Kilkenny Tourist Hostel Reviews

35 Parliament Street, Kilkenny City, Kilkenny, Ireland

The hostel room was nice and clean when we arrived, and they provided towel, and they had coffee and tea available. The bathrooms were not as nice as other hostel we have stayed at, but the showers were hot.

Second time to stay and it was a joy! great location and staff - no fuss. I shall be back!

Awesome hostel in a sweet spot in Kilkenny. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend.

One of the best hostels we stayed in - great atmosphere and wonderful large kitchen. Really good location and good facilities such as hot showers, living room with a computer, free wifi etc. Would definitely recommend staying. The only complaint we had was that when drunk people came in at 4 am and proceeded to yell and be loud for at least an hour, there was no mediation from the staff. But I'm not sure if they could've done much, just a warning that walls are very thin.

We had a brilliant stay at this hostel and we will definitly come back! The staff is really cool and helpful. We really enjoyed kilkenny and this hostel :) thanks

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

The wifi was a little weak in our room upstairs, but otherwise this was a great hostel right in the centre of Kilkenny.

I LOVED this hostel. At first when I walked in I was a little nervous based on the age of the building, but it was clean, quiet and an overall wonderful place to stay. The staff were amazing and even got to know you a bit. I felt truly at home here which is something all Hostels should strive for. If you are in Kilkenny, even just for a night, GO STAY HERE!!!

Absolutely loved this hostel! So comfortable with s friendly atmosphere and great location! Highly recommend!

Excellent value, great location and room was spotless. Staff very friendly

Nice place to stay for a couple of days in the center of Kilkenny. Its easy to find and everything in Kilkenny is in walking distance. Everything is clean and the beds are comfortable. We went there a bit out of season so there were not many people there and it lacked a bit of atmosphere which is probably better during summer when more people are staying.

Stayed two nights and great staff and large room just there was leftover under the beds from previous guests (pop cans, vodka bottles, etc). Good price though. And very laid back environment, which can be a good thing. Comfortable beds and great showers! Overall a good stay.

Angela and the other staff helped me immensely with planning the remainder of my trip both in Kilkenny and throughout Ireland, provided wonderful conversation, and maintained a cozy and orderly hostel. I found the rooms spacious with great views over the rooftops of Kilkenny and were cleaned thoroughly and daily. Across from the hostel were a couple pubs that came highly recommended and the sparkly new Smithwicks Experience museum next door.

Established in an old building with wooden floor and carpets, a cozy living room with turf fire and a big kitchen. Not far from the castle and 15 minute walk from the station (a long walk considering Kilkenny). The shared bathroom are really not enough for all the rooms. The staff helps you for every kind of need.

This place needs a serious overhaul. It is old but not in a good vintage way. The rooms & common areas were adequately clean but could use improving. Many areas had dust and cobwebs. The bathrooms had a bit of a smell & in some the taps were loose. Some of the staff were great but others were somewhat curt. The kitchen was good & stocked but a bit cramped. Also some of my food was stolen. Very limited number of small lockers and only on 1st floor. It needs an overhaul. Security was good.

The staff is very nice and helped us with everything! Excellent location and would definitely come back!!

Great community feeling and the staff were extremely helpful. The wifi only seemed to work on the first floor, but that was alright because it forced me to come down and socialize. The kitchen facilities were solid and the hostel's bathroom facilities were commendable.

The staff was fantastic and helpful. The location was amazing. Even with a full hostel and party goers we were able to get a full nights sleep.

Good service. Value for money. Enjoyed my stay there. Thanks!

1 2 Next » last »