Killarney Railway Hostel Reviews

Fair Hill, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

Clean & comfortable stay. Closely located to centre of town & railway station; good facilities and free luggage storage for post checkout. Only downside was the female staff member. Unfortunately she was unfriendly and unapproachable - clearly had a bad day or many and not the usual Irish warmth.

Pretty awesome place! I like that it is right near the bus and train station. There weren't any lockers for storage but I wasn't very concerned with stealing - everyone in my dorm was nice.

Really good hostel, place is very easy to find and a great location to the town center the beds and comfortable and rooms are grand. For what your paying its really good you would be hard pressed to find better value for money

The staff didn't know the answer to mang questions about trips in the area, and there were no hot water in the shower

• 5th Sep 2015
  • Israel

This place was old, dirty, understaffed, The shower was full of black mold, the shower did not drain and I was standing in water up to my ankle, the worse shower I have ever had in my life, I just wanted to get out and get a penicillin shot. It was late or I would have looked for another hostile. My train ticket was for 7:15 am and so I just wanted to get out. I slept on top of the cover with my clothes on. 15 pounds for the night. It was not worth 15 pence.

The best thing about the Railyway Hostel in Killarney is its location - two minutes by foot to the central bus station. But that is the only reason I would suggest this Hostel. The staff wasn't very courteous and reacted quite annoyed to any questions. The kitchen isn't very well equipped and there isn't a sufficient number of hotplates. The cleanliness was ok. The bins in the toilets have obviously not been emptied for days - disgusting.

• 4th Sep 2015

Would go there again.

We had a double room en suite. Room was clean and big enough - since we were just 2 people. If a third person was in this room (dolphin) ,there would be way to less room to store luggage. Bathroom was clean. One thing you could change is the huge amount of water pouring out of the tab. Once you press the button a waterfall is coming after you - waste of water. Beside that everything was great. Your staff is awesome, very helpful!

• 2nd Sep 2015

I was there with a friend of mine and we couldn't beleave that there were such great people. There were losts of germans as well but that was kind of funny. We made new friends ... got great advices from the staff and had an aldi right down the road ... maybe 5-10 minutes. The resume is that I'd ever go there when I'm in Killarney ;) and it has been one of the best hostels aspecally becaus of the atmosphere I've ever stayed at.

The location is awesome, it's right beside the bus station. The staff is great and the rooms are really clean. Would definitely recommend, as the town is definitely a place you should visit.

The hostel is right outside the bus station, making it a perfect choice if you have to leave early in the morning. Rooms are spacious and colorful, beds are big and comfortable, with clean bedding. The hostel itself is very pretty, the bathrooms and showers are clean and there's a lot of privacy. The only downside is the kitchen, which is a bit too small, with not enough plates/pots, and you should remember to bring your own condiments (oil, butter, salt). Overall a good hostel for a good price.

Well, we decided to go to Killarney suddenly , so we didn't have much choices about hostel. The hostel is very well located, near the train station and the bus station. But the room is very poor. The curtain was musty, the duvet was not very clean and we found a slug in our bathroom. the breakfast is very simple just some toast and cereals. But the staff is very friendly

• 28th Aug 2015

Good location. Kitchen was crowded and busy. Thanks for the free breakfast, but needs to be better organised - it wasn't really clear what it was and kitchen was very crowded with people trying to make breakfast, make their packed lunch, make something more substantial for breakfast....

Everything seemed such an effort for the lady on the front desk. She wasn't very friendly. The rooms were pretty good but my sheets were dirty. Great location.

Honestly, this place is a zoo. Ppl scream in the halls all night long and even though I consider myself a party girl, this was just plain annoying . You need to fight for your breakfast in the morning (ok, I wasn't expecting much in terms of breakfast... And well you shouldn't either) and honestly, the staff could learn to smile once in a while. Very well located... But you can do a LOT better. It was by far the worst hostel I've stayed at during my 3 week road trip in Ireland.

Need an oven!

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Wales

So many repairs are needed, mostly small things, but still they are necessary.

A bigger "living room" would be nice. The dining room is not suitable for evening program or getting in touch with the other visitors.

Wifi was only available in the common areas. The beds were comfy and the room I stayed in (oyster) there was plenty of space to put your stuff but there wasn't any luggage storage that I could see. The breakfast was really minimal but it was free, just your standard toast and cereal. The location is right next to the train station so that's convenient and the staff were friendly enough. I liked how big the showers were. Lots of hooks to put clothes. The temp. wasn't too bad.

1 2 3 Next » last »