Kilkenny Tourist Hostel Reviews

35 Parliament Street, Kilkenny City, Kilkenny, Ireland

They have a huge kitchen with everything that you possible will need.

• 24th Jul 2015

Kitchen was kinda small. If you could have more easily accessable power outlets, that would be nice. Would ve lovely to pay by card next time. Old door keys are not very secure, because if someone in your room is too lazy to lock the door on the way out then it's not nice to come back to your room at night and realise that the door was open the whole time.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Estonia

Beds are pretty hard and you can hear every sound in the house, but it's grand for a night out or if you're travelling on a budget. Safe and clean.

• 18th Jul 2015

I had a really great Time there ans I met lovely people. But I have to say that some people in our room stol money from us (while we were sleeping in the room), so it would be good to put at least some small lockers in the room itself.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel in Kilkenney. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was great. The room was very quiet which was nice since we are a family and went to bed on the early side. The beds were very comfortable.

• 17th Jul 2015

Needed a decent clean on floors in dorm Kitchen and dining could have been cleaned too

Nice hostel with excellent location and good atmosphere. The bathrooms could use an upgrade though.

Nice hostel, great location and beautiful city! Would return!

Nice Hostel, in the centre of Kilkenny, a little reserve on the beds that have no barrier on the top bunk... Shared bathrooms, kitchen an fridge available, a bit too few plugs (two for six people in my room). Nice staff, pretty clean, backpackers style.

I think this is probably a great place for families, but it wasn't really the atmosphere that 20-somethings are looking for. Could have also been the dates that we were there. Very cool old house though! It could use a little work now, however.

Decent hostel with a very good location and close walk to affordable parking too.

Really great place to stay for young or older people. Our private room was great.

• 19th Jun 2015

This is the best hostel I've stayed in. The room was very clean and welcoming. The bathroom facilities were clean and operated well. The kitchen was well equipped and quaint. I was very impressed with the recycling programme, as I have not encountered any in the other hostels I've stayed in. The hostel was also very central to everything. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, as they provided fresh hand towels for us each day and emptied our rubbish bins daily. Lovely hostel!

• 11th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

Incredible experience- perfect location and incredibly hospitable staff

Old house full of character on the main street, minutes away from everything. Would benefit from additional toilets, in the morning it's a real issue. Kitchen fridges need cleaning.

I had a great time in Kilkenny. The stuff was great and gave me tipps, for example which pubs I can go without beeing affraid, that some drunken men will bother me. I liked the big kitchen and the nice sitting room with the fireplace. I stayed in different hostels in my two weeks in Ireland and the Kilkenny Tourist Hostel was one of the best. I will visit it again on my next journey to Ireland

• 4th Jun 2015

Good for a day or two stay. WIFI is difficult - can receive on main floor. Main floor sitting room & kitchen closed at 10:30pm. Must provide cash upon arrival- I wasn't aware of that so had to go to the bank. They are available only from 8:00 am to 10:30pm. The people are helpful and likeable. Over all there's minimal efforts. I wouldn't go there again.

I love dthe black chalkboard with things to do and where to go in the city. There is also a painted map of the city on a wall, which is beautiful and really useful. You can also get this map on a postcard for free! They recommand us to go to "Hole in the wall". This bar have been the best in all my journey (22 days)!

They said there would be a night porter but I didn't see one and that night a few people who weren't staying in the hostel were out sitting on the stairs it was very uncomfortable and gave an unsafe feeling.

• 30th May 2015

the hostel is about 15-20 minute walk from the train station. very easy to find and location is great! you're right next to the smithwick's brewery and close to all the pubs and restaurants. very small town however if you like to walk. Keean and Angela were both sweet and amazing! very insightful tips about what to see and do in town. must check for a pub called a hole in the wall! the BEST bar ever! loved the hostel and kilkenny!

« first « Prev 1 2 3