Killarney Railway Hostel Reviews

Fair Hill, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

My day was decent enough. I think the light breakfast is quite terrible and the hostel was EXTREMELY cold. But aside from that I enjoyed my stay! The night staff was very nice.

• 16th Nov 2014

Had a great stay at the Railway Hostel. Warm beds and friendly staff. Great kitchen facilities also.

• 15th Nov 2014

Very pleasant stay at the Killarney Railway Hostel. Would like to thank all the staff during my stay. hey were all very helpful. Have a happy Christmas 2014 and all the best for 2015.

• 6th Nov 2014

We slept in 6 bed dormitory, room were clean and warm. Kitchen and toilet were clean too. A lot of space in dining area. Good wifi. Light breakfast : White toast bread,butter,jam, cornflakes,milk - nothing that I use to take for breakfast but in general nice idea. You can leave your food in the fridges. Limited parking space but just few stapes away is a free parking ( after 6 pm and till 11 am ) . Overall our stay was comfortable and good value for money.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Poland

great atmosphere.

Family room with ensuite comfortable and clean, ensuite bathroom clean and basic. Hostel very noisy groups arrive/ leave. Kitchen not pen until 730am, difficult early risers / families with lung children. Overall a reasonable place to stay

Mold on the shower in our room, other than that definitely enough if you just plan on sleeping there. The hostel has a big kitchen and you can cook for yourself. Breakfast was very continental - one jam, butter, toast and two kinds of cornflakes. Location is pretty nice. Just a few minutes into the city center and across the street from the train station

• 9th Oct 2014

Missing hooks in showers and rooms.

Many noises during all the night in corridors -> impossible to sleep!!! Surprised that lockers aren't provided to avoid roberries The hostel is hard to find. Best signage would be great. Clean and kitchen well-equipped. Thanks

Would highly recommend the Railway Hostel. Delightful staff and good facilities. Will be back next year. Very helpful with my Ryanair flights and printed my online boarding pass for me and helped book a day trip to the Gap of Dunloe. Beautiful place.

• 2nd Oct 2014

nice place, not the best hostel, but very friendly, quiet and cost effective; good possibilities to cook, chat and have a breakfest

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

Great receptionist! She's really nice, and showed me the best places of Killarney. I'll come back!!

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Spain

I picked this hostel primarily due to it's proximity to the rail station since I was meeting a tour there the following morning. The location was good, the beds were fine, the wifi was good, and the staff member working the front desk was nice. It got a bit rowdy, but probably because I was a solo traveler staying in a room with 5 Italian teenagers who all knew each other. I didn't take advantage of the breakfast so I can't speak to that. I would stay here again if the price was right.

Air-humidifier in a room with 4 people, but without a window didn't work.

• 15th Sep 2014

Very central hostel near the bus station. Very helpful staff, spacious rooms and nice atmosphere. Would recommend to others.

• 11th Sep 2014

Nice Hostel. We booked one room with its own bathroom . The room was okay. Could Need some renovation. Bathroom als well, the ceiling of our bathroom was really moldy. The Location of the Hostel is really good and the staff was excellent though !!

• 10th Sep 2014

Killarney is a lovely town full of interesting places and things to do. Our stay at the Killarney Railway Hostel was very comfortable and enjoyable. Staff very helpful and facilities very good. Free WiFi was quick and we could use it in our rooms. Would like to visit again soon.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Spain

- poor breakfast; + free parking

The staff came up with all our special wishes, thanks!!

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

A cozy hostel, with very spacious rooms and free breakfast :) Very close to everything yet tucked up privately off the main road with a cool outdoor seating area. We really enjoyed our stay. Only bad thing was the lack of outlets in the larger dorms; we had 10 people taking turns charging their devices from the few outlets we had.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4