Killarney Railway Hostel Reviews

Fair Hill, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

Unclean and unfriendly staff

Close to station and city centre. We had a small twin room ensuite.

The hostel is not very clean and the kitchen/dining area has serious water damage. The location was fine and the atmosphere was good.

Good location but not a very pleasant stay. We stayed in a private double room for €50 a night, bed was rock hard, poor ventilation and a lot of noise, terrible value for money. I enquired about a coffee the next morning before leaving and was told quite rudely to use the vending machine as breakfast is over at 10am, what hostel doesn't offer basic tea and coffee facilities for free? Receptionist barely cracked a smile for the whole stay and the whole atmosphere was drab. Won't be using again.

I can't describe how much I live this hostel! I'm always happy to come back again! Thanks for beeing so nice!

Excellent! me and my wife stayed here and we had a great time! The internet reaches your room and the service and staff are very friendly. I will be returning some day. breakfast is very light the showers and toilets are co ed if you are staying in a dorm. Beds don't squeak and the rooms are very clean.

A nice place to stay, has a kitchen but a lot of basic utensils are really dirty or nonexistent. Beds are really comfortable, staff works hard. Overall a good place!

we had a room for 2. unfriendly lady at the desk. (the man that checked us in was ok). bathroom, floor, etc not clean. worn furniture. hygiene? bathroom towels used for kitchen towels... relatively expensive. location near railwaystation and centre compensates shortcomings only partly.

• 4th Jul 2014

A truly excellent hostel! If it weren't because of a very rude security guy in the night shift who was absolutely rude to us because we were cooking a little late it would have been the perfect stay. Absolutely recommendable!

the showers a not always perfectly clean

We stayed in Killarney for two nights. This hostel is super conveniently located! It is a quick walk from the bus & train station (literally across the street!). You're also very close to downtown and it is a great jumping off point for tours or exploration of the National Park or Gap of Dunloe. It was quiet (except for the first night: loud teenagers?), and our room was perfect with a bathroom inside.

Good hostel in a very good location. Amazing kitchen and atmosphere was pretty good. Confy enough beds. I didn't like that fact you had to pay for lockers, this should be free like it is all hostels I've ever been. I also didn't like the fact you had to pay to use their computers with internet (although wireless access is free). There's also 7 or 8 free parking spaces just in front of the hostel. Overall I recommend this hostel as I would stay here again.

1 2 3 Next » last »