Kikies House Reviews

17/1 Rachapakinai Rd, Soi 1, Sripoom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Very noisy

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Croatia

When I arrived they couldn't find my reservation. Got my deposit back (less than paid) and had to stay in a different place.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Estonia

We stayed at a double ensuite room at Homebase (not the main building!) Try to avoid this! The second building does not deserve an over 80 per cent raiting: - the rooms are not clean! (no cleaning!) - the facilities are old - no common area - no reception - it's always open so that you don't really feel safe Regarding the problems that ocurred (broken pipe, no water for 2 days) the staff wasn't really understanding (though at least 1 free night) Cannot recommend a stay at Kikie's!

I really enjoyed my time here :)

Fantastic, Kiki's incredibly helpful and so is everyone else who works there, helped us find day trips for the price we wanted, everything they recommended was brilliant. My 2nd time staying here, although I was in the new block of rooms, Kiki's Homebase, which was a little awkward as it's a 3/4 minute walk around the corner, so you can't just pop downstairs and speak to them about something. Although, rooms were incredibly nice and well worth the money, if anything we should have paid more.

The rooms in the main house are better than the ones in the second building but still the place is good value for money. The location and area is ok but a little far from the main attraction road (night bazaar - 20 min walk)

Felt really uncomfortable about my stay here. Everything was okay except the guys who run the place were always with friends playing loud music, drinking and smoking by the office so you could never avoid exiting without being stared down by these dudes. It wouldn't have bothered me so much except I'm fairly sure a friend of one of these dudes stumbled into my room while drunk to throw up and take a dump in my bathroom. I was also drunk in my bathroom at the time. I was glad when my stay ended.

• 30th Dec 2014

I only stayed one night and the staff were helpful for my short stay but in their second house (two parts to the hostel) there wasn't a common area so not much of an atmosphere and the bathroom seemed quite dirty with no toilet paper and the water wasn't working in the morning.

Kikies is amazing stay there! #nomorewords #justdoit!

Kikie is the sweetest Thai lady! Her and her staff make you feel right at home, give you suggestions on what to do and what to see in Chiang Mai, and will even organize everything for you! It's right in the heart of the Old City. It's cheap as hell but you're getting awesome value - great for backpackers. We had a 3 person room (a king bed and a twin bed), with a bathroom and shower. There are also dorms with bathrooms located just out the door. I recommend!!

• 30th Nov 2014

Good hostel with all facilities, great atmosphere in dorm and outside the house! Sweet staff who even ask you to try their food sometimes. only one thing to complain...the rooftopterrace was not sunny and maybe some music makes it more cosy...but who cares?! And try the trip from eco tour, jungle trekking 2 days... Deep into the jungle, make your own sleepingplace from bananaleaves and find your own food, great adventure. Staff can inform you about it :) thankyou Kiki, Claire from Holland

Be careful when you book this hostel. We only stayed one night as we needed to catch a flight, however we didn't stay in Kickis House. We were transferred to their sister hotel called kickis homestay. Not as advertised, sister hotel was ok but be prepared to be moved if you stay here

Very friendly and helpful staff,

DO NOT stay here! On arrival we were moved to there second property over a 5 minute walk away! There is no common space here, the room was filthy, the place had very little security and as 2 female travellers we felt very unsafe! We didn't even stay here, we left an found somewhere else too stay! So many better hostels around!

• 10th Oct 2014

Amazing hostel for the price. We stayed in a private ensuite room for far cheaper than the prices that other hostels were even offering dorms at. Do not be put off by the low price - there is no catch at all. Well located for the night market etc. Fully recommended.

Kikie's house was great! I usually only book 1 night and then decide if I want to stay, and I did for an additional 2 nights. I also booked two tours with them which were both amazing, and the price was about the same/less as you could find elsewhere. Kikie & the rest of the staff were very helpful with everything and for the prices, this is a steal. When I come back to Chiang Mai I'm definitely staying here again. Would definitely recommend Kikie's House!

amazing location and kiki is super awesome and very flexible to your traveling needs.

We spent at Kikies House 5 days, owner of the hostel is really nice, staff is very helpful, they helped us to organize our time in Chiang Mai, they recommended us places worthy to visit and they helped us to organize our trips (trekking, elephants, tiger kingdom, cooking classes). Hostel is clean and quiet (we were sleeping at Base House - the other building which, in my opinion, is better than main building). Kikies House - the best place to stay in Chiang Mai, highly recommended! :)

Very welcoming staff with excellent info about the city's attractions, and with the best tips on how to get around, etc. Nice location inside the old cities. Dorm rooms decent but very good value for morning.

What a horrible start to my trip in Chiang Mai! I arrived at the hostel late in the evening after calling ahead and was told that sorry there was no room and I'd be staying at their second location called 'home base'. I could move into the actual hostel for my second two nights. I had a miserable night on homebase's dank rooms and gross fake bathrooms that are basically hoses on the balcony. The next day they said I couldn't stay in the same room at kikies for two nights in a row so I cancelled!

• 27th Aug 2014