Kings Cross Backpackers Reviews

79 Bayswater Road, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Lots of long term workers, so not really a backpacker atmosphere ...

Good points: - the free wifi works well - good breakfast - cheap - good location - great TV-room to relax Negative points: - small

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Great atmosphere, mostly filled with backpackers on long stays, so they hung out in the evenings and were very welcoming. The floors in the toilet were constantly wet/sticky. The cold tap in the showers wouldn't turn, so you get about a minute in the shower before it becomes too hot for comfort, and if someone had showered before you it was just scalding.

• 7th Jul 2014

I was told this hostel was one of the best ones.... OMG... if this is the best, I do not want to see what is average. My room and the bed were clean and well taken care of, although there was no power and we used a sort of light wire to light up the room. The breakfast was not bad if u like cereal, milk and bread. I think the worst part was to see that the restrooms are in a really bad condition. Most of the parts in this room were broken or rusty.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Peru

Stay here!

I had a great time at KXB. Really good location, free breakfast and free WiFi, what more could you want ??

Great place and great people. Really enjoyed my stay. Best nacho and toasties night in Sydney.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Wales

Excellent location close to nightlife and easy to get into central Sydney. All guests very welcoming! Staff helpful when wanting to book trips, transfers, extend stay etc. Girls bathroom could be bigger.

Kingscross backpackers is the best hostel I have ever stayed in!! The staff are all friendly and very welcoming. I have made friends for life there and was very sad to have to leave. They have a roof too terrace which is open all day and they have a free BBQ ever Saturday. We got free nachos on a Wednesday and free toasties on a Thursday. You get free wifi and breakfast every morning! There is a TV room downstairs as well as foxtel in the dining room. The long termers and very welcoming.

• 26th May 2014

Its the only hostel I have been to and I have travelled 9 months that has foxtel sports, free gym membership to the local gym, free toastie night, free bbq AND FREE NACHOS. Considering how much free stuff we get for how much the room was it was definitely a great value for money hostel. The rooms were all getting renovated when I stayed here and now are incredibly clean and a pleasure to sleep in. The rooftop area where we had a bbq overlooked the whole of Sydney and had a great atmosphere.

• 14th May 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed at, in every way possible. Both scenic rooftop and comfortable TV/snooker area were real highlights. Staff were great - recently renovated rooms were cleaned daily. The culture of the place is relaxed and warm, but party focused - that said, it was quiet in the rooms and there wasn't a notion of staying in the hostel and drinking. Everyone gets along and goes out into the Kings Cross area together. Had a great time - I'll definitely be back.

• 12th May 2014

Great Hostel to stay, full of fun and friendly staff and guests. Great location with plenty to do in the area. Would definitely recommend staying in this hostel!

• 12th May 2014

The best hostel i've stayed at in Australia; clean, great staff and an amazing atmosphere! I highly recommend it to everyone!

This a great hostel for those looking to make the most of their trip. Yes a lot of the people staying here are permanent "residents" however they're still extremely friendly. I met one of the owners John while he was doing some work around the hostel-- such a nice guy, worked a lot during my stay doing renovations around the hostel. I'm sure when they're done it'll be that much better than it is now! Can't wait to come back.

• 9th May 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the hostel, they put on free dinners some nights and they offer cheap nights out. Also very friendly hostel and only a 10 minute train journey into the city centre.

• 7th May 2014
  • Scotland

I've stayed in a few hostels around Sydney and I think that Kingscross Backpackers was the best hostel I've stayed in. The staff and residents were all really friendly and include you in everything. There is free breakfast every morning, free nachos on Tuesdays, free toasties on Wednesdays and a free BBQ on Saturdays.

• 7th May 2014

It is a nice hostel but I dont liked the fact that there are so many long term people. It was kinda hard to get in touch with the other people, just because they have known eachother for a longer time. If you want to stay for a longer time I think you can meet really nice people and you'll have a good time. But if you are just staying for a few days as I did you might want to stay in a nother hostel. If you stay 3 nighs or longer you get a free Airport Pick up- i think that is a really good fact

We stayed there for 3 nights. Tv lounge very good but a bit messy. The toilet was totally full with spew. The room was ok but the kitchen is tiny and the showers are not very clean... I think the price is to high, you can get better hostels for less money.

I had a great time at KC Backpackers. Used it as a launch-pad to get into the city and drink. Facilities were great, pool table and tv setup in basement was great. The rooftop tables were splendid to enjoy a morning coffee before attacking the day. Staff were helpful. Room was just what I needed. And only a small walk/stumble to Kings Cross! I'd go back.

• 19th Apr 2014

Proper friendly, and welcoming hostel! I spent 3 nights at kings cross backpackers, and had a great time. Always people around to talk with, give you ideas on things to do. Staff were really accommodating, and made everything really easy. Really cool common areas, to hang out in, watch movies, chat, and do whatever. Loads of organised outings, pub crawls, that get you right involved. It's has a real family atmosphere.wicked hostel!