Kilcommon Lodge Hostel Reviews

Pullathomas, Belmullet, Co.Mayo, Belmullet, Ireland

I found the hostel rather impersonal with no real atmosphere. Kitchen for self cooking lacked an oven.

Everyone was v. friendly. Beds were v. comfy and the duvet was lovely and warm. I arrived late and even though dinner had stopped being served the landlady provided homemade soup and bread, which was delicious. There was a well equipped kitchen with free fresh eggs which I had for breakfast. A nice pub a couple of minutes walk nearby. Showers were excellent. There was lots of info about activities and the area was remote and beautiful. I wished I'd stayed longer.

lovely remote area, at last no mobile reception ;-)

Welcoming and informal. Homely. Home cooked meal by owner excellent and great value. Common room had nice fire. Corridor noisy with doors opening and closing, late and early am.

• 31st Jul 2013

This is a really lovely hostel if you are looking to go somewhere thats quiet and relaxing, it's also a short drive from Belmullet and some really good cliff walks. I highly recommend it.

• 24th Jul 2013

Lovely atmosphere . Very friendly and helpful staff...great

• 6th Jul 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Very nice and quiet hostel. Good if you wanna recover from stress in business.

• 24th May 2013

Very cozy environment. Betty was SO gracious as a host.

• 6th May 2013

The lady running the hostel was very friendly, welcoming and accommodating when my friend and I arrived late on our bikes not realising that pubs in rural Mayo do not serve food! Great (impromtu) dinner and breakfast. Thanks!