Kingkool Reviews

Prinsegracht 51, The Hague, Netherlands

Excellent hostel, more like an alternative boutique hotel - with each room having its own decor theme. We were in the Industrial Room, a triple room with en suite. Loads of light through big windows, lovely sheets and duvets and an old adding machine as a feature! Hostel has nice bar for a two euro beer or coffee and a good outside space. Tram stops right outside, three stops from main train station. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. kitchen was big and very clean.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A new and nice hostel! The kitchen is well equipped and the bathroom is very clean. Absolutely recommended.

leaves nothing to be desired

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. My only thing would be maybe you feel a little claustrophobic in the large dorms with all the posters on the wall, it doesn't brighten it up. Oh and don't describe the beer sizes as "boy size" and "girl size" but overall I felt totally at home here and like I could talk to anyone, guests and staff! Thanks for the stay, I hope to be back!

Great location (10 min walk from city center), beautiful design of exterior and interior, super clean bathroom, toilets and room, plenty of space in common area with plenty of magazines and books, big TV and PS4, lockers in every room where you can place your backpack (bring your own padlock with >=5 mm thick or buy one at the hostel reception for 4 euros), power sockets on every step (VERY useful), strong wireless, small bar inside, polite and helpful staff.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Croatia

you can't go wrong with a games room, movie screening, sun deck, lounges and a bar

This was a cool, funky little hostel. It had everything you needed to have a great stay, including a large and well-equipped kitchen. The beds were comfortable even though they were triple bunks. The staff was always helpful, polite and engaging. I would stay here again.

King Kool was an excellent experience. We stayed in room four, and although it was a twelve person room I slept remarkably well. They have triple bunk beds which are kind of cool. Only thing that was a little annoying is the beeping of the key card access to room, anytime anyone came in it beeped, and sometimes made an alarm until the door was shut. Location was good, but a little ways from some of the major attractions

The staff was so nice!

• 18th Jul 2015

I really liked the feel of this place, my only complaint is the very top bunk (10 feet high or something). it was very hard to get up there and not only that, there is no proper guard rail, so i was afraid of falling to my death in my sleep. also when people moved about in the bottom ones, the unit would shake. check in as earliest as you can so you don't get stuck with the death trap beds. otherwise great kitchen, lounge, decor, facilities and security.

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. Suer fun, great facilities (cinema room, great kitchen, many chilling areas with sofas, toilets... etc.) super safe, and relaxed in the Dutch way. Met some amazing people and had so much fun, I'll never forget it. Go!

Rad hostel. The staff and owner are choice mad dogs. Will definitely be back next time I'm in den haage

• 11th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

It's really great here. The room is clean and cozy. The staff are really nice and friendly. I was a little bit late to the check in time and I called to inform them. They just concerned whether I find the direction of the hostel.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

Best hostel!

This is a great hostel. I do warn you about the rooms with the triple bunk beds. They are incredibly claustrophobic and tight. Beyond that, I had a fine stay.

Had a great time here. Awesome, friendly staff. Cheap bar. Linen included (but not towels.) Beds are comfy, lockers are sufficient. At least in the 12 bed dorm, there are outlets but they're all together, so no charging your phone by your bedside. Overall, though, this is the first hostel I've given 100% to. I highly recommend this place.

such a good hostel. staff were amazing. best vibe there. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better hostel in den haag.

By far the best hostel I have stayed in thus far. Only downside is that you will want to never leave.

I really liked the privacy of the 16 bed Deluxe dorm - having my own little cubby made it not so bad being in such a large dorm room. There is plenty of space to hang out at this hostel, and that lends itself to being able to meet other travelers. It was also nice being taken on a personal tour of the hostel when I arrived; other places just point you in the general direction of things - the personal touch was really appreciated!

Very clean room