Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

A few weaknesses this hostel should look into- there are wooden lockers in the room of each dorm bed but since those are not marked clearly which one goes along with which bed, if some other guest have taken the one that is supposed to be meant for a bed, I had to use an empty one at the far side, which I nearly have no use to. Also, I would expect that the upper bed would equally have access to a close power plug, but here only the lower bed gets it. How would I be able to charge my phone?

• 19th Feb 2015

Nice hostel, very social. Epic staff, especially Maud. She'll rock your world. Plus she's the go to person for any and everything you need! I'll be back! Xx

Close to the trendy hongdae and the nice place for coffee and restaurants at sinchon, it is perfectly well located and the hostel is warm, the common area really cool and people like Maud can help you out to find out the best vegan places or whatever you need!

This hostel is pretty whatever. Nothing great, the beds are narrow, there's a weird party room in the basement but it's a bit much if you're over 24.

Customer Service here is definitely very poor. I stayed here for one night and had read the rules of the place as soon as booked it, specially the one that states that the reception is open from 9 a.m.-11.30 p.m. I arrived there at 6:40 p.m. and there was no one at the reception, there was only a sign on the screen stating it was dinner time from 6:30-7:30 p.m. I called them asking for assistance. Their response was, "Well, what do you want me to do? I'm eating dinner. You have to wait!" Rude.

Kimchee hostel is a really good place to stay in for a short or even a long journey. The staff is really really nice and welcoming! Ask Maud where to go for the nightlife in Hongdae ! She's really good and she knows all the good plans !

I really liked this hostel and even extended my stay. The internet is fast and it's in a great location. Minook at reception was incredibly helpful! Thank you Kimchi hostel!

Great place and great people, a really welcoming place with character. Close to train station too!

Really enjoyed my stay. Very homely atmostphere, very clean. The common area is well equipped and very comfortable. Could do with more hooks in the rooms to hang things. Maud was extra helpful and friendly to me, she looked after me when I hurt myself and made me feel very welcome when I first arrived and was so tired. She helped with my washing. Would definitely stay again if I ever went back to Korea.

Good hostel. Our twin private room was one of the smallest we've stayed in but for the price that was acceptable. Nice common area.

Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse was so wonderful to me and my friends! I was a idiot and messed up our reservations and so we arrived on our first day with no room booked. But the staff was so nice about it - they gave us the lowest rate, extended our reservations, and then gave us a private room so that we could all stay together. So thanks guys! The location was also super convenient, and the hostel was super clean. They also have nice, thick blankets, which was great for the winter.

Nice kitchen!

I've stayed at Kimchee a few times now, and it is a good place for cheap/basic accommodation. It is well-located and has a nice common area in the basement. The staff aren't overly friendly and the bathrooms are often dirty (with backed up toilets), but it's a good place to crash for the weekend. See more information about my time at Kimchee and in Seoul on my blog: http://www.twowanderingsoles.com/blog/seoul-christmas-markets-craft-beer-korea

Getting to the hostel was simple and the directions easy and clear to follow. The guy that helped me out, Minsook, was top notch. He got me anything I asked for and gave me specific information to get around. Thanks brother.

Rooms are clean, hostel staff is friendly. Toilets on second floor were decent but a little old and I wish they were more frequently cleaned and toilet paper replaced. Lots of suggestions for things to do were posted all over the hostel. Located between Sinchon subway station and Hongik University subway station. 10-15 minutes walk from the heart of Hongdae. Good budget option.

good clean nice people shd be more rubbish bin and tables to put stuff intoilets

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

Location is really good, located in a quiet neighborhood yet closed to Hongdae station. Bed is clean, only that the bathroom is a bit old but still okay to use. Anyway, it's a perfect place if you are just looking for a convenient place to sleep and shower. The staffs are helpful and speak good English.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

Staff were amazing!! Especially Minook! So friendly and helpful! The common room was nice and it is amazing that you can order food in from resturants if you don't want to go out! Also, very clean and well kept.

Really enjoyed my stay - staff member Tat was especially welcoming. Made me dinner one night and enjoyed lots of conversation. Would recommened and stay again.

This hostel is a good place to stay based on location but its a little dingy, mostly just the bathrooms and showering facilities, but its also a very good price so you take the good with the bad.