Kilronan Hostel Reviews

Inis Mor, Galway, Aran Islands, Ireland

Great stay in this hostel. Very clean and good atmosphere. The staff are very friendly and helpful - especially Jamila who gave me great advice about cycling, live music and a lovely restaurant close to the hostel. Definitely recommend! :-)

• 20th May 2015

I was worried that I would have a hard time finding the hostel from the pier. SO not the case. Get off ferry, walk up the pier a bit, look to the left. Walk to building that says "HOSTEL" That easy. Small place, but quaint and intimate. Side building houses kitchen/eating area (so you have to walk outside for 10 seconds. The island is really friendly, and the village is very easy to get around. Tour guides are very willing to accommodate and are a blast to talk with about the local area.

great kitchen, well equipped friendly staff, clean rooms all in all, great

Very friendly staff and loved the location of the hostel! I would consider turning the heating a lot more as it was quite cold or offering more portable heaters. Also I would suggest introducing secure lockers in rooms.

Hi there, Thanks for your comments.Please Please Please just call to reception for anything you need anything! We have free secure lockers in the reception area. We have extra portable heaters at reception if any guests wants them. Kilronan Team!

I loved my stay at this hostel. The 3 women working there made me feel right at home. The kitchen is huge and the location can not be beat. I got to chat with people from all over the world . I wish more hostels were as laid back, fun, and welcoming as this one.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. I really appreciate it. I'm really delighted to hear you had such a nice time here and met some cool people. We're very lucky - we always seem to get interesting and friendly people staying with us...and working for us! I'm glad they helped to make your stay so enjoyable. Hope to see you back out here again soon! :-)

This place is awesome, it is a little pricey but given the amazing staff, awesome atmosphere and excellent kitchen and facilities, totally worth it. Thanks for a great stay :) Meg.

Hey thanks for taking the time to leave a review - I really appreciate it. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here with so much. It's just a pity you couldn't stay longer. Maybe next time! ;-)

Probably the biggest kitchen I've seen in a hostel yet! I had a great stay.

Kilronan hostel is nothing special, but it has an excellent location (right next to the ferry dock) and friendly staff. I was a bit annoyed by their laissez-faire attitude though: I paid an advance on Hostelworld, but they charged my the full price, with the explanation that 'they don't do business with such commerical websites', and even though I booked a female dorm, there was a man sleeping there. These things considered, I thing 25 euros a night is really pricey.

Well, I love my stay at the hostel. Its just the heater wasn't working at night and it was quite cold at night.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Hi there, We have extra heaters at reception for those who are not used to the Irish Weather. Anytime you need anything just call to reception and we will sort out any issues you have there and then. Thank you for your comments!

Close to the port, clean, have breakfast. Friendly staff. A bit damp (because it's close to the sea). Would stay again.

Stayed for Tedfest, Kevin could noy have done more for us, he is a gem and We'll be back next year for definite.

• 28th Feb 2015

Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay here and had fun at Tedfest! We'd love to see you again, so please don't hesitate to get in touch if you'd like to visit during the summertime...otherwise we'll see you next February for more Ted-themed mayhem! :-)

Great place, great hostel, great and friendly staff. I hope I can return for a longer visit

• 24th Feb 2015