8.8
Fabulous 514 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 514 Total Reviews
Kings Cross Backpackers Located at 79 Bayswater Road, Kings Cross, , Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales 2011 79 Bayswater Road, Kings Cross
88% 514
-33.8759473 151.2253582
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 25-30
19th Jun 2016

Great breakfast and everything I needed at the hostel. Room was really clean with deep cleans taking place regularly. Nice atmosphere in the hostel and lots happening. The kitchen area is pretty narrow and small, which makes cooking slightly difficult at busier times, but apart from that this is one of the nicest hostels I have stayed at whilst travelling.

19th Jun 2016

Good location, although King's Cross is pretty sketchy/seedy overall, but that's where all the hostels are located so it's hard to avoid it. Free breakfast was awesome - poached eggs, pancakes, yogurt, cereals, coffee. Facilities were really nice, hostel was extremely clean - almost too clean (the cleaners rearranged all of our stuff which was annoying). Only main drawback was that people there were unfriendly. Lots of long-termers on work visas with cliques. Not a party hostel either.

13th Jun 2016

I had a great stay at KXB! The staff are wonderful and the hostel is well kept. Lots of travelers from around the world makes for a great atmosphere. Dan really makes sure that you're comfortable during your stay. I will be back soon!

• England, Female, 25-30
8th Jun 2016

Really enjoyed my time here at kings cross backpackers. A great location, very close to everything central. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful . I liked the atmosphere here as its small enough to get to know everyone with a nice chill/party balance. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it, having stayed at some of the bigger hostels in Sydney I have to say it is one of my favourites.

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We find once people check in, they keep extending and contribute to the awesome homely vibe we have. We hope to have you stay with us again soon. Safe travels, KXB

• Canada, Female, 25-30
7th Jun 2016

Dan was friendly and helpful! He knew what to do and where to go. The staff was so sweet and the rooms were clean and tidy. Would definitely go back. Great breakfast and friendly travellers.

Hello, Thanks for the review! We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad to hear you took advantage of the amazing hot breakfast we offer. Our rooms get cleaned daily and deep cleaned twice per week. We hope to see you again next time you're in Sydney. Enjoy Brisbane :) KXB

• Wales, Male, 18-24
6th Jun 2016

Nice clean hostel with a very friendly atmosphere and good vibe. Started my travels here and looks like I will be staying for a while. Recommended

5.4

We had a longer stay booked at this hostel but left after one night for various reasons: 1. Loud, rude guests 2. Very cold room, not provided with blankets. When I requested one, I was given a dirty old throw blanket with a massive hole in it. 3. Only 1 toilet and 3 showers for about 20-25 guests. I have stayed in WAY better places for WAY less than this place. On the plus side, we were refunded for the canceled reservation for the remaining stay.

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. When the issue was addressed in the morning with reception we took swift action and removed the guests from the property. None of our blankets have holes in them and blankets are available at reception. As for toilets and showers, we do have addition showers and toilets located on each floor. We hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays. KXB

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
6th Jun 2016

Great WiFi and sockets beside each bed, everything clean and rooms deep cleaned twice a week

• Wales, Female, 18-24
5th Jun 2016

Such a great hostel, kept extending my stay as I loved it so much! The long termers there was super friendly and welcoming, as were the staff :) super clean hostel with the best breakfast ever!! (Make the most of the all you can eat pancakes!)

• England, Male, 25-30
4th Jun 2016

I've ended up staying way longer than 2 nights. Really good atmosphere with a mix of long term and short term occupants. Good place to come home to. Lively atmosphere in the kitchen/dining area, chill out downstairs in the TV room or have peace and quiet in your room.