Kikies House Reviews

17/1 Rachapakinai Rd, Soi 1, Sripoom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The hostel is well located and our room was clean. We booked for 2 nights and we stayed longer.

Nice hostel on quiet street. Easy to walk to everywhere. Good sizes rooms with locker. Good Internet. Nice second floor balcony to chill on :)

The hostel has never mentioned anything its second hostel at Homebase. When I checked in I was told that I will stay at Homebase. It is not too far away from the main hostel (about 3 minutes walk away), but Homebase does not have common room. Location is not too bad, within 10 minutes walk, you can reach some attractions. Rooms are clean, no problems. However, I get no lockers, when it is advertised as having one. I stayed in a 6-bed dorm, there were only 2 functional lockers, and they are taken

Clean rooms and beds, walking distance to everything, lockers ifu have a padlock and good value for money!

The staff are all very friendly and helpful. They helped us arrange our elephant trek day the only downside is that some people managed to get this cheaper by going elsewhere. Also they sell Muay Thai boxing tickets cheaper! You're within walking distance of most restaurants and the night bazaar is about 25 mins walk away. Would definitely recommend it! Only negative I had was the bathroom was a little grubby and could be doing with a lick of paint and a good clean.

I really liked Kikie's house! The dorm I stayed in was nice and spacious, with a clean and good bathroom.Bigcomfy beds and big lockers. Staff were and very helpful, but a little too eager to sell me onward journey tickets and activities the minute I arrived (and having just spent 21 hours on a bus I was not in the mood for it...). Good location, Sunday walking market is very near.

Good stay in the heart of CM. Cool German guy named Marco and professional staff make your stay memorable with fun guests to meet and explore the city together on foot. The modern day Germans are quite impressive these days and here is but another good example. Highly recommended stay.

Well managed, nice property, decent facilities at a very good value. At peak season the best rooms fill up very very fast and many people want to stay here so book early. If it is too busy and you book later you might get a room in Kikies Homebase that is nice enough. They are so popular they are expanding and they can sort out all your travel needs, tour, treks, bus, etc. Fun to socialize as there are always a good group of travelers willing to explore the city together. Sleeping is sound w 10p

Didn't stay there much time don't know about what's going on there

Did what it said on the tin. Great location, good value for money. Only critism was the toilet bins were not emptied daily. Would definately go back

Highly recommend!

Bad bathroom,its was moody and you smell this all the time-it was inside the room and no windows!horrible beds

• 15th Jan 2014

A great guest house right in the centre of town, nice and clean too. Only downside is we stayed in their second building and there was nowhere to socialise in the evenings. We booked a private room; if we'd gone for a dorm we would have stayed in the main guest house so may have had a different experience there.

• 9th Jan 2014

Kikies House is misrepresented on Hostelworld. We booked a room and when we showed up we were sent to another location that they call the Homebase that is a few blocks away on a dirty, dark alley way. They will rent out the room you booked at Kikies House and send you to the Homebase. Its dirty and has no common areas to hang out in at all. The beds are broken and the sheets were nasty and had not been changed for weeks They wouldn't refund us even though they had rented our reserved room out.

• 6th Jan 2014

Great hostel in the heart of the old city! You can basically walk to any of the main attractions. Also the group room was clean and well decorated so you feel at home. The weekend trek was a little cheesy, but the campsite where we spent the night was beautiful Kikie's offers a bus for 500 baht back to Kao San road. It does drop you off at the beginning of the main street that is perpendicular to Kao San road. Don't listen to the taxi drivers! Just walk left from the traffic circle.

The chill out area upstairs was a bit empty and mostly had staff washing up there. I didn't mind because we went out to drink anyway but the place advertises that there is a chill out bar area. Other than that, a great hostel, very friendly staff and will probably see you for Songkran later in the year.

• 28th Dec 2013

there staff was so kind :D I got comfortable time in there .thanks.

WiFi connection in the rooms was good. And showers were warm. Good value for money.

The hostel was situated in a decent area. We booked a private room. We had to change rooms from the far away guest house and the main house. The guest house private was 1/3 size of the main house private. They charged the same baht for very downy rooms. It was not until we confronted them about this obvious rip off that they gave us 50b back. Staff is ok. Rude at times. I would never book an adventure with them. They charge outrageous prices and the tours they book with get awful reviews.

It's a good cheap hostel but not always hot water and not clean in the rooms and bathrooms. But the most important thing for me was staff- so friendly, helpful and cheerful:))) I liked them very much, they made my visit in Chiang Mai easy and full of adventure!!!! Thank you.