Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse

8.4
Fabulous 1242 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
13th Feb 2017

Excellent hostel for those travelling on a budget. Great area too.

• UpdownStart
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
10th Feb 2017

The perfect place to stay while in Seoul! Great Value and great people! Shout out to my boy John! Was super helpful during my stay. Thanks Kimchee!

• Turkey, Male, 25-30
9th Feb 2017

Eric is a very good host

• South Korea, Male, 31-40
8th Feb 2017

I made an urgent booking and arrived lately(over midnight). Fortunately and thankfully, a kind staff figured out my situation and helped me to stay safely and comfortably. Eric rules!!! I love this Kimchee hostel Sinchon cuz it has a nice basement. Many traveler can cook, chill out and hang out in the basement. Also very close to Hongdae area! So I made my visiting Seoul so great!

4th Feb 2017

Loved the location—easy to get to from the airport, close to the metro and lots of shops. Not the nicest, cleanest, or most happening place that I've ever stayed in, but definitely worth it for the price. However, not sure if I would stay here again.

• plourde_matt862
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
3rd Feb 2017

This is the place you come to in Seoul if you want to meet people. Lots of solo travellers come through here. I had to switch hostels to stay here and was totally worth it. I even extended my stay by 3 nights I had a hard time leaving. Dont expect much in terms of facilities and cleanliness though... You come here for the care free atmosphere, meeting lots of great people and to hang out in the common room.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
2nd Feb 2017

This hostel has a really convenient location that's close to the subway. It is a pretty basic set-up, but one that's reasonable for the low price. The cleanliness is acceptable, though sometimes the showers have bad smell, but fortunately I just went to a different floor to use a different shower. The staff is nice and helpful. Andrew really cared about if the guests are having a good time. Also John lent me an adapter, which was very much appreciated.

• South Korea, All Male Group, 18-24
2nd Feb 2017
4.6

This hostel was so cold. Even though we kept asking to turn on the heat but it seemed the heat never worked. The only thing we wanted for the staff was making our room warmer but till the end of the night, the room never heated. They just answered it is gonna be okay and did no action. The staff had no interest in listening to our complaint. The price was cheap, but if we knew the room was that cold, we might not book this room. Hope the staff here should listen to more on what guests said

• England, Female, 31-40
31st Jan 2017

Very helpful place and special mention to Eric who helped me when I checked in with everything, junior who helped me when I realised I didn't have the right adaptor and lent me his and john who helped me with getting to the bus station. Thank you so much and I felt very well looked after.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
30th Jan 2017

Super cool hostel, great staff (in particular: Morgan, Julian, John). Got a free upgrade to a private room which was sweet. Everyone here is friendly and awesome.