Kikies House Reviews

17/1 Rachapakinai Rd, Soi 1, Sripoom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Kikie and Marko run a great hostel. Very personable staff, good price, good location. Hostel is small though, lacking a good common area (but don't miss the small balcony upstairs!) , and the bathroom was pretty gross. Overall, a solid hostel, and the staff and community really makes it great.

Room was not clean at all and did not resemble the pictures. place was quite loud. Staff very friendly and useful though. Would not recommend for stay longer than 1 night.

• 30th Jan 2016

The staff was friendly. Wasn't too far to walk to everything. The bathroom needs some renovations, it was moldy. Other than that, the room was fine.

Only stayed a night but massive en suite room. Really friendly staff. Really close to the bars!

met awesome people there eho made my stay really cool! its close to the center and clubs and the staff will show you around and give you nice tips :)

Very nice place in the old part of the city, close to wat chiang mai. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was quite large, comfy and clean. Only negative point : the water pump on the roof makes an annoying noise when it works during the night, but overall a very good experience.

Security is very poor. There are some lockers, but most of them in my room were completely broken, with no door at all. Bathroom is in the room, but very smelly and dirty. And it was quite common to wake up in the morning and find it with no toilet paper - they just don't bother replacing it, you have to go to the reception and ask for it in your pajamas. And after walking a while i figured there seem to be better options in the city. Search a little more.

You get what you pay for. We booked one night here because we were leaving early (7:30am) the next morning, and would not have stayed here otherwise. The room was dirty, damp and dark. There were urine stains on the toilet, and the bed sheets hadn't been washed. When we went to check out in the morning (7:30am), there was no one at the front office to help us although their signs clearly indicated that the office would be open at 7:00am. There are better options for the same price in Chiang Mai.

Hi Kiki and Gok and all the animals, Thank you for making me feel so welcome. You made getting around Chiangmai and Thailand so easy. The next time I come I will be sure to stay with you again. Happy New Year and I hope to see you again. Lyndsey

• 23rd Dec 2015

The hostel was average, but good value for money. Kikkie was very nice and help us book a couple of day trips. However the lasting memory of Kikkies House will be the fire in the roof at 5am caused by a washing machine. It was evident their was a total lack of emergency planning/coordination. Nobody woke the guests or made sure they were safely out. Nobody checked on our welfare afterwards. After the fire their was no electricity or water. There was no apology for that.

• 23rd Dec 2015

Hi! thank you for your comment! If no-one told you before, let me tell you now that we're very sorry about what happened. Turned out it wasn't a washing machine starting the fire but a burning cigarette that someone forgot. I just talked to my staff about the incident again and they assured me they checked every room to make sure everyone was safely out. Everyone (including us!) was shocked so I hope you understand that things did not go perfect. I hope you still enjoyed your stay with us!

The hostel itself wasnt bad, but the bathroom/shower/toilet wet rooms werent good. No toilet paper, dirty, broken toilet seats. Signs asking to put toilet paper in bin instead of down the toilet is far enough but the bins were tiny. No real kitchen facility. Security was literally no existant. We had a key for the room but everyone always left it open. There was a gate which was closed at night but it was just a slide bolt and no actual lock. Staff were great though.

The photos do not match the quality of the hostel. Yes is inexpensive but not much lower than many other places that are much better.

Great hostel! Staff are very friendly and welcoming and helpful too, booking tours and transportation. You can even rent scooters from the hostel. The rooftop is lovely. Our roof was particular dark and bathroom was a bit soggy, other than this perfect hostel.

Would have been nice to have the bin in the toilet emptied as we stayed for 4 days !!! However the atmosphere and friendliness more than made up for this

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable, but the bathroom was kinda of grimy. I don't think I would stay more than one night, because I would not want to take a shower there. The staff was very friendly and spoke excellent English. I rated security as poor, however, because it was advertised that they had luggage storage, but when we arrived prior to check in and wanted to leave out bags we were directed to leave them in the lobby.

Lovely little hostel. Very basic but has everything you need, so can't complain for the price. The staff were very helpful & were more than happy to book or recommend excursions & taxis. Roof terrace area and seating by reception, where everyone gathered for drinks in the evening. Sociable hostel without being too loud

My favourite experience to date. The staff are friendly enough for you to hang around and have a few changs with, even go to a bar with. They'll be more than happy to help out with trips and excursions. The location is perfect down a road with many other hostels, so meeting many others is easy as. Close to all the prime locations too. The smoking area just out front always had someone to chat to, and was always the place to chill till 5am after a night out. I'll definitely be returning to kikies

It was nice to stay there. It was a bit difficult to find the place but after we got to know the way around it got easier. It´s clean but the bathroom can use some extra care. It needs painting and someone to wash it some more.

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Colombia

Great hostel for the price. Perfect location, quiet at night but just a 5 minute walk to the bars/restaurants. The staff were amazing, so helpful and great with recommending activities. They were also nice to talk too! Fairly comfortable beds, great social hostel with a nice rooftop area to socialise. Only bad point is that our toilet smelt a bit. Would definitely stay here again.

The bathroom was full of ants and there was never any toilet paper or soap