King Tut Hostel Reviews

37 Taalat Harb street, Down Town, 8th Floor, Cairo, Egypt

Great location and good service, particularly the airport pick-up. Lots of insects, very small breakfast and wifi was broken.

• 20th Nov 2013

Low-budget hostel in a great downtown location. Staff v friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and have perfect english. In the days after Morse's departure, the mood everywhere was jubilant and welcoming to tourists. If you want to feel the buzz this is a great place to stay.we recommend this hostel

• 20th Sep 2013

Not a youth hostel just a cheap (not in a good way) hotel. Located in a rundown building (only one of three elevators worked and their were piles of trash in the stairwell. There were bug in my room, no toilet paper in the bathroom, and it smelled pretty bad. I cannot recommend this place to anyone.

I really enjoyed my stay here. I stayed here twice while i was in Egypt and I would certainly stay again. Booked a private room with my own bathroom! Good first impression. The driver was there to pick me up from the airport which made everything a lot easier.The place was clean and its in a great location to do a lot of things. From when i first arrived the staff were helpful. Haytham gave me a general idea of where was safe to go n a map and where I should steer clear of,

• 1st May 2013

this hostel was fabulous for the price and what my friends and I wanted to do. The location is right downtown. They helped us with rides everywhere and our excursion to the pyramids. The people there were extremely friendly and spoke good english which was helpful. The guides they hooked us up with were also amazing and very informative, coming from students in international relations and history. Overall, I would recommend them in a second to anyone!!!! I will def. stay here again!

• 21st Oct 2012

Excellent location in downtown, Friendly stuff, enormous rooms, lounry for reasonable price. Clean and calm. We've booked 4 nights and transfer from airport was really free -this is very useful in Cairo.

i thoroughly recommend this budget hostel. lots of care taken to make sure we had a good time. the staff were attentive, friendly and informative. excellent .

• 10th Aug 2012

“The staff at King tut hostel went above and beyond to help us navigate Cairo. We always felt safe in our hostel and there was someone to help us with whatever we needed 24/7. The location of the hostel is great for experiencing real downtown Cairo. King tut hostel is not in a tourist area. Overall, the facilities were very clean and new. I highly recommend King tut hostel for their outstanding service and great value.

• 31st Jul 2012
  • 25-30

I did not feel safe and felt really uncomfortable being the only women staying on the premises. All that was staying there was local Egyptian men! Downtown was not ideal ! Not a great experience ! At night time was creepy and chaos! Heard guns being shot from the streets! Would not reccomend any women or travelers to stay here! Very misleading reviews and pictures!!!

the 1st about that you are the only women in the hostel , that is not right because during the July month we were fully booked and our hostel open for all nationality and also the local people and we have another nationality but you arrive to the hostel at the evening and you check out in the morning moving to 5star hotel as you said , you spend only the night in your rooms and not sharing the another guest in the commen room to know that we have foreigner the 2nd and the important thing that we do not have guns shot in the start , but we have the fireworks , you came to Egypt two days before our celebration of the holly Ramadan month and e are located in the down town in the center and many shops and all Egyptian people from different area come to downtown and the sellers celebrated and make firework ... no guns shotting and you do not ask us to tell you , and we did not misleading anything for the reviews because we did not do it but another customers and the photos for the rooms you was in it rooms number 806 and the same as photos and we always show what we Sale , this is the first time guest write review as you about us but you do it without to spend with us just for few hours in the nights and you come to talk and write much things about the place without to accommodated in it ,,,,, thanks

very friendly staff who were always willing to help

• 7th Jul 2012

Comfortable, affordable and very well located. Staff are helpful, sharing and warm. I was very looked after as a woman travelling alone. A fine example of Egyptian hospitality. Research your tour options though, and take ear plugs and mosquito repellent, even in winter. I would definately stay there again. Had a beautiful experience. Go to Egypt everyone!

• 1st Dec 2011

Nice location and friendly staff. They have airport pickup service. A good wholesome experience in the center of Cairo! Just 10 minutes to the Egyptian museum. McDonald's is just across the street too.

This hostel is excellent value for money. It is in a central location in the soul of Cairo, & within walking distance of many attractions & there are many local cafes, bars, markets & shops on the doorstep. The beds & the rooms are comfortable, the airport pick up is great. The staff & management are friendly & more than willing to help you in every possible way, all you have to do is ask. They will arrange tours & transportation to suit your needs & budget, & I highly recommend them.

Our stay a King Tut was a pleasent one. Staff speaks fluent English and are very helpfull. We enjoyed the breakfast and they treated us very good. Highly recomended. Location is top notch in the heart of down town. Just a short walk to metro station, McDonalds across the road and Ged (Egyptian food) with excellent shwarma just around the corner. Khan el khalili is just a short walk away too. Only gripe is that showers should be cleaner as well as the towels. Overall excellent place to stay!

Cairo was hard as a solo female traveler. King Tut's was my safe refuge from all the chaos. The staff were a bunch of thorough gentlemen, the owner is a gem- helped me plan my entire trip. They're honest, reliable, accommodating and very forth coming with any help you may need. All rooms have A/c, free Wifi, sat tv, attached loos are are cleaned everyday if you leave your keys. Simple but adequate breakfast, fantastic location- Highly recommend!

Being a first-timer female lone traveller and to Egypt is not easy. But the extra mile that the staffs of King Tut Hostel did to answer my questions and assist with my other travelling needs a me. They were there when i touched down at Cairo Airport till the last day I was there. They have been so helpful, friendly and went to extra mile to make my stay enjoyable, safe and pleasant. I am impressed! I love the staffs there and they made my trip worthwhile! Thumbs Up King Tut Hostel!

• 8th Aug 2011
  • Singapore

Great, cheap Hostel in a prime location!

• 30th Jul 2011

This place is great! It is in a fantastic location in downtown Cairo, within walking distance to the Egyptian Museum, train station, and Islamic Cairo. The ac, free wifi, and satellite tv in each room are great amenities, especially given the price. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Definitely one of my better hostel experiences

very nice hotel full of character, easy to get to very centre located. Staff will do every thing to make your stay great one. I highly recommend it.

An excellent place to stay - the room we stayed in was very pretty and clean, the location is perfect for visiting all the main sites, and the price was very reasonable. I would definitely come back here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7