King Street Backpackers Reviews

197-199 King Street, Melbourne, Australia

Great location, friendly staff. I really appreciated being able to have breakfast before an early flight. Bath is a bit gross, one of the shower drains is really blocked. As usual lots of young backpackers with no consideration for others so I didn't sleep great, but the beds are comfy at least!

Bathrooms are outdated and disgusting. Clearly had not been cleaned in months! Dirt and dust, hair balls the size of my fist, broken doors, no toilet roll, walls moldy, stank of damp. Dorm room was gross, floors were dirty, bugs running around, stains on sheets, bad smell. No plugs for top bunks! Kitchen facilities were inadequate- no cutlery, plates or pans, moldy food everywhere, surfaces were disgusting and far too small for the amount of people. Couldn't wait to leave!

December 21-24. I stayed in a 16 person dorm room, thankfully there were lockers in the room so I didn't have to worry about things walking away. There was free breakfast of toast and cereal every morning, and free self-serve tea & coffee throughout the day. The wifi was a little wonky and the router had to be constantly reset, but it worked well enough for my needs. Not the cleanest place I've stayed, but the bed was one of the most comfortable I've enjoyed on my journey.

Very helpful and very well mannered staff. I thought our bathroom facilities were a bit grotty.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Location is great, very near to train station. Staffs are friendly, easy to chat and very helpful. Kitchen is simple but enough for preparing basic food, plus free breakfast provided is a plus. To use free wifi has to go to counter for a voucher every time, but reception is great

Friendly staff, great location, quiet rooms, even when I needed to sleep during the day. Quite impressed.

Very good hostel, friendly staff. Some free dinners and very good breakfast! Wifi was a little poor, good location