Killarney Railway Hostel Reviews

Fair Hill, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

A bit annoying that the bunk beds were so low that you couldn't even sit in the lower one.

Unclean and unfriendly staff

Close to station and city centre. We had a small twin room ensuite.

The hostel is not very clean and the kitchen/dining area has serious water damage. The location was fine and the atmosphere was good.

Good location but not a very pleasant stay. We stayed in a private double room for €50 a night, bed was rock hard, poor ventilation and a lot of noise, terrible value for money. I enquired about a coffee the next morning before leaving and was told quite rudely to use the vending machine as breakfast is over at 10am, what hostel doesn't offer basic tea and coffee facilities for free? Receptionist barely cracked a smile for the whole stay and the whole atmosphere was drab. Won't be using again.

I can't describe how much I live this hostel! I'm always happy to come back again! Thanks for beeing so nice!

Excellent! me and my wife stayed here and we had a great time! The internet reaches your room and the service and staff are very friendly. I will be returning some day. breakfast is very light the showers and toilets are co ed if you are staying in a dorm. Beds don't squeak and the rooms are very clean.

A nice place to stay, has a kitchen but a lot of basic utensils are really dirty or nonexistent. Beds are really comfortable, staff works hard. Overall a good place!

we had a room for 2. unfriendly lady at the desk. (the man that checked us in was ok). bathroom, floor, etc not clean. worn furniture. hygiene? bathroom towels used for kitchen towels... relatively expensive. location near railwaystation and centre compensates shortcomings only partly.

• 4th Jul 2014

A truly excellent hostel! If it weren't because of a very rude security guy in the night shift who was absolutely rude to us because we were cooking a little late it would have been the perfect stay. Absolutely recommendable!

the showers a not always perfectly clean

We stayed in Killarney for two nights. This hostel is super conveniently located! It is a quick walk from the bus & train station (literally across the street!). You're also very close to downtown and it is a great jumping off point for tours or exploration of the National Park or Gap of Dunloe. It was quiet (except for the first night: loud teenagers?), and our room was perfect with a bathroom inside.

Good hostel in a very good location. Amazing kitchen and atmosphere was pretty good. Confy enough beds. I didn't like that fact you had to pay for lockers, this should be free like it is all hostels I've ever been. I also didn't like the fact you had to pay to use their computers with internet (although wireless access is free). There's also 7 or 8 free parking spaces just in front of the hostel. Overall I recommend this hostel as I would stay here again.

The hostel was nice and had a fun vibe and good facilities for the most part. Security was nothing spectacular and there were no outlets close to beds to charge devices in large dorms, which can be important when you are trying to plan as you go for your trip using your phone. Still, I would stay again and recommend to anyone looking.

A great place to stay. The dormitory room was really big and there were plenty of showers and toilets to use. Breakfast was simple but good and the overall atmosphere was friendly.

This is my second time staying in the Killarney Railway Hostel. Very nice hostel with friendly people. It was busy the time i stayed there but everything was perfect. Did the Dingle Tour this time which was very enjoyable.

Nice hostel in a great location in Killarney, very close to train station and centre of town, but also a nice quiet place to relax. The staff were great for information about things to do in the area. Beds were comfortable & the hostel was clean. Only complaints are that the room we were in was stuffy and hot--no windows, just a skylight--and the walls were very thin, so everything in the ensuite bathroom could be heard loud & clear. Overall though, good value for money and would stay here again

A really good hostel ! Only 5 Minutes into the city centre.

ALOHA. Jerry, the owner, runs a well-organized hostel. I am abit surprised his hostel was not rated a 5 rather than a 10 by the voters. Gretta, who checked me in, is a highly competent employee. She gives great information about tours, is very efficient, and is very loyal.

I stayed here with a couple friends for two nights (June 12 through the 14th) in a 5-bunk dorm. Even though we arrived near midnight, the staff were friendly and helpful, and our room was clean. We were pleasantly surprised that nobody else had booked the other beds in our room: we ended up with the whole room to ourselves! We thought the Railway Hostel was great deal, especially considering the complimentary self-catered breakfast. The atmosphere was quirky and the service was excellent.

• 12th Jun 2014