King Kong Hostel Rotterdam Reviews

Witte de Withstraat 74, Rotterdam, Netherlands

one of the nicest hostel i've ever been, very nice decorations all around, friendly and helpfull staff (they let me check in at 12 instead at 15) , very fast wifi internet. no problem reaching the place from the train station

Have been traveling for almost three months and this was by far the best hostel I've experienced! Not only was it extremely clean and fully stocked with utilities, it had a great atmosphere. Really cool staff too. It felt like home :)

• 26th Nov 2014

Overall a pretty good experience, but the bad things were bad enough to leave a decent stain on the place for me. Bunch of people smoking weed in the room and making all of my stuff smell like weed, and when we asked the staff if that was ok, he just shrugged. Girl at the front desk told us about the free place to park the car as long as it was less than 72 hours... Parked there for about 16 hours an it costed like 20€. Cool room and all, but those were huge turn offs.

Very nice staff, really dig the area it was in. Overall, great choice if you are in Rotterdam and in need of a Hostel

I stayed in a deluxe female only room and could not have been more impressed. It was so clean and the room had double bunk beds each with their own privacy curtain. It was off season so the hostel was pretty empty but the atmosphere was great. The hostel staff were friendly and helpful and the included breakfast is a plus too. Easy walk from central train station.

Perfect for a weekend in the lovely Rotterdam. You will not be disappointed

• 14th Nov 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in the hostel. Probably some points to mention are the poor lighting in the rooms. Also that there should be a sink in the bathroom, as we found that after finishing in the bathroom we have to go to the shower to use the sink. When storing luggage we were expecting to get a number or label just in case. On the other side, breakfast included was really good and complete!

Rooms are spacious and generally clean. The kitchen is awesome and fully stocked. Movie corner is comfy and cool to hang out in. The location is right in the center of a happening street, so on the weekend it was quite loud at night. If you want to go out, it was the perfect spot, but for those looking for a quiet place to sleep.. Maybe not the greatest place. Staff were very helpful and had lots of tips.

Great Hostel. My only regret was only being in Rotterdam for one night. Seems to be a lot more of a local scene (I was there in the off season, but most of the guests seemed to be dutch people looking to go into the city and party for the night ... a far cry from Amsterdam). Takes a bit more effort to meet people, but Rotterdam was a ton of fun. Alicia (I believe that was her name (the Lithuanian lady) was awesome and gave me a run down of how to see the city. Other staff very friendly too

This hostel was AMAZING!!! It was the best one I've ever been to. The staff are super cool and nice. Free breakfast and free coffee, apples, croissants and tea 24/7. It is the most cozy and cute place with a Netflix cinema room. Everything looks super fun, I Loved it!!! Beds are comfy too :) :) I would recommend guests to bring shower shoes not bc it's not clean but bc the bathroom floor is freezing cold. And also to bring soap bc it is not provided for free.

We decided to stay in a private room as there wasn't much of a price difference. The hostel is very new. Our room was gorgeous, however I would say that it wasn't very practical! We could have done with a shelf in the bathroom and some hooks to hang towels etc the lamp shade was very pretty but severally hindered the amount of light! Staff friendly, breakfast good, lovely wine bar next door and we loved having Netflix on the tv in the room. Have already recommended it to my friend.

can't fault this place on anything. excellent facilities for a reasonable price. perfect for recovery after Amsterdam. you'll end up staying longer then expected.

Very good hostel near the central station. The facilities are top (lockers in the rooms, breakfast included, nice staff , free towels and movies every night). In the heart of the Rotterdam nightlife; bars all around, it's like: Wohhh!

In the front of the building it was VERY loud through the night. There are several bars on the same street, which seems great until you're trying to go to sleep.

Perfect hostel! perfect location! A little bit noisy!!

• 14th Oct 2014

What can I say, this place is like no other. Just have to stay here to understand. Highly recommended.

We booked a private room and got a private area with curtains in a room with 10 other people. That's not a private room!

This is possibly the best hostel in the entire world. Sadly, I went there too early in my trip and now every hostel will be unfairly judged against this one. The only place to stay in Rotterdam! (or Europe for that matter...)

I gave excellent because everything is excellent in this hostel. Sincerely is the best hostel I ever been. Moreover is cheap compared to the other Dutch hostels.

• 5th Oct 2014

Brilliant hostel, lovely staff, free coffee, free Netflix and is very close to everything you may need. Highly reccomend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4