Kimchee Gangnam Guesthouse Reviews

Seoul Gangnam-gu Nonhyeon dong 112-5, Seoul, South Korea

We only stayed for one night, but it was a very enjoyable stay! The hostel was extremely clean and friendly, and the staff was superb. It was very close to the subway and in a lovely neighborhood. Definitely would stay again!

• 15th May 2015

Cool and cozy guesthouse with friendly staff.

If you're looking to meet other travelers, this hostel is probably not the best choice. Furthermore, I am unsure if they change the sheet that covers the bed mine didn't look clean - covered with dust/hairs/etc. it's good place if you want privacy but don't want to shell out a lot of money for a hotel.

The staff there was super awesome. Everyone i mest was super cool and super helpful. Sofia and Kelsey did a great job showing us around and really made our stay wonderful. The one problem I had with the hostel was the bathroom smelled really bad in our room.

The room was clean, staff helped me out late at night, and the dorm was night empty during the week. I had it all to myself one night! Great place! Thanks Sam!

Don't usually leave feedback but you leave me no choice with the exceptional service. Especially Sam, he is the heart n soul of the guesthouse, makes everyone feel comfortable and goes above n beyond to make sure the guests have a comfortable stay. Learnt a lot about the Korean lifestyle from him. Thanks for everything. Rock on !

• 22nd Feb 2015

I really enjoyed staying at Kimchee Guesthouse the past two weeks. Especially Sam and Charles are extremely nice and very helpful. The rooms are a bit smaller than you would expect from Europe/the US (so don't bring too much luggage ;)) but on the one hand that's the Seoul-standard and on the other hand they are clean as-well as comfortable. The only thing that can get on your nerves are the thin walls. If you have a jetlaged or nocturnal neighbor prepare yourself to barely sleep at night.

• 17th Jan 2015

Had a late bus coming into Seoul. The place was easy to find and the staff were very welcoming. I mentioned I was cold and the staff at check in had a hot tea in my hands immediately! The price was high and dorm bathroom had hair all over the floor. Despite this it was better than the next place I stayed in Seoul, which was run by a crazy person. Overall I would recommend.

Very close to Gangnam-gu Office Station and lots of combinis and cafes around the area. We visited during winter when it's absolutely freezing outside but the rooms were brilliantly warm - heated floor and heating units. The staff were really good, too. When we arrived quite late into the night Sam got us settled. He also offered to order us food because we hadn't oriented ourselves yet. Staff also ordered us taxis and recommended clubs. Can't fault my stay!