Kings Cross Backpackers Reviews

79 Bayswater Road, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

No much space in the bedroom, really busy and the stairs scared me because of my bag(my room was near the rooftop). But staff was really nice and helped me a lot. The location is good if you like to walk, or you can take a train or a bus. The wifi is for free, and it is good in Sydney (because sometimes they say that it is for free on the website and it is not when you arrive) but it only works near the reception. Another good thing is that you have your own locker inside your bedroom!

Rooms were very messy. Mattress had horrible stains on them and bathrooms were small and often dirty. Rooftop is very nice and kitchen and communal areas are nice. Wi-Fi works very well and staff is extremely helpful.

Rooms wer very hot and stuffy. Very dirty i seen cocktoaches in the room etc, not enough laundry fascilities. Toilets and shower were disgusting. Would not recomend the hostel to anybody Male 24 england

Was ok .... Common room closes at midnight which kinda sucked .... They also have cacroaches!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Rooms were dirty. Showers were weirdly set out. Staff were just like children and most were drunk after 8pm. Just felt like Brits abroad and might aswell have been in Magaluf. The only good thing was the lockers and the breakfast.

Good staff and nice atmosphere, but our room was very dirty and even when was cleaning day staff didnt clean it cuz it was too messed up.

Well, I wasn't expected that when I enter the room that first things I am gonna see is dirty underwear and rubbish on the floor and the smell in the room was disgusting!! Even after couple people left the room and came another backpackers the dirty underwear and rubbish was still there!! Not very clean place!

Kings Cross was my first ever hostel experience. Staff were very friendly - mostly people staying at the hostel so they were always around to socialize with other guests. Kitchen and common area were good. Great set up to encourage guests to hang out and socialize with one another. Stayed in a 12 bed female dorm. Room and bathroom weren't the cleanest, but definitely doable. Had great free breakfast, and great dinner options 3 nights/week. Great organization of night life activity for guests.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at so far! Staff are awesome and super friendly, the hostel has a great vibe and is a great place to meet people and make friends. Movie room, free food and wifi are a huge benefit. I'll be really sad to leave this place but no doubt I'll be back. Would reccomend this place to everyone.

• 25th Jan 2015

The staff was real friendly and helpfull! The atmosphere was actually good but it felt like everbody knows each other and there was no really Chance to get involved!the Location was really good close to the station!my Rom was a Little bit messie i think my roommates are there for a longer time!

Cool place, friendly people. I liked the way everyone went out together at night and we got good deals at the clubs.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Wales

Really fun hostel. Thouroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff were very helpful and fun throughout my stay especially Martina who provided loads of information and recommendations on check in. I will definitely be back

Great hostel with the best rooftop in aaaaallll of Sydney! Made my time in Sydney amazing.

The bathroom was terrible and I saw some cockroaches in the house. Nice staff, very receptive. Place ok, 5min walking from subway.

Nice rooms, friendly people. Movie room, massive lockers. Events every night. Would stay here again even if it is more expensive than some

Great place to discover sydney..., very friendly staff and good advice

Fun, familiar hostel with great staff and generally great people.

+++ Very social hostel so fairly easy to meet people. Close to kings cross but far away to be a bit quieter. Free wifi (if I remember correctly). Rooms and bunks were decent. TV room was nice and comfortable. --- A lot of long-term guests so sometimes difficult to break the ice. Bathrooms and showers were a bit minging most of the time. Kitchen was small and too busy at meal times. Wifi didn't work in room.

Worth the money I think. Anyway I'm not a regular hostel guest. Quite simple dorm, needs to be cleaner, staff is quite friendly though. Had BBQ and drinking night event, seemed fun.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • China

KXB excells at making you feel welcome and part of the family. I loved my stay there. The manager and her staff were brilliant with any problems you might have had, and got on with their days with a cheery smile! I Would highly recommend this hostel if you want to party, or chill or just hang out with some pretty awesome people!