Kimchee Hongdae Guesthouse Reviews

570-16, Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Seoul, South Korea

Stayed in Kimchee many times during my 3 months trip to Korea. Always came back here when returned to Seoul because I liked it so much. Good atmosphere and especially location. Really nice area! Also worked for the GH for a little while. Got so many new friends from fellow travellers and personnel as well. Especially big big thanks to Carter, who is the craziest korean guy and the best boss I've ever met! Thanks!!!

Limited space in the lounge area and the aircon was not working, same in the room i stayed in. The lounge area at the basement felt like a sauna. It was way too hot to stay there. The staff were very friendly though and they were very helpful and accommodating. I wish they have a better kitchen.

It was a laid back guesthouse with cozy common area!

• 23rd Jul 2014

I stayed at this hostel two weeks ago and would not return or recommend it to others. The room (one double bed) was very dirty. There was lots of hair, dust bunnies and visible dirt all over the floor. The bathroom was used by other guests NOT staying in the three rooms that were all sharing a bathroom, so me and my friend had to wait for 30 minutes for someone to finish washing their feet in our rooms shared bathroom. Not very close to nightlife in Hongdae either.

Room was super small. Staff was alright, bathrooms were not treated well by other occupants. And it's a heck of a walk from downtown hongdae

The notice on the wall clearly states that the room will not be cleaned every day. However, common sense would be that when a guest leaves and another arrives, that would be the best time to clean. Not the case. I found the floor wasn't swept and the sheets weren't changed upon arrival. My only other complain would be that the other patrons were incredibly loud until the late hours of the night and the staff made no effort to quiet them. I could hear laughter past 2AM on a weekday.

It was a very good stay at Kimchee guesthouse. The room i stayed was a bit small but its was clean and good value for the money. The neighborhood is quiet and safe close to many bars, restaurants and subway ....I felt very comfortable like home ~ Thank you Cater and David ^^ I will revisit again for sure

This place is great. Location is on the Yamanote rail line which connects all the main places you would want to visit. The place is so clean and staff are friendly.