Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

In a superb location, right in between the frenetic nightlife of Hongdae and the more locally-orientated (some say better) area of Sinchon (actually pronounced 'Shinchon'), this hostel is surprisingly large with at least five floors of rooms and that's not even including the cavernous basement! Staff are friendly, all the rooms are cleaned daily, the lockers are sizeable and they have a discount deal with the restaurant nearby (go, it is amazing). First choice when I come back to Seoul.

It's really affordable but still one of the best hostels I've stayed at during my travels. It's not a Hostel thats unique or anything but the facilites are good (the kitchen is just very basic, but seriously I never used it because Korean food is really good and restaurants are cheap in Seoul), it's close to everything you need, the staff is really nice (DK and Martin!!). It's a good homebase to explore Seoul and meet some like minded fellows :D

Each time we go to Seoul we stay here, and it has kind of become our home base. As far as hostels in Korea goes, it is a good value and has a good atmosphere. It is also well-located, and has great deals every once in a while! It is one of our favorite hostels in Korea for sure! Check out my website for a list of unique things to do in Seoul: http://www.twowanderingsoles.com/blog/8-unique-and-fun-things-to-do-in-seoul

Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse has been the nicest hostel I have ever visited. The best thing is probably the common room basement, where everybody gets together and you'll never get bored. The staff is young and energetic, they love to take you clubbing or show you around town. Even after they're done working! This way I found a new friend in Marcus who was my personal guide during the week!

• 9th Jun 2015

The location is great, central to Hongdae and nightlife. Dorms are tiny, dark and dirty. The basement is a great hangout space, but could use some cleaning too. The staff was helpful.

They were very friendly. It's so close to the train station and one of my favorite places in Seoul, Hong Dae.

I had a great time at this Hostel. Really appreciated all the help I got from Martin and Taki including booking tours. Very clean Hostel, great common area, inexpensive laundry (around $4 USD for wash and dry). They offer food delivery of a bunch of different things rights to the hostel. Restaurants, bakeries, bars, grocery stores and 24 hour convenience stores are all within about a 5 minute walk. Enjoyed the social scene, met some amazing people from all over the world. Would stay again!

스태프방에 머물러서 그런지는 모르겠지만 올때마다 청소가 하나도 되어있지 않았고 일단 왜 스태프들과 한 방을 썼는지도 모르겠습니다. 방문도 잠기는 시스템인지는 모르겠으나 올때마다 잠겨있지 않았고 햇빛이 들어오지 않습니다. 또한 같은 방을 쓰는 스태프의 불미스런 일로 잠들어야 할 새벽에 잠들지 못하고 뒤척였습니다. 이에 대한 대응은 즉각적이였으나 저희가 느끼기엔 그에 대한 응당한 사과는 없었다고 봅니다. 2층의 샤워실도 막혀 샤워를 하는 도중 나와야만 했습니다. 그러나 나머지 스태프들은 친절했고 먼저 도와주려는 모습이 보여 아주 좋았습니다. 한쪽 벽면 전체의 콘센트가 되지 않아 불편함을 건의하자 그 날 저녁 바로 고쳐주어 그 점도 좋았습니다.

• 23rd May 2015
  • South Korea

The hostel was okay for what you paid. The rooms were nice but the bathrooms could of been better. It was a nice location, not to far from the subway and from places to eat.

The direction from confirmation email is easy to find hostel but if I walk from the exit 4 of hongdae station,I have to walk so far and have to climb up a small hill with my big suitcase,it's so tired. Finally I found the exit 7 ,which is nearest. So i think u guys should update the new direction to hostel. The staffs are helpful and friendly. I stayed in the single bedroom, there's a small window, but that's enough,i have to close it and turn on a heater fan at night,coz it's cold outside

• 15th May 2015
  • Thailand

clean showers and toilets

I spent two weeks in this Hostel. Kimchee Gueshouse's staff is so awesome!! Atmosphere is fantastic, location near hongdae & Sinchon: perfect places to go out ! Thanks for the staff and to my ukulele buddy Jun Yong Park

• 29th Apr 2015

Pros: Helpful staff, good location, and cheap price Cons: Room was messy. Toilet is old and not clean. The common area is in the basement which is quite messy and lack of light

One of the most friendly, fun, engaging hostel I have ever been to! I did most of the touring in the day time and spent only 3 nights at the hostel, however the staff members (special shout out to Tracey!!!) made it really welcoming!! Will pass on this location to all of my fellow canadian travelers!! Keep up the great work!

• 23rd Apr 2015

Kimchee staff are helpful! I especially love the common area and location of this guesthouse. Thanks for giving me nice memories in Seoul.

Good value for the money. Staff weren't the friendliest, cared more about a good review than saying hi to guests. Hostel is clean and good facilities though.

Everything was awesome - facilities, location, etc. The only problem was that a couple of the staff did not know the answer to my questions, and just said they would let me know in a few hours when the manager came (generally at the hostels I've been, staff either Google or make some calls if they don't know something) - but otherwise great!!

The hostel is pretty cool in general. It is very well situated, there's a comfy common room with kitchen and the rooms + bathroom are clean. However the staff isnt nice. To give an example, I asked one of the staff member to help me to order food (they offer this service). He said yes, we talked for a few second and then we said "oh wait, it's 11h29, I can't order for you, we're closing". Okay cool, thanks for the help. They obviously don't care about the customers but the online reviews.

• 17th Apr 2015

The staff was great and helpful.

It was a good experience, everything was clean and the downstairs lounge was a nice place to meet other people.

• 12th Apr 2015