Kikies House Reviews

17/1 Rachapakinai Rd, Soi 1, Sripoom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Had a great stay there. It was clean and spacious in the double private. Only complaint is that they forgot to book our first night, so we were forced to go to a hostel down the road. Seems to me their administration isnt always the best. Perhaps it would be best to contact/email them before your arrive.

I absolutely loved Kikies house! I didn't want to leave, the staff was so helpful and friendly! Have already suggested it to people headed to Chang Mai.

• 13th Aug 2014

For the price in low season it was OK. The bathroom and shelves/closets could use a thorough cleaning. For us it was at the edge of not being OK anymore. I.e. I almost rated cleanliness as bad. Staff is terrific and can provide profound information on the possible activities.

I loved my stay at Kikie's House. James and his staff were so friendly and helpful that they could not be faulted. I was ill while i was staying and James went to the pharmacy to get me what i needed - literally above and beyond his job description. They are super knowledgeable about the area and made my stay very enjoyable. The rooms are spacious and all beds have their own lockers. I stayed in the fan (everyone has their own) and AC room and both were as good as the other.

I stayed here the day after the full moon party. So I missed everything. However the staff was very nice, and most were from English speaking countries so I felt very safe with them. My only complaint about the hostel is the location is very far away from the main beach and you need to take a cab to get there or motor bike. Other then that I had a great time and I heard it was crazy during the full moon period.

This place gets booked out fast, and no wonder! The dorm rooms are comfy and not over packed like most places. You definitely don't end up feeling like a sardine anyway. The double rooms are really lovely, and look amazing with their 4-poster double beds strung with mosquito nets. The staff are some of the nicest, friendliest and most helpful I've come across. Always have a smile. Plenty of power sockets in the rooms, all have a private bathroom plus a spare shared bathroom outside. Great place!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Scotland

The washrooms were a bit dirty and the you could free every coil on the mattress, but nonetheless the staff members were very helpful with any problems, and helped us book tours. Rooms were small, but I was able to make some friends really quickly that way. Overall a good place to stay for the price they are asking per night

Brilliant hostel, the rooftop is a great communal area where people meet and get talking. The staff work so hard and help book everything for you at good prices and it's really clean, maid comes in every day to clean shower and make beds. Good location near to lots of good street restaurants and near to the main backpacker bars (5 minute walk)

• 14th Jul 2014

The staff are super helpful and friendly. Ask for a room in the main guesthouse as they are a lot nicer.

• 11th Jul 2014

Best thing about this hostel was the staff who were very friendly and helped us get good deals for trips and courses e.g cooking, massage. Could have been a bit cleaner (bathroom) but it was in a good location. We would definitely recommend you go to the elephant retirement park, it was awesomeeeee and they got us a discount

the guys at the reception are great, every tour they recommended was amazing and they help you nearly 24/7 with booking tours, telling you where the best food, party, or sightseeing points are.

Stayed in kikies house for few night in mixed dorm. Met some cool people there. Roof top was cool. A.c. and WiFi worked well.. bathroom was pretty dirty and bugs everywhere.. Thing that upset me the most is that they sold me and overnight trip at the elephant retirment park for 4800 baht.. thinking I was getting a deal.. and how cool they said it was.. I ended up being the only one that booked an overnight.. and was the only one there..so I left and didn't even stay the night.. wasted 2400 baht.

They lost my laundary and refused to give me money for it and made me look like i was lieing about it

Could not be happier! Big is heaven sent and legitimately gets discounts on tours. He's so kind , funny, and helpful. They have free cold and hot water for coffee and drinking. Free towels, hot water showers , AWESOME rooftop bar! Rooms are super comfortable and the beds are kinda large, good pillows, strong fans. Really just the best hostel I've been to. 100 effing baht a night!!

Staff is very very friendly and helpful. I got help with my laundry and I got a discount of my tour. However the rooms were the very hot. A fan is not enough. In addition the shower was broken.

It is a good place and the german owner and the lady try to help and give you a good basic facilities for a good price.

The staff are lovely and very helpful, the dorms are pleasant enough, although the bathroom has no ventilation so is very humid all the time and kind of mouldy! The location is pretty great too. For the money you pay, you couldn't ask for more!

I'm not sure if she was the owner but the lady at the front is the nicest person. She has been more accommodating than any hostel employee. Thank you!

Good place to stay, but the private room bathroom in our room was nasty. AC and wifi were good. Not a bad place for the price, but with a good scrub of our bathroom and mosquito net with less holes would have made it a great value for the money. There is also no safe or lock box at reception, just a locked drawer if security is an issue for you. I would look elsewhere if I came back to Chiang Mai because there are cleaner bathrooms out there for the same price.

The hostel is well located and our room was clean. We booked for 2 nights and we stayed longer.