King Kong Hostel Rotterdam Reviews

Witte de Withstraat 74, Rotterdam, Netherlands

I would stay here again.

Great hostel and location, on one of the best and busiest streets in Rotterdam. Well-ventilated room, however the shower was poorly ventilated, meaning it was extremely humid when several people showered in a row. Cleanliness and facilities were of an excellent standard, and every member of staff was helpful and friendly. Easy access sockets (2 per bed) so we were never short. Overall, I would thoroughly recommend going to this hostel; the best I've ever been to!

Good hostel with a great location. No social atmosphere when I was there, and the common area felt like a cafe with everyone on their phones/laptops. Staff kept to themselves and just handed you a map during check-in without any info on what to see in the city unless asked for something specific. They also charge a 20 euro (!) deposit for the keycard. All in all, felt like a neat formal hotel with shared rooms.

The atmosphere was great, the dorms nice and comfy and the staff really kind and helpful. The basement with the cinema room is great place to chill and, of course, to watch a movie with your fellas and other guests.

Great location, friendly staffs, clean and tidy room. Everything was just great! Also love the King Kong toys on the stair railing.

The hostel is very well located, super clean and well maintained, nicely decorated, and the staff is very helpful and pleasant. It is one of the top hostels I have visited so far. You have a lot of professional facilities which you can use for free like internet, a well designed kitchen, TV-room,... The only point of critique I have was that it was too hot in the room, but that might be due to the hot weather the day before even though it was much cooler the day of our arrival.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

perfect, trendy, new hostel

This hostel has everything you would need! The rooms, kitchen and common areas are all very looked after and of real quality. The location is great and an easy walk from the central train station. The staff are friendly and active. I wouldn't stay here if you want somewhere quiet though as it is on the main strip for bars and restaurants so you do hear a lot of that from the room. If Can take a little noise then do stay here!! Best facilities I've ever seen in a hostel.

Good Hostel!

I loved everything about this place! I especially appreciate the friendliness of the staff. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and hope to be back!

Genuinely a very very nice hostel, definitely one of the good ones! Stayed for 2 nights and didn't have a single problem, staff were friendly, the facilities were clean and the rooms were spacious. Easy walk to the train station down the main road which takes about 20 minutes.

Love love loved rotterdam and King Kong, they upgraded me to an ensuite 6 room dorm with X-LARGE BEDS. Absolute heaven after a long hard weekend in Amsterdam. Would and will definitely be coming back :)

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Perfect location on cool street with nice restaurants and bars. Super clean. Free coffee and tea! Good vibes.

Literally the best Hostel I've ever been to, out of more than 30. Really great time there, the staff was fantastic; friendly and helpful. The location is on probably the coolest street in Rotterdam, with bars, cafes, food, and the 'best bar in the world' literally next door. Met a lot of cool people while I was there, and never felt unsafe. Free coffee is great, and the kitchen is very nice. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Rotterdam.

One of the best hostels we've been to!! Our friends got a free upgrade to our room just because the staff saw that we know each other. The kitchen is SO clean and SO nice! The atmosphere is very lovely, it's very easy to connect and meet other people. The hostel is located on a street with many bars and restaurants which is also the reason it is sometimes a little bit noisy in the evening. Breakfast is not included but if yyou're fast enough you get free croissants.

Great place to stay!

Great hostel. Amenities including use of kitchen and dining area very good. Beds comfortable and bathrooms clean. Fantastic all round

All was excellent.

It might be the best option in rotterdam but still disappointing overall. Dorm room was stuffy and crammed with to many beds (also some guest with terrible hostel etiquette) and a ton of noise from the bars right outside the window. Zero social atmosphere and difficult to meet anyone. Only good thing was the free coffee was actually pretty good. Overall I'd probably just avoid rotterdam if I could do it again, pretty dull city.

King Kong hostel was recommended by a friend I met in another hostel in Madrid. It was in a great location, on the Main Street next to all of the food shops and supermarket. The hostel staff were lovely and explained how everything worked. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was spacious and clean. They had a nice kitchen area to sit down and eat food you brought back and many people were comfortable enough making their own food and relaxing in the movie area. I would recommend this ho

« first « Prev 1 2 3