Killarney Railway Hostel Reviews

Fair Hill, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

cold room

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Hungary

The staff were very helpful with recommendations on things to do, places to go, etc. Location is convenient because it is very close to the railway station, but it is not in the heart of the town. The room's heaters were operating on and off, so the room was very cold, but other than that, a great hostel!

One of the top hostels in Ireland for sure:-) Great location for the bus and train and also as it is located a few minutes walk from the town center it is both very close to the action, but also away from the hustle and bustle:-) also parking available which is great:-) well stocked kitchen and ample supply of clean working showers and toilets:-) the hostel caters for groups and independent travelers, and plenty of space for all to mingle or just relax:-) also the value for money is super:-)

Really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. Met some cool people and very friendly staff. Especially liked the names on each room. I stayed in the Penguin room. As the Hostel is located up a laneway across from the Bus station it took me a little bit of time to find but got there. Hope to come back again soon.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Location of the hostel is good.It is more of less clean. That is all. Main and biggest problem of the hostel is heating. It is coldest hostel I ever visited. Temperatures outside were under 10 degrees celsius, but they still didnt wanted to turn on heating until 8PM? It was so cold that we needed to sleep in clothes with winter hat.Too cold for common room.Moreover, staff were moving our things during our sightseeing (mine and of my girlfriend). When we complained to staff,they were not helpful.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Croatia

The best atmosphere I've felt in a hostel- very cozy and inviting. Excellent location right across from the train station, and a few minutes walk from the city center and bus station.

• 4th Nov 2013

It's a friendly and welcoming hostel

• 27th Oct 2013

This was the worst hostel I had ever stayed in. The staff was not helpful, the rooms were filthy, and the bathrooms were my useable. The people who stayed there looked like drunks and crack whores. I felt unsafe and would never recommend this place to anyone.

This hostel is full of older people/families. No atmosphere.

The hostel was alright. It's close to the centre, the room was clean. It was quite noisy, party music and shouting until the early morning. Staff: maybe a smile would be nice here and there.

We had a great stay. Staff were very friendly and the Hostel was excellently located in Killarney town. Free parking was also a bonus.

1 2 Next » last »