Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse Reviews

503-19, Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

I though it close to Hongik university station, so I can go anywhere form here. One reason is it is the same line with airport railway. if you have early fight, you won't miss the fight. lastly, it close to shopping street and restaurants. It's a nice location.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Thailand

We were a school team going to Seoul for WorldMUN, there're a lot of us and we probably caused a few troubles during our stay... But we met tons of great friends there! The location of Kimchee is great, metro station Hankuk Uni is pretty close, 3~4min on foot, and the whole shopping district and small restaurants is literally a cross the road! Staffs were nice and helpful, Martin and the two Hungarian sisters were AWESOME! If you like meeting new friends, this' the place for you!

I had such a lovely stay at this hostel! The staff were really nice and I automatically felt welcome. One of the girls working there, Maud, showed me around and took me to an awesome vegan restaurant! I would have loved to stay longer and volunteered at the hostel. It's in a great location, perfect for experiencing the nightlife. I'm sure I'll be back to visit as soon as I can. Thank you!!

• 12th Mar 2015

Good location, I wouldn't stay here again. My room was dirty and so packed with other guests stuff (I believe they were all working there), I could barely fit my one backpack in the room and also found a mouldy takeaway coffee cup next to my bed. There was no heating so it was freezing and because of this the windows were never opened so the the room was super stuffy. Common room was good. First thing I was told when checking in was to make sure I leave a good review...

Fantastic place, made lots of new friends! Big thanks to Hana and the rest of the wonderful staff! They really helped me during my week in Seoul, and Hana especially gave me a big hand during my stay! Also loved Kimchee, the adorable hostel dog!

thanks for all your help only stayed for a week but will strongly reccommend all other travellers to stay with at kimchee

The hostel is good, good value around Seoul. When we tried to check in the girl in the reception was rude, and told me to come back two hours later (when i got back it was lunch time and again they made me wait), they charge an exta 15% for credit card!! But the place is clean and close to many restaurants. The boys from reception were very cool

Staff are very welcoming and helpful to provide any needed info to get around the area. Internet was fast and available everywhere in the hostel. Overall it was great choice to stay and without the doubt I would stay here again if I visit Seoul again.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Japan

Very good atmosphere, thank you!! Especially I would like to say huge compliment to Martin who appeared to be very professional, helpful and outgoing member of the staff.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Russia

Great location near train to airport and subway. Near to nightlife district and places to eat/shops. Cheap. Great common room area to meet other backpackers which I think is essential in places like South Korea.

Great place in a cool part of Seoul. Booked 4 nights, stayed 8. The hostel is warm, clean and staff are welcoming. Plenty to do in the Hongdae area including tasty BBQ restaurants and trendy shops. The subway station is less than 5 mins walk and is quite easy to use.

A few weaknesses this hostel should look into- there are wooden lockers in the room of each dorm bed but since those are not marked clearly which one goes along with which bed, if some other guest have taken the one that is supposed to be meant for a bed, I had to use an empty one at the far side, which I nearly have no use to. Also, I would expect that the upper bed would equally have access to a close power plug, but here only the lower bed gets it. How would I be able to charge my phone?

• 19th Feb 2015

Nice hostel, very social. Epic staff, especially Maud. She'll rock your world. Plus she's the go to person for any and everything you need! I'll be back! Xx

Close to the trendy hongdae and the nice place for coffee and restaurants at sinchon, it is perfectly well located and the hostel is warm, the common area really cool and people like Maud can help you out to find out the best vegan places or whatever you need!

This hostel is pretty whatever. Nothing great, the beds are narrow, there's a weird party room in the basement but it's a bit much if you're over 24.

Customer Service here is definitely very poor. I stayed here for one night and had read the rules of the place as soon as booked it, specially the one that states that the reception is open from 9 a.m.-11.30 p.m. I arrived there at 6:40 p.m. and there was no one at the reception, there was only a sign on the screen stating it was dinner time from 6:30-7:30 p.m. I called them asking for assistance. Their response was, "Well, what do you want me to do? I'm eating dinner. You have to wait!" Rude.

Kimchee hostel is a really good place to stay in for a short or even a long journey. The staff is really really nice and welcoming! Ask Maud where to go for the nightlife in Hongdae ! She's really good and she knows all the good plans !

1 2 3 Next » last »