Killarney Railway Hostel Reviews

Fair Hill, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

When booking the girl told me that if I booked the 6 bed dorm for the 4 of us we wouldn't be sharing as we paid for 2 nights and stayed only one. On check out the receptionist was quite rude and unprofessional and said that the girl who took the booking was due to leave so there was no point giving out to her for misinforming us. When we came back to the dorm there was 2 people there eventhough we were told this wouldn't happen. When I approached the girl on desk she wasn't one bit interested

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

we have chosen this hostel as it was the only one in Killarney with a car park. however when we arrived we found out that there is no space left and for two out of three days of our stay we had to park outside. It wouldnt be a problem if the girl from the reception wasnt unpleasant when we asked her where we could park if there was no space at their car park. She was all like "no my problem, get lost". otherwise nothing to complain about, clean nice room and good location

Unfortunately there were bed bugs in my bed. I did let reception know.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • South Africa

It was very noisy and we spent a bad night. A lot of people drank and were sick all night long. Many people talked very loud.

Very loud, nearly no parking spaces, rooms all smell like cellars, dirty toilets and showers, very unfriendly receptionist the first day, bad kitchen equipment

• 3rd Aug 2014

We had an en suite double room. The duvet cover had questionable spots of dirt that you could actually scrape off with your nails. I'm sure they hadn't been washed and changed. The towels were grey (originally white I suppose). There was a water leak above the door to the breakfast room, with wet spots and towels strewn across the floor. Breakfast was toast, jam, margarine, coffee, tea, muesli, cornflakes. At night, there were drunk people being loud and reception did NOTHING.

The staff wasn't very friendly or welcoming. they actually seemed annoyed.And although they list parking as one of their facilities when we arrived we were told we had to park and pay for parking at a lot a 5 minute walk away because the lot on site was full and there weren't many spots to begin with. Also the walls were paper thin and we could hear all our neighbors as well as all kinds of noises outside (including a rooster that crows at 4am) so we didn't sleep the whole night through at all.

Basically, I was unable to sleep for more than one concecutive hour due to the too high temperature in the room. And without any windows, there was little to do about it.

This is no window in the room where I stay. It is to hot at night

• 24th Jul 2014
  • China

A bit annoying that the bunk beds were so low that you couldn't even sit in the lower one.

The cleanliness got me the most. Bathrooms seemed like they were never checked, and showers had mold on the ceiling and were constantly dirty. The breakfast area was a disaster by the end of the morning. Partly the guests fault but food wasn't adequately restocked or checked it seemed. Wifi in the rooms and location were the good aspects, but is recommend somewhere else to get value for your dollar.

Overall we had a good visit here. It was kind of hard to find, and backing out of the parking space in the morning was a really tight fit!! Walking around town was fun! They had a nice kitchen that was easy for lots of people to use at once. Rooms were clean and comfortable, but on the small side compared to other hostels we stayed in on our 3 week trip.

Unclean and unfriendly staff

Close to station and city centre. We had a small twin room ensuite.

The hostel is not very clean and the kitchen/dining area has serious water damage. The location was fine and the atmosphere was good.

Good location but not a very pleasant stay. We stayed in a private double room for €50 a night, bed was rock hard, poor ventilation and a lot of noise, terrible value for money. I enquired about a coffee the next morning before leaving and was told quite rudely to use the vending machine as breakfast is over at 10am, what hostel doesn't offer basic tea and coffee facilities for free? Receptionist barely cracked a smile for the whole stay and the whole atmosphere was drab. Won't be using again.

I can't describe how much I live this hostel! I'm always happy to come back again! Thanks for beeing so nice!

Excellent! me and my wife stayed here and we had a great time! The internet reaches your room and the service and staff are very friendly. I will be returning some day. breakfast is very light the showers and toilets are co ed if you are staying in a dorm. Beds don't squeak and the rooms are very clean.

A nice place to stay, has a kitchen but a lot of basic utensils are really dirty or nonexistent. Beds are really comfortable, staff works hard. Overall a good place!

we had a room for 2. unfriendly lady at the desk. (the man that checked us in was ok). bathroom, floor, etc not clean. worn furniture. hygiene? bathroom towels used for kitchen towels... relatively expensive. location near railwaystation and centre compensates shortcomings only partly.

• 4th Jul 2014