Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

The first check, value for money! Because the staff here is very good, very helpful! Especially Sumin, told me a lot of useful information, and let me in Seoul the successful completion of the journey! Very good! The next time you will come!

• 29th Sep 2014
  • China

the 8 ppl room smelled bad - there were mostly stinky men in there with us and there is no AC - only ventilation system that is only occasionally on which sucks..there's no breakfast, some other places offer free toast&jam breakfast for the same price. wifi worked ok,laundry is cheap on sundays.

Very bad welcome at the reception, hostel staff wants the client read a list of rules even before saying hello, then they have no free private box like in every normal youth hostel (they do not rent locker, they sell them, that is all), rooms are dirty and smelly, air conditioning does not work, they were not present when I check out early so I lost my deposit. Staff is not nice, does not recommend any good place to visit or do not make any effort explain touristic itinerary.

• 26th Sep 2014

The hostel is located near Hongik University - great place to hang out,drink,shop,bbq,walk around :) 8 person dorm is good, although it can get a bit noisy if you get annoying neighbors that snore/come late at night.The basement common area is nice.Laundry is good, on Sundays its only 1000!Wifi was good.They dont provide breakfast, only filtered water which was great. All in all, would come back!

While a bit of an industrial – style party hostel, Kimchee is a good value in Seoul. The bathrooms are large and clean, there’s a large game room and an adequate kitchen, the staff is friendly and helpful, and it’s an easy metro ride from the airport. Security is lacking outside of security cameras (like most Korean hostels) but they have lockers if you bring a lock. No one in my dorm room went to sleep before 3am (and I was there on Mon and Tues) so join the party or be a deep sleeper :-)

The atmosphere is excellent, the showers are hot with great pressure, there is a kitchen you can use for meals and the price is very good for the location. There are also multiple ways to make your stay cheaper from discounts for blogging, darts challenges and the option to work for your stay. Good hostel experience.

Seoyeon is super kind and beautiful

The rooms were way too hot at night and the pillow is made for a 3 year old. Besides that, I liked that it had a common room. Kind of pricey for no breakfast / non peak weekend / etc.

The majority of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The common room was a good spot to hangout and meet other travellers. The dart board was a lot of fun. It was a good way to interact with strangers.

Kimchee is a great deal for travelers in Seoul. It is regularly the cheapest place to stay, but at the same time has very great facilities and staff. The staff is very helpful, especially Martin, who always is very friendly and willing to give you a hand when you need it. The common room is normally filled with people from all over the world. You are about a 8 minute walk from Exit 9 of Hongdae so it's really close to the action, but a lot more quiet since it's not right in the center of Hongdae

Very good for the $11 or so per night I paid. Located around the university area so plenty of places to eat and hang-out near by. Not overly social as most guests were either long-term staff members or university students.

Staff and admin were pretty disorganized, but still very helpful. I would still recommend it! It's a lot of fun and really great atmosphere. :)

"sue" helped with the laundry, and "minsu" is fun to talk to as well. Can be difficult if they only knew Korean, but the staff also know English, Chinese, Japanese and I think I heard French somewhere. Good loc. 4 uni area. Even the other guest are friendly to talk to. Since this a hostel, DO NOT expect services like a hotel , you are going cheap, so some scarface has to be made. Also, don't let culture shock negatively affect your reviews for this place.

Had a nice stay in this hostel

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Finland

Staff is great and fun, since they are a lot of people going in and out, the toilet kind of reminds one of a public toilet, but that's ok. Definitely going to go there next time, thank you for the fun three nights!

Pro: The Hostel is very cheap and its located in a quite area Con: The worst was the staff - they didnt greet me at all and didnt give me any Information about the Hostel or Seoul... I know that this is a cheap budget place but a warm welcome would have made my experience at Kimchee way better. Security: Everyone can walk into the Hostel 24/7 without a key or code, I got a key for my room but it didnt work. When I checked out there was a girl complaining that someone stole her stuff...

I think it is a good place to stay if you go to Seoul. It is very easy to arrive from the airport, is very close to the underground, is located in the university area and it is fool of young people, places to eat and spend the day.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Spain

My room smelled and they didn't give me a secure place to store my luggage like they said they would. Everyone sleeps all day so you can't turn the lights on before 2. Only 1 shower that wasn't gross on the 2nd floor for women. 1 had spiders in it. Tbh I'll stay somewhere else next time

• 7th Aug 2014

nice hostel,thank you for helping me check the train information.

Very good, nice facility considering the price of the stay in Korea. Thank u Seo Yeon Koo(facility worker)

• 3rd Aug 2014