Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

average at sec, cuz the door was not able to lock with a key.but inside the room(i was in a 4 bed)was a locker box for every bed. the stuff was very helpfull. he was calling at late to a restaurant nearby(they where closing, cuz i arrived near 9 pm) and he managed that i was getting a vegetarian(cuz i'm veg and dont speak korean)traditional korean meal after 9 at a streetkitchen. great! about the location i dont know, cuz i was in transit for 1 night and saw to less from soul. but easy to find!

• 24th Feb 2014

Very nice hostel! I would absolutely recommend it for the atmosphere alone. The staff was nice and helpful, and I didn't have any problems. I would stay here again!

• 22nd Feb 2014

I found the staff to be unhelpful. I did not receive my key deposit when checking out as the staff went missing during the designated check out time but left a box so you can drop off your key without collecting the deposit. I waited for 35 minutes but eventually had to leave. Also the heating is unbearable. When I put my bear foot on the floor it actually hurt and there is no way to turn down the heating. I have stayed in other hostels in Seoul which are much much better than this.

The rooms and bathroom facilities are really clean, all mattress looks fairly new as well. Staff were really helpful when I asked for directions. There are free medium sized lockers, might be hard for big sized backpack to fit it, and you'll need a lock or purchase one at the counter. Overall a very nice place compare to most hostels/guesthouses I've stayed at for that price, great value for the money.

• 20th Feb 2014

The staff were very nice and I always saw them helping people out. It's a short 5-10 minute walk from Hongdae, which is perfect. No need for a cab and no need to worry about the last subway, if you're out partying. The bathrooms were clean and the actual dorms were nice, too, although incredibly hot with the heater on. My only problem was how loud it was at night. There should really be quiet hours because I kept getting woken up by loud and obnoxious people in the halls at 2-3 am.

• 18th Feb 2014

The stay is quite good. It is close to the metro station. The staffs can speak good english and the manager is friendly. She helps me book ticket of the Everland and remind me many important things. Thank you so much! The rooms allow people to wear shoes in room. The floor is not that clean to sit on. And the floor warming system is too hot. There were 2 Europeans and 2 Asians and we all wear short sleeves in room! One more thing, the luggage room is not locked always. Please improve this^^

Great rooms Very friendly Common area with TV, computors, sofa, kitchen. Clean Good location (Near Hondae) Staff are great Chan especially will bend over backwards to help you. So friendly and always has time for the guests.

• 11th Feb 2014

Arrive somehow earlier than check-in time,but I got terrible fever and need a place to take a rest first. For sure,the staff had no duty to help me get a bed before normal check-in time. But kind of too cold to response my asking for help...not the place I would like to visit again...not very friendly atmosphere. :(

1 2 3 Next » last »