Killarney Sugan Hostel Reviews

Michael Collins Place, Lewis Road, Killarney, Ireland

Hot water supply was inconsistent, otherwise this was a very good place!

• 30th Jan 2015

Great location guy from the reception was nice .. But there is no HOT WATER !!! Guys this is Ireland and after a long trek on a winter day hot water is a MUST!!!! The double bed was just 2 single bed putted together as a result there was a big all in the middle !!! Breakfast was nonexistent!!! Stay somewhere else if you can !!!

Really homey atmosphere in the common area with wooden floors, benches, a nice warm fire and free tea! The room was clean and neat but noise with a hopping bar next door made it hard to sleep.

• 14th Nov 2014

Very funny and warmly owner..

No hot water in the bathroom.

• 25th Oct 2014

Nothing to say, as almost everything was perfect, except the shower.

The hostel is fairly well positioned and close to the main streets.There is a nice bar(the Shire) next door (good for us,we were looking for a bar,but not the best for families or "quiet" travelers). Breakfast particularly poor,s"you cook you wash"(quote) formula,which could have been ok if someone from the staff would have at least checked if everything was really clean.No hot water in the room,the shower had an annoying button to press,there was no window blind and there were some fingernails

This hostal is dangerous. I booked via hostal world and emailed 2 days before arrival to confirm booking. When I got no reply, I called and spoke to 'Martin' who assured me the booking was confirmed and that I should call the hostal line when I arrived. (Not realising there was a 9pm check in time, I had booked my train to arrive at 10.30pm. He said this was fine on the phone and there would be no problem). They never answered the phone or the door. 11pm on a cold Friday night where I know noone

• 10th Oct 2014

We were very glad to find out that an arrival later than 9 pm was possible. We found that out after calling, as the we never got a reply to the emails we sent. Apart from that the hostel was very comfortable and a nice place to stay.

The only thing I would have like to have differently was better lighting in the common room. The proprietor and location were stellar.

Great location with cheap parking up the street.