Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

I've been there for 2 nights but I will go back cause is nice place, friendly staff and helpful, martin the best.. I reccomend this hostel cause is easy to find from the airport and have the train right close to...

Really liked this one - a lot of Korean locals hanging out there. Very convenient to AREX .

I had a very pleasant stay, although the "quiet after 10 pm" sign is not respected whatsoever - but what can you expect if you stay in a six bed dorm? The location is awesome, access to kitchen/TV room/computer was awesome, and bathrooms were ok. If you want to stay somewhere with a relaxed atmosphere, this is the place.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

5 min walk from subway station, easy to find. Great atmosphere, lots of people around. Staff was friendly and spoke good English, ask for SUE if any problems. Could be cleaner though, wished there could have a cover for the quilt. No restaurant inside the hostel. Could be noisy at night, bring earplugs. Overall, perfect value for money !

The location of this place was great! We stayed right in between Sinchon and Hongdae, which takes about 15-20mins to walk. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, especially Swan. It's a great place to stay, especially if you're a backpacker. My friend and I met tons of people every night and it was easy to grab drinks nearby. Super convenient, cause it's less than a 5min walk to a train station with everything else nearby, such as connivence stores, restaurants, ect.

nice staff

I had a reservation already. But on the third night, they asked me to move to another room??? What happened to my reservation? They seem to be confused with the room bookings. The first room I had was warm and had mosquitoes. Very uncomfortable. Not that tidy, too. It's close to the train station, that's just it.

laid back atmosphere with great staff

• 16th May 2014

Everything is fine and the location is very good, so I will recommend this guesthouse to those who want to have a cheap stay in the downtown of Seoul.

Stayed here only for a night: staff are very helpful and all the rooms and facilities are pretty clean and comfortable (compared to my experience in other places). Located in residential area in Hongdae so that you can enjoy party nights but also stay in a calm place. The only thing I found inconvinient was that each bunk in dormitory room doesnt have any individual light so when everyone is asleep, you may find it inconvinient to bring out your cellphone to find what you need.

Shower and washroom are not clear. No air conditioner. No Lift.

Good location due to proximity to a mega-subway interchange (4 lines I think). Clean toilets, water provided and plenty of convenience stores and Lotte supermart just outside the hostel. However ALL upper beds on the bunk beds are TOO CLOSE to the ceiling light which makes it insanely difficult to sleep. Upper bunk beds also have no access to bedside power sockets so charging devices is a problem (you'd have to be using the sockets on the ground). Individual lockers provided in the room too.

I enjoyed my stay there the staff were helpfully and kind, especially Sue. The room and facilities are cleaned on a daily basis.its just a few minutes walk to hongdae. I would recommend this guesthouse and would return there too.

Excellent for the staff.(Simon) I had spent around 10 days here. I do not speak much Korean but Simon and me found many ways to communicate. He also asked me out for lunch and dinner to experience the normal life as a local college student. He and me had breakfast together and I even tried the housemade Kimuchi by his mom. Here is a great place to stay.The staffs were very friendly and thoughtful. Thanks to Simon and the other staffs, I did have a good stay in Seoul. Thank you so much!!!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • China

Okay for a night or two, but atmosphere was poor during my stay. Found a JSA/DMZ tour for much cheaper than the hostel were offering. 6 bed dorm actually has 7 beds, not as described. Long walk up/down the stairs between the rooms on the 5th floor to the common room in the basement. Not necessarily toilets on your floor, depending on your gender.

Very good location close to metro, cheap eateries and nightlife yet quiet. Cool, helpful, English speaking staff. Toilets and the dorms are kept very, very clean - this is not your run-down hostel. The hostel is quite big, but thanks to the cosy common area there's a very good vibe. It's easy to socialize with other travelers - maybe the most important thing in a hostel. Also, it's one of the cheapest places to stay in Seoul - awesome value for money! Would stay here again for sure.

Great atmosphere, full kitchen and food storage, removed enough from the road to be quiet but convenient to a nice neighborhood. Free market on Saturdays in Hongik Park. Would definitely stay here again when I'm back in Seoul. I'm vegetarian with some food allergies and the staff was nice enough to write a note I could show when ordering food; worked like a charm. They also do working accommodations if you're looking to stay for awhile. Thanks again!

Good hostel near the university area with lots to do. Sue and Simon went well out of their way to get through to someone at an airline who could speak English to help me book a last minute flight. The staff here are incredibly helpful and kind. I would definitely go back.

It's located in a good place and convenient. I felt comfortable here. The staffs are friendly and kind :) I wouldnt mind staying here again if i ever come back.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

Got myself a single room for 2 nights and it was awesome! The room can be small but I didn't find that a problem as I still have space left even though I had 2 luggage in it. One thing is that there are no heaters in the room and it can be kinda cold for me. Location is not too far from subway station, and about 15 mins walk to the busy streets of Sinchon/Hongdae.

• 8th Apr 2014