King Street Backpackers Reviews

197-199 King Street, Melbourne, Australia

Location is great, very near to train station. Staffs are friendly, easy to chat and very helpful. Kitchen is simple but enough for preparing basic food, plus free breakfast provided is a plus. To use free wifi has to go to counter for a voucher every time, but reception is great

Friendly staff, great location, quiet rooms, even when I needed to sleep during the day. Quite impressed.

Very good hostel, friendly staff. Some free dinners and very good breakfast! Wifi was a little poor, good location

The location was very convenient, easy to find and one block away from Southern cross station. It's like your average backpackers hostel, nothing especially fancy about it. The two things I didn't like about it was that I wasn't able to lock my locker(the lock was weird and I cannot put my own suitcase lock on) and it got really cold at night. There was also a club next door so it was quite loud. I was tired so I fell asleep anyhow.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • China

the wifi is unstable and need to get the password every time! The rooms are dirty!