staying there.The hostel is clean and the atmosphere is great! all Location is the only thing that could be better.not very close to metro or main centre streets but busses are near.

I Really like all staffs and there really friendly too. There really great traveling atmosphere as well as people are often gathering together for drinks.

Absolutely bananas.

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed at with a real homely, relaxed and inclusive atmosphere. Aricio and Jo are great and you will have a spot on time staying here in Kyiv. Highly recommended.

I've been backpacking through Europe for months and I have stayed at some great hostels, but none of them have matched my experience staying here. I was here for a couple weeks while visiting kiev and had an amazing time! The staff is so incredibly helpful, friendly and full of recommendatioms for places to go and things to see. By the time I left they were good friends. Located on two floors it was never a problem to find a quiet place to read a book. Lockers in the rooms, but never felt needed

Joanna and Aricio were fantastic hosts, giving us rides to and from the airport and suggesting places to go in Kiev.