Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

The staff was great and helpful.

It was a good experience, everything was clean and the downstairs lounge was a nice place to meet other people.

• 12th Apr 2015

Price was reasonable, and staffs were very friendly and helpful. Also the location was perfect. It was 10 minutes of walking to both Shinchon and Hongdae, and a bus stop was right next to it.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Pretty average hostel overall, place seriously needs to be cleaned better...was a used band-aid beside my bed, musty smell in dorm and horrible smell from bathroom..Given that there seems to a dozen 'volunteers' working there this shouldn't be happening

Everything here was unfortunately just average. There were some staffers that were living in the dorm room I was staying in that didn't ever lock the door, or respect the late night quiet hours. Amateur level at best.

I extended my stay here many times (waiting for a plane) because the hostel is clean, good location (close subway and shop) and some of staff is really nice BUT some of the other part of the staff is really annoying (looks like that the customers disturb us), I was in a dorm with some people of the staff, they came back at 5am in the morning, turned on the light and spoke and when you asked to be quiet, they are unhappy. Just one example. Common area on the basement is great.

The hostel was great for the price. I stayed in a 8 bed dorm and it didn't feel super cramped. The bathrooms need some work though, the ceilings were leaking and not just from condensation from showers, paint was peeling, door locks were not attached properly. But that said, it wasn't horrible. It was a bit grungy and needs a deep cleaning. The noise travels well here so it can be a bit loud. Bed were fine, staff were awesome, and the common room was nice. The hostels dog was awesome!

• 3rd Apr 2015

We had a fun stay at the hostel. We had a room on the fifth floor and the friendly reception guy minook helped us carry up our suitcases which saved us :) thx for that. Also great location

• 31st Mar 2015

Just spent the last week at Kimchee and would like to thank the staff for making me feel at home and being super friendly. And thank you Mia for showing me around and being so much fun!! Thanks Kimchee!

• 25th Mar 2015

I stayed in 4 people mixed room cause i need a quite place to sleep, I found that actually I am the noisy one cause I come back to the hostel so late every night,sorry my roommates^^ And my roommates are Chinese too(oh god Chinese are really everywhere kkk) .The last day my roommates comeback to China and luckily nobody move in this room so I rule the whole room : ) LOL everything is just fine and staff can speak influent English which is helpful.

I though it close to Hongik university station, so I can go anywhere form here. One reason is it is the same line with airport railway. if you have early fight, you won't miss the fight. lastly, it close to shopping street and restaurants. It's a nice location.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Thailand

We were a school team going to Seoul for WorldMUN, there're a lot of us and we probably caused a few troubles during our stay... But we met tons of great friends there! The location of Kimchee is great, metro station Hankuk Uni is pretty close, 3~4min on foot, and the whole shopping district and small restaurants is literally a cross the road! Staffs were nice and helpful, Martin and the two Hungarian sisters were AWESOME! If you like meeting new friends, this' the place for you!

I had such a lovely stay at this hostel! The staff were really nice and I automatically felt welcome. One of the girls working there, Maud, showed me around and took me to an awesome vegan restaurant! I would have loved to stay longer and volunteered at the hostel. It's in a great location, perfect for experiencing the nightlife. I'm sure I'll be back to visit as soon as I can. Thank you!!

• 12th Mar 2015

Good location, I wouldn't stay here again. My room was dirty and so packed with other guests stuff (I believe they were all working there), I could barely fit my one backpack in the room and also found a mouldy takeaway coffee cup next to my bed. There was no heating so it was freezing and because of this the windows were never opened so the the room was super stuffy. Common room was good. First thing I was told when checking in was to make sure I leave a good review...

Fantastic place, made lots of new friends! Big thanks to Hana and the rest of the wonderful staff! They really helped me during my week in Seoul, and Hana especially gave me a big hand during my stay! Also loved Kimchee, the adorable hostel dog!

thanks for all your help only stayed for a week but will strongly reccommend all other travellers to stay with at kimchee

The hostel is good, good value around Seoul. When we tried to check in the girl in the reception was rude, and told me to come back two hours later (when i got back it was lunch time and again they made me wait), they charge an exta 15% for credit card!! But the place is clean and close to many restaurants. The boys from reception were very cool

Staff are very welcoming and helpful to provide any needed info to get around the area. Internet was fast and available everywhere in the hostel. Overall it was great choice to stay and without the doubt I would stay here again if I visit Seoul again.

• 5th Mar 2015