King Street Backpackers

Very Good 235 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
22nd Jan 2017
5.7

The hostel itself is in a good location in the CBD, not hard to get anywhere. My only fault was the cleanliness, people can check in from 10pm however avoid this as the cleaner doesn't change the sheets until around 2ish. Therefore I saw the same bed + sheets being used by 4 individual people over the course of the week as noone had stripped it prior to departure as requested by the staff. If you loose your phone under the bed then disinfect it with fire, uncleaned looks like for year's! 16Bed R

• clayken234
  • USA, Male, 18-24
22nd Jan 2017
8.0

Good place to meet people bathrooms are gross, but I still enjoyed my stay

18th Jan 2017

Hostel with the atmosphere of a home. All the staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. Many people stay here long term, which must mean it's a great place to live. Location is easy access to the train station and close to trams in the free Zone too. I'll definitely go back!!

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Jan 2017
4.0

16 bed dorm should be avoided at all costs. Very dirty in the whole room and on top of the lockers. The toilets were in desperate need of a clean. Room door was often left open, kings street fault I know but they should inform fellow travellers to keep door shut! We were there for 8 hours and it was 8 hours to long. Staff on desk very helpful and friendly.

• England, Female, 31-40
16th Jan 2017
8.0

Hostel was fine. Great breakfast on Tuesday and pasta dinner on Wednesday. Floor under my bed was pretty gross but I asked a housekeeping guy if someone could clean it and it was cleaned by the time I got back in the evening.

• England, Female, 18-24
14th Jan 2017
3.7

One of the worst hostels I've stayed in. There's too many beds in each room, add in everyone's stuff and there's no room to move. Disgusting, dirty and old bathrooms; if you're showering and someone flushes the toilet, the shower will scald you. Rude guests, stains on the bed sheets, and the mattresses were like sleeping on a ribcage. Considering you can get a 4 bed dorm in a nicer hostel for a few extra dollars, this is so not worth the hassle, definitely don't recommend.

• Spain, Female, 25-30
12th Jan 2017
8.0

Good location. the stairs to the fourth floor killed me...with all my luggage. bathrooms not very clean.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
11th Jan 2017
2.3

REALLY SLOW INTERNET. DIRTY. I found rottening food under my bed. The showers have mold. Many times there wasn't toilet paper. When I told the cleaning lady to clean under the beds she wasn't happy and gave me an attitude. The atmosphere is not nice, there aren't places to hang out, just a lunch room which is also a TV room with nothing interesting playing, just a random channel. The room I stayed in felt was dark, the bunk beds were dangerous. I don't recommend it. I felt like being in a jail.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
9th Jan 2017
8.0

Was good for the one night I stayed there, close to southern cross, bed was ok, room had everyhting necessary even though not pretty or new looking interior, but it was OK. Same for the bathroom. Breakfast was really good, fresh fruit and warm food, coffee for free. Staff was nice.

• lucybarker1194
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
5th Jan 2017

Pros: Good location (though apparently near the 'red light' district!), friendly staff, mostly clean, wifi, breakfast and tea/coffee included, good kitchen Cons: Reading light didn't work, noisy, not enough power sockets in dorm, wifi only available downstairs Overall I enjoyed my time here (though was pretty anti-social and didn't really talk to anyone), and would stay again.