Killarney Sugan Hostel Reviews

Michael Collins Place, Lewis Road, Killarney, Ireland

This place has a lot of potential of becoming a great hostel, it just needs a really good scrub from top to bottom, and a fresh lick of paint in the rooms. That being said I still had a good time here, staff was friendly and helpful and I've met some of the nicest people here. So all in all, it wasn't a bad stay. The place just needs a revamp...

The hostel is located next to a pub where you'd go to ask the staff. You could have a drink and simply go next door and be "home"! It has a nice common room with slightly chatotic kitchen and nice rooms. Everyone is very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean (private double) and I'd definetely go again!

Had a lovely few days, excellent location with very friendly and helpful staff. The Shire bar also owned by the hostel is well worth a visit with excellent service and staff also.

Good hostel, good price, good people!! Had a good time there!!!

• 18th Aug 2015

Really nice and colourful hostel with lovely staff, amazingly located exactly in the city centre, you feel like at home. Really nice people, international atmosfere and nice boys :-D Have fun and book this hostel! It is worth beeing there :-)

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

Great location near the centre of town, nice common room and well equipped kitchen. But there is only ONE shower and toilet for all the people staying there and the shower obviously wasn't cleaned for a long time, it was really dirty and moldy!!

Really nice staff and the hostel is so cute. Everything was very simple, we enjoyed our stay! Thanks a lot :)

It's a small and cosy hostel right in the centre of Killarney and only 2 minutes walk from the station. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the Shire bar is a nice place to have a pint before going to bed. The room (dorm room) wasn't super clean, a lot of dust and stuff under the bunk beds. All in all I would definitely recommend the hostel because of the nice atmosphere and you get value for your money (bed, free linnen & towel and breakfast) and you're right in the centre of town.

A disappointing stay. The place wasn't very clean and the hallway smelled. No toilet paper or hand towel or bin in the en suite and the door wouldn't close properly. Decor or bedding werent great either. On the upside the bed was comfy so we slept well.

4-bed dorm ensuite was alright, albeit surprisingly small. I wouldn't really recommend unless you are after your personal bathroom. Wouldn't be surprised that if the door didn't open inwards they 'd put another bunk in there. I had a good stay and enjoyed my time tremendously in Kill Arnie, would come back. Another note, the provided bedding is fine but I suggest bringing your own.

Only one light in the room and it was TERRIBLE. Plug situation would be better. Only one toilet and shower for the whole place? Maybe some rooms were ensuite, but I was always waiting for the toilet. There wasn't a lot of space to put your stuff in the room, so I was constantly tripping over people's stuff. If you want to go out in Killarney it's in a good location.

I was disappointed in my stay there. The facilities were dark, and clearly smelled musty/moldy. The kitchen was dirty, the ceiling was leaking, and the gentleman who checked me in wasn't super friendly.

The pub just beside is really nice with good beer. It is not the most clean and good looking hostel I have been but there is definitively a little something there! :)

Staff were really great. Good value for money

• 26th Jul 2015

We only had a one night stay here so some of the aspect of the review are hard to say. Great location, we were at the front and still didn't find it too noisy. Missed the breakfast which to be honest we were told nothing about. Didn't receive any information about facilities really, so I don't know if there is WIFI, if there is they never told us about it. The staff were friendly for sure but not particularly informative.

Very cute. A must stay if you are a LOTR fan as the bar (or The Shire) is very cool with lots of references and even beers named after some characters. It is right in town and very, very easy to get to from the bus station.

This hostel is in an ideal location right in the town centre,the staff were extremely helpful,after our checkout they were more than willing to allow us to store our bags in the bar in a secure area so we could collect them later before returning home, the room was nice and clean and had no issues at all while staying here. Would definitely stay here again.

• 20th Jul 2015

A hostel with a lot of potential. At the moment it's very dirty......

The kitchen was terrible and needs work doing. Some new pots and pans would be useful.

As most people said, the hostel was cozy, homey, and quaint, but could have been kept up a little better. It wasn't bad though, aside from the wifi not working in our room and hardly working in common areas. The code-locked doors were a bit finicky too and it was hard to tell who worked there to ask questions being that you checked in at the bar next door. Overall it was a quaint little place.