8.2
Fabulous 650 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 650 Total Reviews
Kings Cross Backpackers Located at 79 Bayswater Road, Kings Cross, , Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales 2011 79 Bayswater Road, Kings Cross
82% 650
-33.8759473 151.2253582
    Rooms available

• England, Couple, 18-24
11th Jan 2017
7.4

Overall experience was GOOD other than the showers, but we understand they are refurbishing and the top floor showers made up for it. Everything else was clean, rooms, bedding and kitchen. Location was also good, close to the train station but not too close to the Main Street. Jess on reception was very nice and helpful.

Hey there! :) thank you for taking your time to leave us some feedback, we appreciate your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and is great to hear that our staff were approachable. Our team works hard to ensure that every guest that walk through our doors have an enjoyable time in Sydney and with us. We hope to see you again soon. The Mad Monkey Family!

• HollyVenn
  • England, Female, 18-24
7th Jan 2017
7.7

The place was friendly enough. The toilets where being done on the 1st floor which meant there was only two toilets for the whole place. Roof terrace is great & it has a good vibe. No A/C in rooms - way too hot!

• Belgium, Female, 25-30
4th Jan 2017
6.0

Not clean, only two toilets, no lavatory - only in the toilets. A little dissapointed. Altough, the included breakfast was very nice - same for the location.

• England, Female, 18-24
30th Dec 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Kings Cross Backpackers. The staff were really helpful and with it being my first time staying in a hostel, they filled me in on everything I needed to know. The rooms were really warm so I think could probably do with an extra fan in each room. Maybe a couple more toilets as well as at the top floor, you could sometimes be waiting half an hour just to go for a wee.

• alexandrekarako9702
  • France, Male, 25-30
28th Dec 2016
4.0

Only 2 toilets for all hostel, 5 showers incl. 3 that are mixed and shared. Hot inside as no aeration . Not really clean. Lot of things broken and ont replaced. 2 days to replace the light in one shower. Staff does not really mix with hosts and do not help Few events organised inside the hostel. Very expensive but due to NYE

• Canada, Female, 25-30
25th Dec 2016
3.7

Awful. checked in on Xmas eve, and reception was closed all day to "go to the beach". My key was under a piece of paper with my name and room number on reception counter. Anyone off the street could have come in and taken the keys. then my bed had no linens, so I spent hours trying to find some. Then all the toilet paper ran out and every one was freaking out since no staff. a pig sty also. No Aircon so super hot. Also I hauled my lugguge up SIX FLIGHTS OF STAIRS to my room.

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
21st Dec 2016
6.3

Paid a ridiculous amount of money to be staying here over Christmas and New Year, but the hostel decided it was the best time of the year to renovate some of the bathrooms. This meant for over 50 people only two toilets were available, one of which didn't have a working light for almost the full two week stay. No AC - having the window open and fan on 24/7 didn't help cool down a room that was too small for 6 people. V. disappointing considering the amount of money we paid for the privilege.

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
21st Dec 2016
7.4

My first impression wasn't the best, got a pretty small messy gross room. They only had like 3 toilets and on my floor the light didn't work, they didn't fix it for the whole week I was there.. Because they didn't have that many toilets we still had to go in there but with flashlights on our phones. But (!!) the people there made it to one of my best stays here so far. It's all about the people! And +++++ for the rooftop, bbq's and activities. End of the day I would recommend it to a friend.

• England, Female, 25-30
23rd Nov 2016

This hostel is in a perfect location, it's so close to everything! There's lots going on and the facilities are great! Spent most of my time on the rooftop, great atmosphere :)

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you were able to get to places easily in Sydney and that the facilities were useful. Please visit us again soon!

• England, Female, 25-30
22nd Nov 2016

Staff were fantastic and really welcoming! I got given so much help from the staff when trying to find my way around Sydney, thanks all! I came to this hostel after being recommended by a friend, I loved it and recommend it to anyone.

Wow! Thankyou for taking the time to leave us some feedback! We really appreciate your comments and take all suggestions on board. It's great to hear how helpful you thought our staff were. We try hard to help everyone out when we can! We hope to see you again soon!