Kilronan Hostel Reviews

Inis Mor, Galway, Aran Islands, Ireland

Love this place so much. Was here last week and changed my travel plans to come back again - that tells you everything!

This was actually my first time to stay in a hostel ever and I have to say I loved it! A real homely vibe and the staff are so incredibly helpful and patient. The receptionist from Galway (forgot his name, sorry!) spent a good 10 or 15 minutes talking to a Portuguese lady in a mix of Spanish and English to explain all about the island to her! The kitchen is big and lively and while the main building is old and some rooms are small, I have to say that it was warm and spotlessly clean.

• 28th Jun 2015

Very nice little hostel right next to the ferry, the bike hire and a shop for food right next door. Clean rooms and a good size clean modern looking kitchen. Friendly staff, good quick check in and check out. Internet everywhere and sky TV on a flat screen. Would very much recommend this place.

Loved every second of it! Amazing customer service - above and beyond what I've seen anywhere. Bike rental, cycling route explained in detail, free ticket for Dun Aengus, sunscreen, advice on live music, recommendation for food (Bayview Restaurant - go there!) and that was all just in the first few hours! Really friendly and helpful people - they obviously love the job and really know what they're doing. Hostel is clean, comfy and has nice welcoming vibe. I really can't recommend it enough

Perfect location, short walk from the ferry and grocery store is just down the road. The staff knew my name before I told them for check in- it was impressive to say the least haha! There is a really big TV, so if it's raining or you just want to chill in the lounge you can. Very relaxed atmosphere, well equipped kitchen with herbs and spices if you want to cook. Would be nice to have lockers in the room and plug sockets at each bunk... But overall a good experience and I would stay again.

We stayed a night in this amazing hostel ! You can enjoy the living room full of dvds & books, there is a really wide kitchen and the team is really nice ! And of course, view of the sea from our room :) I really recommend this hostel, one of the best I've ever been.

• 14th Jun 2015

Nice place - very relaxed, friendly atmosphere - great staff, ideal location for the island

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great location

Great location!!!

Kilronan offered everything that I look for in a hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful. They arranged a great tour for me (with Noel). The hostel is very well located to everything. Inishmore is an amazing experience and I am glad I stayed overnight at Kilronan so I could enjoy seeing more of the island.

This is a friendly, relaxed and well run hostel. I would recommend staying on the island rather than visiting for a daytrip.

The hostel is located in a great place, just in front of the pier. The staff are lovely (kind regards for all of you), like a big family. This is the best place to meet new people and spend a wonderful time in that amazing island. I highly recommend it!

• 30th May 2015
  • Spain

As I was getting off the ferry and ran to the hostel, I was warmly welcomed and well briefed by a polite well groomed member of staff. For the price I paid, the location was stunning and right next to the Pier which was suitable to my timetable. The rooms were clean and the facilities were accessible. Thank you for making my stay so pleasant. I know I will be back and staying with you again. Highly recommend this accommodation. two thumbs up ( a third if I had another hand)

I love this place. Guitar concert in the garden with Kevin and Eric. Clean dormitory with a comfortable bed. Very large kitchen with good breakfast included. Friendly workers who are interested in talking to you. A perfect place to stay!

• 27th May 2015
  • Senegal

Very good A1

• 25th May 2015
  • andrewmelia19622416

I wish I could stay more longer in this nice hostel! Kevin, the hostel manager was very welcoming and helpful! The hostel is very well situated on Inis Mor island, 2 min by walk from the harbour. You definitely have to experience the local pub "Ti Joe Watty", 10min by walk from the hostel, good music and good Guiness ! There're also a lot of information at the hostel about visiting the island which is very helpful!

Great stay in this hostel. Very clean and good atmosphere. The staff are very friendly and helpful - especially Jamila who gave me great advice about cycling, live music and a lovely restaurant close to the hostel. Definitely recommend! :-)

• 20th May 2015

Good location, near the pier and also the supermarket. With a clean and nice kitchen to cook for your meals.

I was worried that I would have a hard time finding the hostel from the pier. SO not the case. Get off ferry, walk up the pier a bit, look to the left. Walk to building that says "HOSTEL" That easy. Small place, but quaint and intimate. Side building houses kitchen/eating area (so you have to walk outside for 10 seconds. The island is really friendly, and the village is very easy to get around. Tour guides are very willing to accommodate and are a blast to talk with about the local area.

great kitchen, well equipped friendly staff, clean rooms all in all, great

View all Aran Islands Hostels