Kilkenny Tourist Hostel Reviews

35 Parliament Street, Kilkenny City, Kilkenny, Ireland

Great location, nice staff, sadly no breakfast, weird smell in the hallway, average facilities

Only stayed for one night but enjoyed it very much. Staff was fantastic in answering my questions about where to find things like supermarkets, ATMs, etc. Shower was surprisingly very good, plenty of hot water. Everyone I spoke to was kind and helpful.

The Kilkenny Tourist Hostel is in a great location and the staff was very hospitable. The internet wasn't that great, but that just made us go explore the city more! Our room was very comfortable and the bathrooms were clean. We enjoyed our stay here.

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Gave me my own room when I didn't have a lock to keep my bag safe and went out of their way for the visitors in the hostel. The rooms facing the street will let a little music in, but dies down around 11pm.

This was a great hostel, central location security on door. Friendly chatty staff. It would have been easier to pay the deposit by card though.

• 9th May 2015

Great location and facilities for a short stay in beautiful Kilkenny.

Had a great stay, Staff Were super,very friendly and help you with everything .very laid back hostel Recommended to stay!!! Thanks

The location is so good, and they even provide shampoo and body wash, which was most I thank for. Great hostel .

The hostel room was nice and clean when we arrived, and they provided towel, and they had coffee and tea available. The bathrooms were not as nice as other hostel we have stayed at, but the showers were hot.

Second time to stay and it was a joy! great location and staff - no fuss. I shall be back!

Awesome hostel in a sweet spot in Kilkenny. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend.

One of the best hostels we stayed in - great atmosphere and wonderful large kitchen. Really good location and good facilities such as hot showers, living room with a computer, free wifi etc. Would definitely recommend staying. The only complaint we had was that when drunk people came in at 4 am and proceeded to yell and be loud for at least an hour, there was no mediation from the staff. But I'm not sure if they could've done much, just a warning that walls are very thin.

We had a brilliant stay at this hostel and we will definitly come back! The staff is really cool and helpful. We really enjoyed kilkenny and this hostel :) thanks

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

The wifi was a little weak in our room upstairs, but otherwise this was a great hostel right in the centre of Kilkenny.

I LOVED this hostel. At first when I walked in I was a little nervous based on the age of the building, but it was clean, quiet and an overall wonderful place to stay. The staff were amazing and even got to know you a bit. I felt truly at home here which is something all Hostels should strive for. If you are in Kilkenny, even just for a night, GO STAY HERE!!!

Absolutely loved this hostel! So comfortable with s friendly atmosphere and great location! Highly recommend!

Excellent value, great location and room was spotless. Staff very friendly

Stayed two nights and great staff and large room just there was leftover under the beds from previous guests (pop cans, vodka bottles, etc). Good price though. And very laid back environment, which can be a good thing. Comfortable beds and great showers! Overall a good stay.

Angela and the other staff helped me immensely with planning the remainder of my trip both in Kilkenny and throughout Ireland, provided wonderful conversation, and maintained a cozy and orderly hostel. I found the rooms spacious with great views over the rooftops of Kilkenny and were cleaned thoroughly and daily. Across from the hostel were a couple pubs that came highly recommended and the sparkly new Smithwicks Experience museum next door.

Established in an old building with wooden floor and carpets, a cozy living room with turf fire and a big kitchen. Not far from the castle and 15 minute walk from the station (a long walk considering Kilkenny). The shared bathroom are really not enough for all the rooms. The staff helps you for every kind of need.