King Kong Hostel Rotterdam

9.2
Superb 848 Total Reviews

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
24th May 2017

Overall I'd highly recommend staying at this hostel! Super friendly staff, great location and great ambiance. Only negative things to note is that your belongings are stored in a wooden chest / crate. Although very secure, it was partly a safety hazard as it had a tendancy to fall and close on you. Also, can be noisy at night as the hostel is located in a busy street with bars. (They have a seating area where guests can bring their own food to eat.)

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
21st May 2017

King Kong was a great hostel all round! In a great location with friendly staff and a chilled out, welcoming atmosphere this hostel was perfect. It had a communal kitchen but also a quality breakfast put on every morning. I had a great time during my stay at King Kong.

• England, Male, 31-40
20th May 2017

The hostel is in a great location, and everything inside the hostel looks very cool. I booked for a 16 bed dorm. I was in a room on the third floor with roughly 10 beds in it, however none of the rooms there had doors, just curtains, so noise-wise it was more like staying in a 30 or 40 bed dorm! Fortunately I have very good earplugs! The showers had no curtain to separate the water from your dry stuff that is hanging over the door. These were minor gripes though and - I would stay here again :-)

• rachelatkins1152
  • England, Female, 25-30
13th May 2017

Pros: Really cool, quirky place with lots of personality. Great bar / cafe with delicious food! Right in the centre. Cons: Drawers under beds a bit loud and inconvenient to use. Rooms just separated with curtains so might get noisy but it was fine when I stayed.

12th May 2017

Terrific hostel right in the centre of Rotterdam nightlife. I would highly recommend staying here. It's clean, very safe (giant lockers underneath the bed that roll out and key card access required to access floors), and the staff is friendly and helpful.

Thank you very much for the terrific review! We appreciate your positive feedback and will try to keep up the good work for our future guests! All the best and hope to see you back at King Kong Hostel! Alisa and the Crew

• Hungary, Couple, 18-24
5th May 2017

The hostel was lovely.

We have tried ;) Thank you! Have a lovely day!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
24th Apr 2017
6.0

Amazing location! It's clean but completely geared toward their cafe. You're only allowed to eat and drink your own stuff in 2 small dark basement rooms. I got in trouble for bringing my own drink to the (only) outdoor tables because they are for paying cafe customers only.. the dorms are all on the same floor and have no doors to the rooms only curtains. Me and my friend were each assigned "numbered" beds, they were just 1 double bed in a dorm, we had to share 1 locker and 1 bed. For 5 days.

Hey and thank you for your review! I think that you make it sound a bit worse than it is, and I would like our future guests to know that: Many hostels have no guest kitchen at all and do not officially allow own consumption, so the fact that we do have a guest kitchen could be seen as a positive feature, just a thought... "Dark basement rooms" sounds indeed quite negative, but perhaps you already had quite some beers by then, so your vision was not very clear... :) You did not get in trouble, c'mon! The worse what could have happened was one of the staff kindly asking you to consume your drinks in the designated "bring your own" area, that's all. This information we provide in our welcome letter, and if you doubt, you can always ask one of the staff members. There is a virtual tour available on our website that gives you a clear picture of the type of rooms we have, so before you book you can look, we do not try to hide anything. Also if you are not happy with something during your stay, or simply can't find something, you can just come to us and we will try to find a solution for you. Sometimes I wonder why guests choose to victimize themselves and then there is a review like this... which is quite useless actually. :) You want a good stay we want good review, it all makes sense in my head, and yet it went wrong somehow. Finally, yes we do have a cafe with great food and drinks, what is wrong with that? :) We are happy that you liked the location at least! :) Have a nice day! Alisa King Kong Crew

21st Apr 2017

The hostel ir great! At King Kong Hostel I made the best walking tour of my life. The guide called Hassan was very competent. Thanks

Thanks for the feedback! We are very happy with Hassan, and from June we do the tour every day Monday to Friday, absolutely free! Be there or be square! Alisa and the Crew

• England, Female, 25-30
21st Apr 2017

Not ideal for solo travellers, as doesn't have a great communal space. But really nice hostel and nice design!

• England, Male, 31-40
16th Apr 2017
7.1

Staff not very helpful on check in, just said your room on first floor and have me no more information at all, everything else was top class. Big rooms, nice shower and very clean