Kingdom Lodge - St James Park Reviews

Flat B, 4 Strutton Ground, London, England

OK value for money and location! walking distance to many attractions (we were moved from another apartment which we would've preferred) Arrived 11pm so was nice that landlord met us at that time! Didnt really speak at all just said hello asked for IDs. Breakfast (some cereal dnt expect full english or sugar) But total lack of pride in running the place - we FROZE our asses off first night and she turned heating on eventually after lying that she came to check it already which she didnt!

• 7th Nov 2014

Great location and therefore decent value for money. The rooms and kitchen weren't that clean, but not too bad. If you're looking to stay right in the heart of central London on a budget, this is a good place, but don't expect to see any staff.

This is definitively the worst accommodation I have EVER booked. Dirty, VERY dirty, garbage left in bags in the corridors remains for days, the corridor and stairs have not been cleaned for weeks, the kitchen was filthy, and the self-service ‘breakfast’ was in fact just a bottle of milk in the fridge and some cereals in a bag, instant coffee and tea. We choose to eat elsewhere. THIS IS A TURIST TRAP.

You cannot beat the location of this hostel (which is actually like a three bedroom two bathroom apartment). My main complaint is the cleanliness- there were several stains on my bed sheets and it looked as though the floors in the bedroom around the bed had never been cleaned. Another complaint was that there was no toilet paper and when I texted the owner to notify her she responded 6 or 7 hours later offering to bring some the next day. Not sure what she expected us to do in the meantime.

Place needed better towels but for the price you couldn't beat it.

• 18th Jun 2014

I have travelled through a few countries, stayed in plenty of hostels, and unfortunately I have to say this is one of the worst accommodations I have seen. Extremely dirty and a total lack of pride from the people running this place. I found some disposable wipes in the kitchen and wiped over the surfaces in the bedroom, completely filthy and hairs everywhere. We actually decided to lose our deposit and stay elsewhere. I wouldn't even wish to stay at Kingdom Lodge if it was free.

View all London Bed and Breakfasts