Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Airport lost my bag but hostel was very accomodating and helped me out a lot! Thanks :D

My stay at Kimchee Guesthouse was so delightful. I had a wonderful time there coming up to the Christmas season. The staff were most welcoming. One staff member from Holland, Maud, in particular, was always so fun and friendly! She was always there to help with tourist information and great places to eat! I wish there were more staff members like Maud at Kimchee. Be sure to meet her when you go to Kimchee Guesthouse! She will always put a smile on your face!

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Hostel is cleaned everyday quite thoroughly, you can even volunteer to clean and stay the night at a discounted rate/free! There is CCTV and each room has lockers. Padlock, adapter, towel can be rented. There is a cozy common room in the basement, which has a kitchen attached so you can make your own food, however the hostel offers to order in for you too at reasonable rates. My group enjoyed staying at Kimchee, and would definitely recommend!

Great location, good vibe, helpful staff. Would recommend!

Very cheap. There was only one female bathroom/shower for each 2 floors, and one of the showers didn't even lock. The floor I stayed on smelt like curdled vomit. The rooms were pretty cramped and there were only 1 or 2 power points for the entire dorm.

The atmosphere were excellent. However the toilet are frequently stuffed, not to the fault of the staff though. The only complaint I have is the guesthouse's inflexible policy. Accidently book an extra night which cannot be refunded despite reporting it on the day I have checked in. Was greatly disappointed on that. But other than that, everything was awesome!! Really enjoyed my stay.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Singapore

I really enjoy my stay at the kimchee sincheon guesthouse :) it was incredible over there, the area is really nice and safe !!! Thanks to all the staff there Erico, Mijin, Maud and Everybody thanks a lot for everything see you guys next time ;) !!!!!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Awesome experience hostel to meet people! Special thanks to maud who made my stay awesome!

Stayed 2 nights in a deluxe twin private. Small room with single bunk beds and two lockers (need your own lock). Relatively clean, squashed mosquitoes all over the walls. Shared washrooms (gender specific) were adequate, clean and up to date. Location was okay, but we wanted to be closer to central Hongdae (it's about 10 min walk). They had free SIM cards available and room discounts for linking their website to your blog which was pretty cool. Overall good facilities and a fine place to stay.

Tracy the massage therapist was so wonderful and helpful!!!! She helped me relax after much muscle pain and made me feel at home in the hostel.

really nice atmosphere, meet alot new friends here

was a pretty good place for the price. a little hard getting there if you don't know where it is. but all in all its a good place to crash

• 8th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We stay there on November feels really cold not sure if there's any heater. The staff speaks english fluently and will give you information you need for your tour but there's someone annoying staff who come to our room without permission. they don't give you breakfast but in basement there's a kitchen, and living room you can watch and play there's gathering with people. It's a good place for meeting people but not a great place for rest like a homey place.

This is THE place to meet awesome people, in their spacious basement common room. The rooms and facilities are nothing to write home about, but they are sufficient and the price of the hostel is more than worth everything that you get. Hongdae's chaotic nightlife is a mere 5-10 minute walk away.

Great hostel!! Close to subway station, friendly and helpful staff, always willing to assist the guests. I strongly recommend this hostel and I had a good time there!

I enjoy my stay in Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse. The Guesthouse is located near the Metro Station and could be easily located. The shower water is hot and the water pressure is high. There is a large area in the basement for cooking, eating and entertainment. I'd like to especially thank Martin and Sumin for their help during my stay in the Guesthouse. If I visit Seoul again,I would choose Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • China

The hostel is very good, the staff are very kind and friendly especially Shermaine , willing to share the tips and nice location. I meet many awesome friends from different country at there also, it was a nice hostel and the price is also reasonable. The location also nice for shopping and nightlife activities as the location very happening.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Very nice hostel! The staff is very friendly, especially Sumin. There's a basement where everybody hangsout. Very social place. Good to go when your travelling alone cause you'll defenitely make some new friends :). The rooms are good and clean. The location is also good cause it's close to the subway and close to all the shops in Hongdae. I'd defenitely recommend this hostel any time!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Great stay! Friendly staff.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Another great stay at Kimchee, this is by far my favorite hostel in Seoul. The staff, facilities and location are all perfect!