Killarney Railway Hostel Reviews

Fair Hill, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

2076 Total Reviews

very noisy place,we were there three night and each night was noise until four o'clock in the morning. Room 113 was very, very small without window - awful.

Good place, staff seems a little spread thin. Other than that great stay.

Definitely, is the worst hostel web have been to during our trip to Ireland (which we loved!). The kitchen should be cleaned urgently. The fridges sank, for instance. The towels are old and do not smell good at all. And last but not least, there has been a "teenage party" on Friday - too much noise and too much (young) people drunk... We thought we were somewhere else... I regret to say that even the people at the reception were not so friendly...although "very professional".

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Portugal

The Spanish receptionist was very helpful and gave me excellent advice on what to visit in the National Park. The private room was very clean and cosy too. Excellent staff and atmosphere, just next to the station and the centre of Killarney.

Good hostel near all city center. Right in from of the bus/train station. Kitchen/bathroom/dorm are clean but not the best I've seen. (like I like to say, Hostel cleanest) We got to meet a lot of people when we were there so really enjoy my staff. It is an hostel with a young crowd. When we were there is was fully book so at night it wasn't very quiet but the security guard took care of it ;) The access to hostel is safe but no locker in room... Day excursion to main attraction can be purchase

Dirty hostel smelt like pee. Strange group of people, mostly older, lots of drinking (in an un-fun way) Just weird vibes man, avoid.

This hostel is a fantastic location. Easy to get to and easy to walk around Killarney. It was a great deal for the money. My one complaint was that our en-suite bathroom smelled a little uriney. Not a deal breaker though when considering all of the positive elements of the hostel. They did have difficulty sending an email confirmation to my USA email address so I had to end up calling them to confirm my reservation. The staff was friendly and helpful. Some of our food got eaten by other guests.

• 18th Jun 2015

Perfect hostel in a great irish town. Pubs are a good time on the weekends. Hostel was perfect for the price. Staff were very helpful, keycard entry, clean hostel, 1 min from main part of town and plenty of bathrooms and showers. Anyone who has complaints about this hostel is probably not worth listening to.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Showers were hot and powerful, with multiple hangers to keep stuff dry. Decently equipped kitchen, no coffee unfortunately. Quite a socialable hostel, i found it easy to meet people as a solo traveller. Booked one night originally, but liked the hostel and loved the town so i ended up staying 4 nights.

This hostel was really not great. There was constantly an odor of mildew in our room, and mold all over the floors and the bathroom. The beds were uncomfortable and the shower and sink drains were clogged. Our first night was terrible, as a group of drunks were swearing, shouting, and smoking inside the hostel at all hours of the night. The manager did warn them numerous times, and eventually fined them heavily. The manager did help us book a trip and fixed our drain soon after we let him know.

It's just very average. Everything you need..no complaints or praises.

My second time at this hostel, excellent except the showers were a bit cramped, but it's an old building so what can you do?

I had a pleasant stay at the Killarney Hostel. The staff was very friendly, the room tidy and I think it´s a good place for some days to explore Killarney.

• 7th Jun 2015

All is ok,honestly the best I saw in Killarney. Staff members are Amazing, specially Trisha,she is always working and helping us with everithing she can do.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Hostel was spotless, staff were very friendly and helpful. Location is excellent. I would definitly stay here again.

• 6th Jun 2015

Great atmosphere! Staff was so friendly & gave us recommendations on where to eat & also 2 free towels! Will definitely stay there again!

Enjoyed my stay, the staff are friendly and I very much am looking forward to my next stay, and will tell my friends who will be travelling to this part of Ireland.

• 5th Jun 2015

Sheets weren't clean and the hallways smelled on various smells from the kitchen. Rooms with 4 beds are extra small. 4 people barely fit into it let alone with their luggage. There are no toilet brushes. 15 EUR per person for the room is too much for that inconvenience.

Nice location and staff

We were very cold and the shared facilities smell a lot. The staff could not help us on the few questions we asked. Plus this might be a detail but there is no ladder to climb onto the top bed and as I'm small I had a very hard time trying to climb up there. Really disappointed.

• 1st Jun 2015