Kimchee Hongdae Guesthouse Reviews

570-16, Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Seoul, South Korea

Limited space in the lounge area and the aircon was not working, same in the room i stayed in. The lounge area at the basement felt like a sauna. It was way too hot to stay there. The staff were very friendly though and they were very helpful and accommodating. I wish they have a better kitchen.

It was a laid back guesthouse with cozy common area!

• 23rd Jul 2014

I stayed at this hostel two weeks ago and would not return or recommend it to others. The room (one double bed) was very dirty. There was lots of hair, dust bunnies and visible dirt all over the floor. The bathroom was used by other guests NOT staying in the three rooms that were all sharing a bathroom, so me and my friend had to wait for 30 minutes for someone to finish washing their feet in our rooms shared bathroom. Not very close to nightlife in Hongdae either.

Room was super small. Staff was alright, bathrooms were not treated well by other occupants. And it's a heck of a walk from downtown hongdae

The notice on the wall clearly states that the room will not be cleaned every day. However, common sense would be that when a guest leaves and another arrives, that would be the best time to clean. Not the case. I found the floor wasn't swept and the sheets weren't changed upon arrival. My only other complain would be that the other patrons were incredibly loud until the late hours of the night and the staff made no effort to quiet them. I could hear laughter past 2AM on a weekday.

It was a very good stay at Kimchee guesthouse. The room i stayed was a bit small but its was clean and good value for the money. The neighborhood is quiet and safe close to many bars, restaurants and subway ....I felt very comfortable like home ~ Thank you Cater and David ^^ I will revisit again for sure

This place is great. Location is on the Yamanote rail line which connects all the main places you would want to visit. The place is so clean and staff are friendly.

This place just suck. stay away! The worst guesthouse. The direction is misleading. direction is based on outdate landmarks. Even local who try to help lead me to wrong place. I spent 1 hour dragging my luggage on the street trying to find them, was totally exhausted and did not expect this sh**. then they put me on 5th floor with no elevator. room is roof top extension. place is so cramped, the ceiling is curved, imagine how small. and NO WIFI on 5th flr. Fu**ing no wifi in KOREA. What a joke!

My first time in Seoul and I wasn't really sure about this hostel but it was cheap and near a train stop so I gambled. Good gamble because I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. This is one of the cheapest hostels I saw during my research and I really just needed a place where I can store my bag and sleep at night (although I ended up not sleeping at all because Hongdae area is a nightlife heaven). The building is kind of hidden and I had to ask for directions a couple of times. This hidden

Friendly, helpful staff in the sexiest and most soulful area of Seoul!