Kilkenny Tourist Hostel

8.8
Fabulous 1443 Total Reviews

• France, Couple, 31-40
16th Mar 2017

Great location, great staff, the rooms are great but there are very few showers and toilets.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
12th Mar 2017
7.7

The place was dated but had a lot of old time charm. Wi-fi only works on the main floor. But overall it's a cool place to stay and is not far the castle and variety of pubs.

3rd Feb 2017
7.7

I thought that the lock on my door could have been better. I took a private room so I expected to be able to leave all my valuables in my room and go out to enjoy the town. I was a bit dubious about leaving everything there in my room. I was disappointed that there was no wash basin inside my room. However, I thought that the other facilities were good. There was a nice big spacious kitchen with two good cookers. There was also a nice big spacious lounge. So, by and large, I enjoyed my stay.

• ryanjohnbarber6775
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
13th Jan 2017

Great little hostel, staff were helpful and the vibe was nice even during the quiet winter stay. Great for solo travellers.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
26th Nov 2016
5.4

Night staff that we checked in with were fine no problems. Next morning a staff member walked straight into our room without knocking or warning and also on check out the staff member dealing with us was extremely rude, trying to make out that we had kept one of the bedroom keys and was going to keep the 70 euro deposit we had paid!! Not impressed at all with how she acted with us and because of this wouldn't go back again,

• France, Female, 18-24
19th Nov 2016

Really cool !! I got updated (from a dorm to a single room) so very happy about that ! Nice little hostel, lovely commun room ! Shared bathrooms are ok ! Wifi does not work in the rooms

• Canada, Female, 31-40
18th Nov 2016

Friendly staff; good showers and toilets; great experience! Bed was a little squeaky but that was about it

• Northern Ireland, Male, 18-24
12th Nov 2016
8.0

Comfortable and easy to access

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
29th Oct 2016

Great place to stay,was exactly what me and my group were looking for,safe and handy place to stay with a great location

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
22nd Oct 2016

I stayed there on saturday night. Kilkenny has a lot of bars so people go there to drink and have fun. when I arrive in the hostel, some people were in the living room drinking alcool . the woman at reception asked them to go out to the bars. then she cleaned the living room and took out the bottles. the beds are quite unstable. I wake up the guy sleeping down when I tried to climb the bed. the smell in the room was bad, some people succeed to open the window and I save me.