Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

With exception of the Italian girl, all the crew are very unpolide, not have manners at all, the way they clean is awful that is not clean at all, my room smelt very disgusting since me an my friends arrive and they don't do anything about it, the commun area is more like one bar for people with not money at all to pay a real bar, is very annoying they (most of them the crew of the place) are listening music at loud even if you don't like.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Mexico

There was a bad smell in the hostel of sewage and damp. Not the most pleasant welcome. The room was nice and toasty with the ondol heating on all night which was lovely during the very cold weekend we stayed. The decor of the room was a little shabby and could do with an update. The common area in the basement is very nice with evening activities like calligraphy. The front door is left open all night for anyone to come in and reception closes at 11:30pm which I didn't like.

Fair place for what you pay, although the bathroom facilities left me a bit uncomfortable. Nice basement lounge though.

Wifi was great. Towel service was great. If you use the map, it is easy to find the place. The guy who works in the evening was quite helpful for carrying my extra heavy bag up to the dorm for me. Atmosphere in the Lounge is quite fun, easy to meet new people and have a interesting conversation. Overall was good.

• 27th Jan 2016

DK and the team were happy to help when I had a problem (that had nothing to do with them!). Thanks for a great stay

• 26th Jan 2016

Great staff and a clean place. But if you are much taller than 6 feet, the beds might be slightly uncomfortable for you.

Such a fun hostel, great staff and location. Will be back

• 14th Jan 2016

I was nice. Although the door wasn't very secure.

• 6th Jan 2016

I LOVED my stay at Kimchee!! The hostel itself was great (could have used an elevator, but I'm just lazy), the staff were lovely, and all the small activities of a night made it easy to meet new people, making the trip a million times better.

The staff were really really nice, especially Jessica who helped ensure that I will be able to take back my glasses that I left behind when i return to Korea next month!!

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Singapore

“Location is just perfect, check out at 10.30 is a setback considering you'll be in nightlife spot of seoul”

Nice hostel with good location bcz near station and easy to go around seoul. But one thing that unconfortable is the toilet sometimes very dirty. Maybe it is because some guess didnt read the announcement to not throw the tissue to toilet.

• 24th Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

DK was a big help at the Kimchee Guesthouse and it's a little hidden, but overall good locale close by to many bars, shops, and restaurants. Would visit again, it's an excellent deal.

Great place, good location a short walk from tons of vendors restaurants, and wonderful service. T.K.(if I remember is name correctly) was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Booked for another night next month.

Good location near heaps of great food choices. Hostel was warm even though it was freezing outside. Not the cleanest hostel, kitchen was always filthy and bathrooms weren't much better. Good prices for Seoul but don't know if we'd stay again.

The location is good, because it's only 10min to walk from the main area. I had the impression it wasn't that social, but I had friends staying in Seoul as well, therefore it was fine for me. But people at my room didn't care at all about others and were really loud late at night and early in the morning when they started to pack their stuff at 7 o'clock. The hostel is really cheap, so you get what you pay for. Floors always only have a bathroom either for boys or girls, not both genders.

I arrived a bit early, and the staff greeted me warmly and invited me into the main room. They were chatting with some other guests and included me in their conversation--I think even the shyest of guests would feel welcomed here. Even the other guests I encountered were warm and friendly. I was just here to crash for a night on my way to the airport the next day, so the guest house was a great option. The bed was really comfortable and I got a great night's sleep! I stored my luggage for t

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

Third time here, great location with restaurants near by, and subway. Clean and the amazing people

• 14th Dec 2015

Although the check in time was 3pm, we were given our room way early at 1130am from a staff named Jessy. She was so welcoming and understood that we came from a long and early flight. Thank you so much for that and making our stay in Korea awesome!

• 13th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

Friendly staff and nice neighborhood

• 10th Dec 2015