Kings Cross Backpackers Reviews

79 Bayswater Road, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

The hostel is a great place to stay everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Very clean and entertaining place to stay. Would definitely recommend and would stay again.

• 14th May 2015

Great place, great fun really good social scene.

• 13th May 2015

Great hostel, staff are very friendly and welcoming!! It's in a great location!!very close to all the shops!! It's is a very socialable hostel which is exactly why I like it!! Great facilities!! Lots going on and lots of people to get to know. I had a great time at the hostel

• 13th May 2015

Reception guy was very friendly and was very helpful! Good atmosphere in the hostel, everyone very friendly and it's clean

• 13th May 2015

The stuff was were friendly! They have free breakfast including and Nice rooms to live in for a few weeks. You can spend some Nice Time in the rooftop Having a BBQ or just relax and take a sunbath. The Hostel is also very close to the City Center ( 10 Minuten Walk)

• 13th May 2015

Best hostel iv stayed in, good size and staff always willing to help out. Free goon and food is always a plus. I was put in a room with people who stay long term and they made me feel very welcomed, would definitely stay again!

• 11th May 2015
  • Scotland

I love the social scene so this hostel was perfect for me! All the staff and other backpackers made me feel welcome. It was very active with the events and nights out. The location is great, just minutes away from everything in kings cross. Will definitely be back :)

• Scotland

Absolute respect for this hostel. Atmosphere was excellent. The staff are so nice. best hostel in Australia. Respect KXB.

• 7th May 2015

An absolute banger of a time. Great people and staff. Cool rooms. The common rooms and roof top make it.

• Scotland

Excellent stay here everyone was sound

• 7th May 2015

I loved my stay here. Friendly and helpful staff. They even sorted me out with a job. The vibe and people are great!

Omg, when I entered my room there was a disgusting smell. Like rotting salami or something and it went one for all the I stayed there. The showers and toiletts are old and dirty. More or less the whole hostel is gross and smelly. Never again! I left a night earlier than I booked

• 1st May 2015

Great place close to everything, everyone is really friendly and welcoming. Would definetly recommend to anyone!

• 24th Apr 2015

This is a party hostel. If you like to drink beers every night, this might be for you. Otherwise, it is loud, dirty and not very well kept. Our room was full of stuff previous people had left, rubbish everywhere. I thought it would get tidied by the cleaners, but it turns out people who live there get free rent for "cleaning". A quick brush round the room if your lucky. Kitchen is just as bad. Toilets too. The whole place is a mess and not ran in a professional manner. would not recommend.

i checked in at 11pm and the guy on the reseption was drinking a beer. they don't have room key's and i booked a girl dorm but in the midde f the night at least 3 boys slept in my dorm. it was realy dirty they don't change bed sheets we a new person comes, it was horrible and not worth money!!!!

• 4th Apr 2015

Very filthy. Brown stains on mattress, came across used condoms in toilets

We spent 3 nights in this hostel. They had problems with the booking, made us pay more cause I had a delay and I couldn't check in the first day. After arguing they gave us back the money that we didn't have to pay. The structure is not bad but dirty as hell. Expectially weekends. Good points the rooftop and free breakfast but that's not enough. Definitly not to try

Could have been quite a good hostel, but unfortunately they have a different understanding of cleanliness... first thing i saw was a piece of pizza and some other food leftovers on the stairs which have been there for another two days. also some of the showers have not been cleaned for min two days (i heavily doubt they were cleaned the day before my arrival). some toilets could not be locked. the "weekly deep cleaning" was done in 45 seconds while having a bottle of beer....

We stayed in a 12 bed female dorm. Having stayed in a fair few hostels (worldwide and Aus) we weren't expecting the Ritz but unfortunately the room had been taken over by young girls who had abandoned their stuff everywhere. We could just about find our way to a bed and struggled to find spare lockers to lock away our stuff. Unfortunately the staff didn't seem to be bothered by the complete mess of the room, which ruined our stay. The kitchen was pretty dirty too. Wouldn't recommend.

Fun atmosphere but rooms are exceptionally small and in need up refurbishment.