Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

I've stayed at Kimchee a few times now, and it is a good place for cheap/basic accommodation. It is well-located and has a nice common area in the basement. The staff aren't overly friendly and the bathrooms are often dirty (with backed up toilets), but it's a good place to crash for the weekend. See more information about my time at Kimchee and in Seoul on my blog: http://www.twowanderingsoles.com/blog/seoul-christmas-markets-craft-beer-korea

Getting to the hostel was simple and the directions easy and clear to follow. The guy that helped me out, Minsook, was top notch. He got me anything I asked for and gave me specific information to get around. Thanks brother.

good clean nice people shd be more rubbish bin and tables to put stuff intoilets

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

Location is really good, located in a quiet neighborhood yet closed to Hongdae station. Bed is clean, only that the bathroom is a bit old but still okay to use. Anyway, it's a perfect place if you are just looking for a convenient place to sleep and shower. The staffs are helpful and speak good English.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

Staff were amazing!! Especially Minook! So friendly and helpful! The common room was nice and it is amazing that you can order food in from resturants if you don't want to go out! Also, very clean and well kept.

Really enjoyed my stay - staff member Tat was especially welcoming. Made me dinner one night and enjoyed lots of conversation. Would recommened and stay again.

This hostel is a good place to stay based on location but its a little dingy, mostly just the bathrooms and showering facilities, but its also a very good price so you take the good with the bad.

i had such a great time here ^^

What a warm and welcoming community there is at Kimchee!There are many different cuisines to eat nearby. Oh if you are vegan,there is a WONDERFUL vegan restaurant/cafe a few subway rides away in Itaewon,called PLANT.Go there, if you're vegan or not!The cakes are supreme.Kimchee Guesthouse had the best staff member I have ever met at a hostel,ever.I have traveled to many countries and this girl is a very engaging and helpful person.Her name is Maud.Best hostel staff member in the world.

Airport lost my bag but hostel was very accomodating and helped me out a lot! Thanks :D

My stay at Kimchee Guesthouse was so delightful. I had a wonderful time there coming up to the Christmas season. The staff were most welcoming. One staff member from Holland, Maud, in particular, was always so fun and friendly! She was always there to help with tourist information and great places to eat! I wish there were more staff members like Maud at Kimchee. Be sure to meet her when you go to Kimchee Guesthouse! She will always put a smile on your face!

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Hostel is cleaned everyday quite thoroughly, you can even volunteer to clean and stay the night at a discounted rate/free! There is CCTV and each room has lockers. Padlock, adapter, towel can be rented. There is a cozy common room in the basement, which has a kitchen attached so you can make your own food, however the hostel offers to order in for you too at reasonable rates. My group enjoyed staying at Kimchee, and would definitely recommend!

Great location, good vibe, helpful staff. Would recommend!

Very cheap. There was only one female bathroom/shower for each 2 floors, and one of the showers didn't even lock. The floor I stayed on smelt like curdled vomit. The rooms were pretty cramped and there were only 1 or 2 power points for the entire dorm.

The atmosphere were excellent. However the toilet are frequently stuffed, not to the fault of the staff though. The only complaint I have is the guesthouse's inflexible policy. Accidently book an extra night which cannot be refunded despite reporting it on the day I have checked in. Was greatly disappointed on that. But other than that, everything was awesome!! Really enjoyed my stay.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Singapore

I really enjoy my stay at the kimchee sincheon guesthouse :) it was incredible over there, the area is really nice and safe !!! Thanks to all the staff there Erico, Mijin, Maud and Everybody thanks a lot for everything see you guys next time ;) !!!!!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Awesome experience hostel to meet people! Special thanks to maud who made my stay awesome!

Stayed 2 nights in a deluxe twin private. Small room with single bunk beds and two lockers (need your own lock). Relatively clean, squashed mosquitoes all over the walls. Shared washrooms (gender specific) were adequate, clean and up to date. Location was okay, but we wanted to be closer to central Hongdae (it's about 10 min walk). They had free SIM cards available and room discounts for linking their website to your blog which was pretty cool. Overall good facilities and a fine place to stay.

Tracy the massage therapist was so wonderful and helpful!!!! She helped me relax after much muscle pain and made me feel at home in the hostel.

really nice atmosphere, meet alot new friends here