King Kong Hostel Rotterdam Reviews

Witte de Withstraat 74, Rotterdam, Netherlands

Great service and staff.Perfect location in the cool district of Rotterdam,very clean,and cheap price.Big chill out and cinema downstairs..Just amazing place!!Love it!!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

Lovely hostel, great awesome vibe. Extremely clean. They had great facilities there including being able to watch movies on netflix.

The perfect hostel. I didn't want to leave after arriving and extended my stay by several days. The staff are great (one of them is writing their university thesis on how to create the perfect hostel), the location is perfect. This hostel will win awards. Well done, guys! Keep up the good work!

You should provide a storage place like a locker to keep valuables.

We stayed here for two nights in July, and I'm surprised that the 34 bed dorm was better than we thought! Everyone has enough space, the bathroom are very clean, staff are very helpful! We enjoy making ourselves dinner in the kitchen and watched a movie after dinner! Very comfortable! Would like to have this hostel in every country :p

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Excellent location and awesome staff. Super helpful. Wifi works great even in the pub next door. Clean, quiet (at least on the courtyard side). 10/10 would stay again.

Brilliant Hostel! Really great atmosphere and facilities with nice new interiors. The loft room is well layed out, a really comfortable space and great value! Easy walk to everything and surrounded by lots of cafes and restaurants. Also the staff are friendly and helpful!

• 30th Jun 2014

King Kong is a fantastic hostel, it is beautifully designed, comfortable and on a street full of lovely restaurants and bars. The rooms weren't very big but reasonable, but there is many common areas (dining room, kitchen, lounge area, outdoor seating etc.) that you could hang out in so it didn't really matter! The staff were very informative and kind, breakfast wasn't included but was very healthy and quite substantial for the small extra price. I very much enjoyed my stay!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Heart of Rotterdam

Excellent location. I really liked the atmosphere of Witte de Withstraat. If you're finding quite place, this is not. But if you're thiking of cheerful interesting place with a bunch of nice bars and restaurants, this is it. The staffs are really friendly too. General atmosphere of hostel also goes with this street. Funny stuffs are rolling around the floors showing why Rotterdam is design city. But if you're finding a locker, you'd better have your own since there is no locker in the room.

I Loved the stay at King Kong and I wish I had spent more time there and in Rotterdam. It is very clean (opened in 2014) and it is easy to meet new people there in the kitchen or the 'cinema'. It is well positioned and there are bars, restaurants, and museums on that street but it is far away from being crowded or loud. The showers were good and the beds were fine with boxes one could lock the suitcase in. I have staid at many hostels around the world but this one is my favorite! I'll come back.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Iceland

Wonderful original hostel, perfect location in the city center (museumpark parking very close, cool bars

in the middle of rotterdam this hostels, is very nice, brand new kitchen, netflix center when you feel more relax and free cofee. The hostels is from 10 minutes of every city hot spots and in the popular street of rotterdam de Witte Withstraat. So go fast and do a reservation at thi Hostel

Very much a hostel if you want to party all the time. It's located on a street with non stop bars and clubs that seem to be permanently alive every night through to 3/4/5 in the morning -the rooms overlooking the street are uninhabitable if you want to sleep at all. The staff are excellent and the facilities are very nice, and clean, but if you're looking for a cheap night and some quiet spells ( I was ) then I'd advise going elsewhere. If you're going for fun, then it's fine.

Amazing hostel with great atmosphere and great hosts! Very new clean place with stylish, light interior. Especially loved the integrated bar and the terrace. If you have light sleep you should be aware of its closeness to bars and restaurants - I personally loved the chit chatting right in front of the hostel. Overall really recommendable, I've stayed in many hostels but this definitely was on of my favorites!

• 5th Jun 2014

My Stay here was so nice I had to come back for a whole week after one night here in Rotterdam.

nothing is perfect, but for being a hostel I would give 110% to this place (80 if was a 3 star hotel...jokes). however: I felt really safe, the location is in the "cool" area of the city center, staff is very nice and helpful (greetings to Mattew and all the crew, I m sorry I remember only his name :( ) , clean and big space (even if for a few days there was a problem with the ventilation), not much more expensive than other hostels in town+ tablets, smart tv, and, more important: the kitchen!

Everything very new and very impressed by how everything is overall. I booked because Amsterdam was way too expensive ($150 US a night) due to a celebration. It gets loud until late though because the street is a lively area (pro for some , con for some). Overall, would stay here again for sure.

A cool hostel with an interesting layout inside. Nice cafe and chill out room downstairs. Location was great with a lively bar right next door to the hostel. Rooms were very clean and the shower was the best shower I have ever used in a hotel or hostel! Monsoon showerhead! Awesome.

Such a cool place to stay, the decor and atmosphere is fantastic, with the communal areas having such good facilities and vibes! We had a private room, the lover's loft which was awesome but perhaps should be marketed as semi-private as it above the dorms! It was still a great room. Friendly and accommodating staff. Breakfast for 5 euros is good value. Think next time would stay 2 nights to chill out and make the most of the hammocks, bean bags, rope swings and chill out areas of the hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3