Kingdom Lodge - St James Park Reviews

Flat B, 4 Strutton Ground, London, England

This is definitively the worst accommodation I have EVER booked. Dirty, VERY dirty, garbage left in bags in the corridors remains for days, the corridor and stairs have not been cleaned for weeks, the kitchen was filthy, and the self-service ‘breakfast’ was in fact just a bottle of milk in the fridge and some cereals in a bag, instant coffee and tea. We choose to eat elsewhere. THIS IS A TURIST TRAP.

You cannot beat the location of this hostel (which is actually like a three bedroom two bathroom apartment). My main complaint is the cleanliness- there were several stains on my bed sheets and it looked as though the floors in the bedroom around the bed had never been cleaned. Another complaint was that there was no toilet paper and when I texted the owner to notify her she responded 6 or 7 hours later offering to bring some the next day. Not sure what she expected us to do in the meantime.

Place needed better towels but for the price you couldn't beat it.

• 18th Jun 2014

I have travelled through a few countries, stayed in plenty of hostels, and unfortunately I have to say this is one of the worst accommodations I have seen. Extremely dirty and a total lack of pride from the people running this place. I found some disposable wipes in the kitchen and wiped over the surfaces in the bedroom, completely filthy and hairs everywhere. We actually decided to lose our deposit and stay elsewhere. I wouldn't even wish to stay at Kingdom Lodge if it was free.

The location was perfect. The breakfast was in the kitchen and self serviced but I liked it. We had some nice bred and creals. Kitchen was very usuful. We cooked on our 2nd day, and it saved us a lot of money. I would recommend this place to my friends and family.

View all London Bed and Breakfasts