Killarney Sugan Hostel Reviews

Michael Collins Place, Lewis Road, Killarney, Ireland

it was the third time i stood at the Sugan-Hostel,it is a very warm and comfortable place,very homefull.The owner is very friendly and helpfull,it is clean and tidy.I stood at 3 other hostels through Ireland,but the Sugan is the best for me.I will go back again for sure.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Luxembourg

I love this hostel and when I go to Killarney I always stay there. Great staff, great location, friendly, good price.

The staff here are friendly. Room was basic but very central and a good price. The only thing I didn't like about the place was the musty damp smell of the corridor/stairs. There was even a smell in my room when I first entered but that cleared after I left the windows open for a few hours. Get some new carpets guys and odour neutralisers.

Great hostel, great atmosphere, clean, and comfortable. We loved staying here, the beds were super comfy and there was a great sitting area near a Woodstove down in the dining/living area. Only problem was the room was sort of cold and the bathroom was so far from the heater than it never got warm and on top of it the shower had lukewarm water with terrible water pressure so a very cold shower was inevitable. Chose to hold off on another shower till the next destination

It was cold and bleak here, I barely saw the staff. My room, the common room and the kitchen were all freezing. The wifi only works in one very cold and uncomfortable room. There was never a fire in the fireplace. My room was dirty, it did not seem that the carpets had been vacuumed in ages. Breakfast was poor and there were conflicting notices as to when it started. Also, the fish in the common room did not seem very happy.

Such a great hostel with a very cozy atmosphere, very attentive staff, and excellent value. I met some good friends here and we spent hours just talking in front of the warm wood stove. Sugan also rents bikes for less than any other place in town and they're located just a 3 minute walk from the train station. When I go to Killarney again, I'm definitely staying at the Sugan.

• 20th Dec 2013

It was very cold in the hostel, it was freezing outside and the heating was not on. I had to sleep with wintersocks and 2 sweaters... It smelled musty and it was humid in the room. Even the sheets were wet due to moist!? The water of the shower was also freezing cold. Breakfast was just a sandwich with chocolate - not a continental breakfast as said on the description. We went somewhere else for breakfast. I did not enjoy my stay at all and was glad I could leave that hostel.

• 21st Nov 2013
  • Belgium

Heating didn´t work and it was absolutely impossible to take even a warm shower due to the water was frozen.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Spain

I found it -for this , my second stay ,a pleasant ,relaxing experience . The warden , Martin as well as his wife are very pleasant , friendly and helpful. Martin was extremely helpful when I credit card . I recommend this hostel without reservation. Anne ODonnell

Really nice hostel. I can't say anything bad ;)

• 26th Oct 2013