Killarney Sugan Hostel Reviews

Michael Collins Place, Lewis Road, Killarney, Ireland

Great location with cheap parking up the street.

The hostel was in a very good location, this was the only positive that kept me in the hostel for 3 nights. The one man that ran the hostel during my stay was very unhygienic this was evident due to his potent smell. The showers were cold which is not acceptable in Ireland's weather conditions and they were filthy dirty,along with the kitchen area and hallway smelling of mould. I have stayed in some cheaper hostels than this one and still had a much more clean and friendly experience.

We didn't stay because everything was very old and dirty. Also the spaces are very small. We lost the first night and had to find another accommodation.

• 25th Aug 2014

the accomodation upstairs overall was a bit dingy. Updating the bed linen would do a lot for the room. and don't bother with curtains rather than put up what was on our windows. The bathroom was awful, lukewarm water, water sprayed everywhere so the floor was flooded the whole time. there was a bath mat that was filthy and disgusting.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Small but sweet We had a double room for only one night but it was definitly the best hostel on our trip to Ireland Nice cute house looking like a piece of art itself. The interior of the living room and kitchen has pub athmosphere and the ensuite double room was excellent as well, though a bit small. Everything was super clean and the hostel chef's a really nice and polite guy

Everything was perfect, we enjoyed the common parts.

best hostel ever! so cosy! martin was very friendly and our double bed dorm was clean. you can also rent a bike there for little money. thanks!

Great place, friendly and really helpful owners, clean and tidy, all the facilities we needed. And just a couple minutes walk from all the shops and bars - great!

• 16th Aug 2014

hire a maid....including kictchen not enough kitchen utensil or too dilapidated

This was one of my worse Hostel experience i had during my Ireland trip. The hostel was incredibly dirty... The owner was rarely there only sporadly when you rang the doorbell. I also lend a bike- worst thing you could do! He asked for your passport to keep it during the rental. But for sure when your in a foreign country you need your passport!anyhow. the bike was really bad. Though it is recomanded in every lonly planet guide i would never recomand it. The toilets and bathroom are really dirty

Lovely Hostel in an excellent location just a few minutes walk from the train and bus stations. Very homely feel about the place and everywhere seemed clean and tidy. Only stayed one night and it was perfect, didn't see a common area with TV but didn't explore much other than that an excellent place to stay!

I was upgraded from a 8 Bed Mixed Dormitory to a 2 Bed Room and was on my own. Not bad. So I can't complaint. The facility was not up to date, but I think that's part of the history of this traditional old house. WiFi did not work on the room but very good in the kitchen. Altogether all I can recommend the hostel.

I'd like to thank the staff for the welcoming and the nicest atmosphere of the hostel. I travelled around Ireland staying in about 10 hostels and this was the best! The kindness of the staff was fantastic, they showed us in details what we could visit, how and when. The location is perfect for going round in Killarney.

Many thans to Martin he made our stay at the Sugan most enjoyable. Delighted with the twin room offered with private en-suite but have to say sheets on bed didn,t smell lie they had been recently washed, pillow was flat and toilet shower area was very out-dated, dirty and needs to be upgraded. Entirely up to the owners to upgrade the all the rooms. No towels in rooms but we had our own. Other than that really applauded the hostel policies..

• 30th Jul 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Very nice hostel. Host was amazing.

Very well located hostel right in the city center of Killarney. You have to get a good memory as before entering to your room you have to open 3 doors with 3 different codes. It could be a bit confusing after a few pints at the pub. What I found a little bit disappointed for a hostel is that alcohol is prohibited everywhere even in the kitchen. So don't think you could easily drink your beer while eating your dinner after a hard cycling day. Otherwise, the manager is a very friendly guy :)

I like to have a computer, but it is not so important.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Lovely !! So much better than a particular other hostel in town due to it's friendliness and cleanliness. Ended up staying four nights

Great hostel! Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Rented bikes right from the hostel to bike to the Muckross farms and to bike around Killarney National Park.

The hostel was super cute on the inside and outside. The rooms were spacious and it was in the best location I could have asked for. My only complaint was that I couldn't hire a towel (it probably says it somewhere on the site, and I missed that) and that reception is only open to 9. However, the location and the warm, welcoming atmosphere overweighs both of those problems.

« first « Prev 1 2 3