Kim Samnang Guesthouse Reviews

N.97, St 141, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

After reading good reviews we decided to stay at sunday guest house which had changed its name to kimsannang by the time we arrived. We have stayed at numerous guest houses in vietnam and indonesia that were basic, but clean and tidy. We were expecting something similar on this occassion. It was disappointing at best. On the filthy side, holes in the bathroom ceiling and windows patched up with tape. The host was nice, but we could have stayed at a newer snd cleaner guest house for same price

• 17th Jul 2015

Very hot without air con, small room low ceilings

bad: room floor was sticky and toilet was very small. good: spacious room.

Room pretty large, air conditioning which was nice, have to get a tuk tuk everywhere though which can add up, but there are always drivers outside. Few ants on one bed, so that was a bit gross. Good staff though.

really friendly staff, nice shared balcony areas and room 2 has the biggest bathroom we've seen in a South East Asian guesthouse! Only problem is location, there are some nice cafes and sights in the area but it's not really where the action is...

Very nice and helpfull staff. Room downstairs nice but a lot of noice from outside. I heard the radio from the nightwatch all night. Luckely I brought my earplugs. I will be back in a week or so.

• 13th Feb 2015

Nice staff, and a decent room. However, the air conditioner kept leaking water the entire time, and the shower hose in the bathroom also never stopped leaking. Still, for the price, it's pretty decent. Location certainly wasn't the best, but you get what you pay for. Owner was very helpful in any questions I had. The only thing I would say is don't get the $12 cab ride from the airport, it's definitely overpriced. I'm sure you can just take random cab for half that.

Great value for money, would definitely recommend! Clean rooms, free maps, staff really helpful and speaks great English. On a quiet side street, roughly 10 minute walk to Tuol Sleng prison and 15-20 minute walk to Royal Palace area. Very nice!

View all Phnom Penh Bed and Breakfasts