Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Great hostel. This is my second time here. Will be back.

The launge is awesome and clean. lots of multi national staff always help people Espacily they arrange party at night easy to meet people and make firends next i will stay again Thanks

Easy to get to from the subway and a great base for pretty much anything you could want to do that side of Seoul. Not a lot of ventilation in the building - dorm room especially had a dank, sweaty smell that just wouldn't go away. Basement was a nice setup, although I question the location of the smoking room. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would stay again if I needed to be in and around Hongdae for a couple of days.

I stayed here for eight nights and I actually ended up extending my stay! I orginally booked an eight person dorm and I ended up in a 4 person! The rooms aren't exactly the cleanest. The attention to detail needs to improve! The windows needs to be cleaned, and the vacuuming needs to be done behind & under the beds. Some rooms have a bad odor and definitely need air freshers! Overall this hostel is very social and there is a full kitchen. The night staff is awesome! Thank you Miki!

• 14th Aug 2015

One of the staff in the hostel would not listen to what you try to tell him (or does not understand well spoken English), instead says million unnecessary words, allows himself some weird remarks, overall was not polite. I heard how he was asking another guest whether he was racist (which, I am sorry, is very disrespectful). I will not stay in this hostel ever again just because of this staff member.

This hostel has a great location in hongdae and it is located 3 mins walk from Hongik University station. There are plenty of Korean bbq restaurants and many other restaurants options nearby. The facilities are great and the staff are very helpful and friendly. I will definitely stay here again next time I visit Seoul

Good value, great location next to hongdae, great atmosphere : I highly recommend the place

Stayed here one night. I wish I could remember the name of the girl at the desk but I know she is from Australia. she is so nice and helpful and speaks like 7 languages. Anyway, facilities were great and their common room, the lobby I guess, is huge. I liked the one night I stayed here.

The seat cushions on the couches need to washed.

• 20th Jul 2015

The location is perfect!!!!!!!!!!very convenient to Metro and anywhere you want!!!!!!Really like it!The staff are all good!!! The Tat he is very helpful and really nice. Had very nice stay there!!!

this is a backpackers hostel in Hongdae . Staffs were great!

• 17th Jul 2015

An excellent hostel that was great value for money

Staff was great so was the location. Excellent directions too so it was really easy to find.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

한국 나올때마다 지내던 호스텔이 있었는데 여기로 변경하고 싶을 정도로 위치도 좋고 직원분들도 너무 친절해요 늦게 체크인했는데 친절히 설명하고 안내해주신 마틴님 감사해용!

Good hostal, if you want to be in the good area to go to parties , this is perfect. The staff is very kind, you can ask to Marcus to teach you a little bite english or to bring you to the best bars in the zone. Metro stop is not far away and they have a very great room to chill out with every body

One of the assistants, D.K., who accommodated us was very helpful. The fellow guests there were also very friendly. The local Korean restaurant advertised by the Hostel (with a discount for the morning time) is providing generous and delicious food. (Actually we had 3 morning meals there!)

The staff has always been very helpful to find the good places to go to. Special thanks to Miki for that ;) Apart from that, the atmosphere is excellent, people are friendly and always up for random talks

Great place for backpackers/travelers. D.K. and Martin were helpful with information on where to go and how to get there. They were extremely accommodating with the large group I was traveling with. Location is pretty good with places to eat close by and very close to the AREX train station.

Spent 3 nights there. I was put in a 4 beds room instead of 8 without me asking for that and without paying more and was in return asked to give a good review for the guesthouse ... I don't really appreciate that... For 10.000 W it is very cheap but for that price you don't have the breakfast (even with more expensive rooms) Thus, I would recommend to take a look at the other guesthouses around where you will probably pay a little bit more (not that much, and with better services)

Staff does not seem to be very interested in their guests. Furthermore, everybody could walk in and out of the building, this didn't help me feeling safe here (although Korea is a very safe country to be in). Atmosphere due the size (a lot of rooms) was not that good, although the common room downstairs create a lot of opportunities to meet other travelers. Because of the price and the location, I could recommend this place. If you want something special: keep on looking, there is ample choice!

« first « Prev 1 2 3