Kimchee Hongdae Guesthouse Reviews

570-16, Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Seoul, South Korea

good staffs and cozy common area!

This is a great value hostel. The location is good, the staff are friendly and it is clean and safe. I would recommend and will stay again.

Probably one of my most fun weeks ever when I stayed there. The staff is great! Jackie and Carter is crazy, but awesome people! I will def come back if I ever decide to go to Seoul again! Love from Remi and Sam

Our experience with this hostel was great. Just one problem. My girlfriend and I stayed in a private room on the second floor. The bathroom door is swollen and doesn't fit the frame unless slammed shut, not a big deal. However, the toilet paper upstairs was not refilled often so all morning and throughout the day people came down to use this bathroom, also not terrible. But the window in our room would make a loud vibration noise every time someone shut the door. Sleeping in was impossible.

• 4th Apr 2015

Wasn't the most secure hostel. Anyone can walk into the rooms, no locks on the doors. The staff was both good and bad. When I arrived late (after emailing confirming i would be arriving after midnight) the girl who answered the door said they were closed and i had to reiterate that i had a reservation. But otherwise, they were helpful and nice. Just a So So hostel. Decent atmosphere for going out and such, great location.

Lots of potential but horrible stay. not very helpful staff either. although some of them were okay. My room had a overflowing sink and a toilet that didn't flush. Of course this can happen , but doing nothing about it for 4 days is another thing. Location is good within walking distance from good cafe-restaurant and nightlife.

Not that special of a hostel. You get what you pay for. It would be nice if the rooms itself actually locked, rather than be open to the rest of the hostel. Also the place is sorta dingy.

loved it highly recommend to everyone cheers for an awesome stay guys/girls x

Good value for money, good location and clean

Really liked the people. I never like Hostel bathrooms but it was pretty normal.

Facilities where not clean but stairway was, staff was unorganized and inconfident. Middle of nowhere and hard to get to. Loud until 4am. But Good for money. Overall okay.

Had a fantastic time making friends here, couldn't resist the endless opportunities to drink and party with room mates and staff alike. Best atmosphere I've experienced in a guest house to date, it felt like home away from home.

The only thing that was a flaw to this hostel was that sink in the mixed dorm bathroom would leak water whenever someone washed their hands. If that's fixed, then there wouldn't be a problem. Other than that, I think this hostel is fairly priced and in a good location.

Pretty good overall, nice volunteer staff, a personal light on the beds and sockets would have been good additions. Biggest problem was that the showers (or at least one shower) didn't provide hot water all the time.

Helpful staff, great value, clean, reasonably close to Hongdae and the subway.

very nice hostel a bit hard to find though

Loved Kimchee Hongdae! It's small but cozy and has a great atmosphere for young backpackers looking to meet others with similar interests. If I ever come back to Seoul, this is where I'm staying.

I'm sorry for the late review, but i had great time staying for one week at Kimchee guesthouse. It was located in a great area, it had good facilities and the staff was so friendly and helpful, they even brought a packet to the post office for me! thank you for everything!! Cheers!

This is one of those very large and rowdy hostels. Could be exactly what you're looking for though, especially staying in hongdae, great place to meet people and make the most of what Seoul has to offer! Shoutout to Gadi for being a cool guy!

Staff is nice