Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Great Staff and really cool people stayed at the place! Common Area is quite nice as well

I had booked two beds but needed to cancel one. Staff gladly allowed me to cancel without charging me for it. Very helpful in helping me safekeep my guitar. Friendly staff member even let me jam on his amp in the common area.

Nice social place to stay, close to bar area, if you want to hang out on a true Seoul nights, stay here!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

This hostel is one of the best in Seoul by far. The rooms are spotless, staff is super friendly and helpful, and it is is a great location. Make sure you head up to the roof top for a sweet spot to drink or relax (great views too!)

I was very disappointed with kimchee hostel. In 2013 this place was really great, but 2014 - not anymore....my bed had bed-bugs so I couldn't sleep normally all 3 nights. Exhausting and sad...

I had a lovely stay. The people were all very friendly and helpful, and the facility was CLEAN and had an excellent wifi connection. Although, if you have a hateful relationship with stairs, you may want to steer clear.

it was ok

This guesthoust is very good and comfortable.Seoyeon is a staff there she is very nice,kind and helpfull But I think the bathroom aren't clean enough, except that everything is excellent.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

Seo-yeon (Swan) was a great staff member. She helped me get a passport photo and called a cab for me for a three a.m. departure. The facilities are in great and clean conditions. Overall great experience. Definitely will be going back.

• 30th Jun 2014

Seo-yeon staff who is the most beautiful woman in the hostel was so kind. I wanna see her again..

I just had chance to stay in Kimchee Guesthouse for 2 days but had a really good time there, the staff is really nice and helpful specially Seo-yeon is so kind and smily. Dont forget to go to the basement and enjoy the atmosphere there playing darts and drinking Soju. The rooms are clean and have a really good value for money. Really had a great time there and hope to be able to come back.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Spain

The hostel is big but it has good facilities on each floor and a nice common room in the basement. It is also good to reach from the airport ralway which can be used to go to the main station. The guesthouse is clarly a value/price recommendation.

I've been there for 2 nights but I will go back cause is nice place, friendly staff and helpful, martin the best.. I reccomend this hostel cause is easy to find from the airport and have the train right close to...

Really liked this one - a lot of Korean locals hanging out there. Very convenient to AREX .

I had a very pleasant stay, although the "quiet after 10 pm" sign is not respected whatsoever - but what can you expect if you stay in a six bed dorm? The location is awesome, access to kitchen/TV room/computer was awesome, and bathrooms were ok. If you want to stay somewhere with a relaxed atmosphere, this is the place.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

5 min walk from subway station, easy to find. Great atmosphere, lots of people around. Staff was friendly and spoke good English, ask for SUE if any problems. Could be cleaner though, wished there could have a cover for the quilt. No restaurant inside the hostel. Could be noisy at night, bring earplugs. Overall, perfect value for money !

The location of this place was great! We stayed right in between Sinchon and Hongdae, which takes about 15-20mins to walk. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, especially Swan. It's a great place to stay, especially if you're a backpacker. My friend and I met tons of people every night and it was easy to grab drinks nearby. Super convenient, cause it's less than a 5min walk to a train station with everything else nearby, such as connivence stores, restaurants, ect.

nice staff

I had a reservation already. But on the third night, they asked me to move to another room??? What happened to my reservation? They seem to be confused with the room bookings. The first room I had was warm and had mosquitoes. Very uncomfortable. Not that tidy, too. It's close to the train station, that's just it.

laid back atmosphere with great staff

• 16th May 2014