King Kong Hostel Rotterdam

Superb 912 Total Reviews
Superb 912 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
13th Jul 2017

Super clean, centrally located hostel. Staff are friendly and helpful. Only thing is I didn't find it particularly easy as a solo traveller to meet people there, but Rotterdam is a pretty friendly city sobit wasn't a huge problem.

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
13th Jul 2017

The best hostel I have ever been in! Very friendly staff, free walking tour of the city and awesome dorm style rooms. Water pressure was very good and hot too! Great location on a main and popping street, I would stay here again for sure!

12th Jul 2017

Best hostel I have stayed in. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean. It got a little too loud at night with the bars downstairs. The staff could be a little more informed about things travelers may need, such as an atm. I recommend taking the free tour; my guide Hassan was very nice and knew a lot about the area. I completely recommend staying here.

• England, Couple, 18-24
6th Jul 2017

We really enjoyed our stay at King Kong. The free walking tour by Hassan was amazing and his knowledge of the city is fantastic! He gave us recommendations on other places to visit and they did not disappoint. Alisa was very helpful too and gave us a great film recommendation for some chill time. The shower was good. We stayed in an 8 bed dorm and it was a bit small for 8 people but nevertheless we'd return to King Kong but would try a different room. Everything is within walking distance.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
4th Jul 2017

Whilst visiting I made the most of the free walking tour of the city. I would highly recommend it, Hassan was extremely knowledgable and the tour was great fun 😀

• Australia, Female, 18-24
3rd Jul 2017

On a really great street! There's a lot going on. Security and facilities were great. Staff were helpful. Only annoying thing was having to put your own duvet in the cover etc. and then bring it all back down with you when you check out. But realistically not the worst thing in the world for the place you get. Would 100% stay again

• Australia, Female, 18-24
30th Jun 2017
6.3

Easy to meet people. Extremely busy street- so good if you like drinking etc. Kitchen was often messy. Some staff were really helpful and kind, others made you feel like you were pestering them.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
30th Jun 2017
6.0

Location is good and the hostel is clean but for almost €30/night I didn't think I was paying for excessive noise (it's never a good sign when there is a giant bowl of earplugs free at reception), a hot and stuffy room even while it was only 20 degrees outside (there was no fan or aircon and the windows only opened slightly),. It hasn't got any atmosphere and isn't easy to meet other travellers since it's also a public bar/cafe.

• Belgium, Couple, 18-24
28th Jun 2017

Super hostel! Het personeel is kei vriendelijk en het hostel ziet er gewoon prachtig uit, de lokatie is ook perfect. Zeker een aanrader!

• Hong Kong, Female, 31-40
26th Jun 2017
8.0

I can't sleep well during my stay coz the street is lots of bar and restaurant which very noisy till mid night. And I don't like the wooden cabinet with that steel lock under the bed which is inconvenience and noisy. I hope they can put more hook in bathroom. The location is excellent.