Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Very good Accomodation for a very cheap price.

It was very cheap, so you get what you paid for. No thrills, but I had a hot shower and a good bed. The staff were very nice, but their local knowledge was limited I thought. No maps available when I was there so I was lost until I found a tourist information which took a long time.

Although this guesthouse is close to buzzing Hongdae, it is much too big (approximately 5 levels) to make it feel homely, or to meet people, as people just come and go. The staff were very nice, however, they were not attentive to whether a deposit had been paid online, and thus charged me extra, before I had to remind them to check their system. The male bathrooms were are bit grotty, but I guess it is normal for such a large guesthose. My mate and I were glad to leave after 1 night.

Overall a nice place to stay with a large common area. Location is very good I think (but in Seoul it depends a bit on what you are looking for).

Great Hostel! I can really recommend it!

Nice place to stay if you're travelling solo! Staff are nice and they hang out at the common room and help travellers to met each other. It is close to the metro station (easy to hit from any airport) and close to a really lively and nice hanging out area (Hongdae). Showers and bathrooms are separated for boys and girls, they have free gel and shampoo and it's clean enough. Pity they cancel the tours they offered.

only one negative I can have about this hostel is men's bathroom is on 1st and 4th floor, and you have to go down or upstair to use bathroom. I gave this hostel 100 percent rate because of excellent staff, nice hostel and really good heated room. The staff joined me to go to westerner restaurant for my birthday. Awesome time!

I'm sure my stay would have been much better if I hadn't been on the first floor. I was unable to sleep due to the noise from the front desk. While this hostel is nonsmoking, people were smoking right outside the windows. The staff was mostly helpful, and they were very nice. The directions to the hostel were excellent, and it's very close to the subway.

• 1st Nov 2013

The place is easy to find as the directions given is clear. The hostel's heating system is good and the single bathroom has a dry and wet area which I appreciate. However, it can get noisy at night though I do not mind. Wifi is also good!

Staffs are Great!

Nice place to stay just a short walk outside of the hectic part of Hongdae. Staff are always willing to help even after hours.

1 2 Next » last »