Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

clean showers and toilets

I spent two weeks in this Hostel. Kimchee Gueshouse's staff is so awesome!! Atmosphere is fantastic, location near hongdae & Sinchon: perfect places to go out ! Thanks for the staff and to my ukulele buddy Jun Yong Park

• 29th Apr 2015

Pros: Helpful staff, good location, and cheap price Cons: Room was messy. Toilet is old and not clean. The common area is in the basement which is quite messy and lack of light

One of the most friendly, fun, engaging hostel I have ever been to! I did most of the touring in the day time and spent only 3 nights at the hostel, however the staff members (special shout out to Tracey!!!) made it really welcoming!! Will pass on this location to all of my fellow canadian travelers!! Keep up the great work!

• 23rd Apr 2015

Kimchee staff are helpful! I especially love the common area and location of this guesthouse. Thanks for giving me nice memories in Seoul.

Good value for the money. Staff weren't the friendliest, cared more about a good review than saying hi to guests. Hostel is clean and good facilities though.

Everything was awesome - facilities, location, etc. The only problem was that a couple of the staff did not know the answer to my questions, and just said they would let me know in a few hours when the manager came (generally at the hostels I've been, staff either Google or make some calls if they don't know something) - but otherwise great!!

The hostel is pretty cool in general. It is very well situated, there's a comfy common room with kitchen and the rooms + bathroom are clean. However the staff isnt nice. To give an example, I asked one of the staff member to help me to order food (they offer this service). He said yes, we talked for a few second and then we said "oh wait, it's 11h29, I can't order for you, we're closing". Okay cool, thanks for the help. They obviously don't care about the customers but the online reviews.

• 17th Apr 2015

The staff was great and helpful.

It was a good experience, everything was clean and the downstairs lounge was a nice place to meet other people.

• 12th Apr 2015

Price was reasonable, and staffs were very friendly and helpful. Also the location was perfect. It was 10 minutes of walking to both Shinchon and Hongdae, and a bus stop was right next to it.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Pretty average hostel overall, place seriously needs to be cleaned better...was a used band-aid beside my bed, musty smell in dorm and horrible smell from bathroom..Given that there seems to a dozen 'volunteers' working there this shouldn't be happening

Everything here was unfortunately just average. There were some staffers that were living in the dorm room I was staying in that didn't ever lock the door, or respect the late night quiet hours. Amateur level at best.

I extended my stay here many times (waiting for a plane) because the hostel is clean, good location (close subway and shop) and some of staff is really nice BUT some of the other part of the staff is really annoying (looks like that the customers disturb us), I was in a dorm with some people of the staff, they came back at 5am in the morning, turned on the light and spoke and when you asked to be quiet, they are unhappy. Just one example. Common area on the basement is great.

The hostel was great for the price. I stayed in a 8 bed dorm and it didn't feel super cramped. The bathrooms need some work though, the ceilings were leaking and not just from condensation from showers, paint was peeling, door locks were not attached properly. But that said, it wasn't horrible. It was a bit grungy and needs a deep cleaning. The noise travels well here so it can be a bit loud. Bed were fine, staff were awesome, and the common room was nice. The hostels dog was awesome!

• 3rd Apr 2015

We had a fun stay at the hostel. We had a room on the fifth floor and the friendly reception guy minook helped us carry up our suitcases which saved us :) thx for that. Also great location

• 31st Mar 2015

Just spent the last week at Kimchee and would like to thank the staff for making me feel at home and being super friendly. And thank you Mia for showing me around and being so much fun!! Thanks Kimchee!

• 25th Mar 2015

I stayed in 4 people mixed room cause i need a quite place to sleep, I found that actually I am the noisy one cause I come back to the hostel so late every night,sorry my roommates^^ And my roommates are Chinese too(oh god Chinese are really everywhere kkk) .The last day my roommates comeback to China and luckily nobody move in this room so I rule the whole room : ) LOL everything is just fine and staff can speak influent English which is helpful.

I though it close to Hongik university station, so I can go anywhere form here. One reason is it is the same line with airport railway. if you have early fight, you won't miss the fight. lastly, it close to shopping street and restaurants. It's a nice location.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Thailand

We were a school team going to Seoul for WorldMUN, there're a lot of us and we probably caused a few troubles during our stay... But we met tons of great friends there! The location of Kimchee is great, metro station Hankuk Uni is pretty close, 3~4min on foot, and the whole shopping district and small restaurants is literally a cross the road! Staffs were nice and helpful, Martin and the two Hungarian sisters were AWESOME! If you like meeting new friends, this' the place for you!

« first « Prev 1 2 3