Killarney Railway Hostel Reviews

Fair Hill, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

1986 Total Reviews

Our room was ok, we had a double room. But on several areas of the hostel it smells very strong, not very clean. The edges in the room weren't clean, too. For breakfast there were only 2 toasters for a lot of people, you had to queue and if you were able to get toast, jam or butter was empty.... Needs a little more organization, could be a very good place, because it is very near to the center.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The breakfast was not available of it was mit enough, so we couldn't get any.

Bit old and worn, but definetly a good choice for sleepovers. Abasic kitchen, and somewhat nasty bathrooms (showers are good). Will do as a stay over hostel.

We stayed here for one night before getting the bus to Kerry to fly out of Ireland. Was just a place to sleep for the night. A basic hostel and that was all we needed for the night. Close to train and bus stations!!!

The kitchen area very unclean. There needed to be a bowl on sink to put hot soapy water for wash up. Yea towels very grey! Need to air dry in a rack. The dinning area had pine benches with dirty plastic table clothes No TAbLE CLOTH please

The lady at the counter who was supposedly the 'boss' was very unfriendly and unhelpful! She seldom maintained eye contact and wasn't willing to answer questions. I stayed one night and left my bag there for a few days while traveling elsewhere. When I returned to get my bag, I used the lounge for a short while and was shoo-ed away because I wasn't staying there! Please improve and give some passion into your service!

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

The breakfast is at a very low quality plus you have to wash the dishes on your own.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Austria

staff very friendly. only complaint is the room is a bit small for 5 people as we were attending the races so were all trying to get ready in the one room.

Stayed in the Taz double private ensuite room. The room was great. Very clean and bright, with lots of space. The ensuite was very nice as well. The only negative was a struggle for water pressure in the morning when I went to have a shower. I still got the job done, but the shower would completely stop from time to time. Staff were friendly, kitchen facilities were great and the location was perfect for getting to and from the bus station. Thanks for a great stay. Cheers.

• 15th Jul 2015

Very nice hostel. We paid 14€ per one night and was totally worth. If we come again to Killarney we are sure that we will take it again.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Spain

The at the were and alone with all the work. The of the little room is fully of spots on the wall and the ceilinget. In the kitchen lots of things are or broken.

Everything was perfect, except the toilets, they were not very clean.

• 11th Jul 2015

The locker area was a bit sketchy as I was given the master key ring without the staff even verifying if I was staying at the hostel. No complaints though good value for money.

• 11th Jul 2015

I had never been in a hostel before, but now I'm sure I'll look for hostels in my next trip. The fact that this hostel is close to the Rail Station is a big deal, and also, close to the city. In order to improve, the hostel should only get bigger fridges. BTW the redhead girl that works in reception was really sweet and helpful with info about Killarney. Fresh towels, clean room, nice guests, no noise at night, helpful staff, fast laundry (5 euro). I'd sure recommend it for a friend.

• 11th Jul 2015

Could do with more couches in the recreation area.

Good for a hostel. Bunk bed could do with a ladder and a mat by the shower would be beneficial as tiles are slippery when wet. I wouldn't recommend if you are bringing a car as the 5 small spaces are quickly occupied.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Close to the bus/railway station and not far from town either. Free breakfast in the mornings is a nice bonus. The beds are a little cramped but comfy enough. Many people of different ages stay so there is a good chance of meeting a group and going out to have fun in town.

Unhelpful staff, my girlfriend and I found our linen with hairs (probably previous guest's) and dirty, really pour breakfast. Would not recommend it

Replace the filthy towels in the kitchen. Fix the stove. Post instructions on how to use the extractor. Better cooking vessels. A real oven. CLEAN the place up!

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

They would not even give me one tea bag! I do not expect to get fed in a hostel and brought my own food but not even a tea bag is going a bit too far. Also would not let me book one night so i had to book and pay for 2 nights even though I just stayed one night!

• 3rd Jul 2015