Killarney Railway Hostel Reviews

Fair Hill, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

A very average hostel: building in itself is old, kitchen is way too small to cater for every guest, bedrooms and beds are fairly old and not always as clean as we'd like them to be. Staff was very helpful though.. Major downside: the hostel is freaking LOUD! Guests were extremely loud at night time, and staff didn't deem it useful to tell them to be quiet. We had a pretty poor stay in Railway hostel, though uncourteous guests may be the ones to blame here, not the staff. Do not recommend.

I thought it was a great place. So close to everything, but just far enough away from the noise! We ran out of bread one morning which sucked, but my stay in general was really good... One of the staff even gave me her own plastic spoon for the road because I needed one! I love the Irish!

No lockers in the room, only security is your room key, No oven in the kitchen so make sure you can stovetop or microwave your food. rooms were very nice. located right next to the bus/train station so it was very easy to find. Killarney is pretty small so everything is within walking distance.

The staff here was phenomenal, they were very nice and helpful. I stayed for six nights and it was a great experience. I love that it was a quick walk from the bus and train stations. My only recommendation for people staying here is that if you want a quick breakfast, get up early before there is a line for the toaster.

Nice enough. Solid for the cost. Very good location. Nice communal kitchen. Nice common area. Lots of oldies and family. Not ideal if you're young solo and looking for fun. Great place to hike the park and travel from though.

The location was really easy to find which was nice. The girl who helped check me in was incredibly nice and knowledgable about the town! But later on I ended up misplacing my keycard and the girl who was at the desk was not nice at all, very rude. The atmosphere was weird... I can't explain it. Least to say I'm not staying in this hostel again.

Friendly, open, comfortable, nice kitchen, nice living room. Killerney the best destination of our Irland trip

• 5th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

There's a weird atmosphere going on in the dorms, people hanging around all the time. Showers and toilets were clean, but the kitchen was in a poor state. Beds are ok, i dont know when do they change the linen though as i have seen a man sleeping sleeping in 3 differeny beds the same night. The staff is friendly and would help you for everything you need.

• 5th May 2015

Great hostel, great location, would definitely recommend.

Had a great stay in this hostel very good location and very nice rooms staff are very friendly and great access to facilities feels like your at home will definitely be staying here again!

• 2nd May 2015

Nice hostel, near the bus station!

bad experience here I booked the 6 bed dorm room expected to be given the room with the on suite and For us 5 only as We didn't want to share with anyone. when we arrived we weren't given this room and had to share with an older man. girls felt very uncomfortable for personal belongings their own personal safety and were afraid of losing our damage deposit as we were going out and thought he would complain about us. In fear of all this we didn't stay and got none of our money back

• 1st May 2015

Absolute dump, never again

• 25th Apr 2015

Nice place in a central location. Friendly and helpful staff. Thanks everyone at the Killarney Railway Hostel.

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Denmark

This hostel was in an awesome place, close enough to everything. When we asked where to go out for drinks and traditional dancing, the response was that she 'doesnt drink so doesn't know' which isn't great considering you should really know that kind of thing working in a hostel. Breakfast had run out as well. Other than that it was okay. Killarney is a great place 😊

• 18th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Railway Hostel in Killarney town. Met lovely people in the same room as I was staying. We did lots of things together including visiting the national park, shopping and went for a nice meal in the Laurels Restaurant in town. Will definitely be back to stay again next year or the year after when I come back to visit Ireland again

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Norway

We were satisfied.Thank you.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

The hostel was in a very nice location if hard to find initially. It was quite loud during the night due to pub goers staying at the hostel. We had a private bathroom which almost completely flooded each time someone showered because the shower doors did not close properly. Also no temperature regulation possible. The kitchen was big and had fridges to store stuff but was not too clean. Staff however was AMAZING. Very helpful.

• 11th Apr 2015

I like the location and your hostel in general. I didn't like the atmosphere though. There were lots of people partying and drinking. They were talking very loudy in the hallways in the middle of the night. The staff didn't do anything about that. I guess, if your looking for a good time and a good place to party, this hostel is very good. If you want to see the sights and get some sleep, I would recommend something else.

Lovely Clean hostel , which is right beside everything in Killarney. Helpful and friendly staff. Very clean. Plenty of hot water . Plus a lovely free breakfast , what more could you ask for.

• 2nd Apr 2015