Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Everything is fine and the location is very good, so I will recommend this guesthouse to those who want to have a cheap stay in the downtown of Seoul.

Stayed here only for a night: staff are very helpful and all the rooms and facilities are pretty clean and comfortable (compared to my experience in other places). Located in residential area in Hongdae so that you can enjoy party nights but also stay in a calm place. The only thing I found inconvinient was that each bunk in dormitory room doesnt have any individual light so when everyone is asleep, you may find it inconvinient to bring out your cellphone to find what you need.

Shower and washroom are not clear. No air conditioner. No Lift.

Good location due to proximity to a mega-subway interchange (4 lines I think). Clean toilets, water provided and plenty of convenience stores and Lotte supermart just outside the hostel. However ALL upper beds on the bunk beds are TOO CLOSE to the ceiling light which makes it insanely difficult to sleep. Upper bunk beds also have no access to bedside power sockets so charging devices is a problem (you'd have to be using the sockets on the ground). Individual lockers provided in the room too.

I enjoyed my stay there the staff were helpfully and kind, especially Sue. The room and facilities are cleaned on a daily basis.its just a few minutes walk to hongdae. I would recommend this guesthouse and would return there too.

Excellent for the staff.(Simon) I had spent around 10 days here. I do not speak much Korean but Simon and me found many ways to communicate. He also asked me out for lunch and dinner to experience the normal life as a local college student. He and me had breakfast together and I even tried the housemade Kimuchi by his mom. Here is a great place to stay.The staffs were very friendly and thoughtful. Thanks to Simon and the other staffs, I did have a good stay in Seoul. Thank you so much!!!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • China

Okay for a night or two, but atmosphere was poor during my stay. Found a JSA/DMZ tour for much cheaper than the hostel were offering. 6 bed dorm actually has 7 beds, not as described. Long walk up/down the stairs between the rooms on the 5th floor to the common room in the basement. Not necessarily toilets on your floor, depending on your gender.

Very good location close to metro, cheap eateries and nightlife yet quiet. Cool, helpful, English speaking staff. Toilets and the dorms are kept very, very clean - this is not your run-down hostel. The hostel is quite big, but thanks to the cosy common area there's a very good vibe. It's easy to socialize with other travelers - maybe the most important thing in a hostel. Also, it's one of the cheapest places to stay in Seoul - awesome value for money! Would stay here again for sure.

Great atmosphere, full kitchen and food storage, removed enough from the road to be quiet but convenient to a nice neighborhood. Free market on Saturdays in Hongik Park. Would definitely stay here again when I'm back in Seoul. I'm vegetarian with some food allergies and the staff was nice enough to write a note I could show when ordering food; worked like a charm. They also do working accommodations if you're looking to stay for awhile. Thanks again!

Good hostel near the university area with lots to do. Sue and Simon went well out of their way to get through to someone at an airline who could speak English to help me book a last minute flight. The staff here are incredibly helpful and kind. I would definitely go back.

It's located in a good place and convenient. I felt comfortable here. The staffs are friendly and kind :) I wouldnt mind staying here again if i ever come back.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

Got myself a single room for 2 nights and it was awesome! The room can be small but I didn't find that a problem as I still have space left even though I had 2 luggage in it. One thing is that there are no heaters in the room and it can be kinda cold for me. Location is not too far from subway station, and about 15 mins walk to the busy streets of Sinchon/Hongdae.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

The staff are really nice and friendly, even i had changed my room twice. The staff are talkative and helpful, and the location is excellent.

It was BEST hostel in seoul I've ever had. If you choose here for travel in seoul, you won't regret.

The place was really nice and clean. Offering adapters at the hostel was a good idea. The directions to the hostel was really easy to understand.

• 25th Mar 2014

I think it's most enjoyable hostel in Seoul! I met there good staffs and Marcus from Sweden and Minook from Korea! Marcus,Minook and I drink at the basement and we had a good time there! I wanna back again!

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Japan

Perfect location to get around!

• 10th Mar 2014

Great hostel in a great location. The accommodation was wonderful and the lounge area was very comfortable and spacious. However, the heat at night was a little excessive for what the weather was like outside. Also, be careful of what you leave on the floor overnight during the winter (ondol floor heating)

Excellent hostel with great facilities and super friendly staff. Staff cleaned the rooms and entire hostel everyday, which was very good. The common area had a smoking room which was very convenient. Towels could be rented. The facilities to wash your clothes were cheap and of good quality. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone, particularly if you want a great location and a decent price!

I've been at Kimchee hostel for three nights. All I needed was a bed and a hot shower. I am satisfied with what I got. I've met really nice people there and that is the most important for me.