Kikies House Reviews

17/1 Rachapakinai Rd, Soi 1, Sripoom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

kikies very helpful and friendly. accomodation is comfortable grest value dorms. but the nosie does travel. would stay again ;-)

Had some space for hang ing out or meeting people. Staff was helpful with information on the city or tours and was quick to make a phone call to help out with getting information. Bathrooms a little messy, and had some messy people in the room. Pretty basic, but great for the price.

staff was awesome, Internet was great. very friendly owners Kiki and Marcos I think they got a kick out of is the three motorbike Americans!

I stayed here for three nights. The bathroom in our six bed dorm smelled horrible constantly and the door would not lock. It was also not very private so you could hear everything. Although the staff were nice and helpful, I booked an elephant trek because I was told the price to go to the waterfall alone was a lot of money. This turned out to be false after taking to other people. I felt pressured to book excursions through the hostel and not do things on my own. Location is great though.

They start to charge bed sheet, i think they've seen USA's comments

The staff were very helpful and knowledgable when helping us book our tours (ziplining and elephant riding), and even got us a discount. We stayed in their second building which felt a bit isolated from the main hostel, and in the room we stayed the internet wasn't very good and the sink in the bathroom drained on to the bathroom floor which was pretty gross considering the drain was also clogged.

I completely loved my stay here. From start to finish the staff were amazing. Was able to leave bags while I travelled to Pai and whilst jungle trekking. The atmosphere is very good, I am a solo traveller and it was an easygoing place to meet people.

Exceptionally, there was the Loi Kratong festival and rooms were overbooked so we need to sleep on the roof. Was not so bad but there was the water machine making some noise during all night...

Big, comfy dorm beds, with lockers in the room. Good atmosphere though only a small common area consisting of a table with benches at the front of the hostel.

I stayed at both places. House = Hot, not as clean and bbborrring. On the other hand, at the main place = Excellent. Staff is awesome, they will do or try anything for your stay to be a good one. Recomand for sure...at the main house/office.

Well run hostel in the main backpacker area. Great for meeting other travellers and going on organised tours.

Kiki was overall a very good experience. I would recommend it to others. The team working there were all fabulous and very accommodating to EVERYONE over such a busy time with the lantern festival. Would return there again. Is was within 10-20min walking distance to everything which was fine. I ended up extending my 2 day stay here to a week

There are two separate guesthouses actually and we were put in the other one, but it was very close. We had a big room with fan and a private bathroom and everything was ok. Kikie is very helpful and the location is great - close to many attractions. We did see some cockroaches in the patio but I guess that it's normal in Thailand and you cannot control it. There were no bugs in the room and our room had a mosquitiere which was great. All in all, it was a nice experience with great price.

We stayed in a double room in Kikie's second guesthouse, which is round the corner from the original. It doesn't have the atmosphere of the original house, but the room was big & clean and had a big comfy bed with mosquito net. The bathroom was bizarrely built on the balcony but it had everything we needed including hot water! The people on reception totally made our stay for us, organising everything at short notice & making sure all went smoothly. Would recommend Kikie's just for them.

We loved stayin at kikies. And really got good help on booking bus to Pai, thai boxing and elephant riding. And got really good details on what to do and see in Chiang Mai. Downsides: 1. Kikies house, is two houses very close. The first one maybe has security, but the second one doesn´t. We didn´t meet any. 2. There is no place to sit and mingle with the rest of the guests in the second house. Don´t know about the first house.

We had a great stay at kikies house. We were in a private room in the home base, just around the corner from the first house. When we arrived the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a good size, with a double bed with a mosquito net, the bathroom could have been a bit cleaner but was not terrible. Overall a very good place to stay in chiang mai :)

• 30th Oct 2013

This place was DIRTY! I stayed in the dorm of the annex building for a week; within that time, many other backpackers came and went, but never once were the bedsheets changed. I know it's only $3 a night for the dorm, so I don't expect the Ritz, but not changing dirty bedsheets after 2 or 3 different backpackers have slept in the bed is disgusting. Also, there was ZERO SECURITY in the annex. No staff on the grounds, no one locking the main gate. Even the locker I used had the back punched out.

• 29th Oct 2013

Great staff and warm welcome and great for organising trips etc .... But room was very damp and bed rock hard ! Good location for Chiang Mai town.

1 2 Next » last »