Kilkenny Tourist Hostel Reviews

35 Parliament Street, Kilkenny City, Kilkenny, Ireland

I wish to express my gratitude to the hostel and it's staff after a recent visit. The hostel provided me with a quiet room and excellent washing facilities the night before I underwent an early morning operation at a nearby hospital. It's well located, has all the requirements any traveller needs, and the staff are welcoming.

• 17th Jul 2014

This is a really old hostel with loud squeaky doors. The top bunks don't have barriers on the one side which isn't good for someone like me who tosses and turns a lot at night. There's a code for the front door but it's never changed so someone not belonging to the hostel could find it out and come in. The staff were very helpful and nice. The location was good, it should say somewhere on the website how far it is from the station. It is quite a walk.

what a pity no breakfast was included...

Ground floor is very nice with a good kitchen and a nice common room. Shared bathroom especially toilets were very dirty and not really cleaned every day. If that would be better, the hostel would be very nice. So it is still Ok.

This hostel is perfect for people who want to stay in Kilkenny for a few days. I will definitely recommend it to other travelers.

Good location (centre of Kilkenny). Good bed. Good kitchen, living room and shower. Very reasonable. What more would you want?

• 28th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I enjoyed the general feel of the hostel so that I stayed an extra night despite having arrived at a time when a particularly difficult group was staying an incident which the hostel seemed to deal with rather well.

• 14th Jun 2014

Very welcoming staff! We stayed there only one night, they gave us lots of information on where to see traditional music (options and where they were located), and where nearby parking was.....we stayed on the top floor and looked out on the street. Two showers on top floor (unisex). Sink in hallway was handy for brushing teeth We had a good stay, and found the room quiet.....

Really lovely place, and very nice staff! Just across the street, you can go to Cleere's pub to hear fantastic music sessions!

Kilkenny Tourist Hostel worked out extremely well for our group.

The staff at Kilkenny Tourist Hostel made my daughter and myself feel very welcome in the town and were all very pleasant & helpful with directions. Everything, while basic, met our needs. Wifi access was good in the sitting room, and the kitchen facilities were adequate. It was close to all the town's main attractions, St. Canice's cathedral, the Black Abbey, and the castle to mention a few. We loved the entertainment at Kyteler's pub! Kilkenny is a lovely town! It was a bit noisy at night.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • tmmitt

I do not have the words to describe how much I love this hostel and Kilkenny. The staff in this hostel will only make a great visit better. If you are traveling to Ireland you need to visit Kilkenny and stay at the Kilkenny Tourist Hostel.

This place has a lot of charm being an older townhouse converted into a hostel. The location is pretty sweet close walk to everything being right down on the main strip. Pubs, restaurants, the castle, and the Abby's are only a short little walk from this hostel. Breakfast isn't included but has a fully large functioning kitchen that you can use. Staff is helpful and friendly in regards to giving tips/advice on where to go eat/what to do.

NIce hostel and nice staff. The rooms smelled a little musty but other than that I was very pleased with everything.

The place was what you can expect for the money, and the staff was polite and helpful.

• 6th May 2014
  • Spain

No problems. Welcoming and nice staff

Great hostel! The building was very cool and we loved the old staircase and front entrance. Staff were very helpful and the hostel is within great walking distance of everything around the town!

The structure is very old and the room too. The room's wall are scrapes off and in bad condition. It is not very clean. For this reason I suggest to book in one of the Bed and Breakfast of the city.

The hostel is very conveniently located in the Main Street. The kitchen is clean and well equipped and the lounge room comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

I had a nice stay, friendly and helpful staff.