Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Staff and admin were pretty disorganized, but still very helpful. I would still recommend it! It's a lot of fun and really great atmosphere. :)

"sue" helped with the laundry, and "minsu" is fun to talk to as well. Can be difficult if they only knew Korean, but the staff also know English, Chinese, Japanese and I think I heard French somewhere. Good loc. 4 uni area. Even the other guest are friendly to talk to. Since this a hostel, DO NOT expect services like a hotel , you are going cheap, so some scarface has to be made. Also, don't let culture shock negatively affect your reviews for this place.

Had a nice stay in this hostel

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Finland

Staff is great and fun, since they are a lot of people going in and out, the toilet kind of reminds one of a public toilet, but that's ok. Definitely going to go there next time, thank you for the fun three nights!

Pro: The Hostel is very cheap and its located in a quite area Con: The worst was the staff - they didnt greet me at all and didnt give me any Information about the Hostel or Seoul... I know that this is a cheap budget place but a warm welcome would have made my experience at Kimchee way better. Security: Everyone can walk into the Hostel 24/7 without a key or code, I got a key for my room but it didnt work. When I checked out there was a girl complaining that someone stole her stuff...

I think it is a good place to stay if you go to Seoul. It is very easy to arrive from the airport, is very close to the underground, is located in the university area and it is fool of young people, places to eat and spend the day.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Spain

My room smelled and they didn't give me a secure place to store my luggage like they said they would. Everyone sleeps all day so you can't turn the lights on before 2. Only 1 shower that wasn't gross on the 2nd floor for women. 1 had spiders in it. Tbh I'll stay somewhere else next time

• 7th Aug 2014

nice hostel,thank you for helping me check the train information.

Very good, nice facility considering the price of the stay in Korea. Thank u Seo Yeon Koo(facility worker)

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • South Korea

This is a crowded hostel with many people moving in and out at all hours of the day. If you are looking for a busy/lively/crowded atmosphere, then this hostel is for you. Lockers are provided, though you must bring your own lock. Room keys are given, but the other travelers never locked the room. Location (adjacent to Sinchon and Hongdae) is perfect for nightlife. Cleanliness is a bit lacking, but all basic amenities are present. At their price point everything is as expected.

Great Staff and really cool people stayed at the place! Common Area is quite nice as well

Great staff, awesome common area and I especially love the free tea time every day. I stayed for 6 nights and would have stayed longer if I could. Great hostel.

I loved the time i spent at the hostel's common room- it was cozy and the staff helped create a friendly and comfortable vibe so people could talk with each other. (Thank you sue, hwan, moon, etc) The bunch of people who were there during my stay were very fun and energetic and i enjoyed going around hongdae with them, specially to experience the nightlife.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Philippines

I struggeled at the beginning but the guys from the reception took care of me Special thank you to Seoyeon

• 19th Jul 2014

I had booked two beds but needed to cancel one. Staff gladly allowed me to cancel without charging me for it. Very helpful in helping me safekeep my guitar. Friendly staff member even let me jam on his amp in the common area.

Kimchee guesthouse was one of the best hostels I stayed in during my trip. I even extended my stay because I loved it so much. The staff is very friendly and the common area is awesome!

Nice social place to stay, close to bar area, if you want to hang out on a true Seoul nights, stay here!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

This hostel is one of the best in Seoul by far. The rooms are spotless, staff is super friendly and helpful, and it is is a great location. Make sure you head up to the roof top for a sweet spot to drink or relax (great views too!)

I was very disappointed with kimchee hostel. In 2013 this place was really great, but 2014 - not anymore....my bed had bed-bugs so I couldn't sleep normally all 3 nights. Exhausting and sad...

I had a lovely stay. The people were all very friendly and helpful, and the facility was CLEAN and had an excellent wifi connection. Although, if you have a hateful relationship with stairs, you may want to steer clear.

« first « Prev 1 2 3