Kikies House Reviews

17/1 Rachapakinai Rd, Soi 1, Sripoom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

I stayed here the day after the full moon party. So I missed everything. However the staff was very nice, and most were from English speaking countries so I felt very safe with them. My only complaint about the hostel is the location is very far away from the main beach and you need to take a cab to get there or motor bike. Other then that I had a great time and I heard it was crazy during the full moon period.

This place gets booked out fast, and no wonder! The dorm rooms are comfy and not over packed like most places. You definitely don't end up feeling like a sardine anyway. The double rooms are really lovely, and look amazing with their 4-poster double beds strung with mosquito nets. The staff are some of the nicest, friendliest and most helpful I've come across. Always have a smile. Plenty of power sockets in the rooms, all have a private bathroom plus a spare shared bathroom outside. Great place!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Scotland

The washrooms were a bit dirty and the you could free every coil on the mattress, but nonetheless the staff members were very helpful with any problems, and helped us book tours. Rooms were small, but I was able to make some friends really quickly that way. Overall a good place to stay for the price they are asking per night

Brilliant hostel, the rooftop is a great communal area where people meet and get talking. The staff work so hard and help book everything for you at good prices and it's really clean, maid comes in every day to clean shower and make beds. Good location near to lots of good street restaurants and near to the main backpacker bars (5 minute walk)

• 14th Jul 2014

Best thing about this hostel was the staff who were very friendly and helped us get good deals for trips and courses e.g cooking, massage. Could have been a bit cleaner (bathroom) but it was in a good location. We would definitely recommend you go to the elephant retirement park, it was awesomeeeee and they got us a discount

the guys at the reception are great, every tour they recommended was amazing and they help you nearly 24/7 with booking tours, telling you where the best food, party, or sightseeing points are.

• 15th Jun 2014

Stayed in kikies house for few night in mixed dorm. Met some cool people there. Roof top was cool. A.c. and WiFi worked well.. bathroom was pretty dirty and bugs everywhere.. Thing that upset me the most is that they sold me and overnight trip at the elephant retirment park for 4800 baht.. thinking I was getting a deal.. and how cool they said it was.. I ended up being the only one that booked an overnight.. and was the only one there..so I left and didn't even stay the night.. wasted 2400 baht.

They lost my laundary and refused to give me money for it and made me look like i was lieing about it

• 9th Jun 2014

Could not be happier! Big is heaven sent and legitimately gets discounts on tours. He's so kind , funny, and helpful. They have free cold and hot water for coffee and drinking. Free towels, hot water showers , AWESOME rooftop bar! Rooms are super comfortable and the beds are kinda large, good pillows, strong fans. Really just the best hostel I've been to. 100 effing baht a night!!

Staff is very very friendly and helpful. I got help with my laundry and I got a discount of my tour. However the rooms were the very hot. A fan is not enough. In addition the shower was broken.

It is a good place and the german owner and the lady try to help and give you a good basic facilities for a good price.

The staff are lovely and very helpful, the dorms are pleasant enough, although the bathroom has no ventilation so is very humid all the time and kind of mouldy! The location is pretty great too. For the money you pay, you couldn't ask for more!

I'm not sure if she was the owner but the lady at the front is the nicest person. She has been more accommodating than any hostel employee. Thank you!

Good place to stay, but the private room bathroom in our room was nasty. AC and wifi were good. Not a bad place for the price, but with a good scrub of our bathroom and mosquito net with less holes would have made it a great value for the money. There is also no safe or lock box at reception, just a locked drawer if security is an issue for you. I would look elsewhere if I came back to Chiang Mai because there are cleaner bathrooms out there for the same price.

The hostel is well located and our room was clean. We booked for 2 nights and we stayed longer.

This hostel was overbooked and they didn't have room for us. They tried to send us to the bad sister hostel that all reviews are negative about, but we said that we wanted to stay in this hostel because that's what we booked. They wouldn't refund any of our money which isn't fair because it isn't our fault that they overbooked. We lost our deposit to Hostelworld and I was very angry with the way the hostel handled their mistake. We then had to find a new place to stay in the city.

Nice hostel on quiet street. Easy to walk to everywhere. Good sizes rooms with locker. Good Internet. Nice second floor balcony to chill on :)

The hostel has never mentioned anything its second hostel at Homebase. When I checked in I was told that I will stay at Homebase. It is not too far away from the main hostel (about 3 minutes walk away), but Homebase does not have common room. Location is not too bad, within 10 minutes walk, you can reach some attractions. Rooms are clean, no problems. However, I get no lockers, when it is advertised as having one. I stayed in a 6-bed dorm, there were only 2 functional lockers, and they are taken

Clean rooms and beds, walking distance to everything, lockers ifu have a padlock and good value for money!

The staff are all very friendly and helpful. They helped us arrange our elephant trek day the only downside is that some people managed to get this cheaper by going elsewhere. Also they sell Muay Thai boxing tickets cheaper! You're within walking distance of most restaurants and the night bazaar is about 25 mins walk away. Would definitely recommend it! Only negative I had was the bathroom was a little grubby and could be doing with a lick of paint and a good clean.