Killarney Railway Hostel Reviews

Fair Hill, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

2065 Total Reviews

Perfectly pleasant. The bunks were quite low though = awkward.

I like this place, really friendly and great location. Killarney is one of my favorites in Ireland. The kitchen and common room are fun! I'd stay here again.

Very nice hostel, but the hospitality could be improved though.

• 23rd May 2015

A very average hostel: building in itself is old, kitchen is way too small to cater for every guest, bedrooms and beds are fairly old and not always as clean as we'd like them to be. Staff was very helpful though.. Major downside: the hostel is freaking LOUD! Guests were extremely loud at night time, and staff didn't deem it useful to tell them to be quiet. We had a pretty poor stay in Railway hostel, though uncourteous guests may be the ones to blame here, not the staff. Do not recommend.

This hostel was very close to the train and bus station which was awesome. Great hostel.

This hostel was a pleasure to stay in. The rooms were fairly clean with shared washrooms (we stayed in a mixed dorm). It was quite loud at night since we stayed on a weekend (some drunken belligerent party-goers arriving late) so be sure to pack earplugs if you are a light sleeper. The kitchen had a great gas stove and fridge space. There was a light toast and cereal breakfast provided :) The gentleman at the counter was efficient and helpful - he recommended a gorgeous place for hiking.

I thought it was a great place. So close to everything, but just far enough away from the noise! We ran out of bread one morning which sucked, but my stay in general was really good... One of the staff even gave me her own plastic spoon for the road because I needed one! I love the Irish!

No lockers in the room, only security is your room key, No oven in the kitchen so make sure you can stovetop or microwave your food. rooms were very nice. located right next to the bus/train station so it was very easy to find. Killarney is pretty small so everything is within walking distance.

The staff here was phenomenal, they were very nice and helpful. I stayed for six nights and it was a great experience. I love that it was a quick walk from the bus and train stations. My only recommendation for people staying here is that if you want a quick breakfast, get up early before there is a line for the toaster.

Nice enough. Solid for the cost. Very good location. Nice communal kitchen. Nice common area. Lots of oldies and family. Not ideal if you're young solo and looking for fun. Great place to hike the park and travel from though.

The location was really easy to find which was nice. The girl who helped check me in was incredibly nice and knowledgable about the town! But later on I ended up misplacing my keycard and the girl who was at the desk was not nice at all, very rude. The atmosphere was weird... I can't explain it. Least to say I'm not staying in this hostel again.

Friendly, open, comfortable, nice kitchen, nice living room. Killerney the best destination of our Irland trip

• 5th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

There's a weird atmosphere going on in the dorms, people hanging around all the time. Showers and toilets were clean, but the kitchen was in a poor state. Beds are ok, i dont know when do they change the linen though as i have seen a man sleeping sleeping in 3 differeny beds the same night. The staff is friendly and would help you for everything you need.

Great hostel, great location, would definitely recommend.

Had a great stay in this hostel very good location and very nice rooms staff are very friendly and great access to facilities feels like your at home will definitely be staying here again!

• 2nd May 2015

Good hostel, staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast included was nice. Rooms were a bit small and it would have been nice to have curtains as it got really bright in the morning (I stayed in the porcupine room). Nice overall hostel though :)

Nice hostel, near the bus station!

bad experience here I booked the 6 bed dorm room expected to be given the room with the on suite and For us 5 only as We didn't want to share with anyone. when we arrived we weren't given this room and had to share with an older man. girls felt very uncomfortable for personal belongings their own personal safety and were afraid of losing our damage deposit as we were going out and thought he would complain about us. In fear of all this we didn't stay and got none of our money back

• 1st May 2015

Absolute dump, never again

• 25th Apr 2015

Nice place in a central location. Friendly and helpful staff. Thanks everyone at the Killarney Railway Hostel.

• 20th Apr 2015