Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Great hostel with a perfect location in Hongdae. Even with my very late arrival reception was still waiting for me. Big thanks to Suyeon from the team!!

The staff called Su Yoen helped me bring my passport to the subway station to meet me. It was very nice of her to do that for me. But it's be better if the organization can be improved a bit more. Overall, it's okay.

Upon arrival at Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse I was greeted with a warm welcome and told I'd been upgraded from an 8 bed dorm room to a private room! I was very happy with my room and stayed an extra two nights than originally planned. It is good value for money and a good location, just 10 minutes walk from the centre of Hongdae, you get all the fun of Hongdae without the noise. DK who works there is particularly friendly and speaks very good English :)

• 2nd Nov 2015

The hostel was in a great location, very close to the train and easy to get to, but more importantly, very close to a very nice party area. Met some cool people there, especially at their free tea night. Staff was very nice and very flexible and I enjoyed my time there. I ended up extending for a few days.

Such a wonderful place to stay. The staff were nice and welcoming and there was no problem with my room either. Unfortunately I was only able to stay 1 night but I will definitely stay again!

• 25th Oct 2015

BEST HOSTEL in Seoul! The receptionists Jessica (Italy), DK (Korean) and Suyeon (Korea) were extremely knowledgeable and spoke great English. This hostel has a great location in Seoul and is like 3 minutes away from the Subway! I'll stay here again when I come back to Seoul!

Good quality for the price, nice staff, thanks Fabrice for the long ping pong night :D

This place is nice, but might need a warmer welcome. Just all the basic is here, but maybe it is not that clean and friendly.

The staff is amazing and the location is perfect! They helped me numerous times to find places or to make a phone call (in Korean) when needed. The amenities, including the wifi, bathrooms, kitchen, etc are all top notch.

Very good value for your money. It's hard to beat $9/night. It is between the neighborhoods of Sinchon and Hongdae, both of which have seriously bumping nightlife. I was in a shared room, but it was actually quite quiet and easy to sleep. The staff seemed to be mainly from Europe with a few Koreans mixed in. Overall, I would recommend this place.

First two nights I've stayed in a room with the dirtiest girl in the world. I am far from being a clean freak but this was too much even for 7 euro per night. Luckily the staff was so nice so they moved me to another room so my stay was ok...except that my new three Japanese roommates were talking, laughing and singing and rearranging their stuff with the lights on every night from 00.30 - 2:30 am like they were alone there so it was a constant battle for the light. I haven't slept for a week.

Great place to meet folks, great staff! Close to good food and fun!

The key lock to our room did not work.

It was awesome hostel kind staff, good facility and cool common area I have stayed many guesthouse others were small and not many socialising stuff but this place i strongly recommend for meeting people and make firends from other country You can also get a lot of information of traveling Korea from the staff and people staying in The party organized by hostel with free drinks was good reason to recommed this hostel as well

• 25th Sep 2015

Place was ok, got my phone stolen on the last night I was there and thought the staff could have done more to try and help but left it up to me more. Pretty disappointing end to a good stay

Staff were unhelpful. They were in the basement drinking/partying and ignored new arrivals. They were rude and unhelpful when asked to adjust room temperature or help with a room change. When one of my bags was stolen during my stay, they were equally unhelpful. They haven't responded to my email messages -- that I sent in English and Korean -- to enquire about the theft. It was very inexpensive, but in retrospect I would not have chosen this place to stay and would not recommend it to others.

• 20th Sep 2015

Place is just ok. Bed is too small for a tall person. There are times that it becomes too crowded inside the room especially when everyone is around.

Good location with friendly staff other hostels in Korea small and not many people this is the only place to meet people to socialise each other so i definitely recommend to who want to make friends from other country

• 15th Sep 2015

The location given by the hostel management makes it easy to find the hostel. The staff in the hostel doesn't seem to be too interested to share about what to do around the area.

Great place to stay , really recommend it !!!!!