Kimchee Hongdae Guesthouse Reviews

570-16, Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Seoul, South Korea

I felt very uninvited at this hostel. The owner himself was great but very person that lived/worked there just made me feel unwelcome. The hostel itself and the facilities were fine, just the attitude of the staff that needs to be improved,

Always good people there, Carter is the man ! :D might see you again

good staffs and cozy common area!

This is a great value hostel. The location is good, the staff are friendly and it is clean and safe. I would recommend and will stay again.

Probably one of my most fun weeks ever when I stayed there. The staff is great! Jackie and Carter is crazy, but awesome people! I will def come back if I ever decide to go to Seoul again! Love from Remi and Sam

Our experience with this hostel was great. Just one problem. My girlfriend and I stayed in a private room on the second floor. The bathroom door is swollen and doesn't fit the frame unless slammed shut, not a big deal. However, the toilet paper upstairs was not refilled often so all morning and throughout the day people came down to use this bathroom, also not terrible. But the window in our room would make a loud vibration noise every time someone shut the door. Sleeping in was impossible.

• 4th Apr 2015

Wasn't the most secure hostel. Anyone can walk into the rooms, no locks on the doors. The staff was both good and bad. When I arrived late (after emailing confirming i would be arriving after midnight) the girl who answered the door said they were closed and i had to reiterate that i had a reservation. But otherwise, they were helpful and nice. Just a So So hostel. Decent atmosphere for going out and such, great location.

Lots of potential but horrible stay. not very helpful staff either. although some of them were okay. My room had a overflowing sink and a toilet that didn't flush. Of course this can happen , but doing nothing about it for 4 days is another thing. Location is good within walking distance from good cafe-restaurant and nightlife.

Not that special of a hostel. You get what you pay for. It would be nice if the rooms itself actually locked, rather than be open to the rest of the hostel. Also the place is sorta dingy.

loved it highly recommend to everyone cheers for an awesome stay guys/girls x

Good value for money, good location and clean

Really liked the people. I never like Hostel bathrooms but it was pretty normal.

Facilities where not clean but stairway was, staff was unorganized and inconfident. Middle of nowhere and hard to get to. Loud until 4am. But Good for money. Overall okay.