Killarney Railway Hostel Reviews

Fair Hill, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

2057 Total Reviews

Everything seemed such an effort for the lady on the front desk. She wasn't very friendly. The rooms were pretty good but my sheets were dirty. Great location.

Need an oven!

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Wales

So many repairs are needed, mostly small things, but still they are necessary.

A bigger "living room" would be nice. The dining room is not suitable for evening program or getting in touch with the other visitors.

Wifi was only available in the common areas. The beds were comfy and the room I stayed in (oyster) there was plenty of space to put your stuff but there wasn't any luggage storage that I could see. The breakfast was really minimal but it was free, just your standard toast and cereal. The location is right next to the train station so that's convenient and the staff were friendly enough. I liked how big the showers were. Lots of hooks to put clothes. The temp. wasn't too bad.

This is a great hostel. Good facility's and atmosphere.

From the moment I step in I feld really welcome. The staff at the reception is so helpful and is trying to make your stay as nice as possible. The hostel is well situated in town centre and just 2 minutes away from the bus stop. My laundry was finshed inbetween 2 hours and everything was clean dry and fold together. So if you want to stay in a clean and nice hostel, you should come to the railway hostel!!

• 10th Aug 2015

Stayed in a 4-bed dorm ensuite, which oddly enough was located in an "aisle" of the building. One of the bunks was partially blocking the bathroom dorm so it could not properly open. I have scratched my arms seriously twice on the rusty sliding lock because of this, that's a serious issue! Also the beds feel more like two ordinairy single beds stacked onto each other, I could just barely lift my head. Has a out of reach roof window that cannot be opened or blinded so the sun disrupts your sleep

The hostel is decent and in a very good position, 2 minutes form the bus station and the town center. Several things to improve: the kitchen is OK but the fridges are horrible and they will fill your food with water and soak them; only 4 sockets for 8 beds in a dorm; only a small window in the dorm, impossible to dry your clothes after the irish rain; faucets are among the most stupid i have ever seen: you need to keep pushing on them to have water flowing and this is not very smart if you...

The attendant was fine at check-in. Sent back a short while later to get towels for private room.. He was on phone dealing with personal matters for over 45 minutes . I didn't exist when he was on phone either time I went to desk. Food stolen from refriger. I know this is not hosel's fault. I would suggest putting cameras up that would show guests they are being watched. Busy place.

• 4th Aug 2015

Very much a hostel hostel (if that makes any sense). I stayed there two nights while exploring the national park. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was light (cereal, toast and coffee), beds were comfy and the common area had lots of tables and a t.v. Had no issues during my stay. Certainly not a bright and shiney chrome-plated place, it felt more like staying in a cabin, but a nice cabin. Would stay there again.

Our room was ok, we had a double room. But on several areas of the hostel it smells very strong, not very clean. The edges in the room weren't clean, too. For breakfast there were only 2 toasters for a lot of people, you had to queue and if you were able to get toast, jam or butter was empty.... Needs a little more organization, could be a very good place, because it is very near to the center.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

very nice place, located close to the national park, the center of killarney and the bus stop. the rooms were clean and the people were kind, we even dicided to stay there for one night longer than planned.

Hot showers were available. The hostel is situatet very near the bus and railway station (3min walk). Breakfast (bread, jam, butter, cereals, milk, tea) was included. I aboslutely recommend anyone to stay there.

The breakfast was not available of it was mit enough, so we couldn't get any.

Bit old and worn, but definetly a good choice for sleepovers. Abasic kitchen, and somewhat nasty bathrooms (showers are good). Will do as a stay over hostel.

We stayed here for one night before getting the bus to Kerry to fly out of Ireland. Was just a place to sleep for the night. A basic hostel and that was all we needed for the night. Close to train and bus stations!!!

The kitchen area very unclean. There needed to be a bowl on sink to put hot soapy water for wash up. Yea towels very grey! Need to air dry in a rack. The dinning area had pine benches with dirty plastic table clothes No TAbLE CLOTH please

The lady at the counter who was supposedly the 'boss' was very unfriendly and unhelpful! She seldom maintained eye contact and wasn't willing to answer questions. I stayed one night and left my bag there for a few days while traveling elsewhere. When I returned to get my bag, I used the lounge for a short while and was shoo-ed away because I wasn't staying there! Please improve and give some passion into your service!

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

The breakfast is at a very low quality plus you have to wash the dishes on your own.

• 18th Jul 2015