King Street Backpackers Reviews

197-199 King Street, Melbourne, Australia

December 21-24. I stayed in a 16 person dorm room, thankfully there were lockers in the room so I didn't have to worry about things walking away. There was free breakfast of toast and cereal every morning, and free self-serve tea & coffee throughout the day. The wifi was a little wonky and the router had to be constantly reset, but it worked well enough for my needs. Not the cleanest place I've stayed, but the bed was one of the most comfortable I've enjoyed on my journey.

Very helpful and very well mannered staff. I thought our bathroom facilities were a bit grotty.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Location is great, very near to train station. Staffs are friendly, easy to chat and very helpful. Kitchen is simple but enough for preparing basic food, plus free breakfast provided is a plus. To use free wifi has to go to counter for a voucher every time, but reception is great

Friendly staff, great location, quiet rooms, even when I needed to sleep during the day. Quite impressed.

Very good hostel, friendly staff. Some free dinners and very good breakfast! Wifi was a little poor, good location

The location was very convenient, easy to find and one block away from Southern cross station. It's like your average backpackers hostel, nothing especially fancy about it. The two things I didn't like about it was that I wasn't able to lock my locker(the lock was weird and I cannot put my own suitcase lock on) and it got really cold at night. There was also a club next door so it was quite loud. I was tired so I fell asleep anyhow.