Kilronan Hostel Reviews

Inis Mor, Galway, Aran Islands, Ireland

Everything was great! We spend new year's eve there, Dave took a very good care of us! I highly recommend it!

The hostel was great and I really enjoyed my stay. Staff was very friendly and the location of the hostel is perfect. Rooms and kitchen were clean and very cosy - and their teddy bear is the cutest thing ever! I would recommend the hostel to anyone who wants to visit Inis Mor.

I loved the atmosphere of this hostel! My room had a view of the harbour which was great and it was very easily accessible from the ferry. The shower was very loud and had poor water pressure and the Internet was not working for the majority of my stay. All in all a nice stay though!

Than you for your comments. Our Internet is now working at 100%. There is a an extra switch in the shower that increases the power x 4. You should have let one of our staff know as there is nothing we can do about it after you leave. Safe travels!

Had such a great stay at the hostel. Received a lovely welcome from Kevin who gave us frat suggestions as to how to spend the day. He also pointed us in the direction of a place that served the tastiest (and probably only) Guinness cake in the world. Common area was great. A really social atmosphere which was helped by the or sense of staff having the craic with one another as well as the guests! Will return next season for sure!

This place felt more like staying at a friends house than a hostel. The staff were so friendly and welcoming, they even offered us dinner! Shout out to Kevin for the cycling itinerary he drew up for me, and for serenading us with the guitar! The communal room is a great spot for chilling out and getting to know other people and is very well stocked with books and has a TV with satellite in case the weather takes a turn for the worst. Kitchen is big & clean and rooms are comfy and spotless :)

I really enjoyed my weekend on Inis Mór! The Island is beautiful and the staff were very friendly and gave us a lot of good tips! They were very helpful and made us feel like home! The hostel is very well situated, 2min from the ferry and a pub down the stairs! :) The bedroom was clean and beds very confortable! Will definitely come back next summer! :)

Kilronan Hostel is a great place to stay,, clean, comfortable and warm with plenty of hot water. great self catering facilities and friendly staff. No complaints. Will definiitely return.

Great Stay in Kilronan! Kevin and the Staff are so welcoming and friendly. Slept great, and it was super quiet at night. Though! Don't be mistaken, they know how to have a good time here! Clean rooms, no lack of hot water in the showers, great view! Fun times! Would definitely recommend that you stay here :)

Great hostel perfectly located. The staff was so nice and I really appreciated the pizza night organized by the staff that creates a very cheerful atmosfere!

Our stay at kilronan was great. The location is amazing, visible straight from the ferry. All the staff were so friendly and answered any questions we needed, gave us information and help with activities to do on the island. The rooms are really clean and comfortable and water is always hot :-) will definitely stay again!

• 13th Oct 2015

My friend and I stayed at the hostel two nights. The staff is really nice and helpful. All the common places and our room were clean. We had a great time on the island and at the hostel. We had free towels and candies to welcome us! While we were there the staff organized an amazing free pizza night in the kitchen so it was cool to meet all the other travelers that way. I recommend to anyone who's planning to go to Inish Mor to stay at this Hostel. This is the best place we stayed in Ireland.

In some strange way I felt like I was returning home when I reached Kilronan hostel - perhaps due to the fact that I was met with a big smile and warm welcome on arrival. The staff here are friendly and inclusive and the is a great buzz about the place. The island of course beautiful too and well worth a visit. Thank you for having me!

• 13th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

I enjoyed my stay at Kilronan Hostel. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the kitchen was well stocked, and the staff helpful.

This really was best hostel in my trip in Ireland. Staff was unbelievable - so friendly and so helpful and funny. Room was very clean with new painted walls. Laundry was cleaned for me without charge :) Kitchen was huge with plenty a space to cook and was also spotless clean. Big group of us actually went to pub to see Poland game so I feel like at home :D Island is also extremely beautiful with amazing nature and very nice people. I cannot wait to came back here next time I am in Ireland :)

• 6th Oct 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here. The hostel was very clean. The gave me fresh towels and sweets on check-in. It was warm and cosy and the other people staying there friendly and interesting. The staff were so helpful and nice. I will definitely stay here again :)

• 5th Oct 2015

We had an awesome stay at the kilronan Hostel! It was a very friendly atmosphere and we had a lot of fun with the great staff. The Hostel is totally clean and nicely done up. The guys are doing lots of work to keep the hostel as lovely as it is now and make the visitors having an unforgettable stay. So we definitely will come back! ;)

• 3rd Oct 2015

Great hostel, very nice staff, excellent location!

• Poland

I had a perfect stay. It was possible to rent a bike with the hostel through e-mail two days before arriving, and because of that I could explore the island during the very limited time I had to spend there. I would definitely recommend the hostel to friends, and I am looking forward to visiting the hostel and the island again for a longer stay.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Thanks for you nice words, we really appreciate it. We have a special offer for October.... OCTOBER SPECIAL: BOOK 2 NIGHTS AND GET THE 2 MORE NIGHTS FREE. Just e-mail us that you want to stay the extra nights for free!

This hostel was wonderful! The room was so clean and comfortable, and I slept better in this hostel than any other I've been to. The staff were all so nice and helpful, and the breakfast/kitchen was great as well with plenty of space for multiple guests. They had female only rooms which made me feel even more comfortable during my stay. Breakfast was great and had an assortment of cereals and breads, with plenty of spreads to choose from for toast. It also had an array of teas to choose from.

Pretty old hostel, rooms are really small, the atmosphere is amazing and the kitchen is great. Good for 1 or 2 nights to explore the island

Hi there, Part of this hostel is 150 years old so the building has loads of character! Thanks for your comments.

View all Aran Islands Hostels