Kimberley Hotel Back Packers Reviews

48 Roeland Street, Cape Town, South Africa

Kimberly Hotel has such an amazing opportunity to be great, but it fails to deliver. We booked for a group of students, we were asked to pay a deposit, 12%, which we did. Upon arrival we were given a invoice from the whole amount. When asked what happened to the deposit we paid, we were informed that it was a booking fee, and we still had to pay the full amount. The rooms were shockingly dirty!!! Please clean your hotel and remember, rather be honest instead of making false advertising.

I could not last 30mins in that building because the whole place smells of cigarette and the noise coming from the pub down stairs was unbearable. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I was there on a Church trip and I couldn't imagine my church uniform smelling of cigarettes. The place is not bad. It just needs some good hygienic care and those who neither drink nor smoke should not be affected.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

The hostel remembers its old good days,is well located,has exellent helpful Mikey on board and is worh recommending if you do not spend much money the value you get is the right one

We had a great 2 week stay at the Kimberley Backpackers and Hotel. We thought it was fantastic value for money We would highly recommend it to all travellers. Thank you very much Mickey!

• 9th Apr 2014