Killarney Railway Hostel Reviews

Fair Hill, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

Overall not very exciting place. It was very convenient for walking into the city. Only about a block away, but the facility was very dirty. I don't think our blankets or sheets had been washed in quite a while. They were visibly soiled. The breakfast was very bland. A container with some cereal, milk, and toast and jelly. I wish we'd only stayed one night just because of the cleanliness. The two staff members I met were very friendly though.

• 13th Apr 2014

Best Hostel I have stayed in during my time in Ireland. There was a nice group there the time I stayed and they were very friendly. Welcoming staff and good facilities. Would definitely recommend it.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Great hostel. Helpful staff and very cozy.

It was really dirty especially the facilities and my 8 friends and I were glad to leave the place on the last day. In addition, the staff was particularly welcoming and nice to us especially the very first day !

• 28th Mar 2014

Great Hostel with the nicest staff i have met in Ireland. Would recommend to anyone. Hope to come back again.

• 25th Mar 2014

Average hostel right next to the railway station and only meters away from town centre. Clean. Dorm beds could be better but all in all totally fine to stay at!

good located hostel in the center of killarney, a beautiful town with a few cafés and pubs around - near to the railway station. had a great time in a lovely and comfortable room, showers were clean. the staff was very friendly and answered all my questions. would definitely stay again!

• 13th Mar 2014

This hostel was really cold, both in the room and in the main area. No wifi in rooms. Or heat. There are just picnic tables inside, no real comfortable area to use the wifi. But decently close to the bus station! The staff are helpful which was great.

Great places to stay and so close to the town of Killarney would stay there again no problem

• 1st Mar 2014

lovely place, lovely people, great trip-love killarney walks

• 24th Feb 2014

I really liked the hostel. It worth for the money you pay. I would recommend.

Top hostel in the centre of killarney. Had a great stay and look forward to my next visit in the summer. Very friendly staff, good value for money and really liked the 24 hour reception as some other hostels close pretty early meaning guests have to get to bed by a certain time. Thanks a bunch guys.

• 15th Feb 2014

Room was cold and draughty - probably not a problem during the summer but unpleasant in February.

• 4th Feb 2014

Had a very good stay in the killarney Railway Hostel. Staff very friendly, very good value for money especially for a weekend night. Was able to park my car next to the hostel which was a bonus. One guy snored alot in our room the night we stayed there but other than that everything was top notch. Hope to be back for may weekend.

• 1st Feb 2014

Very hard bed, it was like a piece of wood.

No heating in the commun bath room and window stay open. So it was not easy to take a shower under 5 degrees... No paper towels available for the breakfast. Staff was very kind.

• 3rd Jan 2014

We stayed here for NYE. On arrival we were greeted by a female receptionist who is very black or white and every thing seemed like a huge effort. There is a note online and on the confirmation email saying that 24hours notice is required on cancellations. This has been changed to 48hours so please be aware. The rooms are very cold and damp. The one upside is that the hostel is very accommodating of large groups!

• 31st Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I stayed in this hostel a few years back and have to say my recent stay was less than satisfactory. I had a single occupancy en suite room. It was very very basic for €46pn. The room was cold and damp. I had to use the quilt on the spare bed to double up. Not even a hand towel to be seen in the bathroom. I had to head back to reception to get some towels. No basic shampoo or bodywash either.

• 28th Dec 2013

Lovely place with an excellent location for excellent value!

• 28th Dec 2013

I had a very pleasant stay - your staff was AMAZING and very friendly! Thank you!