Kilronan Hostel Reviews

Inis Mor, Galway, Aran Islands, Ireland

Amazing hostel. I spent only one night there but that was enough to get a family spirit. The staff is amazing, very friendly and kind fellows. The hostel is clean and the location is fecking amazing. I had a lovely time, thank you for everything! V.

• 18th Jul 2015

Very relaxed place to stay - very accommodating.

• 13th Jul 2015

Overall my experience of Kilroynan hostel was ok - nothing to complain but nothing really special about this place neither, except the location which was great! They have adaptors for guests to use so that was nice. Rooms were clean, but there were definitely not enough plugins, that was a small problem! Staff was friendly, but I felt like they were more into their own things, friends, phonecalls etc than to customservice. With no alternatives for milk, the breakfast was a small disappointment.

I'm sorry that your free upgrade and free breakfast were a disappointment. If you had asked us, then we would have been more than happy to offer you an alternative :-) Also, our staff are absolutely not "into their own things". Customer service is our first priority - we are always very welcoming and try to create an inclusive atmosphere. That night, our staff spent the evening making fresh bread for everyone to try, playing cards and chatting with guests. Maybe you should have joined in!

Shower wastewater did not drain wel, plumbing job overdue?

Hi thanks for your feedback. I was unaware of the plumbing problem until the next guest to check into your room told me about it and we promptly resolved the issue. If there is ever any problem, we are more than happy to find a solution ASAP. However, we can't fix a problem that we don't know about! Anyway, thanks again and I hope you both enjoyed your stay on the island and survived your flight back to Galway! Enjoy the rest of your travels in Ireland :-)

Had a good time at this hostel. Staff was friendly and easy to get along with. The location is great; it's right on the harbor. They made getting bike rentals and exploring the island easy. Glad I stayed here, and would recommend to anyone staying on Inishmore.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I really appreciate it. Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here! We really enjoyed hanging out with you too. I hope the rest of your travels went well and you didn't hit the whiskey too hard! ;-)

Not too many hostels on Inis Mor, in fact this might be the only one (plenty of B&Bs though). Luckily it's an excellent host with clean facilities and an attentive staff. Thoroughly recommended.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I really appreciate it and am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. All the best, Kevin

Love this place so much. Was here last week and changed my travel plans to come back again - that tells you everything!

Thanks for your review. Thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful time here...again! ;-) Hopefully see you out here again soon!

This was actually my first time to stay in a hostel ever and I have to say I loved it! A real homely vibe and the staff are so incredibly helpful and patient. The receptionist from Galway (forgot his name, sorry!) spent a good 10 or 15 minutes talking to a Portuguese lady in a mix of Spanish and English to explain all about the island to her! The kitchen is big and lively and while the main building is old and some rooms are small, I have to say that it was warm and spotlessly clean.

• 28th Jun 2015

Thank you very much for your kind words. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It was an absolute pleasure to have you staying here with us and I hope this was just the first of many hostel stays for you, now that we've shown you what a good hostel is like! :-)

Loved every second of it! Amazing customer service - above and beyond what I've seen anywhere. Bike rental, cycling route explained in detail, free ticket for Dun Aengus, sunscreen, advice on live music, recommendation for food (Bayview Restaurant - go there!) and that was all just in the first few hours! Really friendly and helpful people - they obviously love the job and really know what they're doing. Hostel is clean, comfy and has nice welcoming vibe. I really can't recommend it enough

Hey! Thanks for your kind words. I'm delighted to hear you had such a great stay here and appreciated our efforts. We are always more than happy to help our guests enjoy everything that this great little island has to offer, so I'm glad you made the most of your trip. Hopefully you'll manage to catch a fish or two when you come back! ;-)

Perfect location, short walk from the ferry and grocery store is just down the road. The staff knew my name before I told them for check in- it was impressive to say the least haha! There is a really big TV, so if it's raining or you just want to chill in the lounge you can. Very relaxed atmosphere, well equipped kitchen with herbs and spices if you want to cook. Would be nice to have lockers in the room and plug sockets at each bunk... But overall a good experience and I would stay again.

Thank you for your reply. We have 12 free lockers at reception. There is one socket for each person in each dorm. Please if you need anything, just ask at reception!

We stayed a night in this amazing hostel ! You can enjoy the living room full of dvds & books, there is a really wide kitchen and the team is really nice ! And of course, view of the sea from our room :) I really recommend this hostel, one of the best I've ever been.

• 14th Jun 2015

Nice place - very relaxed, friendly atmosphere - great staff, ideal location for the island

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great location

Great location!!!

Kilronan offered everything that I look for in a hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful. They arranged a great tour for me (with Noel). The hostel is very well located to everything. Inishmore is an amazing experience and I am glad I stayed overnight at Kilronan so I could enjoy seeing more of the island.

This is a friendly, relaxed and well run hostel. I would recommend staying on the island rather than visiting for a daytrip.

Hi thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm delighted that you had such a nice time here and enjoyed your stay with us. We aim to please! :-)

The hostel is located in a great place, just in front of the pier. The staff are lovely (kind regards for all of you), like a big family. This is the best place to meet new people and spend a wonderful time in that amazing island. I highly recommend it!

• 30th May 2015
  • Spain

As I was getting off the ferry and ran to the hostel, I was warmly welcomed and well briefed by a polite well groomed member of staff. For the price I paid, the location was stunning and right next to the Pier which was suitable to my timetable. The rooms were clean and the facilities were accessible. Thank you for making my stay so pleasant. I know I will be back and staying with you again. Highly recommend this accommodation. two thumbs up ( a third if I had another hand)

I love this place. Guitar concert in the garden with Kevin and Eric. Clean dormitory with a comfortable bed. Very large kitchen with good breakfast included. Friendly workers who are interested in talking to you. A perfect place to stay!

• 27th May 2015