Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Great atmosphere, full kitchen and food storage, removed enough from the road to be quiet but convenient to a nice neighborhood. Free market on Saturdays in Hongik Park. Would definitely stay here again when I'm back in Seoul. I'm vegetarian with some food allergies and the staff was nice enough to write a note I could show when ordering food; worked like a charm. They also do working accommodations if you're looking to stay for awhile. Thanks again!

Good hostel near the university area with lots to do. Sue and Simon went well out of their way to get through to someone at an airline who could speak English to help me book a last minute flight. The staff here are incredibly helpful and kind. I would definitely go back.

It's located in a good place and convenient. I felt comfortable here. The staffs are friendly and kind :) I wouldnt mind staying here again if i ever come back.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

The staff are really nice and friendly, even i had changed my room twice. The staff are talkative and helpful, and the location is excellent.

It was BEST hostel in seoul I've ever had. If you choose here for travel in seoul, you won't regret.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

The place was really nice and clean. Offering adapters at the hostel was a good idea. The directions to the hostel was really easy to understand.

• 25th Mar 2014

I think it's most enjoyable hostel in Seoul! I met there good staffs and Marcus from Sweden and Minook from Korea! Marcus,Minook and I drink at the basement and we had a good time there! I wanna back again!

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Japan

Perfect location to get around!

• 10th Mar 2014

Great hostel in a great location. The accommodation was wonderful and the lounge area was very comfortable and spacious. However, the heat at night was a little excessive for what the weather was like outside. Also, be careful of what you leave on the floor overnight during the winter (ondol floor heating)

Excellent hostel with great facilities and super friendly staff. Staff cleaned the rooms and entire hostel everyday, which was very good. The common area had a smoking room which was very convenient. Towels could be rented. The facilities to wash your clothes were cheap and of good quality. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone, particularly if you want a great location and a decent price!

• 27th Feb 2014

I've been at Kimchee hostel for three nights. All I needed was a bed and a hot shower. I am satisfied with what I got. I've met really nice people there and that is the most important for me.

average at sec, cuz the door was not able to lock with a key.but inside the room(i was in a 4 bed)was a locker box for every bed. the stuff was very helpfull. he was calling at late to a restaurant nearby(they where closing, cuz i arrived near 9 pm) and he managed that i was getting a vegetarian(cuz i'm veg and dont speak korean)traditional korean meal after 9 at a streetkitchen. great! about the location i dont know, cuz i was in transit for 1 night and saw to less from soul. but easy to find!

• 24th Feb 2014

Very nice hostel! I would absolutely recommend it for the atmosphere alone. The staff was nice and helpful, and I didn't have any problems. I would stay here again!

• 22nd Feb 2014

I found the staff to be unhelpful. I did not receive my key deposit when checking out as the staff went missing during the designated check out time but left a box so you can drop off your key without collecting the deposit. I waited for 35 minutes but eventually had to leave. Also the heating is unbearable. When I put my bear foot on the floor it actually hurt and there is no way to turn down the heating. I have stayed in other hostels in Seoul which are much much better than this.

The rooms and bathroom facilities are really clean, all mattress looks fairly new as well. Staff were really helpful when I asked for directions. There are free medium sized lockers, might be hard for big sized backpack to fit it, and you'll need a lock or purchase one at the counter. Overall a very nice place compare to most hostels/guesthouses I've stayed at for that price, great value for the money.

• 20th Feb 2014

The staff were very nice and I always saw them helping people out. It's a short 5-10 minute walk from Hongdae, which is perfect. No need for a cab and no need to worry about the last subway, if you're out partying. The bathrooms were clean and the actual dorms were nice, too, although incredibly hot with the heater on. My only problem was how loud it was at night. There should really be quiet hours because I kept getting woken up by loud and obnoxious people in the halls at 2-3 am.

• 18th Feb 2014

The stay is quite good. It is close to the metro station. The staffs can speak good english and the manager is friendly. She helps me book ticket of the Everland and remind me many important things. Thank you so much! The rooms allow people to wear shoes in room. The floor is not that clean to sit on. And the floor warming system is too hot. There were 2 Europeans and 2 Asians and we all wear short sleeves in room! One more thing, the luggage room is not locked always. Please improve this^^

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great rooms Very friendly Common area with TV, computors, sofa, kitchen. Clean Good location (Near Hondae) Staff are great Chan especially will bend over backwards to help you. So friendly and always has time for the guests.

• 11th Feb 2014

It was super cheap for the bed I used! Totally worth the money.

• 21st Jan 2014

The hostel was better than any other hostel I've been to.