Killarney Railway Hostel Reviews

Fair Hill, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

Good hostel in a very good location. Amazing kitchen and atmosphere was pretty good. Confy enough beds. I didn't like that fact you had to pay for lockers, this should be free like it is all hostels I've ever been. I also didn't like the fact you had to pay to use their computers with internet (although wireless access is free). There's also 7 or 8 free parking spaces just in front of the hostel. Overall I recommend this hostel as I would stay here again.

The hostel was nice and had a fun vibe and good facilities for the most part. Security was nothing spectacular and there were no outlets close to beds to charge devices in large dorms, which can be important when you are trying to plan as you go for your trip using your phone. Still, I would stay again and recommend to anyone looking.

A great place to stay. The dormitory room was really big and there were plenty of showers and toilets to use. Breakfast was simple but good and the overall atmosphere was friendly.

This is my second time staying in the Killarney Railway Hostel. Very nice hostel with friendly people. It was busy the time i stayed there but everything was perfect. Did the Dingle Tour this time which was very enjoyable.

Nice hostel in a great location in Killarney, very close to train station and centre of town, but also a nice quiet place to relax. The staff were great for information about things to do in the area. Beds were comfortable & the hostel was clean. Only complaints are that the room we were in was stuffy and hot--no windows, just a skylight--and the walls were very thin, so everything in the ensuite bathroom could be heard loud & clear. Overall though, good value for money and would stay here again

A really good hostel ! Only 5 Minutes into the city centre.

ALOHA. Jerry, the owner, runs a well-organized hostel. I am abit surprised his hostel was not rated a 5 rather than a 10 by the voters. Gretta, who checked me in, is a highly competent employee. She gives great information about tours, is very efficient, and is very loyal.

I stayed here with a couple friends for two nights (June 12 through the 14th) in a 5-bunk dorm. Even though we arrived near midnight, the staff were friendly and helpful, and our room was clean. We were pleasantly surprised that nobody else had booked the other beds in our room: we ended up with the whole room to ourselves! We thought the Railway Hostel was great deal, especially considering the complimentary self-catered breakfast. The atmosphere was quirky and the service was excellent.

• 12th Jun 2014

It is very noisy and the night we stayed, some dumb people were screaming at 3am and it lasted for 30 minutes. They were finallt kicked out. It will be my last night in an hostel ever

• 8th Jun 2014

Bathrooms smell like an outhouse. Use of kitchen facilities is great.

Location of the hostel is brilliant it's in the centre of everything. Could'nt fault a thing, would defientley stay there again.

• 6th Jun 2014

Very good hostel. A lot of activities available from the front desk as well as booking tours. I had a great time band would go again Kathy

• 6th Jun 2014

Killarney is a lovely town and the Railway Hostel was the ideal base. In town, open 24 hours, free Wi-Fi and friendly staff. Stayed in a few hostels and must say this is one of the best so far. Keep up the good work.

• 5th Jun 2014

facilities in kitchen could be better (for example good knifes; salt and pepper could be also placed at the disposal. Just very cold water by having a shower.

the hostel ist at a very good Place. you don´t habe to wall to tue great Pubs ans the Shops. and on tue oposite is a mall with a Nike outet ( that´s a plus fort Girls :) )

• 4th Jun 2014

Nice trip here. I think I will come back here if I am come an other time in Killarney

Most unfriendly staff ever! Dirty Blankets! Bathroom door lock was broken. We booked a dorm with 4 single beds but got 2 singles and 1 double bed instead. That was not what we booked. Kitchen facilities are very poor.

• 31st May 2014
  • Austria

Second time staying in this excellent hostel! Very cosy and charming! Amazing staffs, helping you out with anything you need, being always sympathetic and extremely polite without (of course) losing their charismatic personality. A++ for the hard-work people maintaining an immaculate place like this and being so nice to us (guests). You rock, guys!

It says that you can pay by credit card and that you have a free map of the town, it is not true. Also we had to pay all together (we were a group of 5 persons, and with the exact amount) so it just make it more difficult. The luggage locker it´s one euro. The breakfast it´s included, well sandwich bread, butter and jam and cereals, with coffee or tea. The breakfast is very light and the woman was rationing all the cheap ingredients in a ridiculous way (two small spoons of jam for 7 persons).

basic standard could be improved with a little TLC like bright white paint several toilet doors did not have locks embarrassing when I opened onto a man doing his business shared bathroom lacked privacy kitchen lacked teatowels - bath towels not appropriate dishwashing liquid watered down far too much to wash dishes properly room was spacious

• 23rd May 2014