Killarney Sugan Hostel Reviews

Michael Collins Place, Lewis Road, Killarney, Ireland

Lovely !! So much better than a particular other hostel in town due to it's friendliness and cleanliness. Ended up staying four nights

The hostel was super cute on the inside and outside. The rooms were spacious and it was in the best location I could have asked for. My only complaint was that I couldn't hire a towel (it probably says it somewhere on the site, and I missed that) and that reception is only open to 9. However, the location and the warm, welcoming atmosphere overweighs both of those problems.

Our best stay in Ireland :) Perfect location on beautifful Killarney. The host is extra extra friendly.

The shared shower is not really hot and you can't adjust the heat. Except that all was perfect.

Great hostel, very relaxing with a homely vibe, good location, the guy that works there is great, and the kitchen is also very good .

• 14th Jul 2014

I had a great time at Sugan Hostel, the staff was very nice and friendly, the location was excellent, very close to the centre but at the same time in a quiet part of the town. Breakfast was good, and the bedroom (8beds mixed dorm) clean. The shower takes a while to get warm, but in general the hostel was excellent!

Excellent Hostel, with a very nice atmosphere, and best: You can rent bikes (10 € a day). Breakfast is included! Definitly a very good place to stay in Killarney.

Thank You for an enjoyabe stay. very friendly stuff made our first and last days in ireland pleasure and fun !

• 9th Jul 2014

Nice atmosphere. Clean. Allowed storage of bikes in room for weekend as ring of Kerry cycle was on.

• 4th Jul 2014

Very good hostel, brilliant location & staff were great. Martin stayed until 10:30pm on the Friday night as i was running late. I got a single room, double bed & en suite so i was very happy. At 70 euros for two nights.... brilliant value. Colm

• 4th Jul 2014

Very dark and not nice

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very funny how can you leave only 3 points for location if we are in town center? People amaze me

It was a lovely hostel, with great atmosphere and a personality of it's own. It was quiet and the staff was super nice. Our only complaint would be that the shower had very little pressure and would switch between lukewarm/cold water every 2 minutes, and was never hot. The room was somewhat small, but it didn't really bother us. The staff (Martin) went above and beyond for us though and gave us lots of helpful info. I would stay there again!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Great hostel in a wonderful location. Definetely a "must see" ;)

This hostel was lovely and quaint and in the perfect part of town. Right next to the bus station and the national park. They rent you bikes for 10 euro and the park is only a 15 min bike ride to get to from here. The guy with the Mohawk, Martin I think, was very nice and helpful, I don't understand the complaints against him. My only problems were the shower for the 8 bed room was also some sort of mop closet, filled with different chemicals and dirty mop water. Would stay again!

• 20th Jun 2014

Sugan is possibly the best hostel I have ever been to. The beds are comfortable, the facilities are clean, and the common area is super quaint and cozy. The kitchen is well equipped. Martin runs the place, has lived there 10 years, and is still full of energy and enthusiasm for what he does. He's a wealth of information about the area and will rent you a bike for €10 so you can get farther afield if needed. You can walk anywhere in the town from Sugan, which is right in the main area of town.

• 14th Jun 2014

The location is in walking distance to train station and center of Killarney. The staff was very friendly and very very helpful. It was a pleasure to stay there.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I loved this place! The owner is very kind, and he made sure we had a comfortable stay. The hostel has a very laid-back atmosphere, and is in a fantastic location, very close to the train station. If I ever return to Killarney, this is where I'll be staying.

Our host Martin took extra great care of us. Keeping our luggage securely stored while we walked the Kerry Way and gave us a ride to the train statuon on our last day. Location is excellent, close to the city center, but far enough away from noisy pubs :-)

Lovely Place to stay! Again and again!!

Te staff is very fiendly. If you need information, He help you. He is a funny person.