Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse

Fabulous 1250 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 1250 Total Reviews

14th Feb 2017

The staff are so incredibly kind and helpful, they made me feel so welcome and helped with everything. The rooms ate great too, so comfortable and clean. Thanks John.

• England, Male, 25-30
13th Feb 2017

Excellent hostel for those travelling on a budget. Great area too.

• England, Female, 25-30
12th Feb 2017

We booked two beds in a six bed female dorm and John at reception upgraded us to a private room for free! This was so nice of him and made our trip so much better because of the extra privacy/space! Thanks John! Location is in a trendy, young part of the city right by the university, about 10 mins from center of Seoul but subway makes it so easy to get around so we'd still recommend the location. Lots of bars/food options in the area. It's a basic space but cleaned v.frequently and v.friendly.

• England, Male, 18-24
12th Feb 2017

It's a good hostel but the toilets being on separate floors is really annoying. I have a baby sized bladder and I need to pee like twice a night, so this meant I had to don clothes, walk downstairs and pee twice a night.

• UpdownStart
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
10th Feb 2017

The perfect place to stay while in Seoul! Great Value and great people! Shout out to my boy John! Was super helpful during my stay. Thanks Kimchee!

• Turkey, Male, 25-30
9th Feb 2017

Eric is a very good host

8th Feb 2017

Great location. Super convenient to getting to all the major places. Lots of food nearby. Lots of busses nearby. The staff, especially John, was super friendly and helpful. I stayed in the girls dorm. It was clean and warm. Loved the heated floors. The bathrooms could get dirty during the morning rush but it's understandable given the amount of people. The showers were always clean. The price is unbeatable!

• South Korea, Male, 31-40
8th Feb 2017

I made an urgent booking and arrived lately(over midnight). Fortunately and thankfully, a kind staff figured out my situation and helped me to stay safely and comfortably. Eric rules!!! I love this Kimchee hostel Sinchon cuz it has a nice basement. Many traveler can cook, chill out and hang out in the basement. Also very close to Hongdae area! So I made my visiting Seoul so great!

4th Feb 2017

Loved the location—easy to get to from the airport, close to the metro and lots of shops. Not the nicest, cleanest, or most happening place that I've ever stayed in, but definitely worth it for the price. However, not sure if I would stay here again.

• plourde_matt862
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
3rd Feb 2017

This is the place you come to in Seoul if you want to meet people. Lots of solo travellers come through here. I had to switch hostels to stay here and was totally worth it. I even extended my stay by 3 nights I had a hard time leaving. Dont expect much in terms of facilities and cleanliness though... You come here for the care free atmosphere, meeting lots of great people and to hang out in the common room.