Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse was so wonderful to me and my friends! I was a idiot and messed up our reservations and so we arrived on our first day with no room booked. But the staff was so nice about it - they gave us the lowest rate, extended our reservations, and then gave us a private room so that we could all stay together. So thanks guys! The location was also super convenient, and the hostel was super clean. They also have nice, thick blankets, which was great for the winter.

Nice kitchen!

I've stayed at Kimchee a few times now, and it is a good place for cheap/basic accommodation. It is well-located and has a nice common area in the basement. The staff aren't overly friendly and the bathrooms are often dirty (with backed up toilets), but it's a good place to crash for the weekend. See more information about my time at Kimchee and in Seoul on my blog: http://www.twowanderingsoles.com/blog/seoul-christmas-markets-craft-beer-korea

Getting to the hostel was simple and the directions easy and clear to follow. The guy that helped me out, Minsook, was top notch. He got me anything I asked for and gave me specific information to get around. Thanks brother.

Rooms are clean, hostel staff is friendly. Toilets on second floor were decent but a little old and I wish they were more frequently cleaned and toilet paper replaced. Lots of suggestions for things to do were posted all over the hostel. Located between Sinchon subway station and Hongik University subway station. 10-15 minutes walk from the heart of Hongdae. Good budget option.

good clean nice people shd be more rubbish bin and tables to put stuff intoilets

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

Location is really good, located in a quiet neighborhood yet closed to Hongdae station. Bed is clean, only that the bathroom is a bit old but still okay to use. Anyway, it's a perfect place if you are just looking for a convenient place to sleep and shower. The staffs are helpful and speak good English.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

Staff were amazing!! Especially Minook! So friendly and helpful! The common room was nice and it is amazing that you can order food in from resturants if you don't want to go out! Also, very clean and well kept.

Really enjoyed my stay - staff member Tat was especially welcoming. Made me dinner one night and enjoyed lots of conversation. Would recommened and stay again.

This hostel is a good place to stay based on location but its a little dingy, mostly just the bathrooms and showering facilities, but its also a very good price so you take the good with the bad.

i had such a great time here ^^

What a warm and welcoming community there is at Kimchee!There are many different cuisines to eat nearby. Oh if you are vegan,there is a WONDERFUL vegan restaurant/cafe a few subway rides away in Itaewon,called PLANT.Go there, if you're vegan or not!The cakes are supreme.Kimchee Guesthouse had the best staff member I have ever met at a hostel,ever.I have traveled to many countries and this girl is a very engaging and helpful person.Her name is Maud.Best hostel staff member in the world.

Airport lost my bag but hostel was very accomodating and helped me out a lot! Thanks :D

My stay at Kimchee Guesthouse was so delightful. I had a wonderful time there coming up to the Christmas season. The staff were most welcoming. One staff member from Holland, Maud, in particular, was always so fun and friendly! She was always there to help with tourist information and great places to eat! I wish there were more staff members like Maud at Kimchee. Be sure to meet her when you go to Kimchee Guesthouse! She will always put a smile on your face!

Good location, close to Hongdae and easy to get around and go out at night (food or drinks) . Awesome stuff and common area, nice clean showers.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Hostel is cleaned everyday quite thoroughly, you can even volunteer to clean and stay the night at a discounted rate/free! There is CCTV and each room has lockers. Padlock, adapter, towel can be rented. There is a cozy common room in the basement, which has a kitchen attached so you can make your own food, however the hostel offers to order in for you too at reasonable rates. My group enjoyed staying at Kimchee, and would definitely recommend!

Great location, good vibe, helpful staff. Would recommend!

1 2 3 Next » last »