King Kong Hostel Rotterdam Reviews

Witte de Withstraat 74, Rotterdam, Netherlands

It was a very good hostel with friendly welcoming staff on reception. The room and ensuite bathroom was clean and tidy, and had a hair drier which is fairly unusual to find in hostels. Only thing is though I had booked a 16 bed mixed room. But when I checked in I discovered I had been given a 6 bed male only room! Would have preferred the specific room I booked to be honest. I am not keen on male only dorms. But as it was only a 2 night stay I decided to just leave it at that.

Maybe the courtains weren't enough to isolate the sound from the bedrooms. Besides that, the hostel is amazing!

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Portugal

Lovely, friendly staff who are alway svery helpful. Fantastic, modern place, with lots of character. Excellent value for money and right in the heart of Rotterdam.

• 23rd Jan 2015

thanks for putting up with 6 drunk brummies

This is the coolesthostelin the world. The beds are comfy, the showers clean and nice, the kitchen is HUGE and has everything you could ever need. Free tea and coffee all the time isnt such a bad thing either. If you stay here make sure you also go next door to de witte aap (voted best bar in the world) and have the best burger in the netherlands also beside the hostel. I have onky good things to say about this hostel, the staffand this area. Thanks king kong!

If the breakfast concluded the all stays it would be perfect for travelers.

This is for sure the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Everything is clean, new, with design. My friend and I stayed there for just one night, and we had a small private room, divided from the others by a curtain. It was soooo nice!! The bathrooms are very clean and the shower is probably better than mine in my own home :) there is also a room with a big tv with a lot of moovies. People is very helpfull and funny. You must go there!!!

Had a great one night stay at this cool, modern hostel in a great street full of popular restaurants and bars. Staff were very helpful with recommendations, decent breakfast including delicious croissants, nice kitchen and movie area with Netflix. Bit noisy at night and no proper doors for our big dorm which led to a bit of sound carrying. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

Of all the hostels i have stayed in europe this is my number one, it was like being at a friends house. I would stay there again for sure!

This was absolutely the best hostel I've ever visited.

King Kong was the best hostel we have ever been to. Staff was kind and helpful, room was perfect, bathroom had soap, shampoo and body oil prepared and everything was extremely clean.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Croatia

Great hostel & very good shared spaces. Only downside was that we were not aware that the room was actually the Lovers Loft and was not private at all (HostelWorld only specifies "private room, shared bathroom"). Not very happy with this - if we wanted to stay in a dorm room we would have booked this & saved money. When booking a private room one of our main concerns was security (knowing our valuables were locked away) and with this room other guests can enter your room if they are in the dorm.

• 28th Dec 2014

It was simply one of the best hostels I've ever been to :) The staff is great! They're helpful and friendly. The location couldn't be better, really in the middle of the bar street! It's a new hostel with a cool decor and good conditions overall.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Stayed here for two nights in December . Very good location in Rotterdam . Hostel was excellent to , couldn't ask for me .

one of the nicest hostel i've ever been, very nice decorations all around, friendly and helpfull staff (they let me check in at 12 instead at 15) , very fast wifi internet. no problem reaching the place from the train station

Have been traveling for almost three months and this was by far the best hostel I've experienced! Not only was it extremely clean and fully stocked with utilities, it had a great atmosphere. Really cool staff too. It felt like home :)

• 26th Nov 2014

Overall a pretty good experience, but the bad things were bad enough to leave a decent stain on the place for me. Bunch of people smoking weed in the room and making all of my stuff smell like weed, and when we asked the staff if that was ok, he just shrugged. Girl at the front desk told us about the free place to park the car as long as it was less than 72 hours... Parked there for about 16 hours an it costed like 20€. Cool room and all, but those were huge turn offs.

Very nice staff, really dig the area it was in. Overall, great choice if you are in Rotterdam and in need of a Hostel

I stayed in a deluxe female only room and could not have been more impressed. It was so clean and the room had double bunk beds each with their own privacy curtain. It was off season so the hostel was pretty empty but the atmosphere was great. The hostel staff were friendly and helpful and the included breakfast is a plus too. Easy walk from central train station.

Perfect for a weekend in the lovely Rotterdam. You will not be disappointed

• 14th Nov 2014