Kimchee Gangnam Guesthouse

Fabulous 99 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 99 Total Reviews

30th Jul 2017

Located extremely close to the subway which was very convenient. Staff were all very friendly and helpful, and laundry was convenient too. Overall great experience

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
8th Jul 2017
5.1

Our room happened to be on the first floor, so we heard every conversation with the front desk and late arrivals at night. The worst part was that the A/C unit made a loud buzzing noise every 45-60min or so, making sleeping incredibly difficult. We also figured out that one of the drying machines was broken, which the front desk did not know how to solve. Beware that you need to shower on top of the toilet and sink. Front desk was helpful for booking activities, but that was the only positive.

24th Jun 2017
8.0

Pretty good, nothing to complain, but also pretty standard. The location is good if you want to explore Gangnam, but it's quite far from some other areas like Hongdae or Myeongdong. The area is pretty rich, many nice restaurants and cafes, but not much to do otherwise. Good connection with two subway lines. Rooms are good. I'd stay here again.

• Mriede
  • USA, Male, 25-30
12th May 2017
7.7

Low-key, quiet area. Kind of an office-y neighborhood, but close to the super expensive club and shopping districts of Gangnam, since that is where you are. Not too much of a nightlife in walking distance. I stayed in a private room that reminded me of a cabin on a cruise. Had my own bathroom which was clean and water was fine. There were a good amount of mosquitos in my room unfortunately. Other than that it was quiet when I was there but there were people around in common area to meet.

• Alixnicollee
  • USA, Female, 18-24
12th Apr 2017

My friend and i were traveling to Korea for the first time, not really knowing what we were doing. we got to the guesthouse early and they gladly took us in and gave us our rooms. Everyone was super nice and helpful. the guesthouse was clean and in the middle of everything we wanted to do. had great restaurants around it and easy access to the bus and subway. definitely plan on coming back here in the future.

20th Mar 2017
6.6

Staff were helpful and friendly. Location was convenient to the subway. But the room was grungy, the bed was so hard that I might as well have slept on the floor, and the walls were so thin that I could hear my neighbor snoring. Acceptable in a dorm but not in a "deluxe private single."

10th Mar 2017

A very nice place to stay a couple of nights! The private, single rooms were small but had everything I needed. The common area is quite nice and the breakfast was good as well. The best part was the helpful and kind staff. I would definitely stay here again!

10th Mar 2017

The room was incredibly small but it was just what I needed for the night. There was only one small towel but like I said for a one night stay it did the trick. The location was great. The staff was helpful and check-in was fast. The bed was hard, but some people like that. I would recommend this place because the price is good when you consider the location and free breakfast. Do go here expecting a 5 star hostel. If you are not picky and low maintenance this will be great for you.

8th Mar 2017
8.0

Not too shabby. The facilities are a little drab, but the value for the location is good. I just stayed one night on a weeknight, do not much to assess. Got full laundry service, but the floor flooded, haha. All in all its pretty decent.