Kikies House Reviews

17/1 Rachapakinai Rd, Soi 1, Sripoom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Really cool place, in the heart of chiang mai. Stayed in a 4 bed room for £2.50 a night each- really cute room that was like a mini apartment! Tried to book again for when we come back from chiang mai but it's all full :(

Very pleasant private room. Good value for money

The staff were great. the location is good and is suited for the budget traveller as it is value for money. There is a small shop a couple of metres away. The roof top garden was a bit messy when I was there and with little effort and tidy up, would make a good place for getting together. One of the fans in the room I was in didn't work . Some hooks and a shelf would be very handy in the shower / toilet. A light for the top beds would be good too. The manager is a very pleasant lady.

• 11th Apr 2015

Warm atmosphere and very good value for money. Quite clean, AC, wifi, and hot water 24h. No doubt, i'd come back. Muy buena elección y la dueña encantadora.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Kikie's Hostel was very affordable and located near a bunch of cool temples and dining options. The room itself was fine -- although the twin bed in the three-person family room was incredibly hard. The AC worked just fine (even though one of the windows wouldn't shut all the way) and the staff was very friendly and helpful in providing recommendations for dining and things to do. Unlike most hostels, there was no key entry but nothing of ours was stolen.

Super convenient spot right in the old city. Staff were super helpful and friendly! Definitely would stay there again!

I liked the location. It's a friendly environment. I got to meet some really great people whom I traveled with for a week after. The staff is knowledgeable. Accomadations are okay. It's relatively quiet. Booked a great elephant trekking tour With them. I've gone back And used them again. 2/3/15-2/5/15 and 2/14/15-2/17/15.

Run be a group of young Thai lads, this place provides a fantastic stay for all. The guys are just absolutely fantastic and are very helpful. The rooms are definitely worth what you pay for and the hostel is very conveniently located. Next time I'm in Chiang Mai I'll definitely be back here again.

Very noisy

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Croatia

When I arrived they couldn't find my reservation. Got my deposit back (less than paid) and had to stay in a different place.

We stayed at a double ensuite room at Homebase (not the main building!) Try to avoid this! The second building does not deserve an over 80 per cent raiting: - the rooms are not clean! (no cleaning!) - the facilities are old - no common area - no reception - it's always open so that you don't really feel safe Regarding the problems that ocurred (broken pipe, no water for 2 days) the staff wasn't really understanding (though at least 1 free night) Cannot recommend a stay at Kikie's!

I really enjoyed my time here :)

Fantastic, Kiki's incredibly helpful and so is everyone else who works there, helped us find day trips for the price we wanted, everything they recommended was brilliant. My 2nd time staying here, although I was in the new block of rooms, Kiki's Homebase, which was a little awkward as it's a 3/4 minute walk around the corner, so you can't just pop downstairs and speak to them about something. Although, rooms were incredibly nice and well worth the money, if anything we should have paid more.

We booked one night at Kikis house but we were moved to a Homebase, which is only a few meters away but it didnt reach our expectations. The place wasnt clean and the bathroom was full of water. I guess the rooms in the main buildings are much better, but unfortonutely they have many overbookings and be prepared to be moved if u book it. After two days we decided to move to a 9 hostel which is just a few meters away, and for the same price we felt much better.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Slovenia

The rooms in the main house are better than the ones in the second building but still the place is good value for money. The location and area is ok but a little far from the main attraction road (night bazaar - 20 min walk)

Felt really uncomfortable about my stay here. Everything was okay except the guys who run the place were always with friends playing loud music, drinking and smoking by the office so you could never avoid exiting without being stared down by these dudes. It wouldn't have bothered me so much except I'm fairly sure a friend of one of these dudes stumbled into my room while drunk to throw up and take a dump in my bathroom. I was also drunk in my bathroom at the time. I was glad when my stay ended.

• 30th Dec 2014

I only stayed one night and the staff were helpful for my short stay but in their second house (two parts to the hostel) there wasn't a common area so not much of an atmosphere and the bathroom seemed quite dirty with no toilet paper and the water wasn't working in the morning.

Kikies is amazing stay there! #nomorewords #justdoit!

Kikie is the sweetest Thai lady! Her and her staff make you feel right at home, give you suggestions on what to do and what to see in Chiang Mai, and will even organize everything for you! It's right in the heart of the Old City. It's cheap as hell but you're getting awesome value - great for backpackers. We had a 3 person room (a king bed and a twin bed), with a bathroom and shower. There are also dorms with bathrooms located just out the door. I recommend!!

• 30th Nov 2014

Good hostel with all facilities, great atmosphere in dorm and outside the house! Sweet staff who even ask you to try their food sometimes. only one thing to complain...the rooftopterrace was not sunny and maybe some music makes it more cosy...but who cares?! And try the trip from eco tour, jungle trekking 2 days... Deep into the jungle, make your own sleepingplace from bananaleaves and find your own food, great adventure. Staff can inform you about it :) thankyou Kiki, Claire from Holland