Kilkenny Tourist Hostel Reviews

35 Parliament Street, Kilkenny City, Kilkenny, Ireland

Really great place to stay for young or older people. Our private room was great.

• 19th Jun 2015

This is the best hostel I've stayed in. The room was very clean and welcoming. The bathroom facilities were clean and operated well. The kitchen was well equipped and quaint. I was very impressed with the recycling programme, as I have not encountered any in the other hostels I've stayed in. The hostel was also very central to everything. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, as they provided fresh hand towels for us each day and emptied our rubbish bins daily. Lovely hostel!

• 11th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

Incredible experience- perfect location and incredibly hospitable staff

Old house full of character on the main street, minutes away from everything. Would benefit from additional toilets, in the morning it's a real issue. Kitchen fridges need cleaning.

I had a great time in Kilkenny. The stuff was great and gave me tipps, for example which pubs I can go without beeing affraid, that some drunken men will bother me. I liked the big kitchen and the nice sitting room with the fireplace. I stayed in different hostels in my two weeks in Ireland and the Kilkenny Tourist Hostel was one of the best. I will visit it again on my next journey to Ireland

• 4th Jun 2015

Good for a day or two stay. WIFI is difficult - can receive on main floor. Main floor sitting room & kitchen closed at 10:30pm. Must provide cash upon arrival- I wasn't aware of that so had to go to the bank. They are available only from 8:00 am to 10:30pm. The people are helpful and likeable. Over all there's minimal efforts. I wouldn't go there again.

I love dthe black chalkboard with things to do and where to go in the city. There is also a painted map of the city on a wall, which is beautiful and really useful. You can also get this map on a postcard for free! They recommand us to go to "Hole in the wall". This bar have been the best in all my journey (22 days)!

They said there would be a night porter but I didn't see one and that night a few people who weren't staying in the hostel were out sitting on the stairs it was very uncomfortable and gave an unsafe feeling.

• 30th May 2015

the hostel is about 15-20 minute walk from the train station. very easy to find and location is great! you're right next to the smithwick's brewery and close to all the pubs and restaurants. very small town however if you like to walk. Keean and Angela were both sweet and amazing! very insightful tips about what to see and do in town. must check for a pub called a hole in the wall! the BEST bar ever! loved the hostel and kilkenny!

I had a wonderful stay, thank you very much!

Great location, nice staff and the building had good character. Would definitely stay again

Great location, nice staff, sadly no breakfast, weird smell in the hallway, average facilities

Only stayed for one night but enjoyed it very much. Staff was fantastic in answering my questions about where to find things like supermarkets, ATMs, etc. Shower was surprisingly very good, plenty of hot water. Everyone I spoke to was kind and helpful.

The Kilkenny Tourist Hostel is in a great location and the staff was very hospitable. The internet wasn't that great, but that just made us go explore the city more! Our room was very comfortable and the bathrooms were clean. We enjoyed our stay here.

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Gave me my own room when I didn't have a lock to keep my bag safe and went out of their way for the visitors in the hostel. The rooms facing the street will let a little music in, but dies down around 11pm.

This was a great hostel, central location security on door. Friendly chatty staff. It would have been easier to pay the deposit by card though.

• 9th May 2015

Great location and facilities for a short stay in beautiful Kilkenny.

Had a great stay, Staff Were super,very friendly and help you with everything .very laid back hostel Recommended to stay!!! Thanks

The location is so good, and they even provide shampoo and body wash, which was most I thank for. Great hostel .

The staff here was lovely! And it was such a great hostel!