Killarney Railway Hostel Reviews

Fair Hill, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

1921 Total Reviews

Good place, staff seems a little spread thin. Other than that great stay.

The Spanish receptionist was very helpful and gave me excellent advice on what to visit in the National Park. The private room was very clean and cosy too. Excellent staff and atmosphere, just next to the station and the centre of Killarney.

Dirty hostel smelt like pee. Strange group of people, mostly older, lots of drinking (in an un-fun way) Just weird vibes man, avoid.

This hostel is a fantastic location. Easy to get to and easy to walk around Killarney. It was a great deal for the money. My one complaint was that our en-suite bathroom smelled a little uriney. Not a deal breaker though when considering all of the positive elements of the hostel. They did have difficulty sending an email confirmation to my USA email address so I had to end up calling them to confirm my reservation. The staff was friendly and helpful. Some of our food got eaten by other guests.

• 18th Jun 2015

Perfect hostel in a great irish town. Pubs are a good time on the weekends. Hostel was perfect for the price. Staff were very helpful, keycard entry, clean hostel, 1 min from main part of town and plenty of bathrooms and showers. Anyone who has complaints about this hostel is probably not worth listening to.

• 18th Jun 2015

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Showers were hot and powerful, with multiple hangers to keep stuff dry. Decently equipped kitchen, no coffee unfortunately. Quite a socialable hostel, i found it easy to meet people as a solo traveller. Booked one night originally, but liked the hostel and loved the town so i ended up staying 4 nights.

This hostel was really not great. There was constantly an odor of mildew in our room, and mold all over the floors and the bathroom. The beds were uncomfortable and the shower and sink drains were clogged. Our first night was terrible, as a group of drunks were swearing, shouting, and smoking inside the hostel at all hours of the night. The manager did warn them numerous times, and eventually fined them heavily. The manager did help us book a trip and fixed our drain soon after we let him know.

It's just very average. Everything you need..no complaints or praises.

My second time at this hostel, excellent except the showers were a bit cramped, but it's an old building so what can you do?

I had a pleasant stay at the Killarney Hostel. The staff was very friendly, the room tidy and I think it´s a good place for some days to explore Killarney.

• 7th Jun 2015

All is ok,honestly the best I saw in Killarney. Staff members are Amazing, specially Trisha,she is always working and helping us with everithing she can do.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Hostel was spotless, staff were very friendly and helpful. Location is excellent. I would definitly stay here again.

• 6th Jun 2015

Great atmosphere! Staff was so friendly & gave us recommendations on where to eat & also 2 free towels! Will definitely stay there again!

Enjoyed my stay, the staff are friendly and I very much am looking forward to my next stay, and will tell my friends who will be travelling to this part of Ireland.

• 5th Jun 2015

Sheets weren't clean and the hallways smelled on various smells from the kitchen. Rooms with 4 beds are extra small. 4 people barely fit into it let alone with their luggage. There are no toilet brushes. 15 EUR per person for the room is too much for that inconvenience.

Nice location and staff

We were very cold and the shared facilities smell a lot. The staff could not help us on the few questions we asked. Plus this might be a detail but there is no ladder to climb onto the top bed and as I'm small I had a very hard time trying to climb up there. Really disappointed.

• 1st Jun 2015

Wifi and location very good! Poor breakfast! Kitchen and room were not realy clean. We found a lot of hair in our room and the flooring was sticky and spotted around the beds. In the morning during the shower first the hot the water went off and than the cold water too. Very annoying! There were no room service during our two nights stay. We had to look for toilett paper. No parking slot available on the second day.

Cheap and basic which is what i was looking for. The staff are really unfriendly. The least they could do is smile or try be a little more helpful

Great location and their laundry service is wonderful-only 5 euros! Their private rooms are brilliant. Nice shared kitchen area!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4