Kings Cross Backpackers Reviews

79 Bayswater Road, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Bathrooms really dirty everytime. Rooms really dirty eith things of other people everywhere...

• 1st Aug 2015

Horrible- wouldn't stay there ever again. Didn't even receive a blanket, went and complained and they said they couldn't do anything about it.

Best hostel in kings cross. So much fun on weekends. Free gym access at anytime fitness. Chilly at night during winter. Choose this one.

• 9th Jul 2015

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel, though the facilities are pretty standard for King Cross but I really like it because of the atmosphere. Even though there are many long term people here they made me feel very welcome and there are lots of activities on every week. it is definitely a party hostel.

The location was very central and close to lots of great cafes/food. Definitely a a young/party hostel, if that's what you're looking for then go for it. Rooms were very dirty, partly due to guests being untidy, but also they did not make sure our beds were cleaned or unused before checking in. The staff member had to clear other people's belongings off our bed at check in, and when climbing onto my top bunk there was fresh blood on the railing and completely soaked through the pillow. Nasty.

I'm not sure who runs this place but most (all) of the workers are people staying there long term and it seems there isn't much oversight/management. The floors would be swept twice per day but the showers didn't seem to be cleaned once. It's not a clean place at all and there are not enough toilets and showers for all of the people staying there and it was only 70% occupied when I was there! The people were very kind there but the cleanliness and atmosphere of the hostel were bad.

• 1st Jun 2015

I enjoyed my stay at KXB. Made loads of friends. Free breakfast was decent. The free wifi was slow but fast enough to use social media and FaceTime, although it was only available in communal areas. The hotel was cleaned every day but the people staying generally didn't clean after themselves leaving the place dirty. The kitchen was small and messy. No clean towels to dry dishes - they need a plate rack to allow dishes to dry. Need to enforce closing of dorm room doors as they are wedged open.

The girls' room looks more like a pig's room. You will find undies, clothes, bowls with milk, empty packs of cigarettes...and a lot more everywhere in the room. Hopefully I didn't find any cockroaches.

The hostel is a great place to stay everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Very clean and entertaining place to stay. Would definitely recommend and would stay again.

• 14th May 2015

Great place, great fun really good social scene.

• 13th May 2015

Great hostel, staff are very friendly and welcoming!! It's in a great location!!very close to all the shops!! It's is a very socialable hostel which is exactly why I like it!! Great facilities!! Lots going on and lots of people to get to know. I had a great time at the hostel

• 13th May 2015

Reception guy was very friendly and was very helpful! Good atmosphere in the hostel, everyone very friendly and it's clean

• 13th May 2015

The stuff was were friendly! They have free breakfast including and Nice rooms to live in for a few weeks. You can spend some Nice Time in the rooftop Having a BBQ or just relax and take a sunbath. The Hostel is also very close to the City Center ( 10 Minuten Walk)

• 13th May 2015

Best hostel iv stayed in, good size and staff always willing to help out. Free goon and food is always a plus. I was put in a room with people who stay long term and they made me feel very welcomed, would definitely stay again!

I love the social scene so this hostel was perfect for me! All the staff and other backpackers made me feel welcome. It was very active with the events and nights out. The location is great, just minutes away from everything in kings cross. Will definitely be back :)

• Scotland

Absolute respect for this hostel. Atmosphere was excellent. The staff are so nice. best hostel in Australia. Respect KXB.

• 7th May 2015

An absolute banger of a time. Great people and staff. Cool rooms. The common rooms and roof top make it.

• Scotland

Excellent stay here everyone was sound

• 7th May 2015

I loved my stay here. Friendly and helpful staff. They even sorted me out with a job. The vibe and people are great!

Omg, when I entered my room there was a disgusting smell. Like rotting salami or something and it went one for all the I stayed there. The showers and toiletts are old and dirty. More or less the whole hostel is gross and smelly. Never again! I left a night earlier than I booked

• 1st May 2015